As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

:: SECRET SAINTS :: Sign Ups Close Nov 26

• FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Oh dear

I seem to be crying at work

Wanna hug it out?

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i would really like to do this, i just have no money to spend on it and am too lazy to make things

hopefully next year!!!

lfYVHTd.png
  • DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    Metalbourne seriously has a dog that, if you even look at it, it will snap at you.

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    nah, i am the dog wheesperer

lfYVHTd.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Next year I am gonna make so much candy

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Oh dear

Wanna hug it out?

Yes please

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Oh dear

Wanna hug it out?

Yes please

rApQEfx.jpg

Thank you

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    P.S. that white stuff is snow. It's like really cold water.

uh...water is like...

...you know the ocean? The one that keeps you away from the rest of the world? Yeah like that, but in other places it comes down from the sky sometimes.

No, not all at once, in little bits!

oh nevermind...
    <3

For real, I am so fucking proud to be associated with you all. I was discussing today at work how I was going to go to auspax 2014 and I was getting a bunch of sideways glances. People looking at me like, 'why the fuck would you want to hang out with people like that?' I just want to point them to shit like this and say this is why. Not only are you completely wrong in your estimation of who these people are but they are a damned sight more decent human beings than any of you

We fucking care about each other. We're the this big ragtag crew of nerdlingers who love each other in our own little ways and a fair proportion of us haven't even met each other in the flesh!

I just know that no matter where I am, no matter what I'm doing I can reach out to you guys and I will find nothing but love and support. Some people say talk is cheap and yeah, it can be, but we back that shit up with real world actions, time and time again

I am so fucking proud to call you guys my friends

Merry fucking Christmas you beautiful bastards

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    My cursor dances feverishly between agree and awesome on that post, Tef.

I don't know what to do.

You! Fyndir, I want you to know I think you are a good man. I have never once seen you say an ill word about anyone except those that richly deserved it

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • DelaneyDelaney Registered User regular
    Since I'm signed up as a Saintee, it seems only fair to openly say why, especially seeing as others have done so. Also, I will be more than happy to do what I can to help others, not just in return, but because I know what it's like to need and want help, and then to feel badly just for asking.
    Well, I just deleted one long post. Maybe starting with some of what I sent Mully will work.
    This is really kind of hard to ask, but I'll be spending my second Christmas ever alone. The first was last year and it was horrible. I don't want to get into TMI territory, but it came on top of a death of a key family member and a cross-country relocation. Rebuilding's one life is so fun. I would be incredibly grateful to not feel so damn alone this Christmas, and I'd appreciate it more than words could even begin to tell you.

So... "suffering depression and could really use a smile" would be my category. It's been a tough year, and Christmas coming again sort of scares the hell out of me. I am building a new life, but it's slow going, and bouts of major depression haven't helped. I've already lost both parents, I have no siblings, and what little family I have left is distant in more than one sense. I'm just really tired of being alone and would deeply appreciate *any* help in feeling less so during this Christmas season. I promise that all smiles will be treasured immensely.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

Steam: delaney_a

• IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    Delaney, if you're comfortable with it, you could also mention vaguely where you live. There's a chance that one of us might live nearby and would welcome someone to their holiday celebrations. I was going to do this for Thanksgiving, but right now, I don't know if I'll be able to do anything. It sucks being away from family for holidays. Well, if you like your family.

• PassionateLoviePassionateLovie Registered User regular
    Sheri wrote: »
    I really feel like the video from that year is key to it

@Bendery It Like Beckham do you still have that video around?

It looks like the video got deleted off the youtube channel, I'm gonna check the couple hard drives that survived from my old machine and see if I can track it down.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AIKKZOj63U

Haha that preview image

omggg my hair was soo long!

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I really feel like the video from that year is key to it

@Bendery It Like Beckham do you still have that video around?

It looks like the video got deleted off the youtube channel, I'm gonna check the couple hard drives that survived from my old machine and see if I can track it down.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AIKKZOj63U

Haha that preview image

That's the one <3

Bendery posted that his mom's dream would be to take her family to Disneyland

Now Bendery sends stuff with Saints whenever he can. That's the best. <3<3

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    My cursor dances feverishly between agree and awesome on that post, Tef.

I don't know what to do.

Oooh, maybe something for the next major auction, to put alongside the usual name changes and Tube Appreciation Funding;

The ability to Agree and Awesome the same post.

Edit: I mean, assuming Icy doesn't infract me for simply suggesting such a thing.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Tears, everywhere!

Unashamed, manly tears.

I love that video.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    So I watched the video again (at work, bad idea, all weepy) and I watch it every Christmas season because it reminds me how important it is to be kind, and generous, and to make people happy.

And it reminds me how much I <3 you guys

• HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    That video made me feel an emotion outside of anger and excited. My simple male brain can not comprehend...I feel a strange need to leak lubricating fluid from my eyes.

I didn't...but I almost felt like it for a second. Then I thought about a guy getting kicked in the nuts and laughed to myself.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Delaney, if you're comfortable with it, you could also mention vaguely where you live. There's a chance that one of us might live nearby and would welcome someone to their holiday celebrations. I was going to do this for Thanksgiving, but right now, I don't know if I'll be able to do anything. It sucks being away from family for holidays. Well, if you like your family.

Yeah I mean, long odds that you live in mid-New York (uh what do you call not really upstate but not downstate either?) but we're having an early Thanksgiving on Saturday and you're welcome on Christmas also.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Metalbourne seriously has a dog that, if you even look at it, it will snap at you.

From the way he acted when I first found him, I think he was an abuse case. He responds very well to shows of dominance, though; disinterest, lack of eye contact, a relaxed demeanor, etc. in that warming up period, he will absolutely turn on you if you falter. On the other hand, though, as soon as he lays next to you and turns belly-up, he's now your best friend. The quickest I've seen him warm up to someone was Jordan's boyfriend, which was roughly a minute from the time he walked in through the door.

My dogs are wonderful
    http://youtu.be/z6v3X1Ls8n8

That's a lovely idea, but it was hard enough to write that post for all to see last night. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable crashing someone's holiday. For what it's worth, though, since the info is already in some PAX meetup threads, I'm about an hour north of Philly.
    cabsy wrote: »
    Yeah I mean, long odds that you live in mid-New York (uh what do you call not really upstate but not downstate either?) but we're having an early Thanksgiving on Saturday and you're welcome on Christmas also.

That is incredibly generous of you and knowing that you'd even make the offer is a help. Thank you, very much.

"I will participate in the game. It's a wonderful, wonderful opera, except that it hurts." - Joseph Campbell

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I'm in Charlottesville, Virginia, which I know isn't... really very close. But for the record, if you are near me and alone for Thanksgiving, I have a very lovely family and you will be welcome to spend the holiday with us! (It will be a lot of people but also a lot of food and it's in the country so you could like, hide in a woodpile if you got overwhelmed.)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Delaney wrote: »

That's a lovely idea, but it was hard enough to write that post for all to see last night. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable crashing someone's holiday. For what it's worth, though, since the info is already in some PAX meetup threads, I'm about an hour north of Philly.
    cabsy wrote: »

That is incredibly generous of you and knowing that you'd even make the offer is a help. Thank you, very much.

Well seriously if you want to make a ~3 hour drive and come hang out, we don't have a guest room but we do have an air mattress and a large living room you can crash in for either this weekend or Christmas, we'd be glad to have you as long as you aren't allergic to cats

I do have a guest bedroom, but I'm in Florida

BUT ALL OF YOU ARE INVITED

I love your dogs sis. Especially scooter. Miley needs to stow the attitude though. <3

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I am in Florida as well. Nobody is invited, as I am working on Christmas.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Christmas I'm not going to be in town

The Russians are coming

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    I am in Florida as well. Nobody is invited, as I am working on Christmas.

Florida is the state I left, actually. I don't miss the heat or humidity at all, and that's being said even though it hit 22° here last night. But oh, do I miss fresh Gulf shrimp.

Could the lovely ladies please post their favorite colors?

Also could everyone post any food or fiber allergies? (I didn't see anyone responded to @pooka earlier, maybe no one has any?)

edited November 2013
    I am mostly hoping for clothes. I love cute hoodies, soft hoodies, fuzzy hoodies, oversized sweaters, cardigans, everyday tops, jeans, and maybe even skirts! Swishy, gauzy skirts with prints or nice colors cut beneath the knee or at the ankle. I like anything street fighter related (My favorite character is Poison). And of course any top that I can wear with skirts is perfect.

I'm not really picky about colors. I like blues and greys and greens. Also I don't have any allergies but my skin is totally sensitive so some fibers can bother me.

Also I've been really wanting to get some girly socks and like toe socks and just cute stuff like that. Or thigh-highs or knee-highs. I'm feeling a bit stifled in my gender expression lately and some rainbow toe socks would be just the ticket.

I also need a practical purse with a long strap and a new wallet.

Of course, these are just suggestions and anything I get will thrill me to bits. <3

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    edited November 2013
    Could the lovely ladies please post their favorite colors?

Also could everyone post any food or fiber allergies? (I didn't see anyone responded to @pooka earlier, maybe no one has any?)

I like jewel tones, with blue currently being my favorite color, and I don't have any allergies to food or fiber. (Missed that query, sorry!)

Delaney on

• IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    No fiber or food allergies. If anyone crochets or knits clothing, my head is apparently larger than average. Every winter hat I've ever owned gives me a red ring on my forehead because it's too tight.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    I haven't been put up in the OP. yet

but I love dark blue and grays

no allergies or anything

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    If anyone wants to get me anything, uh

I like video games but I really probably have more than enough at the moment. I would probably recommend not getting me any video games, unless they're really weird and obscure and you think I'd like it. Also if you know I don't have it, as I have an embarassing number of Steam/GoG/console games.

I really like board games a lot, though it's kinda hard to find the time to play 'em these days (i am really interested in cooperative games, or stuff like Agricola and Le Havre).

I wear a small T-shirt. Don't really have much of a specific taste for clothes.

Also, cookbooks. All the cookbooks.

Now, as for Anya:

She is 19 months, so if you want to get her outfits, size 2T or 3T are good choices.

She looooves Curious George and Daniel Tiger. I don't think there's any actual Daniel Tiger merchandise, but if there is I'm sure she'd love the hell out of that.

Books are always welcome. She has most of the Dr. Seuss books but she could always use more books to be read to her. Currently her favorites are The Belly Button Book, Moo Baa La La La, and Happy Hippo Angry Duck. Slightly older things for her are nice too, so she'll have something to read when she's older.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Oh, right, I should post my ;ist

Anything that can help me become more independent in life- not necessarily financial, could be something that helped you through tough times. I might be going through a break-up with my partner in next few months, and we're living together... you see the problem.

Stuff for expressing my hot lady self such as makeup, clothes (Size 12 US), etc.

If you're really crazy, plane/train tickets to visit some of yous guys.

I also love doodles, stories, or anything creative that you want to make for me. Guaranteed to get a smile out of me.

And, yes, video games are always awesome - I will update my steam list in case that tickles your fancy.

Thank you!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    'cause this is how my brain works. list so far.

wish post, wishlist/gifting possibility -- details from other posts in-thread.
    • Calamity Jane --
    • Delaney, wishlist -- no food or fiber allergies; jewel tones esp. blue
    • DirtyDirtyVagrant -- no allergies; blue, grey, green
    • Dubh -- no allergies; dark blue & greys
    • iloveslimes, wishlist -- no fiber or food allergies; large head
    • Lost Salient -- cat allergies; fall colors, teal, burgundy
    • M.D., Steam, main wish is gifts for the little bro -- size 3T in clothes
    • Metalbourne, wishlist, main wish is gifts for daughters -- rainbows, purple, pink
    • Moriveth, game possibilities --
    • Munkus Beaver --
    • PassionateLovie --
    • That Dave Fella --
    with bullets, even. :bz

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
    I feel like an ass because I still haven't added anything for my kids to my wish list. My 19 year old is friggin impossible to shop for