As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Opera Wii Browser - uhhh...

GuekGuek Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
Alright, I just want to make sure I got this right. The wii browser doesn't have divx support. Ok...well I guess stage6 is out of the question. But now it doesn't even support the latest version of flash? Am I correct in this assessment? It's bad enough that there is no tabbed browsing and that you have to reset it after about 30 minutes of use so it isn't as slow as fuck but now I even have a problem streaming most video?

Is there any way we can petition to opera for an update or something? Does anyone know if one is even in the works? *grumble grumble*

Guek on

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    As I understand it, Opera gets updated when Nintendo says it needs it, and that forces beyond their direct control are largely responsible for no new version of Flash.

Dehumanized on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    As I understand it, Opera gets updated when Nintendo says it needs it, and that forces beyond their direct control are largely responsible for no new version of Flash.

I understand that it's Adobe's fault because they haven't released an up-to-date Flash SDK.

EDIT: Source: http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=171703

Peewi on
  • templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, I've noticed that I can't watch flash videos for ZeroPunctuation, but YouTube still seems to work. The PS3 browser is theoretically better (a best-effort compromise on tabbed browsing), but it's the slowest slow that ever slowed a slow.

Speaking of which, why does my Wii have such a better connection than my PS3? The PS3 is getting disconnected all the goddamn time, while the Wii has no such problems. The only wireless devices I have are those two, so troubleshooting isn't going so well.

templewulf on
    Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Since Flash is so common place on the internet more and more people seem to be treating it like it's some holy standard which all browsers support with a mere five second plug-in download. It's a little more complicated than that for people making these browsers. For example Linux effectively skipped Flash 8 as if it wasn't there and is just now barely getting support for Flash 9,

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo