As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mechwarrior Online] Lobby/Weight matching update on page 93.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Apparently the 40 ton/mech thing might have been from when it was 8v8. Back when it was proposed for 8v8, that total tonnage was 60 tons/mech. Which I think might end up being the right number.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Love the turret idea!

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Love the turret idea!

It's just like the airstrike or artillery, it's an area of denial type thing. I'm all for that.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Guys! Settle down! Do you see that those numbers are in parantheses? They explicitly state that they're not going to be the final numbers. I'm pretty sure we're not playing 8vs8 anymore, so the rest of all that is similarly to be taken with a liberal grain of salt. Ignore the numbers, look at the systems instead. a 40 ton average per pilot would be hilarious, but I seriously doubt that's what it will end up being.

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    60 tons is the halfway point for mechs. Why not stick with that number for average? You can go lighter on 6 mechs and heavier on 6 others or skate the line with a pile of 50-70 tonners.

I can really only go as low as 45 tons and as high as 70 tons. Anything more or less than that and i lose effectiveness. Its my sweet spot.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    60 tons is the halfway point for mechs. Why not stick with that number for average? You can go lighter on 6 mechs and heavier on 6 others or skate the line with a pile of 50-70 tonners.

I can really only go as low as 45 tons and as high as 70 tons. Anything more or less than that and i lose effectiveness. Its my sweet spot.

Well, as has been said, they don't have a solid figure out for the tonnage, so it should be fine.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Doing the math I think I put it at 55 tons as the sweet spot when I was doing tonnage limit stuff a while back. Mostly because it means taking an Atlas is a sacrifice and it makes mediums the meat and potatoes.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    50-55 is basically the "well no shit Sherlock" obvious average point to use.

Always hilarious to see more posts that are 100% just words on a page and offer no real content though.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    The thing that concerns me about turrets is that PGI probably thinks the problem with the current gametypes is that there are too many light, fast mechs capping, and turrets will help keep those dastardly lights from spoiling the fun of all the plodding fatties.

EDIT: To be fair, I'd be happy for any meaningful amount of content that breaks the game out of the current stale rut.

Ninja Snarl P on
    CAn't wait for that new map!

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Nice that they're straying from the lore on Clan tech. Released as-is, it would be a nightmare to balance. Also interesting that customization for Clan 'Mechs is apparently going to differ from IS 'Mechs. Omnipoints?

5gsowHm.png

If it's "ready for release", does that mean we get it in tomorrow's patch? There is a patch tomorrow, right?

Kashaar wrote: »

If it's "ready for release", does that mean we get it in tomorrow's patch? There is a patch tomorrow, right?

No idea, and ... yes?

Hero Jenner - Oxide

O9pxWiV.jpg

Stabbity_Style.png
    Like the paint scheme on that one!

Apparently it might have 4 missile slots?

4xSSRM2's on a Jenner would be pretty amazing.

Stabbity_Style.png
    Shit yes. I need a 3rd Jenner. Glad i didnt buy the K yet.

kx3klFE.png
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    3xSRM4 1xLRM5 FTLOL

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    If I can deploy one on a locusts head, that would be baller.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    I love how they have basicaly coined their own trademark.

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE - SOON™

kx3klFE.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

Blizzard's gonna sue.

• ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Blizzard's gonna sue.

Not if Valve sues them first!

But lets be honest, neither Blizzard nor Valve will actually get around to it before we actually have giant robots.

8R7BtLw.png
  • Red M3naceRed M3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2013

Yessir, I'll be buying that. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up on how effective it will be. 4xSSRM will be okay for light hunting, but not much else. SRMs are a crap-shoot (until they get fixed). And LRMs...well, I don't do LRMs.

I'm surprised they shuffled up the order. I was expecting a hero Hunchback before the Jenner.

Red M3nace on
    red-m3nace.png
  • wreckzorswreckzors Registered User regular
    I was hoping for a hero raven to be honest.

Red M3nace wrote: »

Yessir, I'll be buying that. Though I'm not going to get my hopes up on how effective it will be. 4xSSRM will be okay for light hunting, but not much else. SRMs are a crap-shoot (until they get fixed). And LRMs...well, I don't do LRMs.

I'm surprised they shuffled up the order. I was expecting a hero Hunchback before the Jenner.

Id probably skip on a hero hunchback, depending on hardpoints and engine limit. I already have 3 and the one id get rid of i cant because its the founders G.

kx3klFE.png
  • XandarXandar Registered User regular
    Apogee wrote: »

Blizzard's gonna sue.

Not if Valve sues them first!

But lets be honest, neither Blizzard nor Valve will actually get around to it before we actually have giant robots.

Both will beat UI 2.0 to market... :-P

I am amazed at how shitty all aspects of development are sounding right now: Nebulous CW, abandonment of their information warfare concept, match making implementation sounds terrible, no details about HOW the tonnage is restrictions will actually work, making it so you can be trolled at match ready or get grief if it takes you too long to get ready yourself, no acknowledgment that missiles are not working properly and still no weapon tutorial or mechlab information on ghost heat all supposedly due to a UI that totally stinks at one of its core functions: mech design. And its going to be buggy when released... because? Oh and now a game mode where I can all but guarantee assholes will find a little hole to hide in and power down just to fuck with people.

Have these guys made any GOOD decisions in the last 6 months? Nerfing of seismic is the only thing that comes to mind. I guess the realization that Clan equipment is ridiculously overpowered compared to 3050 IS gear and there is no real balancing factor to it (well outside of asymmetric fights but that would require match-making that actually works so non-starter there...) but seeing as how nothing has actually been created yet not sure that counts.

Oh Battletech, how I wish I could quit you.

OsokC8u.png
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    wreckzors wrote: »

Honestly the Jenner is a good choice. There is practically no variety in the chassis. Spider would also have been a great choice. Thanks to engine buffs, the Raven 2X and 4X are viable, and they're different enough from each other and the 3L.

Honestly the Jenner is a good choice. There is practically no variety in the chassis. Spider would also have been a great choice. Thanks to engine buffs, the Raven 2X and 4X are viable, and they're different enough from each other and the 3L.

Oh god. A hero Spider. With missiles. Can you even begin to imagine the hate that would get? :D

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular

Oh god. A hero Spider. With missiles. Can you even begin to imagine the hate that would get? :D

Very little, because missiles are a crapshoot and Spiders die properly now. :p

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

So, what would you put on a hero spider that you can't already get? It seems the available spider chassis have energy and ballistic pretty well covered, as well as jump jets. So, hero spider would pretty much need some missile points to set it apart from the group.
    Maybe a higher engine rating or dual AMS slots?

• NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »

So, what would you put on a hero spider that you can't already get? It seems the available spider chassis have energy and ballistic pretty well covered, as well as jump jets. So, hero spider would pretty much need some missile points to set it apart from the group.
    Maybe a higher engine rating or dual AMS slots?

A missile loadout is the obvious add for a hero Spider, agreed. I just wouldn't get too excited, because if missiles on a Commando or Jenner/Raven aren't particularly impressive, there's no reason to think they'll be ridiculous on a Spider.

A quick trip to the mechlab tells me that with max armor, a max (285) XL engine, and Endo, leaves you with approximately 7.5t of space to work with (could shave some armor for some more weight). At best you're probably looking at 4xSSRM(1t), SRM12(1t), LRM15(1t), or some odd mix. It could be fun, but it's not going to be crazy.

Interestingly enough, there isn't a single canon variant of the Spider that equips missiles. Not that that would preclude a hero variant from having them.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • EnialisEnialis Registered User regular
    Wouldn't suprise me if they skipped the Hunchback to avoid medium overload with Sabre dropping on the 17th. Will be interesting to ser what the do for the Hunchback hero, the existing variants have basically ever weapon combination covered except middle+ballistic, which the Shadowhawk already does better.

edited December 2013
    PATCHNOTES!!!!

spoilered for huuuuuuuge.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/143921-patch-day-december-3rd/
    UPDATE

Greetings MechWarriors!

Our Black Friday sale is over and your MC stockings must be full. To fix that, I give you the first patch of December as we head into the holiday season.

Finally “Oxide” the Jenner hero is here! Having a 30% C-bill boost on a Jenner is like a license to print C-bills! Buy some Premium time and you will become a C-billionaire* in no time! I only hope this falls into the right hands and that you use these powers for good and not evil.

Our newest Champion is a Highlander and it joins the Ranks of the Trial ‘Mechs. Try it out all week and see if this build is for you. It goes on Sale on Dec 10th and will be loaded with a 10% XP boost. If you were planning on mastering your Highlanders this month, this is the perfect way to get it done.

If you are feeling festive we have a bunch of new holiday themed Items! If you see something you like, buy it! These cockpit items are seasonal.

Spawn points have been redistributed on Most maps and in some cases the spawns change depending on mode. For some maps this is really going to shake things up.

Hit box fixes Round 2! Dragons, Centurions, Cicadas, Trebuchet, and Atlas’! Is there an old favorite in there? A ‘Mech you have been meaning to master? Either way you need this info, If you aren’t piloting one of them, you’re sure to be shooting at them!
    See you on the battlefield.

-Matt Newman
    *there are currently no C-Billionaire’s in the game

Content

New Hero Mech
    "Oxide" JR7-O

Tonnage: 35
    Engine: 235 Standard
    Top Speed: 108.7 kph
    Max Engine Rating: 300
    Torso Movement:
    110 degrees to each side.
    20 degrees up and down.
    Arm Movement:
    0 degrees to each side.
    30 degrees up and down.
    Armor: 128 (Standard)
    Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
    Weapons & Equipment:
    Left Arm: SRM 4
    Center Torso: LRM 5 x2
    Right Arm: SRM 4
    Hardpoints:
    Left Arm: 1 Missile
    Left Torso: 1 AMS
    Center Torso: 2 Missile
    Right Arm: 1 Missile

Heat Sinks: 10 Double

Jump Jets: 0 (0 Max)

ECM Capable?: No

Module Slots: 2
    Movement Archetype: Tiny
    Quirks: 20% slower acceleration
    30% C-Bill Bonus
    New Trial Champion Mech

HIghlander HGN-733C©

Tonnage: 90
    Engine: 300 Standard
    Top Speed: 54 kph
    Max Engine Rating: 325
    Torso Movement:
    90 degrees to each side.
    20 degrees up and down.
    Arm Movement:
    10 degrees to each side.
    30 degrees up and down.
    Armor: 558 (Standard)
    Internal Structure: Endo-Steel
    Weapons & Equipment:
    Left Arm: Streak SRM 2
    Left Torso: Streak SRM 2 x2, Beagle Active Probe
    Right Torso: ER Large Laser x2
    Right Arm: AC/10
    Hardpoints:
    Left Arm: 1 Missile
    Left Torso: 2 Missile, 1 AMS
    Right Torso: 2 Energy
    Right Arm: 2 Ballistic

Heat Sinks: 16 Double

Jump Jets: 2 (4 Max)

ECM Capable?: No

Module Slots: 2
    Movement Archetype: Huge
    New Holiday Cockpit Items

Standing items:
    Holiday Stocking
    Holiday Snowman
    Hula Elf
    Golden Package
    Snow Globe
    Hanging Items:
    Candy Cane
    Holiday Ball
    Holiday Mistletoe
    Holiday Star
    Snowflake
    Mounted items:
    Blue Lights
    Green Lights
    Red and White Lights
    White Lights
    Yellow Lights
    Gameplay
    New spawn point layouts in each map. Spawns are further separated by lance in all game modes. Most maps will have different spawn layouts per game mode.
    Hitbox adjustments:
    Dragon
    Side Torsos climb the side of the Center Torso by approximately 5%. This slight change is meant to mitigate some of the damage that the huge Center Torso takes from both direct and splash damage types.
    Pelvis has been adjusted so that a much smaller section of it applies damage to Center Torso with the rest of it going to Left and Right Leg.
    Centurion
    There were 2 sections on the side of the Centurion's head that were applying damage to the Left and Right Arm. These have been corrected and now apply damage to Center Torso.
    The Front Center Torso of the Centurion was very narrow. The upper section of the Front Center Torso (hips and above), has been widened by approximately 10%.
    Pelvis has been adjusted so that a much smaller section of it applies damage to Center Torso with the rest of it going to Left and Right Leg.
    Cicada
    Rear Center Torso was too narrow on this BattleMech. It has been widened by approximately 5%.
    Trebuchet
    There were two components at the hip of the Trebuchet that were applying damage to the Left and Right Leg. This has been corrected to apply damage to the Left and Right Torso.
    The head hitbox of the Trebuchet was slightly too large. It has been reduced by approximately 5%.
    Atlas
    There was a mislabled hitbox on the Atlas' right hip that was applying damage to the Left Torso. This has been fixed.
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed a bug where "Fire Selected Weapon Group" was not working when set in the Alternate key map column.
    Fixed a number of locations where players would get stuck on geometry in Frozen City, Crimson Strait, and Forest Colony maps.
    General
    Greater visual weapon customization for the Jenner variants. Their appearance will better reflect the weapons that have been equipped on them.
    New MechLab icons for all Jenner variants.
    Reduced the size of the AC/20, AC/5, LB 10-X AC, and Ultra AC/5 models used on the Catapult.
    New visual effects when 'Mechs hit the ground on death
    New visual effects when walking through lava
    Flamers now cast light starting on high spec
    - The MechWarrior® Online™ Team[color]

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
    Yes, you read that right. All. Missile. Jenner.

...pass. :( i dont have an A1 for that reason.

kx3klFE.png
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    So the new map is ready for release...but they don't release it? Lame.

jgeis wrote: »

Soon as the MWO forums are back up, I'mma gonna be bitchin' bout that one!

jgeis wrote: »

Probably got ready for release after the code freeze for the patch. Hopefully it'll make the next one.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    Hrm...My hero HBK would be....

4SP style hunches:

"The Notre Damned" a haunting color palatte.

L-Arm: 1 MPLs
    R-Arm: 1 MPLs
    Head: 1 Mpls
    RT: AC 10
    LT: 2 ML's, ECM
    RL: ac10 ammo
    LL: ac10 ammo
    XL 260 (ME rating 260)

DHS, ENDO

I think that leaves 5 tons free for heat sinks..so maybe swap some stuff...anyway that's my wish fulfillment mech.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
    Elbasunu wrote: »
    Hrm...My hero HBK would be....

4SP style hunches:

"The Notre Damned" a haunting color palatte.

L-Arm: 1 MPLs
    R-Arm: 1 MPLs
    Head: 1 Mpls
    RT: AC 10
    LT: 2 ML's, ECM
    RL: ac10 ammo
    LL: ac10 ammo
    XL 260 (ME rating 260)

DHS, ENDO

I think that leaves 5 tons free for heat sinks..so maybe swap some stuff...anyway that's my wish fulfillment mech.

Isnt this just a 4H + ECM?

kx3klFE.png