As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BSG:BG] Daybreak Game 1 - Game Over

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Haven't seen much of the show, but I did like Louanne "Kat" Katraine if she's the girl I'm thinking about.

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Tenek has conditional orders to select Lee Adama, Daybreak version. It is now @Professor Phobos's turn to select a character.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    @Professor Phobos I woulnd't mind playing a cylon leader with the new agenda/motive rules...

@MrBlarney: If Phobos takes a Cylon Leader then I'll take Tom Zarek (Daybreak)
    If Phobos takes a meatbag, then I'll take D'Anna Biers

Kaneski on
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Do we not have a pilot yet? If we don't have a pilot, I will take Starbuck . If I don't have to take a pilot, I will be Helena Cain.

Professor Phobos on
    You're open to take a Military Leader, so you'll be playing as Helena Cain. You'll need to make a decision about your starting location.

Kaneski has conditional orders to select D'Anna Biers.

Titles: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) takes the title of Admiral, Lee Adama (Tenek) takes the title of President, and Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) takes the title of CAG.

Loyalty: A Loyalty deck is constructed with 11"You are not a Cylon" cards, 2 "You are a Cylon" cards, and 1 "You are a Mutineer" card; each player except Kaneski draws one. blahmcblah draws the "You are a Mutineer" card and immediately draws a new Loyalty card and one Mutiny card. Kaneski draws two cards from the Cylon Motives deck.

All players excepting Kirindal may now select a starting skill card draw; loyalty and motive cards will be sent via PM shortly.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    I will start in Admiral's Quarters. I would like 1 Leadership and 2 Tactics .

EDIT: Oh, my mistake. I'll start in the Pegasus CIC then.

Professor Phobos on
  • TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Well then, shall we?

Draw 1 Tac 1 Ldr 1 Pol

• Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    1 Tactics and 2 Piloting if I'm doing it right... do I have to choose a location too? Because the Hanger Deck seems like logical choice.

No, most of us have a set location. I'm in the Admiral's Quarters, you get the Hangar Deck... I think Cain is one of the only players who has a choice (Pegasus CIC or Command, unless I missed something Admiral's Quarters doesn't work.)

D'Anna Biers

Well, since I have to help you filthy meatsacks...

Draw Politics and Engineering

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    So who wants to sacrifice their OPG to me for The Search for Earth More Fuel?

edited September 2013
    Also for extra hilarity, with enpugh xos we can literally blind jump as much as we want, though that might run short on civvies quickly

Phyphor on
    I'm thinking XO'ing Demetrius Captain's Cabin is mandatory.

Tactical Plot to see what mission needs; an XO on Captain's Cabin, then run mission. Now that I think it, the Cabin removes need for card balance between characters. Galactica damaged? No worries - XO on Captain's Cabin - 2 engineering for everyone!

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    1 Pol, 2 Tac

one of each

Looks like we're ready to start this game. I'll send everyone their card draws and then post the first game status update.

4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    It has been many years since the Cylons' destruction of the Twelve Colonies, but despite the odds, humanity has continued to survive. But the long journey has taken its toll, and the human fleet is beginning to strain to the verge of breaking. Humanity continues to run for the sake of survival, with only hope that they will finally find an Earth to call their new home.

Turn 1: Louis Hoshi (Kirindal)

Receive Skills Step: Louis Hoshi (Kirindal) draws 2 Leadership, 2 Tactics, and 1 Engineering card.

Current Situation:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T01-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 8, Food - 8, Morale - 10, Population - 12.

Jump Preparation: Level 1 - Jump unavailable.
    Pursuit Track: Level 1.

Distance Covered: 0

Galactica: No damage, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: No damage.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 1 in hand.

Ship Reserves: 4 Viper Mk II, 4 Raptors, and 1 Assault Raptor available, 4 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    Louis Hoshi (Kirindal) - Communications (5 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - Administration (3 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, 1 Miracle Token, Mutineer)
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - Admiral's Quarters (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    CAG Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - Hangar Deck (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    President Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - Admiral's Quarters (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Admiral Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Pegasus CIC (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Human Fleet (2 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar, 3 Raiders.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - None.
    Starboard-quarter (1 o'clock) - None.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 2 Civilian Ships.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk II.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk II.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - None.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - None.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited September 2013
    nevermind

Phyphor on
    I can take two shots at the Basestar with the CIC if you EO me.

Might be worth it.

edited September 2013
    Demetrius. Plot. Cabin. Bridge. In that order. C'mon meatbags, trying to save you here. :D

On that note - should I even bother coming over to the human fleet to check the admiral loyalty? Or am I just going to get my Miracle token stolen and then brigged/spaced?

EDIT:
    I can take two shots at the Basestar with the CIC if you EO me.

Might be worth it.

Hoshi can do that from Galactica just by discarding.

Kaneski on
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    edited September 2013
    Louis Hoshi

Booping over to the Research Lab. Activate Research Lab to draw an Engineering card.

Kirindal on
    edited September 2013

Movement Step: Kirindal moves to the Research Lab.
    Action Step: Draw 1 Engineering Card.

Louis Hoshi moves to check on the engineering teams' progress. Meanwhile, Lee Adama is approached with a plan concerning notable prisoners in the human fleet.

Crisis Card: Dishonest Tactics

President Lee Adama (Tenek) must choose:
    A) -1 morale, and the President may choose 1 player to move from the "Brig" to "Command."
    OR
    B) -1 fuel, and the President draws 2 Quorum Cards.

After Crisis: Activate Raiders, Advance Jump Preparation

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    Booping?

Surely there was something better than that.

Hmm. I don't know whether we'll need fuel or morale more, but the Brig bonus is useless. Option B

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Beep Booping. Sounds like a Cylon confession already!

edited September 2013
    He took the most mediocre option available. Brig him. He's clearly a Cylon on the "minimal effort" strategy.

Professor Phobos on
    He took the most mediocre option available. Brig him. He's clearly a Cylon on the "minimal effort" strategy.

This.

Also - if another fuel is lost to things other than jump - I'll volunteer my Miracle token to Phyphor

Well we do have 10 distance to go, but I can magic up some fuel for us

The weird thing is that "boop" really should be followed by a reveal. This way is just odd. I think we should hold off on miracles until we see our actual resource pressure, though.

I should let you all know, I will use my special ability each and every time it becomes available, even if I am 100% certain the person is a human.

Because it amuses me to do so.

Well, I think you have a good candidate for the first victim.

edited September 2013

Crisis Card: Tenek selects option B, -1 Fuel (8 --> 7) and draws 2 Quorum Cards (1 --> 3).

President Adama stands firm, gaining him some clout with the people and the quorum.

After Crisis: Raiders advance from the Fore (9 o'clock) to Starboard-Bow (11 o'clock); Jump Preparation moves to Level 2 - no jump available.

Turn 2: Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah)

Receive Skills Step: Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) draws 3 Politics and 2 Tactics cards.

Current Situation:
    BSGBG-GameD01-T02-1.gif
    Resources: Fuel - 7, Food - 8, Morale - 10, Population - 12.

Jump Preparation: Level 2 - Jump unavailable.
    Pursuit Track: Level 1.

Distance Covered: 0

Galactica: No damage, no boarding parties.
    Pegasus: No damage.

Nuke Tokens: 2 remain.
    Quorum Cards: 3 in hand.

Ship Reserves: 4 Viper Mk II, 4 Raptors, and 1 Assault Raptor available, 4 Viper Mk VIIs damaged.

Characters:
    Louis Hoshi (Kirindal) - Research Lab (6 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah) - Administration (8 Skill Cards, 1 Mutiny Card, 1 Miracle Token, Mutineer)
    Gaius Baltar, Daybreak ver. (Phyphor) - Admiral's Quarters (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    CAG Louanne "Kat" Katraine (Grunt's Ghosts) - Hangar Deck (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    President Lee Adama, Daybreak ver. (Tenek) - Admiral's Quarters (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    Admiral Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) - Pegasus CIC (3 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)
    D'Anna Biers (Kaneski) - Human Fleet (2 Skill Cards, 1 Miracle Token)

Galactica Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - 1 Basestar.
    Starboard-bow (11 o'clock) - 3 Raiders.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - 2 Civilian Ships.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk II.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - 1 Viper Mk II.

Cylon Space:
    Fore (9 o'clock) - None.
    Aft (3 o'clock) - None.
    Port-quarter (5 o'clock) - None.
    Port-bow (7 o'clock) - None.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    I just learned raiders move CLOCKWISE toward the nearest civilian ship, rather than COUNTER-CLOCKWISE which is how I've done it in every game of BSG I've hosted.

Doh!

Well, I've gotten some rather favorable news from the Quorum. Could come in handy. And to think they were going to put Gaius in charge before he started getting all preachy!

Not much for me to do, can't XO. Move to the President's Office and daw some Politics.

Mmm. Destination scout, maybe. Oh well. Should be good on Politics checks now, right?

edited September 2013
    Humans are doooooooooooomed. And going to take me with them

Kaneski on
    Turn 2: Romo Lampkin (blahmcblah)

Movement Step: blahmcblah moves to the President's Office.
    Action Step: Draw 2 Politics Skill Cards.

Romo Lampkin discusses fleet matters with the Quorum when the issue of water rationing is brought up. The President is called up to make a decision on the matter.

Crisis Card: Water Shortage

President Lee Adama (Tenek) must choose:
    A) -1 Food
    OR
    B) The President discards 2 Skill Cards, then the current player discards 3 Skill Cards.

After Crisis: Activate Raiders, Advance Jump Preparation

4463rwiq7r47.png
    If you don't mind losing your hand, I lose one less card thanks to my ability.

Sounds good. Option B and discard Tac 1 - Launch Scout Ldr 0 - Iron Will