As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twilight Imperium] Game 6 - Game Over.

• Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    @Caliber are you sure you wouldn't rather me take Hercalor/Tiamat? It's 2 resource points instead of the 3 on Lazar/Sarculag. Unless you need the yellow tech specialties for next round?

• Options
    robinlambertrobinlambert Registered User regular
    edited November 2013
    Kaneski wrote: »
    I don't quite follow the train of thought of "Well, it's your fault someone else will win, because now I HAVE to kill you instead of winning the game", but... eh...

Haha. Well, it is really not much more than you are doing in a way. You aren't going to win so, Chaos Away. I am not knocking it at all. At some point I have to accept that way way back, I lost my chance to win (it was when that vote about invading was passed) and so what should I do? Play for second? Maybe. But in the meantime, Chaos Kitty Litter.

Anyhow, why not take Capha and Industrex? That is two.

And @Lykouragh why not just talk to me first?

robinlambert on
  • Options
    Aye. I am not going to win. But I aim to score as many points as I can, being the goal of the game. If I simply wanted to Chaos away without caring about my game position, I'd have pumped my fleet supply to 9 and smashed every ship I own into Mecatol Rex just for Yssaril or Arborec to take it. Or something equally disruptive, but pointless. I still play for VPs, and that's very different from your announced plan to just wail on the Arborec. Unless your SO somehow justifies it, and the attack is just a cloak.

Re: Capha/Industrex because the Winnu have a war sun. Costing them a couple of exhausted planets for a round is not the same as shooting down a carrier and ground troops - actual damage. For the former - they reluctantly let me have it (for which I'm grateful). For the latter - I suspect they will actually retaliate. And my space forces are meager and precious.

• Options
    calibercaliber Registered User regular
    Kaneski wrote: »
    @Caliber are you sure you wouldn't rather me take Hercalor/Tiamat? It's 2 resource points instead of the 3 on Lazar/Sarculag. Unless you need the yellow tech specialties for next round?

Hercalor/Tiamat are also (begrudgingly) acceptable. I discounted them due to the difficult terrain blocking them, but if you have the ability to pass through it, the same agreement will stand.

And no sabo, while I'm here.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    How about this Kaneski, you don't judge how I choose to play and I won't judge your style. It's all equally valid and the results will be in soon enough.

robinlambert on
  • Options
    When the time comes, we will play this action card.

Communications Breakdown
    No players may play Action Cards until the end of the battle (except the Sabotage Action Card).
    Play: Immediately before a Space Battle in which you are participating.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    How about this Kaneski, you don't judge how I choose to play and I won't judge your style. It's all equally valid and the results will be in soon enough.

You go first.

Edit: Also: No. Because that is a pretty large part of the game. 2nd edit: and no, they're no all equally valid.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Okay, let's take this one at a time. Start with the Lodor activation. In a situation that's not using an action card for an action, we should be following the 'declare-reveal' method of resolution, so Lykouragh's play of "Into the Breach" and robinlambert's play of "Communications Breakdown" are considered simultaneous. Resolution should follow in order of play, and since Hacan has (1) Leadership while Arborec has (8) Bureaucracy, robinlambert's card should be resolved first. In the case that robinlambert's card is not sabotaged, then because Lykouragh's card will no longer be allowed to be played, it will return to his hand for later play.

So, in summary, "Communications Breakdown" is slated to resolve before "Into the Breach"; does anyone want to sabotage either of these cards?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No Sabo Order of play it is.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    No sabo.

Sorry if this hurt your feelings robin.... I didn't talk to you about it because, well, I needed those juicy fleets to stay where they are and not grow a lot, and I didn't think you'd be likely to just sacrifice a bunch of systems to me.

• Options
    I completely understand. It is tough to pull off a good backstab.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    no sabo

• Options
    FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    No sabotage! \o/

• Options
    Once @caliber verifies whether or not he will Sabotage, we will move to battle resolution.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Yeah, I only asked because there was a second Action Card submitted. Time to move on!

robinlambert's Action card play goes through, preventing the play of any Action Cards for the remainder of battle. Lykouragh's card returns to his hand.

Round 7 - Battle at Lodor

Pre-Combat Round

Arborec has 3 Dreadnoughts (with 2 Shock Troops) and 1 Cruiser (with 1 Ground Force).
    Hacan has 1 Dreadnought, 2 Cruisers, and 2 Destroyers.

Geth roll "1d10t5" for Hacan Assault Cannon

Hacan Assault Cannon:
    1d10t5 0 [1d10t5=3]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No hits registered.

Combat Round 1

Arborec has 3 Dreadnoughts (with 2 Shock Troops) and 1 Cruiser (with 1 Ground Force).
    Hacan has 1 Dreadnought, 2 Cruisers, and 2 Destroyers.

Geth roll "3d10t5+1d10t7" for Arborec
    Geth roll "1d10t5+2d10t7+2d10t9" for Hacan

Arborec:
    3d10t5+1d10t7 3 [3d10t5=10, 4, 5] [1d10t7=8]
    Hacan:
    1d10t5+2d10t7+2d10t9 2 [1d10t5=4] [2d10t7=7, 10] [2d10t9=4, 1]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Arborec scores three hits, Hacan scores two hits. I'm gonna need to know which units will take the hits from each player.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrB you have battle orders from me right? I think they pretty much still apply here.

• Options
    1 dread 2 destroyer

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Round 7 - Battle at Lodor

Arborec damages their Cruiser and one Dreadnought (not carrying a Shock Troop).
    Hacan damages their Dreadnought and destroys two Destroyers.

Combat Round 2

Arborec has 3 Dreadnoughts (1 damaged, 2 carrying Shock Troops) and 1 Cruiser (damaged, carrying 1 Ground Force).
    Hacan has 1 Dreadnought (damaged) and 2 Cruisers.

Geth roll "3d10t5+1d10t7" for Arborec
    Geth roll "1d10t5+2d10t7" for Hacan

Arborec:
    3d10t5+1d10t7 3 [3d10t5=2, 10, 7] [1d10t7=8]
    Hacan:
    1d10t5+2d10t7 0 [1d10t5=2] [2d10t7=2, 1]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Arborec scores three hits; Hacan removes their Dreadnought and two Cruisers. Combat resolves in favor of Arborec.

Arborec lands 2 Shock Troops and 1 Ground Force on Lodor; @Lykouragh, will your Shock Troops take over the Hacan Space Dock, or will it be destroyed?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Take it over.

• Options
    (assuming I have a shock troop left after surviving 2x PDS fire and fighting a MU, which Hacan built on the production secondary after the last update). Go ahead and kill the GF before the shock troops.

• Options
    Nope. I had no SA so that Production never happened.

• Options
    Yup. @Lykouragh, do you have any changes to orders for the planned second tactical action into Mallice?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Nope, proceed as planned!

• Options
    Round 7 - Battle at Mallice

Combat Round 1

Arborec has 2 Dreadnoughts and 1 Cruiser (each carrying 1 Ground Force).
    Hacan has 3 Cruisers (carrying 2 Ground Forces).

Geth roll "2d10t5+1d10t7" for Arborec
    Geth roll "3d10t7" for Hacan

Arborec:
    2d10t5+1d10t7 1 [2d10t5=9, 3] [1d10t7=1]
    Hacan:
    3d10t7 1 [3d10t7=2, 3, 7]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Arborec damages his Cruiser.
    Hacan destroys a non-loaded Cruiser.

Combat Round 2

Arborec has 2 Dreadnoughts and 1 damaged Cruiser (each carrying 1 Ground Force).
    Hacan has 2 Cruisers (carrying 2 Ground Forces).

Geth roll "2d10t5+1d10t7" for Arborec
    Geth roll "2d10t7" for Hacan

Arborec:
    2d10t5+1d10t7 3 [2d10t5=8, 5] [1d10t7=8]
    Hacan:
    2d10t7 1 [2d10t7=2, 9]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    WHOA! .... I have an AC.

Can I still play it?

Play Recheck on missed shot first round.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Arborec damages a Dreadnought.
    Hacan destroys two Cruisers (and two carried Ground Forces).

Combat resolves in favor of Arborec.

Lykouragh has orders to land all Ground Forces on Mallice.

Round 7 - Invasion of Mallice

Pre-Combat Actions

Arborec Dreadnoughts perform bombardment before the first round of Invasion Combat.

Geth roll "2d10t5" for Arborec Bombardment

Winnu Shock Troop is destroyed; combat resolves in favor of Arborec.

Arborec Bombardment:
    2d10t5 2 [2d10t5=8, 6]

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I still want to play my action card.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Round 7: Action Phase Update 3

The Winnu: Play the primary strategy of the (4) Production Strategy Card, exhausting Winnu (3R), Garbozia (2R), Industrex (2R), Sakulag (2R), Hercalor (1R), Lazar (1R), Tiamat (1R), Tar'Mann (1R), +2R from the primary to build 1 War Sun (12R), 2 Fighters (1R), and 1 Mechanized Unit (2R) at Garbozia.
    Mentak plays on the secondary (SA 2 --> 1), exhausting Lesab (2R), Wellon (1R), and 1 Trade Good (TG 3 --> 2) to build 1 Cruiser (3R) and 2 Fighters (1R) at Moll Primus.
    Yssaril plays on the secondary (SA 2 --> 1), exhausting Ashtroth (2R), El'Nath (2R), and Primor (2R) to build 2 Cruisers (4R) and 1 Mechanized Unit (2R) on Ashtroth.
    Arborec plays on the secondary, exhausting Nestphar (3R), Capha (3R), Cormund (2R), Thibah (1R), and 1 Trade Good (TG 6 --> 5) to buiild 2 Dreadnoughts (10R) at Capha.
    The Yssaril Tribes: Use racial technology to skip turn.
    The Arborec: Activate the Lodor system. (CP 3 --> 2)
    Move in 3 Dreadnoughts, 1 Cruiser, 2 Shock Troops, and 1 Ground Force from Capha.
    The trade agreement between Hacan and Arborec is broken.
    Before the space battle, Hacan plays Action Card "Communications Breakdown" (AC 6 --> 5), preventing play of any action cards for the remainder of battle.
    During the space battle, Arborec damages a Dreadnought and Cruiser, while Hacan loses 1 Dreadnought, 2 Cruisers, and 2 Destroyers; combat resolves in favor of Arborec.
    Land 2 Shock Troops and 1 Ground Force on Lodor.
    Shock Troops take over the Hacan Space Dock, replacing it with an Arborec Space Dock.
    Use Fleet Logistics technology to make a second Tactical Action.
    Activate the Mallice system. (CP 2 --> 1)
    Move in 1 Cruiser and 2 Dreadnoughts from the Arborec home system.
    During the space battle, Arborec damages 2 Dreadnoughts and 1 Cruiser, while Hacan loses 3 Cruisers, 2 Ground Forces, and expends Action Card "Recheck" (AC 5 --> 4); combat resolves in favor of Arborec.
    Land 3 Ground Forces on Mallice.
    Bombardment destroys 1 Winnu Shock Troop; combat resolves in favor of Arborec.

Current Map: Round 7, Action Phase Update 3

Current Technologies

Victory Points and Objectives
    The Winnu: 6 VP
    The Mentak Coalition: 6 VP
    The Emirates of Hacan: 5 VP
    The Arborec: 3 VP
    The Clan of Saar: 2 VP
    The Yssaril Tribes: 2 VP

Public Objectives
    [1 VP] I won a Space Battle against at least 3 opposing ships in one system this turn.: Mentak, Winnu, Saar, Hacan, Arborec
    [1 VP] I now spend 3 Command Counters from my Command and/or Strategy Allocation areas.: Winnu, Mentak, Arborec
    [1 VP] I control Mecatol Rex.: Mentak, Winnu
    [1 VP] I successfully invaded one planet containing at least 1 opposing Ground Force or Mechanized Unit this turn.: Yssaril, Hacan, Mentak, Winnu
    [1 VP] I have 5 Technology Advances.: Hacan, Winnu, Mentak, Saar, Arborec
    [1 VP] I control 5 planets outside my Home System.: Mentak, Yssaril
    [2 VP] I have 5 Technology Advances of the same color. RED TAPE
    [GAME OVER] Imperium Rex: As soon as this card is revealed, the game ends immediately. The player with the most victory points wins the game. RED TAPE
    [2 VP] I control the Mecatol Rex system and at least 3 systems adjacent to it. I "control" a system if I have at least one (non-Fighter) ship there, and I control every planet in the system. RED TAPE
    [WIN] Domination!: I control all the planets in the Home Systems of two other players and have at least 4 (non-Fighter) ships in each. RED TAPE
    [2 VP] I won two Space Battles this turn, each in different systems and against at least 3 opposing ships.: Hacan

Secret Objectives
    The Emirates of Hacan: 1 Secret Objective
    The Arborec: 1 Secret Objective
    The Clan of Saar: 1 Secret Objective
    The Winnu: 1 Secret Objective
    The Mentak Coalition: 1 Secret Objective
    The Yssaril Tribes: 1 Secret Objective

Special Objectives
    Corrupt Empire - The next player to attack Saar gains 1 Victory Point. This card is then discarded from play. Winnu

The Emirates of Hacan - robinlambert
    Trade Goods: 0
    Action Cards: 4
    Political Cards: 3

Strategy Allocation: 0
    Fleet Supply: 6
    Command Pool: 2

Trade Contracts: (Hacan [3], Hacan [3])
    Technology: Sarween Tools, Neural Computing, Neural Motivator, Hypermetabolism, Stasis Capsules, Cybernetics, Assault Cannon, Production Centers, Quantum Datahub Node

Worlds:
    R - Arretze (2R, 0I)
    X - Hercant (1R, 1I)
    R - Kamdorn (0R, 1I)
    R - Mecatol Rex (1R, 6I)
    X - Arinam (1R, 2I, B)
    R - Meer (0R, 4I)
    R - Quann (2R, 1I, G)
    R - Saudor (2R, 2I)
    The Arborec - Lykouragh
    Trade Goods: 5
    Action Cards: 3
    Political Cards: 1

Strategy Allocation: 0
    Fleet Supply: 5
    Command Pool: 1

Trade Contracts: Mentak [1] (Arborec [2])
    Technology: Gen Synthesis, Stasis Capsules, Neural Computing, Neural Motivator, Hyper Metabolism, Fleet Logistics, Type IV Drive, Spore Acceleration

Worlds:
    X - Nestphar (3R, 2I, G)
    X - Capha (3R, 0I)
    X - Cormund
    X - Lodor (3R, 1I, G)(2R, 0I)
    X - Mallice (0R, 3I)
    X - Thibah (1R, 1I)
    The Clan of Saar - Kaneski
    Trade Goods: 1
    Political Cards: 3

Strategy Allocation: 4
    Fleet Supply: 5

Trade Contracts: Yssaril [1] (Saar [2])
    Technology: Antimass Deflectors, Maneuvering Jets, Gravity Drive, Light/Wave Deflector, Cybernetics, Neural Computing, Assault Cannon, Duranium Armor

Worlds:
    X - Lisis II (1R, 0I)
    X - Ragh (2R, 1I)
    R - Mehar Xull (1R, 3I, B)
    X - Qucen'n (1R, 2I)
    R - Rarron (0R, 3I, G)
    The Winnu - caliber
    Trade Goods: 0
    Political Cards: 2

Strategy Allocation: 2
    Command Pool: 3

Trade Contracts: (Winnu [3], Winnu [1])
    Technology: Stasis Capsules, Neural Computing, Neural Motivator, Hypermetabolism, Fleet Logistics, Type IV Drive, XRD Transporters, Duranium Armor, Micro Technology, War Sun, Bioptic Recyclers

Worlds:
    X - Winnu (3R, 4I, Y)
    X - Garbozia (2R, 1I, G)
    X - Hercalor (1R, 0I, Y)
    X - Industrex (2R, 0I, R (x2))
    X - Lazar (1R, 0I)
    X - Sakulag (2R, 1I)
    X - Tiamat (1R, 2I, Y)
    The Mentak Coalition - Fidoh
    Trade Goods: 2
    Action Cards: 3
    Political Cards: 2

Strategy Allocation: 1

Trade Contracts: Arborec [1] (Mentak [1])
    Technology: Micro Technology, Transit Diodes, Gen Synthesis, Stasis Capsules, X-89 Bacterial Weapon, Cybernetics, Neural Motivator, Magen Defense Grid

Worlds:
    R - Moll Primus (4R, 1I)
    X - Lesab (2R, 1I, G)
    R - Torkan (0R, 3I, B)
    X - Wellon (1R, 2I)
    The Yssaril Tribes - MrBody
    Trade Goods: 1
    Action Cards: 10
    Political Cards: 5

Strategy Allocation: 1
    Fleet Supply: 8

Trade Contracts: Saar [1] (Yssaril [2])
    Technology: Light/Wave Deflector, Magen Defense Grid, Deep Space Cannon, Graviton Laser System, Hylar V Assault Laser, Graviton Negator, Mageon Implants

Worlds:
    R - Retillion (2R, 3I)
    X - Shalloq (1R, 2I)
    R - Abaddon (1R, 0I, R)
    X - Ashtroth (2R, 0I)
    X - El'nath (2R, 0I, B)
    X - Loki (1R, 2I)
    X - Primor (2R, 1I, GF (x2))
    X - Tequ'ran (2R, 0I, R)

Neutral Worlds and Special Effects
    Strategic Planning - Arborec will not need to pay Command Counters from Strategy Allocation to play on secondary abilities of Strategy Cards during Round 7.

Multiculturalism - Yssaril has copied the following racial ability for the duration of Round 7: Your Ground Forces have a production capacity of 1. You may not produce units with Ground Forces that have moved during the same activation.

Enhanced Armor - Arborec's Cruisers have the "sustain damage" ability until the end of Round 7.

Armistice - Yssaril may not invade Mecatol Rex until after the end of Round 7.

Order of Play
    The Emirates of Hacan: (1) Leadership Current Player
    The Mentak Coalition: (2) Diplomacy II
    The Clan of Saar: (3) Assembly
    The Winnu: (4) Production
    The Yssaril Tribes: (6) Warfare II
    The Arborec: (8) Bureaucracy

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    @MrBlarney

I never sent in my orders for the second battle as I was at work.

I messaged during the battle to stop so I could play an AC. You can see the time stamps on my messages.

I still want to play that action card.

Thank you.

robinlambert on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    So does that count for the "I invaded..." objective? Bombardment is technically during the invasion step right?

Edit: Actually, don't we have the following houserule? "MU: Can be damaged (but not destroyed) by bombardment and PDS fire."

Lykouragh on
  • Options
    The Battle is not over yet so it doesn't count for anything.

Can no one see my comments?

• Options
    Sorry, I was posting through the full battle, so I didn't see the posts you made, robinlambert. To make certain, you were going to play Recheck on one of your Cruisers' missed rolls?

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Yes. On a Cruiser Miss.

Thank you.

If it doesn't work, no change in outcome.

If it works, things could change.

Thank you.

• Options
    Righto.

Geth roll "1d10t7" for Hacan Recheck

Hacan Recheck:
    1d10t7 1 [1d10t7=7]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Combat Round 1 Revision

Hacan plays Action Card Recheck, rerolling a missed attack roll from one of his Cruisers. The result is updated to a hit, damaging one of Arborec's dreadnoughts.

Combat Round 2

As there are still three firing ships on Arborec's side, combat results are maintained as stands. Update post above has been revised to reflect updated conditions.

4463rwiq7r47.png