As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super [Phalla] All-Star Rumble (mini) - Game Over - Mafia Victory!

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Grunt, you have to remember that this is a game of information and quite literally spelling out your plans to everyone isn't going to work out in your or the village's favor.

True, but if this guy claiming seer is mafia, I have no way of knowing if he is guarded, or true. This is the only way I can. If I'm being played, sorry premium but you would do the same thing in my shoes.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    He's not confirmed no, but it is odd that the vig would let someone claim their role without killing them, and we aren't missing any kills indicating it could have been blocked

• Options
    premium wrote: »
    I'd like to remind everyone that grunt isn't confirmed anyways, so why a "seer" would be going to him is beyond me.

I've been out in the open since the end of day 1. No seer would past up seering me already, with me claiming vig. If I wasn't a vig, wouldn't someone piped up and said something by now?

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Typhus733 wrote: »
    Grunt, you have to remember that this is a game of information and quite literally spelling out your plans to everyone isn't going to work out in your or the village's favor.

True, but if this guy claiming seer is mafia, I have no way of knowing if he is guarded, or true. This is the only way I can. If I'm being played, sorry premium but you would do the same thing in my shoes.

I would probably wonder why someone would come to me with this kind of info when I'm not confirmed.
    You also said you gave their name out to another player? Another unconfirmed player? So even if the "seer" is legit (it's not) you could have just gave them out to a mafia anyways?

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to remind everyone that grunt isn't confirmed anyways, so why a "seer" would be going to him is beyond me.

I've been out in the open since the end of day 1. No seer would past up seering me already, with me claiming vig. If I wasn't a vig, wouldn't someone piped up and said something by now?

Why would a seer target you when if you are a legit vig there is a very good chance that you'll be mafia meat soon?

edit. Because if you aren't confirmed a guard isn't super likely to save your ass

premium on
  • Options

Why would a seer target you when if you are a legit vig there is a very good chance that you'll be mafia meat soon?

edit. Because if you aren't confirmed a guard isn't super likely to save your ass
    ANSWER: THE JUDGEMENT OF THIS PERFECT, IMMORTAL MACHINE IS THAT SENTIENTS ARE, AS A RULE, EXCEEDINGLY DUMB.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

ANSWER: THE JUDGEMENT OF THIS PERFECT, IMMORTAL MACHINE IS THAT SENTIENTS ARE, AS A RULE, EXCEEDINGLY DUMB.

Says the robot who is falling for it

• Options
    Premium, there are a lot of powers being thrown around right now. Trust that I know what I'm doing.

• Options
    Premium, there are a lot of powers being thrown around right now. Trust that I know what I'm doing.

lol

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

Says the robot who is falling for it
    PREVIOUS OBSERVED PATTERNS INDICATE THIS SITUATION IS NOT EXACTLY UNLIKELY. INVESTIGATE, GATHER DATA, ANALYZE RESULTS.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    What does tally bot say the count is?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So lets talk scenarios for how this crap all started and how it will end.

Scenario 1 - The mafia seer

-Fake seer gets GG to put a seer call on me
    -You fine folks all band up and vote me out.
    -GG eats mafia kill tonight
    -Fake seer posts before GGs buddy(if he also isn't mafia) and does a fake call on a random player who he says is the actual fake seer
    -You all vote out another villager
    -It's now day 5 with no mafia dead
    -You hopefully vote out the fake seer
    -It's now day 6 with shit all leads because of the side show that the thread became between day 4-6 without me around being awesome

Who wants to go next?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Current vote snapshot (order is place in bandwagon)
    38thDoe 7 - Iron Weasel, Invictus, Baidol, SeGaTai, Buddha73, Matev, TheRoadVirus
    TheRoadVirus 3 - premium, Typhus733, Mikey CTS
    jdarksun 3 - 38thDoe, Bedlam, kime
    premium 2 - Grunt's Ghosts, jdarksun
    Bedlam 1 - Flarne

Vote history
    38thDoe: jdarksun
    Baidol: 38thDoe
    Bedlam: jdarksun
    Buddha73: 38thDoe
    Flarne: Bedlam
    Grunt's Ghosts: premium, 38thDoe
    Invictus: 38thDoe
    Iron Weasel: 38thDoe
    Matev: 38thDoe
    Mikey CTS: TheRoadVirus
    SeGaTai: 38thDoe
    TheRoadVirus: 38thDoe
    Typhus733: TheRoadVirus
    jdarksun: premium, 38thDoe
    kime: jdarksun
    premium: TheRoadVirus

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WHO EVER GAVE ME ROBOT POWERS LAST NIGHT, COME TALK TO ME!!!!

• Options
    Premium seems to be freaking out waaaaay too much for only having a couple votes on him

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Premium seems reasonably testy after having a seer call (which will almost certainly lead to him being voted out) being put out on him due to the incredibly shady circumstances around it

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Why would a seer tell the outed vig to make a call and not kill premium using the vig? There is no world where this makes sense. Loss of vote records due to testing a seer call is way worse than the chance GG is killed or roleblocked or whatever.

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Because a vig kill isn't 100%, plus I'm out'd anyhow, roleblocks, busdrivers, ect. can fuck we me. A seer'd wagon is harder to fuck with.

• Options
    But the mafia didn't fool with your kill yesterday

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Because I didn't have a kill the day before. I don't onow bur I can't take chances.

• Options
    His kill can't touch me because I know the wu tang secret

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    premium

seer test!

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    premium

I lost power most of today. :(

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Please don't vote me out you guys have no idea the level of bullshit that is happening
    I can say with some confidence that this game is probably lost unless we ignore GGs fake seer call

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    It is my hope that someone learns something from this after the mafia win. Catch you after it ends.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    38th, because I can't shake the feeling that something really strange is going on here. Also because I like being contrarian.

• Options
    Going with the majority != contrarian.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Last minute TRV switch!

• Options
    I can dream

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Going with the majority != contrarian.
    It is when we use my definition! :rotate:

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    It's that time again.

@blaze_zero
    @I needed a name to post.
    @phyphor

You have been warned!

• Options
  • Options
    I vow that my vengeance won't be swift or entertaining. I will draw it out over decades in such a subtle fashion that you'll have to wonder whether the misery in your life is either manifest or the machinations of 38thDoE or . . . a third thing. Good evening.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Day 3 – Phalla Kings 2

“So you get to choose where you start, but instead of using historic rulers, we use historical phalla figures. So Hammer Wilga is the King of Obiverse while the Primaphorior...”

“Saber, Imma let you finish, but we're really not looking for more help with our Crusader Kings 2 game.” jdarksun said. “We just need to finish up the coding. Phyphor, you had something?”

“Yeah. Saber, we also think that the players will find it a bit more immersive if they can name their own characters. Bringing in characters from previous phalla game would only serve to muddy the issue. Can you imagine someone giving birth to Spiffy the Dog. It really doesn't fit with the atmosphere we are trying to invoke.”

38th Doe leaned back in his chair. “Saber, we know you're trying to make this work, but I think you're missing out on something important. Villains. Everyone knows who they are, but what are they fighting against. Trying to shoehorn your story into the Crusader Kings world isn't going to fix the underlying issues with your narrative. Instead of having them rule countries, why don't they just fight the bad guys or something? Keep it simple, you know?”

“I understand and appreciate the feedback guys, but I really think people will dig having Murderbot rampage across Northern Africa driving back the Muslim hordes. As a set piece it would be...”

It was at that point Saber realized the phone line had gone dead and he was talking to himself.

The Dead

jdarksun – Murderbot
    Buddha73 – Hammer Wilga
    38th Doe – Spiffy the Dog
    Phyphor – Primaphorior

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    OoooooooO
    Um...wow. i was not expecting that. Good luck then.
    OooooooooO

• Options
    PM's are all out. Day 4 has begun.

As it is the weekend, Day 4 will last 48 hours. Vote close will be at the same time on Sunday night. Enjoy your weekend!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    ....god I hate this.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra