As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

CF Phalla Signup List

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well we do need more people that will shout stuff

What? I wasn't enough? I'm crushed.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the funtimes at PAX, especially to Infidel, Rend, and Blarney for hosting and putting up with the non-PA newbs we brought along. So far, best PAX ever even though it was 95% at the Westin/Sheraton and 5% at the convention centre.

Also, Rend deals are the best deals.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Clan elder! But whose?!?!

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    It is a mystery to (almost) everyone!
    Matev wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Well we do need more people that will shout stuff

What? I wasn't enough? I'm crushed.

Only because Blarney demands more conversation while not actually saying anything!

• Options
    MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    Rysk: Why would he stab his elder, and then stab me? He's seen my colour and must be on my team... or is he?

Mord: Yup!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I am seething with generic rage over here.

One of you butts put a game so I can kill you all.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    I'm jealous of you all who went to PAX! We should be able to make it next year though.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Does anybody have anything ready to go, or approaching ready? If not, I'll put something together.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Does anybody have anything ready to go, or approaching ready? If not, I'll put something together.

I'd have started sign-ups for the thing I've been working on that spun off from Dungeon Phalla by now if the free time I was anticipating having this week hadn't turned out to be largely imaginary. I honestly don't think I can host it effectively while tied up six days a week, being nocturnal, and getting assailed with overtime due to short staffing.

TA had a point in Bone Masquerade postgame chat about co-hosting something, though, and I strongly suspect I can contribute most of a design and narrations if not, in all likelihood, do much of a job of action tracking, if that interests anyone.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I'm a good co-hoster!

It's actually the most fun - getting to see everything behind the scenes without catching the blame for design flaws :p

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Buddha73Buddha73 Registered User regular
    I would love to run one and have been working on last couple of weeks but even after months of being jailed im still jailed so... :/

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I've started about 5 threads since I was jailed. I'm sure its a technical glitch at this point.

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I've started about 5 threads since I was jailed. I'm sure its a technical glitch at this point.

It's not a technical glitch. Back when Thanatos was a mod here, he made the rule that you can't run a phalla if you're jailed. No mod has overturned this rule, so it's still active.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Yeah, just ask @obifett about getting the mod's attention about phallas. The only one who might care is munkus

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I was talking about Buddha and my jailed status. We have been jailed since May and we don't have an expiration date for when we will be unjailed. That's why I think its a technical glitch.

• Options
    Have you messaged a mod about it?

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Mordroth wrote: »
    Thanks for the funtimes at PAX, especially to Infidel, Rend, and Blarney for hosting and putting up with the non-PA newbs we brought along. So far, best PAX ever even though it was 95% at the Westin/Sheraton and 5% at the convention centre.

Fun fact: Rend deals are at minimum 50% more awesome when you enact them spontaneously in real life mafia without the use of PMs.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »
    Have you messaged a mod about it?

Yeah. Haven't heard nothing from anyone yet.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

Fun fact: Rend deals are at minimum 50% more awesome when you enact them spontaneously in real life mafia without the use of PMs.

Four Masons.

• Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    Rend wrote: »

Four Masons.

In phalla that's called hidden mechanics.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Yeah, just ask @obifett about getting the mod's attention about phallas. The only one who might care is munkus

To be fair, Echo responded fairly quickly about the game I ran that required two threads.

Phalla University, however, has been PMd to him about every other week since January and I havent heard anything.

So, yeah, just be prepared.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Next year, my pretties. next year we will be at Pax and the world will be ours! muwahahaha.

I mean, I 'm jealous of you guys and looking forward to hanging out.

now somebody should play some more phalla.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Next year, my pretties. next year we will be at Pax and the world will be ours! muwahahaha.

My wife has been considering taking our six month old to PAX Prime next year and leaving the 3 year old with my parents. I'm not sure how wise it is to potentially expose a six month old to con crud, but if you and ecco are going... ;)

jdarksun on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    So I've just put in to Bandwagon to run a mini with Gizzy's assistance. We should have things on the who-does-what host end ironed out by the time I get permission and sign-ups end.

If you've also got a phalla idea and are raring to go, this is the time to cut the line on me. :P

• Options

My wife has been considering taking our six month old to PAX Prime next year and leaving the 3 year old with my parents. I'm not sure how wise it is to potentially expose a six month old to con crud, but if you had ecco are going... ;)

Do you mean she's 3 months pregnant right now, or that you'll have 1.5 year old?

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    So @Infidel is currently playing in a cross-forums mafia game, where star players from respective internet communities have been invited to compete.

It's still day 1, but in spite of that there's over 21 pages of fevered discussion hilariously at home with our own games already. And the (48-hour) days started during PAX so Inf is amusingly inactive this day. Maybe he'll last till day 3!

See how this unfolds! And if you want to discuss the game, this, join the spectator board I made instead of cluttering up this (publicly viewable) thread. Register as your PA forums name or PM me if you chose a different one.

Disclaimer:

If anyone who is actually participating in this has made their way to this thread, please follow the honor system and Do Not Register (on the spectator forum that is, we'd love to have you here); you should know that the only thing that should matter in a mafia game is discussion between the living players in whatever forms are permitted. There will be some basic vetting of applications as noted above but I hold no illusions to this being ironclad security.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i was one of the people who recommended infidel to the scouting-person.

it felt very much like volunteering him for alien abduction.

• Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    I also suggested Infidel. He better bring a win home for us. PA pride is on the line!

• Options
    Denizen [mini-Phalla]: Within the Ruins is a thing that is happening while Infidel defeats all the foreign mafia players. Was he the only one who headed over there? I know I suggested a few other potential abductees.

• Options
    I was wary of responding to the scout, didn't feel right to me....

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    How is that forum name not already taken???

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Yep, I offered up Infidel, Langly, and JDark. Also, my name on that board was invald. Wth? Who is stealing my ID?

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    Man, some of the guys in that game post a lot.

• Options
    Delmain wrote: »

My wife has been considering taking our six month old to PAX Prime next year and leaving the 3 year old with my parents. I'm not sure how wise it is to potentially expose a six month old to con crud, but if you had ecco are going... ;)
    Do you mean she's 3 months pregnant right now, or that you'll have 1.5 year old?
    My wife's three months preggers, we're expecting our second in February. Possibly jdarkdaughter? We're hoping. ;)
    Assuran wrote: »
    Yep, I offered up Infidel, Langly, and JDark. Also, my name on that board was invald. Wth? Who is stealing my ID?
    Proboards is weird, you're just probably already registered.

• Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    You have global users on Proboards now.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    Yah, just gotta make a handle for the board

Hail Hydra
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »

Wow. I made the exact same suggestions.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    There's a pretty widespread consensus here, I think. I would have suggested Spectre, but since he's mostly retired...

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @jdarksun taking a baby to PAX seems like the worst idea. Its going to be crowded and noisy and with people touching each other there is a good chacne one of you is coming home sick anyway.

• Options
    Depends. When I was a baby, I loved the sound of car engines and I was happiest when my folks brought me to a race track.

In other news, when are we getting a new phalla thread @Bandwagon?

This discussion has been closed.