As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD THREAD: Don't post 'til you see the whites of their Steam sales!

• BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    No, it will not. Under 25% is very rare.

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Remember to rank your shit so the things people buy you are the things people want.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So @Talus9952 is a classy gent out of completely nowhere.

DB9xKcC.jpg

Thank you very much.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Excision wrote: »
    Divekick won't go lower during the sale right?........right?!?

Magic conch says maybe!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Is steam currently dying for anyone else? I'm having a tough time loading anything up.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It's the 15th Anniversary of Half-Life Giveaway Extravaganza!

Well, extravaganza may be too strong. Giveaway Jubilee? Giveaway Shindig? Whatever, I'm giving away copies of Half-Life in celebration. Everybody should get a chance to try these games, and now is as good as ever, so here we go!

This first set is open to anyone in the general PA group! Fill in the holes of your Half-Life collection!
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

This last one is for the whole kit 'n kaboodle, open specifically to the Adventure Time group!
    signature.png

These are all open for a week. Good luck to anyone who enters!

Half hour left. Is anyone gonna enter that HL2 giveaway or is high entropy going to win it uncontested? :)

Original flavor half-life was more popular than I expected!

Aistan wrote: »
    Is steam currently dying for anyone else? I'm having a tough time loading anything up.

Magic conch says "check the OP"... :P

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Luchaire wrote: »

Magic conch says maybe!

does it really matter, its at 2.50, so at best you save another 50c

camo_sig.png
    mts wrote: »

Magic conch says maybe!

But 50 cents will buy another copy of Bad Rats when it goes on sale!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    No, it will not. Under 25% is very rare.

someone forward this to valve to assure that on the first day of the sale it's a flash for 10%

steam_sig.png

Magic conch says "check the OP"... :P

Yeah... I thought of that right after I posted. Usually it's later in the day so i'm in class while it happens. I guess they are preparing for the sale, though.

• RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Has anyone played Nihilumbra? I've been thinking about getting it on sale if its like Portal, but in Steam Hub they say that the game is too easy. What can you say?

On a side note, what are the requirements to join PA Adventure Team?(I know that you can't join while the sale is so close)

steam_sig.png
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Is there any point in playing Mount & Blade when you have Warband?

Not in the slightest.

Actually, the pretty-cool Lord of the Rings Mod is still on original M&B.

But otherwise, yeah - go directly to Warband, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dinars.
    Well this is welcome news, despite that being the only mod I played.

I was under the impression that Warband was the opposite of good, got depressed without trying it, and hoarded up a few backups of Vanilla for posterity. Hopefully The Newell will give me a chance to atone for my rush to judgement.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Anti-SeanAnti-Sean Registered User regular
    Oh man

You guys

Oh man

I've only received a couple entries in this hand turkey contest for Papers, Please so far, but they're SO GOOD. Seriously, seriously amazing stuff! I've got all sorts of anxiety already about how I'm going to pick the winner.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Bought Divekick as a two pack so I can give one away once I'm home. Can't wait to give it a try.

• MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    I tried the risk of rain demo....holy shit!

Did you like it? I played it for a bit and felt really disappointed by it. Everything about it should be fun, but for some reason it just isn't clicking for me.

Issues
    The controls are just weird. Having a dodge button in between two attack buttons means I am missing the button in a key moment 25% of the time when I am trying to mash it.

The time limit is a bit grating. I don't mind the increasing difficulty, but I guess I am not a fan of the forced reckless rushing.

The difficulty spike. After a few tries I got a handle on level 1. I got some gear, figured out patterns and was able to get the basics down. Level 2 just fucks you right from the start. The enemies are tens of times stronger and half have bullets that you can't see and can barely dodge. That is when there is only one of them and you are focusing. When things go nuts and there are more you just get torn apart.

Sigh. Don't get me wrong. I love roguelikes. I fell in love with Binding of Issaac and Rogue Legacy (Look at my times played. We are talking a combined 150 hours or somesuch), but something about this one rubs me the wrong way.

Music is pretty though.

• Edgler VessEdgler Vess Registered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Viking wrote: »
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.
    doing so made the game a lot more responsive for me.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Come and get me!
    0DF21945D46AD20056E5854ED4F257FEA1BC2DD4
    I had a 10X multiplier and did the conquer multiple times!

You are gotten sir, 16.8 million I had an invasion that I rocked for about 15 million. Thats a pretty fun table.

steam_sig.png
  • Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Ah yeah. My 7870 is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Just in time, it were to seem.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Jragghen wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Is there any point in playing Mount & Blade when you have Warband?

Not in the slightest.

Actually, the pretty-cool Lord of the Rings Mod is still on original M&B.

But otherwise, yeah - go directly to Warband, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 dinars.
    Well this is welcome news, despite that being the only mod I played.

I was under the impression that Warband was the opposite of good, got depressed without trying it, and hoarded up a few backups of Vanilla for posterity. Hopefully The Newell will give me a chance to atone for my rush to judgement.

No! Warband rocks.

Here's my Steam review:
    Me wrote:
    Mount and Blade: Warband is the game that the original Mount and Blade wanted to be when it was released. More polished, more complete, and in all ways improved, this is the best swording-mans simulator on the market. The modding community is fantastic, offering new maps, troop trees, fief management options, etc. The only remaining glaring weakness is companion management - in the game, your companions will not automatically equip themselves with improved gear (though many mods add this as a feature) and it is next to impossible to know, without switching through multiple screens, whether a particular weapon or piece of armor in a shop is an improvement over what your companions are currently using.

I have sunk more hours into the Mount and Blade series in the past couple of years than into every other non-MMO game combined. If you haven't bough and played it, yet, you are truly missing out on one of the singular gaming experiences of today.

Elvenshae on
  • ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    I also picked up Divekick.

My girlfriend is going down tonight!

steam_sig.png
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I played pinball tonight until my hands were (and still are) sore. I use an XBox controller to play the game, kinda gives it that flipper feel. Seems to have helped with my timing on some of the tables. Earth Defense really clicked for me, and I take back most of what I said about V-12, just takes some board knowledge to score points.

The left side drain on V-12 is ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT though, my god I am glad I don't break my own stuff when I get frustrated; I would be buying a new controller tomorrow for sure.

I added all the tables I don't have to my wishlist; come on big sales! send me to pinball heaven!
    If you have not done so already, remap the flippers to the left and right bumper. Then move the manual ball launch to the right trigger.

Thanks for the tip @viking took your advice and passed your score on a table. Thought my new score would put me ahead of everyone, but I think @drake has been playing V-12 recently. You are right though the top bumpers seem a lot more responsive.

Edit: Someone should make a Pinball FX2 thread for talking tables and talking trash. I would do it, but the game deserves a better OP than I think i could pull off.

Come and get me!

You are gotten sir, 16.8 million I had an invasion that I rocked for about 15 million. Thats a pretty fun table.

"well played evil!" ah, that quote means something, but you have to play my local pathfinder (i.e. D&D 3.5) pen and paper game to get it. I will be back.. when I'm not tired.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    And the winners of the 15th Half-Life Anniversary are:

Half-Life 1 Anthology - BigDes
    Half-Life 2 - highentropy
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 - haeg81
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2 - Was Kevko, but I requested a new winner because...
    Half-Life Complete - Kevko

Congrats to the winners, and hopefully I'll have the new winner for Episode 2 soon.

• CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    I've been pretty crazy sick for the better part of this year because...reasons, but I will be ninja gifting with a little money. Good luck to all during the sale!

• ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    You had me at Swording Mans Simulator.

• CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Online-Game/dp/B00917DBUE?tag=childsplaycha-20&BF2013

Dark Souls for 6 bucks. Cheapest I think so far. Only good for the next 11 hours. It appears to come with some sort of 5 dollar credit as well but I'm not sure what it's for. Get this if you don't own it yet.

/blink

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Magic conch says maybe!

But 50 cents will buy another copy of Bad Rats when it goes on sale!

The gift that keeps on giving

edited November 2013
    Repost before I go to class. The giveaways end at 1:20pm pst tomorrow, and hopefully they won't overlap with any timed sales for these games in particular.

edit: And just as I say that amazon has Dark Souls for $6. That is indeed the cheapest it has been, previous was $7.50. That's a really, really good price.

That went pretty well, so let's try this one quick before the sale starts.

signature.png

Actually, fuck it. Fuck it!

Greatest hits clearance sale, everything must go!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Aistan on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited November 2013

Come and get me!

I need to play Rome again to see if I get transfer my high scores from the 360 to Steam.

By the way, no one has beaten my Pasha high score yet, any takers?

9F5A694A29CE2E2676977ED0AE5B4ED150D26C42

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-Prepare-Online-Game/dp/B00917DBUE?tag=childsplaycha-20&BF2013

Dark Souls for 6 bucks. Cheapest I think so far. Only good for the next 11 hours. It appears to come with some sort of 5 dollar credit as well but I'm not sure what it's for. Get this if you don't own it yet.

Been a little disappointed in the Amazon Black Friday deals so far. Not enough niche-y games.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • HeirTransparentHeirTransparent ... Registered User regular
    Vlambeer's nifty looking LUFTRAUSERS is listed on Steam for "Early 2014". Wish it were sooner, but I have plenty to keep me occupied.

steam_sig.png
  • HeartfinderHeartfinder Registered User regular
    That $5 Amazon credit's for their January "Editor's Choice" stuff they've been doing the last few years, not for any fall/winter stuff they might be doing.

steam_sig-400.png
  • iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    @Corsini hit me with some Dragon Age Origins like the super awesome dude he is.

He also reminded me that Battlefield 4 has been sucking up my time and I still have gifts that I need to give away.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    All my game money is tied up in my Steam wallet, so I'm hoping something similar to that DS sale happens there too.

• DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Pasha is a gorgeous table with a really fun theme. I also cannot make the shot to start a tale when the book is open to save my fucking life.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    You had me at Swording Mans Simulator.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trCL0MiCM_8

Sadly, the video lacks footage of train defense missions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rikX54gDnUE

shit gets cray during siege and defense missions. Don't be afraid to hide behind siege equipment from bolts and arrows, always carry one melee weapon just in case you have to storm the throne room and kill the last holdouts......

The best measure of a game is how you describe your strategies for said game. Should your strategy sound quite metal, its a good game.

RoyceSraphim on
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I have no idea how you got that score on Pasha @DoctorArch I need more practice

steam_sig.png
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Redthirst wrote: »
    Has anyone played Nihilumbra? I've been thinking about getting it on sale if its like Portal, but in Steam Hub they say that the game is too easy. What can you say?

On a side note, what are the requirements to join PA Adventure Team?(I know that you can't join while the sale is so close)

Hmm, let's see...

Join date 3+ months? Check!
    Post count in 3+ figures? Check!

Post a link to your steam profile @Redshirt. :)

(These aren't hard and fast thresholds, but they seem like serviceable rules of thumb.)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    I have no idea how you got that score on Pasha @DoctorArch I need more practice
    Same here. I never knew that pinball could be more complicated than just slapping the triggers until you miss, but I'm seeing the genre in a whole new life. There's one heck of a learning curve, sure, but the table gameplay seems less and less random the more I play it.

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular

/blink

That was my first thought too :)

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.