As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pinny Arcade - Pinny Pal Community thread

• NowHiringHenchmenNowHiringHenchmen Registered User regular
    I agree with @redfield85 on here. I am absolutely atrocious at fighting games, so if any of the challenges involve winning or achieving some ungodly combo, I'll just be forking over the $15.

• Jake CappsJake Capps Patrick Space Force Base, FloridaRegistered User regular
    NEW to Pinny Arcade?

Over the past week I have gotten about 5 emails from people wanting to trade, and they all seem to have the same questions. If you are new to Penny Arcade, PInny Arcade Pin Trading, and the forum that's fine. I know it seems a bit overwhelming but everyone here was "the new guy" at some point.

This is the Pinny Pals site. pinnypals.com/ It is an unofficial fan site that allows you to make a profile to list the pins you have, and want.

This is the Pinny Arcade offical site. penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade This site has all the official news on Pinny Arcade, and pin releases.

There are a few places on the forum to discuss Pinny Arcade.

1) The Community Thread. This is the place to discuss everything Pinny Arcade. forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/182743/pinny-arcade-pinny-pal-community-thread

2) The Pin Pal Trading Post. This is the place to discuss trade offers. You can list here what pins you have, and what pins you want. Do not make offers to buy or sell pins. forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/177186/pinny-arcade-pin-pal-trading-post

There are different levels of pin collectors. Some of us only want certain pins while others want them all. You might fell like you can't catch up or know where to start. If you want to buy pins direct from Penny Arcade they have some sets available in the store. store.penny-arcade.com/search?q=pinny+arcade At PAX they release limited sets, and pins only available at PAX. Other Limited Edition Pins are released, and sold via the Penny Arcade store. If you want to stay up to date be sure to visit the Penny Arcade main page every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They also release a lot a information via Twitter: https://twitter.com/pinny_arcade, https://twitter.com/cwgabriel

I even had someone ask "What's PAX?" east.paxsite.com/ You can find a ton of information about PAX on the forum. forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/pax-general-discussion

I didn't attend PAX this year. So for me it has been pretty hard to put a collection together. I had to buy lots of pins off of ebay, and do my best to be a good Pin Pal.
    Most everyone here will do there best to answer any questions you might have, and help you with your collection. Our hobby is very new so we are always looking for new people to trade with. We want to see your collections, and hear you ideas.

WELCOME!

*At the very least the next time I get an email I can just copy this post.

X4hAlPn.png

My Pinny Pal's Lanyard

"Players are artists who create their own reality within the game." - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • vidvid Hot Dog Wizard PDXRegistered User regular
    vid wrote: »
    Well, after multiple hours on the phone and on their live chat system, no progress has been made towards getting my Pin Ultimate Edition order reinstated. Will continue trying throughout the weekend, but barring that... does anyone have any extras left? :/

What happened to yours?

There was an mistake in my payment info. They kindly informed me, and when I went to fix the problem, the page would throw an error each time I tried to update my information. After a few times, it said I had exceeded my number of tries and my order had been cancelled.

After having my pre-order since the day it was available, I lost my order due to a bug in the store. Needless to say, I'm pretty annoyed with MS Support right now.

55ymlH2.png
  • Arithon32Arithon32 Member of the Pinquisition Registered User regular
    Got my 15th anniversary pin today! Looks amazing, easily my favorite so far.

vru37z14gk5j.png

• SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I'm still waiting on my 15th anniversary pin. But I have the KI pins (they look great) and the game itself (also great).

https://msstudiosuserresearch.datstathost.com/Collector/Survey.ashx
    Is this site for real?

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Insaneloon wrote: »
    Agreed. After seeing the quality of the case and the pins, I've resigned myself to purchasing every Pin Ultimate edition Mike and Jerry can come up with.

@PedroAsani If you're sending off a Pin Ultimate specific FAQ, could you ask how they're going to handle the rest of the pins? Somewhere on MS's site it said the future pins would be limited, but does that mean they'll only be available for a limited time, or that only a limited number will be made? Are we talking infinite pins during a thirty day period, or only 5000 of each pin?

That will go in the regular FAQ since it isn't time sensitive. I can tell you that they are aware they need a system which ensures that owners of the Pin edition get the Pins ahead of non-owners. I believe they are simply going to have a pool of the Pins set aside for the owners, which isn't hard to do. If they sold 2,000 copies of the Pin edition, they set aside 2,000 of each Character Pin and Achievement Pin. Simple.

• PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    I agree with @redfield85 on here. I am absolutely atrocious at fighting games, so if any of the challenges involve winning or achieving some ungodly combo, I'll just be forking over the $15.

We have a new thread where we can collaborate on ideas for beating the Achievements. If there are things such as "compete against 10 online opponents" why not fight with other Pinthusiasts, so that even if you do get beaten without landing a punch you can both laugh about it rather than subsequently endure "lol suck it noob go back to Farmville qq"

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »

We have a new thread where we can collaborate on ideas for beating the Achievements. If there are things such as "compete against 10 online opponents" why not fight with other Pinthusiasts, so that even if you do get beaten without landing a punch you can both laugh about it rather than subsequently endure "lol suck it noob go back to Farmville qq"

If I planned on getting a One in the coming months, I would gladly beat all of you up. ;)

I think I am just going the "buy all KI pins" route.

(Only having the $200 fight stick as the only option besides the regular controller, I am gonna hold out for them to make fight pads or until Titanfall comes out.)

I assume there was no mention for pricing on the pins yet.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    redfield85 wrote: »

$14.99 per Pin.

$14.99 per Pin.

So, roughly $210 to get all the pins without playing. Not bad doing 2 pins a month.

bYf6vNQ.png

$14.99 per Pin.

So, roughly $210 to get all the pins without playing. Not bad doing 2 pins a month.

And with the game being $60, if you get all the Achievement Pins without paying it is only $165 for the lot. $10 each, pretty good.

• brettness37brettness37 Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

I think the first 2 are exclusive to the bundle though?

I think the first 2 are exclusive to the bundle though?

Yes. Whilst it's possible you might be able to trade for them with MS people at PAX, currently the Jago and KI Logo Pins are only in the Pin Ultimate edition. You won't be able to get them in the PA Store.

• grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    All currently physically obtainable pins have been added to the site :)

Now I pass out from jetlag!!

edit: Also apologies for the images, until PA puts up the clean images, I have to use my best etching (very bad) skills on the best photo of the pin :)

grgemonkey on
    https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • VaanroseVaanrose Pin Cushion SeattleRegistered User regular
    Hey @grgemonkey

I'd love if in the future we'd be able to specify which pins we'd be willing to trade a pin we want for, rather than just have our entire want list show up for every pin. The current system makes it kind of hard to find a serious trade, since you get a decent amount of online pins in every want list, and I doubt most people would trade a Chandra for a Lookouts Logo.

Twitter: @vaanrose

My PINS

Verbosity is my charm point.
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    pureval wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a podcast about Pinny Arcade? Discussing news, questions from listeners, opinions, rumors etc? I do not know much about the technical end of things (where to put it up so people can download it, etc.) and have not edited audio in years. What do you guys think? Anyone want to help out?

You can put it up at PinnyPals.com no problems :) That website is not exclusive, it's for all of us, if you have an idea and are prepared to do the work, that's all there is to it, hop on board. Otherwise you can still feel free to PM me and I can help you setup your own thing :)

@grgemonkey I will most certainly take you up on your offer to host the podcast on pinnypals.com. Thank you.

I would still like at least one more person to be on the cast if anyone is interested.

• mayoukonekomayoukoneko Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for noticing the text about US users for the KI Pin Edition Ayefkay, and thank you to PedroAsani for trying to find the answers. Just read through all the posts and realise I'm in the same situation >w< pretty pins come to me...

• AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I think it'll be alright. I registered my game for the pin program within the game (press Y on the menu screen to bring out the community page and it should still be there) And it accepted my Aus Gamertag and email address, Since the pins are coming out of PA store, there shouldnt be a problem with them sending pins to you if youre an international player.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    grgemonkey wrote: »
    Would anyone be interested in a podcast about Pinny Arcade? Discussing news, questions from listeners, opinions, rumors etc? I do not know much about the technical end of things (where to put it up so people can download it, etc.) and have not edited audio in years. What do you guys think? Anyone want to help out?

You can put it up at PinnyPals.com no problems :) That website is not exclusive, it's for all of us, if you have an idea and are prepared to do the work, that's all there is to it, hop on board. Otherwise you can still feel free to PM me and I can help you setup your own thing :)

@grgemonkey I will most certainly take you up on your offer to host the podcast on pinnypals.com. Thank you.

I would still like at least one more person to be on the cast if anyone is interested.

I was considering doing something simular, sort of a community podcast. I will join add me to the roster pureval :)

We also have http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCTDa5z_ernc5_jHzTQ0qMw
    Which we will be using for videos from community events etc.

Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
  • TheHonestHippoTheHonestHippo MicrosoftRegistered User regular
    x-post from the KI Pin Ultimate Edition thread:

Remember that you can still pick up brand new copies of the Pin Ultimate Edition in Microsoft brick-and-mortar stores. They are available starting today, but with a very limited number per store.

Twitter: @HonestHippo
    My anniversary order came in the mail today.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • grgemonkeygrgemonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Vaanrose wrote: »
    Hey @grgemonkey

I'd love if in the future we'd be able to specify which pins we'd be willing to trade a pin we want for, rather than just have our entire want list show up for every pin. The current system makes it kind of hard to find a serious trade, since you get a decent amount of online pins in every want list, and I doubt most people would trade a Chandra for a Lookouts Logo.

I agree entirely :)

There will be a "Trading Post" in the future where you simply put up the exact trade you want, X for Y and others can just hit accept (or negotiate if you check that as an option). That will also help with the loosely defined term "set", right now I'm strictly keeping it to mean, "multiple pins that come sold in the same packet" for the type definition. But that's not much use if you want to trade a full Behemoth "set" for a full X "set".

Naturally pins in the TP are still part of the normal "available as" count, they'll just need a different presentation in the trade dialog I haven't worked out yet :P Edit: Oh and just to make that clearer, they're also listed and searchable for in a different UI than the pins tab, TP will be a sub-tab of the Trades tab.

grgemonkey on
    https://pinnypals.com - Be there or be your least favourite shaped pin. Pin trading and more.
    http://pinmash.info - Head-To-Head battle of pins! Choose the most desirable.
    http://pinnywise.com - iOS pin collection tracking app.
    ----
    My Delicious Pins For Trade
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Well this is interesting. I received a package from PA today, but instead of my 15th Anniversary Scarf they sent me another pin. Already sent an email and waiting for a response. Guess they got too used to me ordering pins.

• sachmetsachmet Registered User new member
    I bought a 15th anniversary pin as my first pin, and I feel a bit... cheated. The pin is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but it's got a plain black pin back. I thought all the pin backs were supposed to be little works of art themselves? Or am I missing something?

Starting 2014 the pin backs will be replaced with ones shaped as the Merch character. Probably made the same way.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • pvp_pandapvp_panda Registered User regular
    @sachmet the pin backs are stamped with the pinny arcade logo. you can see the logo on this page http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade/rules

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Starting to worry a bit. Guys I have a question, when you ordered your 15th Anniversary pin, did the shipping confirmation e-mail include a tracking link? Mine didn't and I'm afraid it might have gotten lost or something. :( Got the E-Mail a week ago and I haven't seen it yet

My Hanna pin shipping confirmation e-mail included a track link, why didn't this one? >.<

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    edited November 2013
    Mine also did not include tracking number... Wasnt sure if i should be concerned. Its only been a week and Aus shipments from US generally take 3 weeks minimum

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think you can tweet at Brian Sunter and he can get you tracking information, or at least I think he tweeted that out last week.

I ordered my pins right at 5PM and they just showed up today, so I wouldn't worry too much. For the record, my friend ordered after me and got his on Friday... go figure.

Yea, you all need to just chillllllllll. Your stuff will get to you. Stop counting the minutes and go look at your pins. ;)

bYf6vNQ.png
    yes but the thing is, whenever i look at my pins i always notice the ones i DONT have O.o

8fuuo_RK.png
  • DuckieDuckie Squirrel Squad Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    *waves*

Hi guys, I joined up just after PAXaus when I heard there was a pinny arcade forum but took one look at it and was completely overwhelmed (I've never used a forum before) so I ran and hid for a while. Anyway I figured the longer I leave it to jump in the more overwhelming it will become, so here I am!

I'm a Sydney based pinthusiast who likes making things and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :)

I'd really love to join a trading group but so far haven't been able to figure out how to determine my trading level (like I said, bad at forums... also internetting in general), can anyone help me out and maybe help me find a group? I want to say hardcore because I want to collect all the pins ever but thought that since I missed the DLC and there doesn't seem to be one in my near future that maybe I don't qualify? But seriously, all the pins. Ever.
    And incase it wasn't obvious, I'm an AUS attendee looking to group with EAST and PRIME attendees.

So yeah, that's me, thanks in advance for any help you can give, I'm very excited to be here ^^

... Also, sorry for rambling.

Duckie on
    Pinny Pals Lanyard | I make things!!

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • pvp_pandapvp_panda Registered User regular
    Welcome @duckie ! I'm sure you'll get in a group soon. Aus pin pals tend to be very popular :p . The first few posts in this thread should have a roster of current groups and ones that are searching for an aus member

Thanks @pvp_panda ^^
    I had skimmed it already but managed to miss the part that explained the levels and only saw the groups. Considering how little brain I seemed to have left once the squirrels were done after the announcement of all the Prime pins, I'm going to officially go with hardcore... I'll get that DLC one day! :P

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
  • Manic2kManic2k Brotherhood of the Squirrel [AUS]Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Welcome Duckie :D

We are in dire need of aussie pinny pals, read the OP on the first page of this thread or Jake Capps post above and send me a message and I will add you to a roster.

Manic2k on
    Pinny arcade - Pin Pals community page: www.facebook.com/pinnypals
    Community Pinny Arcade Trading web site: http://www.pinnypals.com
    Pinny Arcade - Pin Pals twitter: @PA_PinPals
    SubReddit:http://www.reddit.com/r/pinnypals
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/pinnypals
    Duckie wrote: »
    *waves*

Hi guys, I joined up just after PAXaus when I heard there was a pinny arcade forum but took one look at it and was completely overwhelmed (I've never used a forum before) so I ran and hid for a while. Anyway I figured the longer I leave it to jump in the more overwhelming it will become, so here I am!

I'm a Sydney based pinthusiast who likes making things and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all :)

I'd really love to join a trading group but so far haven't been able to figure out how to determine my trading level (like I said, bad at forums... also internetting in general), can anyone help me out and maybe help me find a group? I want to say hardcore because I want to collect all the pins ever but thought that since I missed the DLC and there doesn't seem to be one in my near future that maybe I don't qualify? But seriously, all the pins. Ever.
    And incase it wasn't obvious, I'm an AUS attendee looking to group with EAST and PRIME attendees.

So yeah, that's me, thanks in advance for any help you can give, I'm very excited to be here ^^

... Also, sorry for rambling.

Yeah, hitting 53 pages does make it a little tough for new people. That's what the FAQ is meant to be for, but the FAQ has gotten a little long itself. I'm going to work on that.

@Manic2k - did and done! :)

@PedroAsani - Yeah, last time I logged in the FAQ didn't exist, it was just pages of posts, so a long FAQ is at least an improvement :p

[X]PAXsouth 2015
    [X]PAXaus 2015
    [?]PAXeast 2016 ???
    edited November 2013
    So, Pins? What?

Collectible Pins, Penny Arcade style! Starting with Merch in 2012, currently around 100 designs in circulation or pending. Some extremely common, some rare as unicorn poop.

How do I get them?

Some you can get from the PA Store. Some you need to attend a PAX. Some you have almost no hope of getting. But in most cases, you can trade with other Pinthusiasts.

Can we have a [Pin]?

We have a suggestions thread and each month they are sent on to Mike. No promises beyond him seeing them and going in his "sketchbook folder".

What is the difference between a Pinthusiast and a Pin Pal?

Not that much, really. Pin Pals are organised groups who have agreed to help each other out and collect for each other at the nearest PAX to them.

How can I find people to trade with?

There is a thread here, and an entire site here.

What's with the "Series 1"?

Originally there were going to be Pin Series, but that was scrapped in favour of simply using the Pin manufacturing Year, since it was stamped on the back.

What are Blind Boxes?

Packs with random Pins inside. The staff get a lot of Pins traded to them, at which point they are sanitized and repackaged into the Blind Boxes.

When will the PA Store carry Shadow Boxes?

At this point, never. They were concerned about shipping panes of glass to people, so that idea was canned. They are however going to do binders, folders and suchlike.

What Pins are going to be available at [Event]?

Mike will usually release a list of them shortly before the event. This list (as we found out at PAX Prime 13) is subject to change, because manufacturing problems can happen.

What makes a Limited Pin so special?

They aren't going to be made again. The regular Pins could be re-issued, but Limited Pins are made in one run, and then never again.

Why are Limited Pins going on sale at 2pm? Why not [time]?

Because Penny Arcade covers so many countries, a time zone was needed that would be the least disruptive to all countries. 2pm in Seattle is between 6am and 10am in Australia, 10pm in the UK and 11pm in Europe. It was deemed by the majority of us in the Pin Community thread to be the best time for everyone to Hear the Pin Drop.

Why not just make it random?

Have you ever tried to get PAX tickets? Much the same reason as that.

Some Pins have different years printed on them, does it matter?

Only to those of us with that specific brain disease.

How often are Pins issued?

The plan is to have roughly one Pin or Pin Set every other month. Obviously PAXes are going to skew that number, and Pin tie-ins will do the same.

Pin tie-ins? What are those?

Killer Instinct was released with a Pin Ultimate edition. Each month there will be a challenge issued, and completing that challenge will give you a code to get a Free* Pin from the PA Store.

For those who don't have the game, the Pins will be available in the store to buy a month later. So if you complete the January challenge, you can "buy" the Pin the same day you get the code. Otherwise, you have to wait until February to actually buy it. This is so people who own the Pin Ultimate edition won't miss out to those who just want to buy all the Pins.

Future Pin tie-ins are currently in the tentative stages.

*No charge for the Pin, but you need to pay shipping.

I tried to ask Mike about [Pin thing] but didn't get a reply. What's up with that?

He probably just didn't get to it yet. Once a month, I solicit questions from the Community and send an FAQ to him along with the Pin Suggestions made that month. He usually replies in a day or so, quicker if he doesn't have to ask other people for input. Give me your questions and I shall send it with the rest.

This post for @Manic2k so he can post up the new FAQ. This replaces the huge long ones since so many of the questions are now obsolete.

Edit: Blind Boxes.

PedroAsani on
    Hmm, reading over that beginners FAQ sparked a question about blind boxes. Of course theyre not out yet so we dont know much about how PA are going to implement them. But if we assume that old pins traded to staff go in a pile for blind box use, how will they make sure theres a good enough chance of getting a pin you need. Assuming most people trade in very common pins (core sets, anything easily available in the store). Would they add others in there to add insentive? Theres obviously going to be some pins that come out more than others, like a trading card booster pack with your commons/rares etc... Just a thought, not sure if its been answered in a previous faq

8fuuo_RK.png
This discussion has been closed.