As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Target employees: can I call in during my 2 weeks notice?

override367override367 ALL minionsRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm really feeling like shit and I want to call in tomorrow, but I already put in my 2 weeks (last day is saturday). A team member told me that if I call in during the 2 weeks it will make me not rehireable, is he blowing smoke or can I call in? I mean I'm vomiting (out both ends!) and the whole works, but I might need to work at target again in the future.

Anyone who works there know the policy for sure?

override367 on

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd show up. If you're that sick, they'll probably tell you to go home.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    KingSpikeKingSpike Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm really feeling like shit and I want to call in tomorrow, but I already put in my 2 weeks (last day is saturday). A team member told me that if I call in during the 2 weeks it will make me not rehireable, is he blowing smoke or can I call in? I mean I'm vomiting (out both ends!) and the whole works, but I might need to work at target again in the future.

If I recall correctly, the policy was not that if you call in during your two weeks then not rehireable, but if you put your notice in and then disappear you are not rehireable. I was told when I worked at Target that abandoning the job meant I was no longer able to be hired for 7 years. This applied to putting in my two weeks notice as well. So if I put my notice in and then just stopped showing up, then I couldn't expect a job with Target for another 7 years.

I think you'll be fine because you'll still work the rest of your shifts and so it should be treated as calling in any other time. Wouldn't hurt to call and speak with a manager and talk to them about the situation. Or do what Thinatos suggested and go in and hopefully they'll send you home.

KingSpike on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    KingSpike wrote: »

If I recall correctly, the policy was not that if you call in during your two weeks then not rehireable, but if you put your notice in and then disappear you are not rehireable. I was told when I worked at Target that abandoning the job meant I was no longer able to be hired for 7 years. This applied to putting in my two weeks notice as well. So if I put my notice in and then just stopped showing up, then I couldn't expect a job with Target for another 7 years.

I think you'll be fine because you'll still work the rest of your shifts and so it should be treated as calling in any other time. Wouldn't hurt to call and speak with a manager and talk to them about the situation. Or do what Thinatos suggested and go in and hopefully they'll send you home.

Hah, this one time I had bronchitis, really bad, and went in as a favor and cancelled my doctors appointment (didnt know what I had), and asked if I could leave early. Not only did he not let me leave early, upon locking the store at close I was unable to leave until a full hour and a half after my shift ended. I had at least a dozen customers tell me I looked incredibly ill. The etl (or w/e you call the head lod) at my Target is a fuckwad of the most epic proportions. A pregnant team member who asked for a chair once and was refused every single day had a miscarriage. I don't know why she didn't sue, but it lets you know what kind of douchebaggery I have to deal with (and why I'm quitting, if I come back to target it will be the new one they are building which is actually closer to my house)

But thanks Kingspike, since I'm sure I'll get no sleep I'll call in the early AM and hopefully get one of the LOD's who never sees the light of day and has no idea who I am, and will likely agree to anything I ask.

override367 on