As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dwarf [Phalla] 2 - Votemurdered has fallen. ObiFett(The Mad King) Victory!

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Day 1 Smoking Gun.

gggg.png

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I am not mafia. It was an accident with my phone scrolling.

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    I'm totally ok with putting !Nion into 3rd place.

Death votes need to be in red, Larry. Not a huge deal in this game, since there are no other votes with other colors, but it makes everyone's lives easier, in particular with Phyphor's magic box.
    Jesus, I am out of practice. !Nion

• Options
    I am not mafia. It was an accident with my phone scrolling.

Riiiiiiiiiiight. :)

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular

Death votes need to be in red, Larry. Not a huge deal in this game, since there are no other votes with other colors, but it makes everyone's lives easier, in particular with Phyphor's magic box.

It is understandable, skill degradation is on.

So, Jdarksun, outdoor farming with acidic (and hopefully that is all it does) rain? Nice. Sign me up as any immigrant with a pet goat or a potter or doctor.

Now on to the important things, if kime is a noble what kind of table should we make for him?

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular

So, Jdarksun, outdoor farming with acidic (and hopefully that is all it does) rain? Nice. Sign me up as any immigrant with a pet goat or a potter or doctor.

Now on to the important things, if kime is a noble what kind of table should we make for him?

the fortress I started yesterday basically makes things of diorite, studded with citrine. So I suggest that.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

Stabstukos, the Backs of Stabbing

This is an obsidian table. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.

On the item is an image of dwarves voting out a kime. The kime is laughing.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Stabstukos, the Backs of Stabbing

This is an obsidian table. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.

On the item is an image of dwarves voting out a kime. The kime is laughing.

It menaces with spikes of cat leather.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    On the item is an image of cake. The cake menaces with spikes of frosting. The kime is eating the cake

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    What happens in case of ties?

Something bad, I'll bet

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Grunt's ghosts

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Drafts can suck a big d

• Options
    Today's democracy has ended.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Yay! Democracy!

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    End of Day 1

1 Hematite - 546
    First, the good news.
    That screaming turned out to be nothing but one of the nobles being upset at the new accommodations. Rather than do anything to try and improve the situation, they decided to throw a party in a makeshift dining room to make themselves feel better.
    The miners were digging around today and found an old access shaft to a pit of magma, It doesn't seem to be connected to the rest of the fort, so we've left the passage open. I'm sure we can find a use for a pit of magma.
    Speaking of the miners, they did an excellent job of digging out a vein of iron, and we have plenty of ore in the stockpile. It looks like we have enough that someone should be able to do something with it soon.

Now for the bad news.
    I heard some more screaming coming from one of the bedrooms today, and immediately investigated. When I arrived, I found Grunt's GhostsOlon Rooftrot being beaten to death by a group of dwarves. Apparently he was moving kind of slowly, shuffling a little bit when he was walking, and was mistaken for an undead. Poor guy, he was probably just stiff after a hard day of labor.
    Next we found the body of I needed a name to post.Minkot Luretowns. He had been scratched, bitten, beaten, and ripped apart by something. Given what we've been up against for the last little while, I'm willing to bet that some of the undead got in here somehow.
    On the way back to my room I came across another grisly scene. jdarksunGeshud Relicblots had been beaten to death with a blunt instrument. Based on the amount of... Geshud Relicblots spread around the room, I would guess he had been hit no less than 50 times.
    Finally, I had made it back to my room when I was informed by another dwarf that WinkyMorul Workedlances was found beheaded. Fitting, in a weird way, that the Axedwarf was beheaded with an axe.
    I need to get some sleep. Hopefully tomorrow is less bloody.

The Dead:

Grunt's Ghosts - Cook - Killed by the vote
    I needed a name to post. - Cook - Ripped apart by the undead
    jdarksun - Cook - Suffered no less than 50 strokes from a hammer
    Winky - Axedwarf - Beheaded with an axe

Stockpile Levels:
    Drinks: 48
    Food: 47
    Ore: 88 - Next Strange Mood at 160 Ore.
    Corpses: 4

Two new labors have become available for all Dwarves:
    Haul Corpse- Haul one of the corpses from the corpse stockpile to the magma pit to destroy it, removing it from the stockpile.
    Attend Party- Head to the makeshift dining room and spend some time socializing with other dwarves. This will cause you to gain 1 sanity up to a maximum of 5, but you will consume 1 extra drink. Every dwarf who is partying will learn who else is at the party.

Update PMs are going out. Please hold discussion until I give the all clear.

Day 2 will feature a
    Purple vote to select the dwarf who will have a Strange Mood. This lucky dwarf will seclude themselves from society and become untargetable by any ability, and also not able to take any normal action, until the mood is complete.

Remember, Losing is !!FUN!!
    @Draygo and @Teucrian are on warning for their failure of democracy.

premium on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    mf6RYoE.jpg

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    OooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooO
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D67jM8nO7Ag

Minecraft is better!
    OooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooO

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Told y'all there was a Hammerer. Let's hope it's not OmLoz. :D (ilu!)

• Options
    Update PMs are out.
    Democracy begins anew.
    Remember today has a special Purple vote to determine who gets to have a Strange Mood

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Geth, roll 1d40

1d40 13 [1d40=13]

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Okay, blaze_zero is #13 on the sign-ups list, everyone purple-vote him.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Blaze_Zero

Sure hope we brought shells.

Draygo - this time a legit vote, because inactive.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Blaze_Zero sounds has good has anybody.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    What is an axe dwarf?

• Options
    DemuristDemurist Registered User regular
    Hmmm... So I can lug around a cadaver or rub elbows with the who's-who of Votemurdered... On one hand I drink.more and become more sane. On the other hand I get to throw my dead comrades in lava. Tough call.

sig.jpg
  • Options
    Assuran wrote: »
    What is an axe dwarf?

That'd be a dwarf in the militia or fortress guard who wields an axe. Unless you mean phalla-wise, in which case I don't know. Guard, maybe?

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Told y'all there was a Hammerer. Let's hope it's not OmLoz. :D (ilu!)

Me: My fists are not the Hammer... :winky:

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    My guess was that axe dwarf was an even day vig.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Does haul corpse have to target a specific corpse? Can it? If so, what happens when two dwarfs target the same corpse?

Steam
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Infidel has been pretty helpful, and if he goes into a Mood, the mafia can't gut him like a carp.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    I'll take the mood sure. !Infidel

Mafia if you're looking for your second kill I think I found it, did you need it back?

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Also great work with the harvesting, we pretty much nailed it.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Corpses are probably bad, right? They'll become miasma maybe?

Steam
  • Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    Or undead. Don't remember corpses doing that in DF, but fits with the general idea of undead. Especially with the corpses being dumped in magma, instead of just hauled outside or buried.

• Options
    edited July 2013

... but he got Axed himself. Doesn't make sense. Sparring accident? No, I see that was a mafia kill. Busdrive?

Or, you know, zombies. Necromantic DF phalla.

Auralynx on
  • Options

... but he got Axed himself. Doesn't make sense. Sparring accident? No, I see that was a mafia kill. Busdrive?

Or, you know, zombies. Necromantic DF phalla.

Makes sense to me. Axes kill folks, he had one. So he was either killed by the mafia equivalent or (less likely) someone is able to make folks target themselves. Or some third option im not thinking of, but my guess is that he is a vig of some sort.

Yes, its a necromancy phalla, but its still a phalla. So if those corpses return is zombies its not likely that the players would be brought back into the game, because if they are they are getting voted immediately. So raising of zombies has to have more of an indirect effect. Say, some third party getting additional kills for every X zombie raised or something. Either way, we need to not have a large corpse backlog.

An option we have is to roll a d6, and on a 1 you go on corpse duty. That would probably get us a range of 2-6 or 2-5 (1 truncated). I assume whomever dies to the vote tonight will be in that corpse pile.

Steam
  • Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    Is doing the corpse hauling by having players publicly declare that they are hauling a corpse a viable idea? It would save us wasting people by having too many haulers. Might be bad if specials can't do normal labors in addition to their special stuff, though.

• Options
    Nion wrote: »
    Is doing the corpse hauling by having players publicly declare that they are hauling a corpse a viable idea? It would save us wasting people by having too many haulers. Might be bad if specials can't do normal labors in addition to their special stuff, though.

Last night's labor totals are nigh-impossible without specials who can perform labor.

• Options
    Nion wrote: »

Last night's labor totals are nigh-impossible without specials who can perform labor.

So,

48: food
    47: beer
    88: Ore

This means that, with approx 29 producers (im assuming that about 30 folks will produce, but then GG was voted).

If 39 folks consumed:
    We produced 47 food, 46 beer, 88 ore, for a total of 181 resources. Which is like an average of 6 and change. This would lead me to guess that we don't have 39 consumers, or that the specials provide a great deal of resources.

(if we have 31 consumers then we produced 39 food, 38 beer, 88 ore, which is like 5 and change if about 29 folks produce)

Steam
  • Options
    Either way, we are in a better place than i thought we would be, resource wise today. We have enough to err on the side of caution as far as corpse cleaning is concerned.

Steam