As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dwarf [Phalla] 2 - Votemurdered has fallen. ObiFett(The Mad King) Victory!

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    So your saying the claim is bogus and you weren't guarded that night?

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I'm saying I havent gotten notice of a kill prevented against me. So that means no guard and no attack. Only notice is just the one sanity attack that ZH stopped.

• Options
    Fair enough, just seemed odd that Flarne picked you out after not really saying much of anything

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    not really, imo. outed mafia and all that.

• Options
    wont be back till late so getting my vote in since i missed the earlier run

Blaze Zero

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    !blaze_zero

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    not really, imo. outed mafia and all that.

If we're supposed to ignore outed mafia, why bring up the post at all? Those of us paying attention surely saw it, and those not paying attention are probably dying tonight based on how The Ender chooses targets :P

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I like to point out when I'm right. ;)

it happens rare enough in phalla that I like to enjoy it.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    I'm going to be quite nonplussed if tonight is the night Premium introduces a Forgotten Beast. But on the other hand, FUN will be had.

• Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    Echo...Echo...! ............*silence*

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Buddha73 wrote: »

We're past the point where there's a lot to say other than "No! Don't hammer me!" If the game doesn't end tonight it'll be because something has gone wrong.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »

We're past the point where there's a lot to say other than "No! Don't hammer me!" If the game doesn't end tonight it'll be because something has gone wrong.

I dunno, I can see the game lasting one more night without too many shenanigans.

• Options
    CesareB wrote: »

I dunno, I can see the game lasting one more night without too many shenanigans.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if it last one more day being has killing all the remaining Mafia in one go is really hard. Ender was sure that SlyM was gonna turn up red but he didn't. So anything could happen.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Either way, not a ton left to discuss unless something unexpected happens. Vote, aim hammer / sword, wait for 2 am, possibly repeat.

How 'bout them gopher leather vests?

• Options
    Being that I'm a Brewer, i came up with a name for my dwarf beer brand. What you think about Thor's Hammer Ale? Lol

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Vote closed 16 mins ago, narration in a little bit

• Options
    Yay! First night I've stayed awake for vote close! :)

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Dear Nion,

I have run out of witticisms. You have been struck with a hammer until dead tonight.

Best regards,

Ender

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    No matter what people might say, Ender you have been by far the coolest and funnest Vig ever!

• Options
    Lately, anyway.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    End of Day 7

7 Hematite - 546
    With our numbers severely depleted, the entire fortress convened today and decided it was time to act decisively to root out the remaining threats to the fortress. blaze_zeroDishmab Clashbell was hung with virtually no dissenting opinions. We are all guilty of killing yet another innocent today.
    The undead continued to roam freely around our fortress, this time killing one of the few remaining dwarves with the strength to stand against them. The EnderIlral Mergedbust went to bed early after a satisfying days labor, and was ripped apart by the fiends without getting a chance to react.
    NionLorbam Angelshoots was found unconscious from a severe beating with a blunt instrument earlier today. With absolutely no skilled medical dwarves alive in the fortress, we were unable to do anything to help him before he perished.
    Another set of oddly timed deaths by a sword today. InfidelDumat Spearhammers and SeGaTaiRimtar Watchstockades were both found cut apart at roughly the same time but at opposite sides of our 'secured' area of the fortress. At least one of them had those strange markings, so today wasn't a total loss for our side. Of course, the other one was clearly left in a spot where I would be the one to find it on the way to my room. They can't scare me
    I laugh at the scary deaths now
    Ha Ha
    death death death death death death my death your death everybody death death

The Dead:

blaze_zero - Cook - Killed by the vote
    The Ender - Hammerer and Mayor - Ripped apart by the undead
    Nion - Brewer - Suffered no less than 50 strokes from a hammer
    Infidel - Master Cook - Cut down with a sword
    SeGaTai - Necromancer posing as a Miner - Cut down with a sword

Stockpile Levels:
    Drinks: 8
    Food: 9
    Ore: 173 - Next Strange Mood at 240 Ore.
    Corpses: 8

Day 8 will feature a vote to determine the new Mayor. Please cast your votes in Dodgerblue to elect a dwarf to this prestigious position.

Update PMs are going out. Please hold discussion until I give the all clear.

Remember, Losing is !!FUN!!
    @Invictus gets today's inactivity warning for his lack of participation in the democratic process.

premium on
  • Options
    O god we lost our vig. :(

• Options
    PMs should all be out. Day 8 begins now!

• Options
    We lost one of our vigs. CesareB PsychoLarry1

• Options
    Okay, so, considering that, in all likelihood, there are going to be 4 deaths tomorrow, the game will end one way or another. Therefore, there's really no harm in the village vig revealing themselves. So I would suggest they do so. Sooner rather than later. We've a mafia to hunt and very little time.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    oooOOOoooooOOOooo

...and the severed part sails off in an arc!

oooOOOoooooOOOooo

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    O_o

Well, just to check:

We'd have received a mention in the narration if the mafia had been eliminated?

PsychoLarry1Auralynx

Don't think I can sensibly vote anyone else for Mayor but Larry's been a suspect for quite some time. So has Buddha.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    We'd have received a mention in the narration if the mafia had been eliminated?

Yup

premium on
  • Options
    In fact, not just the vig should reveal. Everyone should say their role.

I'm a Miner.

• Options
    I had almost the exact same thing typed out,

then deleted it because I realized it would be a "rolecall", which I've been told in the past is a frowned upon thing in phalla

• Options
    Not seeing how that's a good idea unless you're a mafia hoping we slip up, CB.

• Options

Its actually a very good idea. If we knew everyone's role we could look at the distribution and make some educated guesses on which one is a cover role.

Just not sure its allowed to ask everyone to reveal their role in thread.

• Options

Its actually a very good idea. If we knew everyone's role we could look at the distribution and make some educated guesses on which one is a cover role.

It's a great idea except that if we reveal in-thread and bet wrong, we just fed the bad-guy the special(s) left in the game.

• Options
    true

cesareb is assuming the game is over tonight, though. I'm inclined to agree with him. 6 players and ~4 kills means game over after today.

• Options
    Just to have done the parse: the mafia had 1 of each type of Master, 1 of each normal guy, and 1 extra cook. If you're a cook, you're blameless. Miners and brewers are suspect.

• Options

It's a great idea except that if we reveal in-thread and bet wrong, we just fed the bad-guy the special(s) left in the game.

At this point either we kill the last mafia or we don't. The mafia don't care which villagers they get rid of as long as they themselves survive. I mean, the only thing that changes, if the mafia know who the specials are, and the kill count tomorrow is as expected, is who is the last villager alive with the last mafia tomorrow. Doesn't much matter now does it?

I guess if the village vig happened to run out of sanity last night and/or the mafia no longer control 2 kills for some reason, then there could be 3 people left tomorrow and in all likelihood everyone dies for a host victory on the next day. Which... I guess would be appropriate to the source material.

Obi, I was under the impression that rolecalls weren't against the rules, just unpopular. If it's a violation I apologize.

• Options
    This seems like the sort of circumstance where one might be warranted; I understand just fine why you asked. I'm just not sure it's safe to do it. If they're legal, we should probably consider going with the plan.

• Options
    I guess ill throw my hat in the ring, Buddha73 and cast out PsychoLarry1 who has been on my radar for awhile now.

• Options
    Players Left (11)
    6. Auralynx
    8. Invictus
    11. ObiFett
    16. Buddha73
    22. CesareB
    30. PsychoLarry1

Also for decision-making ease.

• Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    Well let's lay our cards on the table then. I'm the village Swordsdwarf. I can't speak to who stabbed Infidel, but I suspect it had something to do with the corpse disappearing.

I would suggest we vote for someone else, like CesareB
    ObiFett