As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• KhezKhez Registered User regular
    You wanna know what Santa did?

I mentioned enjoying surprise, so Santa sent me a Steam key. For something. Clicking it would likely tell me who Santa is, and so it's up to me to either hold onto the link until the days get more festive, click it now and spoil the surprise, or get someone I trust to click the button and accept the gift for me while I cover my eyes.

It's like a sick game of cheer.

Wat if it is some one just gift bombing you :o

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Santa the address I gave you is my parent's because they have their own house, but I live in an apartment and I'm not sure I trust things to be left on my porch. I only live about 15 minutes from them. That said, please don't scare my parents or show up in a Santa costume.

Too late.

Those words, with that avatar? GLORIOUS.

This is what happens when you gift a stranger in the ass!

Also: Santee, what a lovely home you have. It sure would be a shame of someone were to...oh, I don't know.. vandalize it, don't you agree?
    VANDALIZE WITH CHEER AND GIFTS!!!!!!!!

never-ending-reign on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Khez wrote: »
    Dear Santa

It will be hard to stalk me cause I tend to lurk more than post because I don't like being spied on ;d
    I'm not picky but don't send me country music and I'll be happy but if you want some ideas here they are:

Board games
    Any 7 wonder expansion (already have 7 wonders)
    Agricola
    Pandemic
    These are the board games I have been interested in lately
    (I can play with my wife)

Vid games:
    Own a ps3 so ps plus or psn card would be great ( or really fun local multi game I can play with wife)
    PC steam profile is shown on my sig
    3ds XL ( upcoming Zelda edition ) will have no games

Music:
    Any Christian music would be great my wife loves it and I enjoy it as well. I'm also into muse/incubus/linkin park so any music similar would be good.

Alcohol:
    Wife loves sweet beers and I love dark beers.

Non-alcoholic
    I love tea and hot chocolate (any kind of either).

Chocolates and candies are good too!

I'm not expecting any of this but I figure I would throw a bone out there!

Are you a fan of Toby Mac? My kids love dancing around to his Eye On It album.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Well I just used my phone to click the link cause I figured the page would be smaller.

I redeemed the gift without seeing who my Santa is, but now I have no idea what the game was cause I forgot to look.

edit: Oh, it was Guacamelee! Thanks, Santa!

I think this might technically count as a "GIFT GET" post.

double edit: Oh hell, because I can

GiftGet4b.gif

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    If someone can put Christmas lights around fett's hat and a tree popping out of my gun I will be giddy.
    I also got proxy the elf'd! BUILDING EXCITEMENT!

Twitch Streaming basically all week
    SniperGuyGaming on PSN / SniperGuy710 on Xbone Live
    Dang, if people are already getting gifts, guess I better repost these for people this year:
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

GiftGet4_zps134af019.gif

GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    A hat for Lain would be pretty great, thanks.

As usual, interesting challenge this year...

wVEsyIc.png
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Stalker facilitation: I have a 360/PS3/3DS, but don't really use the PS3 much outside watching movies and exclusives. Shirt size is that wonderful line between medium and large, erring towards the latter. No allergies to any foods that I'm aware of either, so local stuff would be pretty awesome! Also, if you have a cool idea that wasn't mentioned, feel free - surprises are always cool in my book.

Steam stuff is here, Xbox Live stuff is here if that helps narrow down anything too. Good hunting!

Oh, and Santee - Ideas are present. Oh yes.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Santa, I have been busy the past few days. Sometime this week my backloggery and Amazon and stuff will be fully updated. Butts.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Addresses from other countries make no sense to me. I don't even know if I trust google maps on where it claims my Santee lives.

Don't try and second guess it. Just put it in exactly as they wrote it and I can't see how it could go wrong. They and Google maps know how it should be written.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Addresses from other countries make no sense to me. I don't even know if I trust google maps on where it claims my Santee lives.

Don't try and second guess it. Just put it in exactly as they wrote it and I can't see how it could go wrong. They and Google maps know how it should be written.

I've had a Santee misspell their own address.

Don't be afraid to Proxy.

steam_sig.png

• PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    Literally looking at Santee's house through the trees and bushes.

This feels so festive!

IcdplGM.png
    Looking through last year's thread for the gift get gif, I noticed that we had like 30 more participants last year than this year. Maybe it's because we apparently started way earlier than normal, since the year before THAT people complained that it was too late in the year.

steam_sig.png

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    People seem to be having financial issues this year

YL9WnCY.png
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

Yes, that too.

I assume it's fallout from last year's Secret Santa.

steam_sig.png

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Got a lot of new people this year too. I'm hoping they stick around proper in G&T, now that would be a great gift.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    New people scare me. I get confused enough when people change avatars.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Got a lot of new people this year too. I'm hoping they stick around proper in G&T, now that would be a great gift.

Really? I thought it felt like we had less "hey guys, sorry I lurk and never post!" types this year, but maybe you're right.

steam_sig.png

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I guess its more new people to G&T itself?

Unless it's Jam's house. His house is the second to the right after punching his address in Google Maps. At least, it used to be. :D
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I get confused enough when people change avatars.

This is truth right here.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Last year I think sign-ups were two weeks longer, which may have facilitated having more people. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a year without deadbeats, last year we had one.

• never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    So, UPS stormed my house today. I was all "HOLY CRAP! Someone gifted me already?!?!" Turns out it was an early birthday present. Still gifting, just wrong event.

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular

What if the Santee's address claims to be in one city, but Google maps claims they live in a different city?

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

What if the Santee's address claims to be in one city, but Google maps claims they live in a different city?
    In that case, I'd ask Proxy to carry a message for you asking for verification.
    It's possible the person has only recently moved into the house and typoed their address.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

It's possible the person has only recently moved into the house and typoed their address.

Or you're in one of those places that can go by multiple names (like, my parents' house is located in an area that is both known by its subdivision name and the name of the larger city nearby, and you can send mail to it either way and it gets there).

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Oh man I got a really good idea for my santee, I hope I can make it pan out...

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

I'm pretty sure this is like the 3rd or 4th time I've rechecked my address, to make sure it's correct.

Santa! Hi!

Santee! Hi!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Hypatia wrote: »
    Last year I think sign-ups were two weeks longer, which may have facilitated having more people. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a year without deadbeats, last year we had one.

Yeah, I missed the sign-up period this year through my own inattentiveness. Be sure that I will be following the thread closely to see all the gifting and hopefully I make sure to get in for next year again because I really enjoyed last year.

Oh and whomever was quoted in the OP saying that USPS was the way to send things if you don't want to spend $60 for shipping hasn't apparently checked the USPS website lately. Unless I'm doing it wrong. Or unless by "not $60" it was meant $40-50 (though you can still pay $60 too).
    Oh I guess there's a first class option for boxes weighing less than 4 lbs for twenty bucks. Hmm..

v2zAToe.jpg
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    USPS is generally cheaper if you use their fixed priced boxes. The moment you start using your own box, they probably aren't any cheaper.

edited November 2013
    I dunno, a priority mail international fixed rate medium box was forty bucks. The large box was, I believe, around fifty. Then if you want priority mail international express it's sixty and up.

(not that I'm complaining, or won't pay if I have to. I just worry that I'm doing it wrong, and if I'm not I might have to alter my plans a little)

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Wait what? I thought flat rate boxes were standard both domestic and international.

PSN: jfrofl
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Oh and whomever was quoted in the OP saying that USPS was the way to send things if you don't want to spend $60 for shipping hasn't apparently checked the USPS website lately. Unless I'm doing it wrong. Or unless by "not $60" it was meant $40-50 (though you can still pay $60 too).
    Oh I guess there's a first class option for boxes weighing less than 4 lbs for twenty bucks. Hmm..

Yeah it seems for boxes over 1lb the prices go up exponentially.
    I looked into shipping a 7lb box and the lowest price was $40.
    I realize 7lb is a tad heavy, but dang.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular

Wow, I don't care what anyone says Raz, I don't think you're an effeminate weirdo.

I'm going to try this new avatar on right now!

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    edited November 2013
    If you go to the postage calculator http://postcalc.usps.com/ and pick US, it lists a price of $12.35 for a medium priority mail flat rate box. But if you pick a different country, Canada, UK, Japan...it's between $40-$60 for the same thing.
    Field Information Kit: January 27, 2013, Domestic and International Shipping Services Price Change

Priority Mail International

On average, Priority Mail International (PMI) prices will increase 15.1 percent. The Commercial Base price for customers who prepare and pay for shipments via permit imprint when used in conjunction with Postal Service-supplied software and Customs-related functions, online at USPS.com, or by registered end-users using an authorized PC Postage vendor will be up to 9 percent below the retail price. The discount applies only to the postage portion of the Priority Mail International price.

New for January 2013, free electronic USPS Delivery Confirmation International offers scan events for customers using select software or online tools. E-USPS DELCON INTL is optionally provided for certain Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes to select destinations. It will be available first only to Canada.

Customers who qualify for Priority Mail International Commercial Plus pricing will receive a variable discount (based on the item’s weight and price group) of up to 14 percent below the retail price. Qualifying customers must tender at least $100,000 per year of international expedited products including any combination of GXG, Express Mail International, Priority Mail International, and (new this year) First-Class Package International Service. Required postage payment options for Commercial Plus pricing are permit imprint or registered end-users using an authorized PC Postage vendor.

For Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes, the Postal Service is combining Mexico with the “All Other Countries” price tier. Previously, Mexico and Canada were combined in a price tier. Only Canada will now have a unique price for Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Boxes.

I found this. Maybe it was better last year. They raised their prices effective in January.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular

That's what almost stopped me from participating this year. However, I genuinely look forward to this now that I didn't want that to be the only reason to not sign-up again.

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I totally forgot about the Steamgifts a couple of pages back!

@Taramoor gets Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes!

@Florin gets Rock of Ages!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Shady3011 wrote: »

That's what almost stopped me from participating this year. However, I genuinely look forward to this now that I didn't want that to be the only reason to not sign-up again.

Can you play a bad game and tell us about it, just for old times' sake?

• Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Can you play a bad game and tell us about it, just for old times' sake?

It'll depend on how malevolent my Santa is. I almost got a copy of Vampire Rain earlier this year. *cough*

• devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Been busy with work last week, now that I have a santee, I guess it's time to start stalking. And find my xmas avatar.