As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Twilight Imperium] Game 6 - Game Over.

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Saar takes (5) Trade II

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    @caliber, it is your turn to select a Strategy Card. Remaining cards are (1) Leadership, (2) Diplomacy II, (3) Assembly, and (6) Warfare II (with one bonus counter).

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    @caliber. Let me know if there's anything I can give you for Assembly.

During the Strategy Phase, you may take one Trade Good token from up to two different players. Each such target player must have at least 3 Trade Goods on his Race Sheet.

I use my racial ability, targetting Yssaril and Arborec.

TG/AC/PC: 5/0/1
    SA/FS/CP: 2/6/3

• MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Oh crap, I thought that was during the status phase. Hurf durf on me opting for that refresh TG.

• robinlambertrobinlambert Registered User regular
    So what the protocol on waiting?

I'm gonna give @caliber another day to respond, but I'll figure out how to keep the game moving.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • calibercaliber Registered User regular
    Wow, super sorry guys. Was in the middle of picking yesterday, something came up, and I totally forgot. :oops: And then my new Friday schedule means I can't check as early in the morning as I usually do and ... yeah. Apologies.

Mentak, I'd normally be interested in hearing your offer, but as I'm already late in picking ... Warfare II. But the extra in CP.

TG/AC/PC: 7/2/2
    SA/FS/CP: 2/5/3

I'll take Assembly then.

Democracy! Nooooooooo

Void Slayer has conditional orders to play an Action Card from his hand. If anyone wants to play a card simultaneously, declare now. I'll start resolution in a day, even if not everyone responds, given the nature of the action.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    No action card

edited August 2013
    You mean 'No Diplomacy!!!' surely.

But speaking of, where did we land on technology being played? I'm giving you 2TG and a dance and you are playing it when?

robinlambert on
    a sexy dance

You wanted it played first round?

• LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular

Signal Jamming
    Choose a non-Home system. Take a Command Counter from any other player's reinforcements and place it on the chosen system.
    Play: During the Strategy Phase.

on Saar in Capha

edited August 2013
    Alright, I think that's enough time. {EDIT: I just realized that Void Slayer's card shouldn't be resolved at this time, so I've edited the action out. My apologies for the misstep. If anyone has other actions to be done during the Strategy Phase, let me know.}

Anybody want to sabotage Lykouragh's card?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    No sabotage.

First or second turn would be grand.

Yes - sexy dance.

No sabotage

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    No sabotage.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
    No sabotage, just pointing and laughter.

Round 5: Start of Action Phase

The Yssaril Tribes: Select (7) Technology II Strategy Card.
    The Emirates of Hacan: Select (8) Bureaucracy Strategy Card, converting a bonus counter into a Command Counter placed in Fleet Supply. (FS 6 --> 7)
    The top Public Objective is unlocked:
    [1 VP] I successfully invaded one planet containing at least 1 opposing Ground Force or Mechanized Unit this turn.
    The Arborec: Select (4) Production Strategy Card.
    The Clan of Saar: Select (5) Trade II Strategy Card.
    The Winnu: Select (6) Warfare II Strategy Card, converting a bonus counter into a Command Counter in Command Pool. (CP 2 --> 3)
    The Mentak Coalition: Select (3) Assembly Strategy Card.
    Use racial ability to take 1 Trade Good from each of Yssaril and Arborec. (Mentak TG 3 --> 5; Yssaril TG 3 --> 2; Arborec TG 4 --> 3)
    Arborec plays Action Card "Signal Jamming", placing a Command Counter from Saar's reserves into the Capha system. (AC 4 --> 3)

Order of Play
    The Mentak Coalition: (3) Assembly
    The Arborec: (4) Production
    The Clan of Saar: (5) Trade II
    The Winnu: (6) Warfare II
    The Yssaril Tribes: (7) Technology II
    The Emirates of Hacan: (8) Bureaucracy

After the end of the Strategy Phase, Saar plays Action Card "First Strike".

First Strike
    You may take your first action of the Action Phase before the player with the lowest initiative number. Then resume order of play as normal.
    Play: Immediately after the Strategy Phase.

Once again, I must ask for Sabotage checks.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    No Sabo.

No 'tage

No Sabotage

Nope

I think Yssaril forgot their racial ability, btw.
    •Once during every Strategy Phase, you may look at one other player's hand of Action Cards.

edited August 2013
    Anyone have any interesting Political Cards?

Fidoh on
    I have nothing particularly interesting - Science Community Speaker or Humane Labor

Alright, Void Slayer's card passes and Saar will take the first action of the round out of order.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited August 2013
    Oh...I had gotten so used to prompting.

Would have liked to use my racial card peeking ability if I may.

I made a deal that if Saar accepted my trade contract then I wouldn't steal from him for 2 rounds, so having him play a card wouldn't have altered my decision of who to target.

Can't steal from Saar. Wouldn't want to interrupt possible Winnu action against Mentak. Poor Arborec doesn't need any more dumping on. Mentak doesn't have any.

It would have to be Hacan then. Nothing personal. The invisible hand of wealth redistribution acts on its own.

MrBody on
    edited August 2013
    Hey now - I say you missed it and if not, then I wanna play a card. I mean, how far back can we go.

Also, you really want to provoke the only peaceful neighbor you have?

robinlambert on
    edited August 2013
    You meant to play one in the strategy phase but just missed the update announcing the start of the action phase and nothing has happened that would affect that decision, or you want to retroactively play one only after finding out you're the target?

Blarney's call either way, but my case was definitely the former. Why would anyone ever not use this or mentak's racial ability? It's pretty much an automatic given. I was just used to waiting for the host to prompt Mentak and I to use our racial abilities like the previous rounds.

MrBody on
    My case is if you are allowed to go back and steal something from me, I will play a card in retribution. If you don't or aren't allowed, there will be no retribution - that sounds right to me. But I also don't think the host is responsible for reminding anyone of anything outside of the regular flow of play.

But yes, Blarney's call.

And yours. You seem like you are on really firm ground to provoke.

I would rather not have to go back and allow the use of the Yssaril racial ability at this point. In any case, I believe I've used as much signaling for it this round as in previous rounds; I've not needed to use any @ callouts for the ability's invocation previously.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited August 2013
    MrBody wrote: »
    You meant to play one in the strategy phase but just missed the update announcing the start of the action phase and nothing has happened that would affect that decision, or you want to retroactively play one only after finding out you're the target?

Blarney's call either way, but my case was definitely the former. Why would anyone ever not use this or mentak's racial ability? It's pretty much an automatic given. I was just used to waiting for the host to prompt Mentak and I to use our racial abilities like the previous rounds.

I agree that a rollback is not too much of a hassle in this case. I also agree that Hacan would've been an obvious choice. I don't mind rolling back a bit.

But you did make a post after the beginning of the Action phase without pointing all this out. At any rate, I can tell you which card Hacan bought from me.

Fidoh on
    Personally, I can see cutting a new player slack or even letting it slide in round one or two, but we are in Round 5. I knew you had this ability and I specifically was NOT mentioning it for this exact reason. Again, I will go with whatever Blarney says but if we go back, I would like to play my action card and then we have to do sabo and so on.

And I bought Flanking Action from Mentak. It is destined to be recycled I feel.

edited August 2013
    I'll wait to take my action until MrBlarney confirms what we do.

Fidoh on