As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Ugh, I got jury duty on Wednesday; I hope I don't miss any time sensitive sale participation stuff.
    They gave me week of December 23rd..... :(
    I'm getting married on the 31st.
    I told them I can't do it...
    I hope I don't miss my honeymoon.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »
    I must be a masochist because right now it's down to Boba Fett, Tesla or V12 for favorite FX2 table. I just love the hell out of those three tables.

@Edglar Vess yeah that left side drain is a total bastard until you figure out what it's for. Then you'll be freaking out as you try to drain it and can't...

I'm enjoying Boba Fett too but I can't seem to score big points yet. I completed a 30M bounty but only got 10M for it, I guess it's because I hit a couple of ramps I wasn't supposed to?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Hooray! It's Booster Pack day!

Evochron Mercenary booster pack, you better not disappoint me!

Oh hey, @Hit Bit got one too!

Taramoor on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I must be a masochist because right now it's down to Boba Fett, Tesla or V12 for favorite FX2 table. I just love the hell out of those three tables.

@Edglar Vess yeah that left side drain is a total bastard until you figure out what it's for. Then you'll be freaking out as you try to drain it and can't...

I'm enjoying Boba Fett too but I can't seem to score big points yet. I completed a 30M bounty but only got 10M for it, I guess it's because I hit a couple of ramps I wasn't supposed to?

If you only got 10M for it you didn't complete the bounty, just some of the stages objectives. Completing a bounty ends with you making a skillshot to call in the Slave-1, which comes in for a landing, then you get to "load him into the cargo hold" with another skillshot straight into the Slave-1. That's when you get the full bounty payout.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Ugh, I got jury duty on Wednesday; I hope I don't miss any time sensitive sale participation stuff.

Pretty sure they excuse jury duty for sexy timez.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

If you only got 10M for it you didn't complete the bounty, just some of the stages objectives. Completing a bounty ends with you making a skillshot to call in the Slave-1, which comes in for a landing, then you get to "load him into the cargo hold" with another skillshot straight into the Slave-1. That's when you get the full bounty payout.

yeah I did that which is why I figured it must have been because I hit some ramps I wasn't supposed to, I'll have a play around with it tonight

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Pretty sure they excuse jury duty for sexy timez.

I hope so, cause I have done jury duty. I don't mind. But this time, that is.. well just add symbols to my post.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    korodullin wrote: »
    So, uh

Mount & Blade has a pretty big manual, you guys

"Big" as in 23MB.

There's a manual?*

*Roycesraphim discovered Mount and Blade through these forums, created several threads, and played through the alphas, marvelling at how one band of black knights could liberate everything on the overworld and create a warband of 800 people. and yet, he has not purchased the fire and steel expansion pack and has never played online against anyone. He was also a rather large cunt in one of the threads and had his wings clipped by someone much wiser.

I've been playing Mount & Blade since 2005 and I had no idea there was a manual.

Fun fact. Neither the manual or in-game control settings of mount and blade warband mention that you can fast travel on the world map by pressing ctrl+space at the same time. I would have saved so much time in the past had I known that.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »
    Here are the winners!

signature.png
    @BigDes

signature.png
    @Taramoor

signature.png
    @Descendant X

Congrats, everyone! Keys have been emailed. Enjoy your games!

Awesome @Beryline

Kings Bounty is such an addictive series

Can't wait to marry off a princess to the inhabitants of a belt

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

Here if you defer, they make you pick a week to commit to rather than just picking another random day for you.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Here are the winners!

Awesome Beryline

I'm still stuck at the end of the first game.

It's devolved into a massive attrition grind and I had to put it aside, but I haven't gone back.

I really want to play the sequels, but I can't allow myself to leave the princess unsaved.

• Options
    tsmvengy wrote: »

Here if you defer, they make you pick a week to commit to rather than just picking another random day for you.
    I told them straight up I couldn't do it. Not defer. Either way, I'm going to be very pissed if actually caring about the US and the legal system (insert symbol word here) with my wedding and happily ever after.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Dranyth wrote: »
    I've tried Witcher 2 twice now and I just can't get into it. I believe I just barely got out of the prologue and stopped... the combat just feels so damn janky.
    There is a complete combat overhaul mod done by one of the devs in their off time that might have your name written on it.
    I looked into this, and at least the first major topic I found discussing it from 5 months ago, the consensus seemed to be that it was crap.

However, this did get me to look into tips for the game's combat and that might've helped some. I wasn't using Quen at all as I remember, mostly because of the drawback of not regenning Vigor while it's up I think. I also found a rather interesting sounding Alchemy/Swordsman build based around maxing mutagen use. Not totally sure that I should go that route because it forgoes things like the dodge roll enhancements and such that many people seem to think is really useful for mobility in combat, but it sounds interesting anyway.
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    I've tried Witcher 2 twice now and I just can't get into it. I believe I just barely got out of the prologue and stopped... the combat just feels so damn janky.

I have played both Witcher 1 and 2, so I think I can give a pretty good idea of both.

Witcher 1 - The story in this game is rather good, but that is about it. The combat and pacing is poor. Most people burn out after a few chapters and just aren't sure why. The slog that is the swamp and the city just seem to kill people's enthusiasm.

Witcher 2 - This game cleans up most of the problems in 1. The story can still be a bit of a slog, but it is much better than before. Also, if you are going to start this game please do not let pride fuck with you. Just set it to easy, there is no shame in that. The normal/advanced difficulty are for your second or third playthrough. And you will want to play through this again due to the number of big game changing decisions you can make.

Oh, but you can bone more chicks in Witcher 1. So that is a plus.

I also have Witcher 1, never even started it.

The reason I don't really want to go on Easy in 2 is it's supposed to be way *too* easy, and as it is, almost universally people say the game gets really really easy once you actually start unlocking abilities and getting equipment upgrades, so I'd just need to get to that point.

Anyway, I may be trying the game again here soon.

Well, I've done the prologue again and I feel like it's better now. I got to Flotsam at least and then the game crashed, so I'm done for right now. I really really need to get to a shop, sooo encumbered. I think I looted everything possible in the prologue, then everything in the dungeons, so when I started Act 1 and got all my stuff combined I was at like 358/300 for my encumbrance.

• Options
    krackqkrackq Registered User regular
    I've got a 90% Enclave coupon good for a few more days if anyone is interested. I think that would make the game around 50 cents to buy. Shoot me a pm and its yours!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2013
    New desktop powers: Activate.
    I've theoretically replaced my toaster with a more up to date toaster, which is in no way part of Skynet's distributed intelligence network.
    Hopefully I might be able to collect and set it up by Saturday.

Of course then we're going to some friends for our annual Fakesgiving, so....gah!

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Does anyone still have one of those Warframe coupons? I'm just getting into it and wouldn't mind a bit of a leg up.

PM me if you do, I've got coupons I can trade away.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Finally got into the family sharing beta. No more having my kids' friends poke me for games! :)

• Options
    MudzgutMudzgut OhioRegistered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »

I told them straight up I couldn't do it. Not defer. Either way, I'm going to be very pissed if actually caring about the US and the legal system (insert symbol word here) with my wedding and happily ever after.

They probably won't let you not do it at all, but will offer up the defer option. Last time I deferred, I was able to push it out by a few months as long as I was willing to commit to that future date. That way your wedding and honeymoon can go smoothly, you can have some time after and then later on get back to civil duties later. Hope things go well with that part so you can fully enjoy your wedding and honeymoon!

steam_sig.png

Twitch/Mudzgut
    Fall down seven times. Stand up eight.
  • Options
    dav3ybdav3yb Registered User regular
    Just a final reminder: 2 hours left

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

PSN: daveyb1337 || XBL: dav3yb360 || Steam: dav3yb || Switch: SW-5274-1897-8495 || 3DS FC: 2079-7419-8843
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I briefly considered jumping back into The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for the five days I get off this week. I never did beat the game. I last played it late 2007, but got distracted and never came back to it. I don't remember which mods I had in it, and I don't know where my old save file is, so it'd probably be best to start over. I was surprised to see it never got Steam workshop support for mods; I know Skyrim got it, but for some reason I thought Oblivion got it too.

I probably shouldn't bother with it for now. I need to concentrate on Aquaria, which I bought 6 years ago and am only now giving it the time it deserves. And it's exactly the type of game I need to finish within a week or two, because if I get distracted with it and come back a few months later, I'll have no idea where to go, where to find secrets, etc.

• Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Viking wrote: »
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.
    doing so made the game a lot more responsive for me.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    dawn+of+the+final+day.jpg
    26 hours. Whatever. Close enough

Reminder: they end the second the fall sale starts. Please note that because Steam will likely be dying a painful death at that time, it means gifts won't go out immediately, but I'll let everyone know that they've won :) Also, there's a couple duplicates because Steamgifts doesn't let me add games after they're created, so check the bottom - four new ones today.

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

(two copies!)

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Also, I've got a 66% off Age of Empires 3: Complete Collection, if someone wants that.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Come and get me!
    0DF21945D46AD20056E5854ED4F257FEA1BC2DD4
    I had a 10X multiplier and did the conquer multiple times!

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I briefly considered jumping back into The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion for the five days I get off this week. I never did beat the game. I last played it late 2007, but got distracted and never came back to it. I don't remember which mods I had in it, and I don't know where my old save file is, so it'd probably be best to start over. I was surprised to see it never got Steam workshop support for mods; I know Skyrim got it, but for some reason I thought Oblivion got it too.

I probably shouldn't bother with it for now. I need to concentrate on Aquaria, which I bought 6 years ago and am only now giving it the time it deserves. And it's exactly the type of game I need to finish within a week or two, because if I get distracted with it and come back a few months later, I'll have no idea where to go, where to find secrets, etc.

Aquaria is wonderful. Definitely keep going with it. Oblivion will still be there, waiting patiently for when you've finished swimmin'.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Is there any point in playing Mount & Blade when you have Warband?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Not in the slightest.

• Options
    Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Come and get me!
    0DF21945D46AD20056E5854ED4F257FEA1BC2DD4
    I had a 10X multiplier and did the conquer multiple times!

Wow, thats a great score on that table, I think I have only played it a couple of times, if trash talking has commenced then I am in.

Edit: I found the Thread for FX2, it seems to be a little Xbox focused, but Ill post there...

Edgler Vess on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I tried the risk of rain demo....holy shit!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Only for a handful of mods that have yet to be converted, but otherwise, no.

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    BigDes wrote: »
    Here are the winners!

Awesome Beryline

I'm still stuck at the end of the first game.

It's devolved into a massive attrition grind and I had to put it aside, but I haven't gone back.

I really want to play the sequels, but I can't allow myself to leave the princess unsaved.

I just gave up on what I'm assuming is close to the end (Land of the Dead or whatever it is called). I like the game, but like you said it's such a massive grind, the running back and forth to recruit more units becomes unbearable after a while. At least if the story was good I would force myself to play it til the end, but that's not the case either.

I'm hoping the sequels improve on it a bit.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular

There's a demo? I don't see one listed on the Steam page.

I sort of want to just buy Risk of Rain, but it seems unwise with a sale right around the corner. I guess it's a new release and probably wouldn't be discounted that much? But a discount is a discount.

• Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

There's a demo? I don't see one listed on the Steam page.
    You can get it here.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Not in the slightest.

Actually, the pretty-cool Lord of the Rings Mod is still on original M&B.

But otherwise, yeah - go directly to Warband, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dinars.

• Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Damn. I guess Everquest has really sucked me back in when I have 500+ new posts to read in this thread and not even 2 hours played on Steam this week.

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-3.gif

Excision on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Wow, thats a great score on that table, I think I have only played it a couple of times, if trash talking has commenced then I am in.
    Edit: I found the Thread for FX2, it seems to be a little Xbox focused, but Ill post there...
    It took my 360 controller, and probably 2 hours. Yeah, and 10x multiplier helped a lot. I did two things basically. Hit multiplier, than conquer. Always do south attack on conquer, cause well I figured how to hit the multiplier in the middle, and that is part of the south conquer ramp set. Repeat. A lot.

My arms hurt now due to twitching pulling triggers.
    Excision wrote: »
    Damn. I guess Everquest has really sucked me back in when I have 500+ new posts to read in this thread and not even 2 hours played on Steam this week.

hello-darkness-gob-gif-wall-3.gif

I don't want to talk about EQ, EQ II, EQ:N, etc... ok I am playing II. I would play one, but my friend thinks 2 is so much better.. shrug... that and pinball, by backlog will never be beaten.

DyasAlure on
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    Looks like today's Daily Deal, Divekick, ends in 24 hours instead of 48.

IT'S COMING! HIDE YOUR WALLETS!

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Looks like today's Daily Deal, Divekick, ends in 24 hours instead of 48.

IT'S COMING! HIDE YOUR WALLETS!

Also no midweek madness it appears. Gird your loins!

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    Ohhh shit im buying divekick

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Ohhh shit im buying divekick

...said 95% of the thread.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Divekick won't go lower during the sale right?........right?!?

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.