As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFXIV:ARR] Servers Up!, and surprisingly stable! 7 free days starting 9/4/13

• charrbroiledcharrbroiled 'dis guy Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    So -- I asked earlier, but here it is condensed again hopefully someone can answer: Is today better than yesterday in terms of logging in?

I've logged in 3 times in the last uhh, 5 hours? Just to check things. All 3 times I've logged in on the first attempt, only once was I even placed in a queue (I was 5th). I'm on Ultros, so I have no idea what other servers are like, but for me I can get on and play without any issue right now. I doubt it'll be as smooth later today, though, but I can be hopeful.

Thanks for the update. We'll see about later tonight then :-)

4d93c4f1d9d6247c.png
    Guild Wars 2: Tyreh, asura Warrior
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    Some worlds full, no queue, just error 1017 again.

• NyhtNyht Registered User regular
    Which servers can we even GO to when ALL of ours are full at times? Siren and Faerie go up and down on if they accept new people.

Where the heck are they going to put all the Tuesday people?

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    Seems like they just underbudgeted for server space on the NA/EU side drastically. If so, this won't really be resolved until later in the week optimistically.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    So it sounds like the servers are getting full up again?

Sigh. I'll be home from work at 6ish, and it's not sounding like I'll be able to get in after dinner tonight either, after a weekend of maybe 2 hours of play.

What a complete waste this early access was.

• ValorynValoryn Ashburn, VirginiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Javen wrote: »
    Well, shit.

Weather got bad, had a quick brownout, enough for my computer to reboot itself. Now I can't get in, error 3102. Am I locked out until they bring down the servers?

If it doesn't go away soon, head over to support forums and post you got the error in the 3102 thread. I had it for several hours yesterday and after posting char name/server it was resolved shortly afterward (or I got lucky!).

Online now looking for invite if anyone on. valoryn darkblade.

Valoryn on
  • NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    I'm really worried about them for tomorrow.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    When I tried to log in to Excalibur at ~2:00 pm EST today I kept getting server is full, no queue though. So I spammed 0 on my num pad while doing something on my work computer until it gave me a queue 10 clicks later. The queue was only 20 people long. Then I log in on my wife's to the same server, while I'm in queue, and first try she logs in without a queue.

I don't know what the fuck they're doing honestly. And I surely don't understand why they don't just put everybody in a queue instead of giving you 1017 and making you smash 0 until you hit the queue.

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    I am a bit confused about the inaccuracies regarding streaming the game in it's early access:
    Use of Copyrighted Material
    Beginning with the start of the official launch, you may stream, upload or share the videos you record of FFXIV: ARR. However, please note that these things remain prohibited during the early access period. Please see the following for more details on the use of copyrighted materials

But right above that:
    Early Access Period
    August 24, 2013 (Saturday), 2:00 a.m. to August 29, 2013 (Thursday), 11:59 p.m. (PDT)

So this post is obviously out of date. And the TOS you have to physically agree to before accessing the game does not mention it as being prohibited.
    No twitter posts about it being prohibited either, which by now you think there would be.

"Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    KpkRrAF.jpg
    Who's this Handsome little gent?

QsYnUPd.jpg
    m0kRLR6.jpg

Lookin' good

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    I got my Moogle Cap and Cait Sith!

SMZ6F4f.jpg

But there are still so many other things in this game that I want.

N6RVrmF.jpg

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh man, I can't wait to go riding around on my behemoth barding chocobo monstrosity.

• MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Valleo wrote: »
    So it sounds like the servers are getting full up again?

Sigh. I'll be home from work at 6ish, and it's not sounding like I'll be able to get in after dinner tonight either, after a weekend of maybe 2 hours of play.

What a complete waste this early access was.

Intall logmein or any of the other connect to your PC things and log-in before you leave work, or even before then so you're not stuck in queue.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Beezel wrote: »
    m0kRLR6.jpg
    Who's this Handsome little gent?

Lookin' good

Dat carbuncle ass.

Renzo on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    :whistle: Pull over dat ass too bright- whoop whoop! :whistle:

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • RendRend Registered User regular
  • Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular
    I feel like, in the future, FF14:ARR will best be remembered as the game that single-handedly relaunched mascot games.

Thanks, Carbuncle. You adorable little scamp.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    How are people getting all those carbuncles? Is that a pet or some summoner thing?

• Jeff210Jeff210 Registered User regular
    Is there a way to craft a bunch of items at once? Or do I need to click on synthesyze for each of the 1 million bronze ingots I need to make.

Thanks in advance guys

• MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    Jeff210 wrote: »
    Is there a way to craft a bunch of items at once? Or do I need to click on synthesyze for each of the 1 million bronze ingots I need to make.

Thanks in advance guys

Quick synthesis obtained at level 15 in a crafting profession. Its horrible though, horrible horrible horrible.

League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    How are people getting all those carbuncles? Is that a pet or some summoner thing?

Arcanist pet.

Krathoon wrote: »

Arcanist pet.

Not to be confused with a minion, which is a cosmetic little creature or other thing like a wind-up airship that follows you around and does nothing.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Just got my game code from GMG. Prepare for the Launchpocolypse tomorrow. Kind of glad PAX is this week. I will care much less if the servers are still shitting themselves than I would on a normal week, since I'll be in Seattle from Thursday until Monday night.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So I got the code to get early access and all. I've also bought a CE edition. Am I supposed to get a second code to redeem the CE stuff later?

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    So I got the code to get early access and all. I've also bought a CE edition. Am I supposed to get a second code to redeem the CE stuff later?

I think your final game code will indicate you are CE and you'll get the items. At least that's how it normally works. Did you get your actual game code yet? I just got mine from GMG.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    I feel like, in the future, FF14:ARR will best be remembered as the game that single-handedly relaunched mascot games.

I know different strokes, different folks and all, but the one thing I keep reading during chat and the same sentiment I've always had is that, as a setting, the FF world has far more appealing aesthetics than most MMOs out there.

Sure, in WoW you get a bunch of mounts made of tigers, ghosts, rockets, and other weird things. But none of that was ever a "must-have" for me.

Meanwhile ARR is filled with all sorts of classic FF creatures and gear you can obtain. Look how giddy everyone gets at the mere mention of a Magitek mount. Seriously, earlier in chat it was something like:

"Oh man, I just met someone who said he was standing in the same space where somebody had a Magitek mount! I want one so bad!!"

Maybe it wouldn't be as impactful if you weren't an existing FF fan, but I still personally feel that as settings go, the series is tailor-made for beautiful aesthetics befitting an MMORPG.

I want all of the things.

• jdmichaljdmichal Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Guys the job for Musketeer is going to be Red Mage this is just a fact. Think about it.

Musketeers wear a fancy hat.

Red Mages also wear a fancy hat. Check and mate, nerds.

Conjurer DPS is gonna be Geomancer because they already have a vaguely druidy thing going on with their storyline.

I want to be a Geomancer so much... I don't even care how.

Or Red Mage. I really don't even care. Give me one. Or both. You can have my moneys in exchange.

jdmichal on
    XBox Live: KillerCodeMonky | Steam: KillerCodeMonky
    SC2: KillerCodeMk | LoL: KillerCodeMonky | FFXIV: Shea Demvas (Sargantas)
    Ghost in the Linkshell Item Requisitioning
    Let me know you are from PA, otherwise I will likely ignore you.
    Miniwolf wrote: »
    Jeff210 wrote: »

Thanks in advance guys

Quick synthesis obtained at level 15 in a crafting profession. Its horrible though, horrible horrible horrible.

It's not horrible? If you want to craft 10 bronze ingots it's faster than doing it the normal way. Maybe not like, 5 minutes faster, but still faster. You take an exp hit as well for doing it too though.

• MenasorMenasor Registered User regular
    Except that 10% of your crafts will fail instead of 0%.

Destiny PS4: Earthen1
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Menasor wrote: »
    Except that 10% of your crafts will fail instead of 0%.

Such is the price you pay for convenience :(

It's those moogle run factories man, automated fabrication just isn't as good as doing it yourself.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    is it a guaranteed 10%? i've actually gotten HQ's from it as well. Which does solidify the point it's too random.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Hell, I wouldn't really say it is all that faster either.

It's really more of a convenient thing to have the game do while you are busy doing something else.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

I know different strokes, different folks and all, but the one thing I keep reading during chat and the same sentiment I've always had is that, as a setting, the FF world has far more appealing aesthetics than most MMOs out there.

Sure, in WoW you get a bunch of mounts made of tigers, ghosts, rockets, and other weird things. But none of that was ever a "must-have" for me.

Meanwhile ARR is filled with all sorts of classic FF creatures and gear you can obtain. Look how giddy everyone gets at the mere mention of a Magitek mount. Seriously, earlier in chat it was something like:

"Oh man, I just met someone who said he was standing in the same space where somebody had a Magitek mount! I want one so bad!!"

Maybe it wouldn't be as impactful if you weren't an existing FF fan, but I still personally feel that as settings go, the series is tailor-made for beautiful aesthetics befitting an MMORPG.

I actually have one of those figurine sets with Terra in her magitek armor. I need to bust that out.

• Wooden SpoonWooden Spoon Great for SaucesRegistered User regular

I'm with you 100%. In every other MMO I've played, I could have cared less about minions or mounts or outfits. Here, through? I'm all in. I will happily sell my soul for some magitek armor.

FFXIV:Iadrich Loffel
    Wooden Spoon on Steam
    3DS: 1005-8709-0277
    From FFXIV Twitter:

Server transfers begin in September.

You are now free to stream the game/post on Youtube/etc.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    The quick synthesis is unequivocally fucking terrible. You get it at level 10, but instead of using common sense and repairing quality like you would making them on the off chance you had a bad stretch, you'll fail on things you should never fail on.

Oh, and I must mention that it still takes about a full 5 seconds per item with the quick synthesis, which is about the same amount of time it takes to just manually click through really fast, so you really gain no time doing it. It's pretty much the worst.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    that's lame that scholar doesn't get a hot but leveling conj is fucking abhorrent and something I have no plans of ever doing

Renzo wrote: »
    From FFXIV Twitter:

Server transfers begin in September.

You are now free to stream the game/post on Youtube/etc.

Sweet. I'll be streaming tonight :D

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Jephery wrote: »
    Got Arcanist to 31 and played with Summoner/Scholar.

You can't command pets while casting, which sucks. Some fight mechanics are immune to debuffs so you're left to your pet and Ruin to kill it. Which is a problem since these might be things you have to kill quickly or wipe.

DoTs aren't debuffs, so this should not affect the Summoner play style. If we are talking about boss mobs being legitimately immune to DoTs then yeah we have a problem.

Summoner in general is not meant to be a burn phase DPSer though. It is primarily DoT based with the pet, Fester, and Ruin being its only source of rapid fire deeps.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited August 2013
    So I got the option to create my first Retainer. Naturally, my male brain considered the shameful stereotype of making a sexy catgirl maid.

But then I thought "No, wait...what about a prim and proper butler-type who exudes a quiet balance of wise and bad-ass along the lines of Alfred?"

And that's what I did.

8gNkTkF.jpg

The catgirl may come later.

Professor Snugglesworth on
This discussion has been closed.