As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV: ARR] Old Thread. Use the New Thread!

• chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think that you can eventually (at 50) unlock 10 cross-class ability slots. When you choose a Job, you trade in 5 of those for the 5 Job skills, as well as restricting yourself more heavily on which cross-class abilities you can use.

I signed up for a notification e-mail about the early access registering from Square, and that has not arrived yet. GMG sent an e-mail, but the site doesn't seem to work yet, despite it being open (whereas before it was not available).

steam_sig.png
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Pretty much, the idea is that when you are on your Marauder for example you can have other abilities like Cure and protect that are very useful for soloing or just random stuff, but when you switch to Warrior you lose access to those types of abilities from other classes but get more Warrior specific ones as well, which specializes you into that role. It makes you better at that one role but now you aren't as versatile so it's more useful in party situations where other players can fill out the other roles.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I don't think cure has that big of an impact for soloing past level 20. Your HP pool gets bigger every level increase but the amount of the cure stays the same because you aren't putting points in MND. Protect still does help though as it is fire once and forget it for 30 minutes. Suppose you could make a macro to swap to mnd accessories, cure, and then swap back to dps accessories.

Stoneskin is boss too

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • flapjackflapjack Registered User regular
    So once the storylines join up, is the next major decision to be made Grand Companies? Do they influence the storyline quests at all, and is it a situation of "just pick which one you like the best"?

Robes wrote: »
    I don't think cure has that big of an impact for soloing past level 20. Your HP pool gets bigger every level increase but the amount of the cure stays the same because you aren't putting points until MND so it becomes less helpful. Protect still does help though as it is fire once and forget it for 30 minutes. Suppose you could make a macro to swap to mnd accessories, cure, and then swap back to dps accessories.

Oh I'm just using Cure as an example, you could use Second wind as well (Which scales with Attack) to replace Cure if you want. The basic idea is that there are other abilities that are useful for soloing that you lose access to in favor of more specialized abilities for your role.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I honestly really wish that they would've done the jobs like FFXI instead of the system they chose. It was a lot more fun unlocking a cool new job in FFXI and going back and levelling it up on its own. Now, it's like all the base jobs are there, and the jobs are more or less meaningless. All they are is a thing you equip that gets you access to like 5 abilities you wouldn't otherwise have.

It's like, the conjurer is basically just a white mage, but you don't get to be called a white mage and get your 5 extra abilities until you do the quest. It's just a weird implementation. Plus it brings up potential stat issues for the arcanist, because if you max MND to be a scholar later that's cool, but if you want to be a SMN then your stats are suboptimal.

Plus, if they add new jobs like Samurai they will have to add new level 1 class precursors that use a katana or whatever. If they ever add another job that branches off say Marauder, then if you're already a level 50 MRD then you will already have the new job at level 50, which isn't really fun IMO.

All in all, I think when they decided to remake the game they'd have been better off replacing all the base jobs with the advanced ones so you just start out as white mage, black mage, warrior, etc. and made some of the special ones advanced jobs that work just like ffxi advanced jobs, but hey, it's not my game.

The specializations analogy doesn't really work since ONLY the arcanist has 2 choices. Everybody else is just a Warrior by any other name until they unlock Warrior and become what they already were, but with a different name and a couple other abilities.

It's not something that's going to keep me from playing it, but it's a super bizarre implementation.

The stat issue is not a thing, there will be a method to reset your stats with a 24 hour limit.

The specialization thing does still work because as a Warrior you are locked into Warrior type abilities (even from your sub class) so you no longer have the versatility that the Marauder class offers with access to things like Cure.

The idea is not to switch to the Job and then never use the Class again, it's to switch back and forth depending on the situation. (Mostly between Soloing and Grouping)

Even if resetting attributes is free once per 24 hours(I don't know if that's the case), somebody who wants to play scholar and summoner during the same day multiple times is still facing an efficiency roadblock that nobody else is, all because they're the one junior job that leads to 2 real jobs. Nobody else has this.

The Warrior job can equip all Marauder abilities. The only thing it loses access to are some of the cross class abilities Marauder has access to. However, it also gains Defiance which gives +25% health, increased enmity, and the ability to gain wrath stacks for more crit and the ability to use your amazing warrior wrath abilities.

There is no way anybody is ever going to choose to be a MRD over a Warrior for anything that matters. Sure, the option is there to take off Warrior so you can equip Protect and Cure and use your weeny 40 point heal when you have 500+ health as a MRD, but there's really no point. Everybody else is just going to turn off defiance when they're not tanking so they don't have the reduced damage penalty and move on.

In FFXI, Paladin was a full fledged job, and Warrior was a full fledged job. I just happen to like that system better than the one we got, which is just Gladiator being a junior Paladin who just doesn't get access to all his abilities until he becomes an actual Paladin.

It just feels like they made this game without intending to have advanced jobs, then went "Oh shit, people want to be a white mage not a conjurer. But we already gave Cure and all that to Conjurer. How do we let them be a white mage without making an entire new class or scrapping these classes like conjurer?"

I believe if during ARR development, they totally scrapped the system they have now and just had it be just like FFXI where you could start as certain classes like Warrior, Monk, White Mage, Black Mage, Thief, and then had the advanced jobs still be stuff like Bard, Scholar, Summoner, Paladin, etc. but they were entirely new jobs with 50 levels of abilities, a majority of players would've liked that a lot better.

Like I said, it won't make me not play the game, but every person among my friends agrees the system is weird, and in our opinions, inferior to the one they already came up with in FFXI.

Joshmvii on
    I honestly really wish that they would've done the jobs like FFXI instead of the system they chose. It was a lot more fun unlocking a cool new job in FFXI and going back and levelling it up on its own. Now, it's like all the base jobs are there, and the jobs are more or less meaningless. All they are is a thing you equip that gets you access to like 5 abilities you wouldn't otherwise have.

It's like, the conjurer is basically just a white mage, but you don't get to be called a white mage and get your 5 extra abilities until you do the quest. It's just a weird implementation. Plus it brings up potential stat issues for the arcanist, because if you max MND to be a scholar later that's cool, but if you want to be a SMN then your stats are suboptimal.

Plus, if they add new jobs like Samurai they will have to add new level 1 class precursors that use a katana or whatever. If they ever add another job that branches off say Marauder, then if you're already a level 50 MRD then you will already have the new job at level 50, which isn't really fun IMO.

All in all, I think when they decided to remake the game they'd have been better off replacing all the base jobs with the advanced ones so you just start out as white mage, black mage, warrior, etc. and made some of the special ones advanced jobs that work just like ffxi advanced jobs, but hey, it's not my game.

The specializations analogy doesn't really work since ONLY the arcanist has 2 choices. Everybody else is just a Warrior by any other name until they unlock Warrior and become what they already were, but with a different name and a couple other abilities.

It's not something that's going to keep me from playing it, but it's a super bizarre implementation.

The stat issue is not a thing, there will be a method to reset your stats with a 24 hour limit.

The specialization thing does still work because as a Warrior you are locked into Warrior type abilities (even from your sub class) so you no longer have the versatility that the Marauder class offers with access to things like Cure.

The idea is not to switch to the Job and then never use the Class again, it's to switch back and forth depending on the situation. (Mostly between Soloing and Grouping)

Even if resetting attributes is free once per 24 hours(I don't know if that's the case), somebody who wants to play scholar and summoner during the same day multiple times is still facing an efficiency roadblock that nobody else is, all because they're the one junior job that leads to 2 real jobs. Nobody else has this.

The Warrior job can equip all Marauder abilities. The only thing it loses access to are some of the cross class abilities Marauder has. However, it also gains Defiance which gives +25% health, increased enmity, and the ability to gain wrath stacks for more crit and the ability to use your amazing warrior wrath abilities.

There is no way anybody is ever going to choose to be a MRD over a Warrior for anything that matters. Sure, the option is there to take off Warrior so you can equip Protect and Cure and use your weeny 40 point heal when you have 500+ health as a MRD, but there's really no point. Everybody else is just going to turn off defiance when they're not tanking so they don't have the reduced damage penalty and move on.

In FFXI, Paladin was a full fledged job, and Warrior was a full fledged job. I just happen to like that system better than the one we got, which is just Gladiator being a junior Paladin who just doesn't get access to all his abilities until he becomes an actual Paladin.

Like I said, it won't make me not play the game, but every person among my friends agrees the system is weird, and in our opinions, inferior to the one they already came up with in FFXI.

Meh seems to me you are underestimating the usefulness of being more versatile but whatever.

delphinidaes.png
  • F87F87 So Say We All Registered User regular
    Do you guys know if they decided on a wipe or not? I want to continue playing my lancer!

I love the INN's btw, they make me pretty nostalgic.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Also, DPS queues for dungeons were terrible as expected. With only 2 DPS spots per group, I found myself waiting 30+ minutes and half the time it saying "You have timed out" and having to start over.

Make besties with a tank or healer I suppose.

F87 wrote: »
    Do you guys know if they decided on a wipe or not? I want to continue playing my lancer!

I love the INN's btw, they make me pretty nostalgic.

There has been no news regarding a possible wipe to my knowledge. The server issues were a problem but didn't really impact game balance or the characters themselves so I can't imagine they would have to wipe for that.

delphinidaes.png

The Warrior job can equip all Marauder abilities. The only thing it loses access to are some of the cross class abilities Marauder has. However, it also gains Defiance which gives +25% health, increased enmity, and the ability to gain wrath stacks for more crit and the ability to use your amazing warrior wrath abilities.

Meh seems to me you are underestimating the usefulness of being more versatile but whatever.

Well the job specific abilities they gave every job are designed to be extremely powerful, so I have to believe the intent is that you will always use them for any content that matters, like a dungeon or a raid. For soloing, you can equip whatever you want because that stuff is super easy and requires no strategy.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    I'm assuming gear is going to be how you "level up" your jobs. Getting job specific gear is going to be how you really focus in one role. At least, maybe?

616610-1.png
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    So I pre-ordered this guy for the PC on Saturday, and while I downloaded a FFXIV launcher I did not receive an e-mail with a game registration code. Now when I try to log in the game gives me a collective shrug. Should I have received a pre-order code by now ? Is SE overloaded with orders and bogged down, do you suppose ?

edited August 2013

Well the job specific abilities they gave every job are designed to be extremely powerful, so I have to believe the intent is that you will always use them for any content that matters, like a dungeon or a raid. For soloing, you can equip whatever you want because that stuff is super easy and requires no strategy.

Well you are basing that off the tutorial content. We don't actually know how difficult it will or will not be at the higher levels. You are making a fair amount of assumptions without really knowing what the higher level content will be like.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    For anybody who didn't play FFXI, in that game, every job, including advanced jobs, were full fledged jobs of their own, getting abilities from level 1 to max and having to be levelled separately.

When you equipped your sub job, basically the only limitation on what abilities you had access to from the sub job was that you only had stuff up to the level that was half of your main. So if you're a level 50 Warrior, and you want to have monk as your sub job, you got access to everything monk had up to level 25.

It was simple, but every job was its own thing, none of this jobs are specializations, but not really because each class except arcanist only has one specialization stuff. FFXIV's system is both more complicated while also dumbing down the advanced jobs because they only get ~5 new abilities.

The cross class skills are cool in XIV because you don't have to choose only one sub job you can mix and match stuff from all the different classes if you want, but it doesn't make up for the fact that the "Jobs" are just an enhancement to the classes instead of actually being their own jobs.

Well you are basing that off the tutorial content. We don't actually know how difficult it will or will not be at the higher levels. You are making a fair amount of assumptions without really knowing what the higher level content will be like.

Well I can say with certainty that equipping cure on a Marauder is never going to be useful, because at level 18 I have 400+ health and my cure heals for 40 points. The cross class stuff is pretty inconsequential outside of equipping stuff that gives you more evasion and what not from other classes, and my beef is not with cross class, it's with the jobs just being enhancements to the class you choose instead of separate jobs that stand on their own like FFXI's advanced jobs were. That's what I want. It's fine that I'm not getting it, I'm just discussing why I prefer that system and why I feel the current one makes less sense.

Well I can say with certainty that equipping cure on a Marauder is never going to be useful, because at level 18 I have 400+ health and my cure heals for 40 points. The cross class stuff is pretty inconsequential outside of equipping stuff that gives you more evasion and what not from other classes, and my beef is not with cross class, it's with the jobs just being enhancements to the class you choose instead of separate jobs that stand on their own like FFXI's advanced jobs were. That's what I want. It's fine that I'm not getting it, I'm just discussing why I prefer that system and why I feel the current one makes less sense.

Which is fine but you are still basing that off incomplete information. You really can't speak to how it will be at lvl 30 or higher because you don't actually know how the content is at that point.

delphinidaes.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    I'm assuming gear is going to be how you "level up" your jobs. Getting job specific gear is going to be how you really focus in one role. At least, maybe?

Probably.

Well, that and I'm sure there'll be eventual level cap increases, YoshiP has said as much.

However, it's normal for lateral advancement to be the way MMO's extend content at the level cap.

While they've said they aren't going to go the route of FFXI and make it so players are constantly swapping around gear based on single abilities and collecting sets to enhance specific abilities; they are still looking to hone the focus of every role for cap content and have it be less overlap than you have in a game like WoW. WoW's supposed "bring the player not the class" principal is the opposite direction they're going with FFXIV. I can understand why that might not be someones bag; but at the same time, the ability to be those roles at the push of a button on a single character makes it a lot more reasonable than 1 class/character games.

And personally? Good. I am trying to finish leveling my last to classes in WoW to 90 this week before 5.4 and before XIV launches and it's rough. Not only because I've been playing the game for a decade, but because there is so much homogenization between classes that leveling my druid right now doesn't feel a lot different than leveling the other 9 90's I have. What I'm saying is, give me rigid job focus in XIV. I want it.

Plus, and this is important to remember, for non-role-required content, I.E soloing, some just generic party stuff, etc, sticking with your class instead of equipping a job is still going to be viable. One of the producer letters awhile back addressed this specifically. Basically if you want to do raid content, you have to accept that it will be balanced around specific abilties brought by specific roles, it needs to be to provide a good challenge and not have to account for anyone doing anything. But outside of that, they want players to still be able to just play as their class with all the abilities from other classes they want, to make something more diverse for their own personal use for soloing stuff and doing other non progression content.

So the options are still there, and they are still plenty.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular

Aren't stat points also separate on each class/job?

I took four classes to 20 over the P4 weekend and they all recieved stat points that seemed independant of each other. So like my GLA was 20 and at 90something VIT, I then leveled up my MAR some and put points in STR and VIT, but then when I swapped back to GLA I believe the VIT points were still the same.

I didn't write down these numbers so maybe I'm wrong. I do know for sure that each job gets stat points as they level and it worked just fine to put them in the right stats for that class.

Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    I logged my several hundred hours into FFXI, and I have to say that I prefer this new system. Why? Because now I can actually effectively experience solo content. And, not only can I solo, but it will mean something, because the experience I gain there is the same experience I use on my dungeon job.

MRD is not as powerful as WAR for tanking, sure, but it is a lot more customizable for solo content. And that's probably not even the best example, because I have a feeling that WAR might actually be able to solo content OK. But what about BRD? I don't think anyone expects BRD to be able to solo a bunny, but they can still level up BRD via ARC, which can solo. Same with SCH.

Also, I think you're greatly upplaying the sub-job capabilities of FFXI. The honest fact was that most jobs had a required sub-job; the lucky ones could maybe pick from two. And most of the time, you were really getting only a couple things that actually mattered. At least in FFXIV, you get to pick the couple things you get, and you get to pick from multiple places. That's nice.

XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
    Badwrong wrote: »

I took four classes to 20 over the P4 weekend and they all recieved stat points that seemed independant of each other. So like my GLA was 20 and at 90something VIT, I then leveled up my MAR some and put points in STR and VIT, but then when I swapped back to GLA I believe the VIT points were still the same.

I didn't write down these numbers so maybe I'm wrong. I do know for sure that each job gets stat points as they level and it worked just fine to put them in the right stats for that class.

The stats are unique to each Class but not to each Job. So if you spec for INT on your Arcanist that will be great for Summoner, but not so great for Scholar. There will be a stat reset though and they mentioned possibly having it on a 24 hour timer.

delphinidaes.png
    So has anybody been able to enter a NA pre-order code yet? My receipt from GMG says it is for NA, but the instructions for redeeming the pre-order stuff contain a mix of NA and EU urls.

Also I hope that when you choose a job, you get to allocate the bonus points as desired, separately from the base class.

steam_sig.png
    chrisnl wrote: »
    So has anybody been able to enter a NA pre-order code yet? My receipt from GMG says it is for NA, but the instructions for redeeming the pre-order stuff contain a mix of NA and EU urls.

Also I hope that when you choose a job, you get to allocate the bonus points as desired, separately from the base class.

They have already confirmed that this is not the case. I don't know if that will change but as of right now it's tied to Base Class not Job.

delphinidaes.png
    Disrupter wrote: »

Probably.

Well, that and I'm sure there'll be eventual level cap increases, YoshiP has said as much.

However, it's normal for lateral advancement to be the way MMO's extend content at the level cap.

While they've said they aren't going to go the route of FFXI and make it so players are constantly swapping around gear based on single abilities and collecting sets to enhance specific abilities; they are still looking to hone the focus of every role for cap content and have it be less overlap than you have in a game like WoW. WoW's supposed "bring the player not the class" principal is the opposite direction they're going with FFXIV. I can understand why that might not be someones bag; but at the same time, the ability to be those roles at the push of a button on a single character makes it a lot more reasonable than 1 class/character games.

And personally? Good. I am trying to finish leveling my last to classes in WoW to 90 this week before 5.4 and before XIV launches and it's rough. Not only because I've been playing the game for a decade, but because there is so much homogenization between classes that leveling my druid right now doesn't feel a lot different than leveling the other 9 90's I have. What I'm saying is, give me rigid job focus in XIV. I want it.

Plus, and this is important to remember, for non-role-required content, I.E soloing, some just generic party stuff, etc, sticking with your class instead of equipping a job is still going to be viable. One of the producer letters awhile back addressed this specifically. Basically if you want to do raid content, you have to accept that it will be balanced around specific abilties brought by specific roles, it needs to be to provide a good challenge and not have to account for anyone doing anything. But outside of that, they want players to still be able to just play as their class with all the abilities from other classes they want, to make something more diverse for their own personal use for soloing stuff and doing other non progression content.

So the options are still there, and they are still plenty.

Also, if content is balanced around a hybrid, non-role specific system... you end up with GW2 PVE. Which was fun and all, but lacked any thought out mechanics since the content was made for any combination of any classes with any abilities. Basically GW2 showed me why the trinity makes PVE fun and challenging.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The stats are unique to each Class but not to each Job. So if you spec for INT on your Arcanist that will be great for Summoner, but not so great for Scholar. There will be a stat reset though and they mentioned possibly having it on a 24 hour timer.

Ah... so for now, any class with only one job option isn't going to notice a difference, but Arcanist will for now?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular

Ohhh, okay, this actually makes me feel much better.

I thought it was unique to each character. Like, you can only spend the points once, and then maybe possibly respec later on down the road if you want the jump through the hoops they haven't specified yet. I was actually really worried I'd spend my points in strength and vitality on my Marauder, then be screwed on that character if I ever wanted to try out a caster

edited August 2013

Ah... so for now, any class with only one job option isn't going to notice a difference, but Arcanist will for now?

Correct, this pretty much only affects Arcanist as it stands right now, and only if you wanted to switch back and forth between Scholar and Summoner more than once in a 24 hour period based on the information we have currently.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png

Correct, this pretty much only affects Arcanist as it stands right now, and only if you wanted to switch back and forth between Scholar and Summoner more than once in a 24 hour period based on the information we have currently.

Yeah I remember they said they did it this way because they didn't want Arcanists switching between healer and dps roles depending on boss fights in endgame.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    They need to find a way to tie stat ups to Jobs so you don't have to do this switching stuff. Or some other, less fiddly way.

Sounds fiddly. Maybe only being able to switch every 24 hours is the best thing ever.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular

Yeah I remember they said they did it this way because they didn't want Arcanists switching between healer and dps roles depending on boss fights in endgame.

That sounds silly. People can already just switch between different class jobs.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So I just got a confirmation email saying the copies of the game I ordered have been shipped. Guess that answers my question about how to actually get early access.

Anyone have any luck with the inputting of codes yet? I wasn't able to get anything other than the error message.

Valleo on
    Jephery wrote: »

But not inside a dungeon, right? You're stuck with what you chose before you started, I assume.

edited August 2013

Not in a dungeon or instance you can't. You are locked into your choice once you enter.

Which makes me think you can switch Jobs but not Classes maybe? It only affects Arcanist so we don't know yet I guess.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    I'm not sure people can switch class inside a dungeon and/or raid. One of the info windows said something about restricting changes during instances. Wish I had read that one a little more closely, honestly.

steam_sig.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Right but those were leveled and built up separately... SMN and SCH are a two for one leveling deal.

Renzo wrote: »

But not inside a dungeon, right? You're stuck with what you chose before you started, I assume.

Im probably wrong with the specifics. Don't remember where I read that either ><

I wasn't even able to equip a new piece of equipment once I started a Guildhest.

Maybe I was just pressing the wrong button.

• NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    In beta 3, I certainly could not put BLM on if I started the run as a THM.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    jdmichal wrote: »
    SRSBSNS question:

Does anyone think an item request / requisitioning type system for the FC would be useful? I can repurpose the Heads, Butts, and Shafts system from 1.0 to that end. Otherwise I'll finally just take it down, since there's not really any reason to keep it alive anymore.

I don't know what this is, but I'm interested

Tell me more

fuck gendered marketing
    edited August 2013
    Renzo wrote: »
    I wasn't even able to equip a new piece of equipment once I started a Guildhest.

Maybe I was just pressing the wrong button.

Can't be in combat, I've swapped gear around in dungeons before.

Also update on the Pre-Order code situation

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1kqpcc/preorder_site_not_currently_working_as_intended/
    Apologies if this is buried somewhere in another thread but-

Right I've spoken to SE support again directly, this is the info fed to me:

Currently even though the page is live to the public, it's not actually working as intended.
    • Don't use the http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com (or na / jp) link(s) as it won't work.
    • Everyone will be notified, that entered their email address into the official site previously as to when the page is actually 'actively functioning' to redeem your codes.
    • The XXXXX-XXX-XXXXXX-XXX , 18 digit code you receive from your retailer you purchased the pre-order from IS the code you use @ http://preorder.eu.finalfantasyxiv.com but only to be used when the community (as a whole) is notified via email that the page is up and functioning officially for use. Support advised me to advise anyone, not to use the page until said notification email is received (he approximated within the next 24/48 hours)
    • I asked them "Is my code now void..." because the game is now registered against my SE account but on PC instead of PS3, they reassured me that the code will not be void and to try it again when the page is active. If it doesn't work, then to phone them directly and they will address it.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
This discussion has been closed.