As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    A heavy package arrives addressed to Allforce!

GiftGet4b.gif

Three packages neatly wrapped! With notes!

20131203_163108_zpsfef7b003.jpg

First package! It's from "Belligerence"! I'm often belligerent so this is a great start!

20131203_163208_zpsbdd4ff1d.jpg

It's a fantasy book from the co-auther of The Wheel of Time series! I've been interested in that series before but haven't picked the books up, so this will get some eye-time. Thanks!

20131203_163402_zpsa3641aa6.jpg

Second package note. Unfortunately I do not have many real life friends. But I have slaves kids and a wife so they will do in a pinch

20131203_163228_zps2445c5d8.jpg

It's a crazy looking tabletop game (that seems kid friendly)! Awesome work stalking me, this looks like a good time

20131203_163530_zpsfd881ab5.jpg

Third package note, ominous!

20131203_163247_zps28f14f82.jpg

It's The Wolverine on blu-ray/dvd combo disc! With Ultraviolet Digital code! Closing in on 300 blu-rays owned, and this was one I did NOT own so thanks again!

20131203_172719_zpsb2a980d6.jpg

The whole haul with R2D2 looming over it. Thanks a ton @belligerent (I'm assuming it's you despite the note saying Belligerence)! Unless there are two? I searched and came up with only the first user.

20131203_163712_zps0e035349.jpg

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh man, I love Brandon Sanderson novels. Definitely enjoyed that one too, it's the first part of his giant fantasy series.
    Apparently I'm in the minority around here but whatever.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Munchkin is super fun.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh man... I'm still waiting to get your stuff delivered to me, let along turn it back around. slacker santa is me

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    My Santa just asked if I've been naughty and been buying myself stuff, implying he or she has not yet made the final gift purchases...but I'm well aware this could be a long con and that they might just be throwing me off the scent.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I have that same R2 D2 cooler in my classroom. It fascinates my kids to no end.

And while "serious" tabletop gamers may scoff at Munchkin, those people take gaming way too seriously. It is ridiculously good fun with the right group of people. Especially when you start collecting the shirts, bookmarks, and other SJG chotchkes that let you cheat.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Oh, santa, I'm sorry but I bought the latest Humble Bundle. I bought it without thinking when I saw it for $3.90. Please don't hurt me?

Oh santee! There's a box headed your way! :D:D:D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Hello, Santa!
    I'm sorry I've been quiet for a while - a combination of work, work, ME-ness because of work and a few other things have got in the way of stuff. I'm back now and raring to go!!

Santee, I took yesterday off work, and after some judicious stalking and chatting to your Steam friends I chose a picture to paint. Well, I chose several, and after discussions with people chose one particular painting to do. Yesterday I painted all day; I hope you like the results. I'll be posting it off to you at the end of this week, there's just a couple of things I need to finish off before I do. Now, you will have said if you don't like chocolate, won't you? I hope you do, as I'm going to be sending you some :)

On a totally unrelated note, this evening LewieP restored all my music from my broken external hard drive, and I now have lots and lots of music to listen to. I'm happy :)

I'm also baking a chocolate cake, but its not for you, Santee, sorry.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Glad you got that stuff. I figured I had the best shot with a movie that came out today.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif
    SECRET SANTA III: HE SEES YOU WHEN YOU'RE SLEEPING

Santa has bestowed the Humble Jumbo Bundle upon me!
    Among it are such fun-looking games as:

30e16a2b581772ff6b5e29b7bfc2dff8d9204d59.pngNatural Selection 2
    644f8417d17ae0b0b285bbb18cbbd24e98f1cf1f.png Sanctum 2
    c1d06bb0216f97caebb04e085341ab61507afb36.png Magicka
    90c982db42211847cd63ff11315c726779d6b54e.png Orcs Must die 2
    6034d8147507e041034b0b31d3d9e9a624b21d26.png Garry's Mod
    0d50d2ee2cfb2706b826e099b0b050cba34aef6f.png and Serious Sam 3!

These games will be put to great and festive use, santa!
    I do, however, have a few of these games. Santa has given me the all clear to re-gift these.
    SO! The first folks who send me a PM with:
    *A christmas joke/story
    *Which game you want
    Will get said game. Unless it's already claimed!

Up for grabs:
    *Orcs Must Die 2
    *Magicka
    *Garry's Mod

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    My Santa has still not revealed him/her-self, and apparently reverse stalking is not me. This leaves me suspicious...and hostile. I will use this hostility upon MY Santee and reign blows of joy and cheer upon their head. Is the anticipation killing you, those that have not been gifted? Maybe I'm talking about you..

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Sorry santee, not arriving until the 10th. Live in a closer realm! Like, uh, New Zealand. (I think that was my target last year...)

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i got a proxy message with a tracking number

squee!

• Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

Just got gifted by @TeeMan!
    EjlAPq9.jpg

Boy that's a lot of stamps! Must be from Australia.

nNgsZCh.png
    teowYCB.jpg

Ooooh that's a nice letter! Handwritten too!
    K5cjozs.jpg

Chocolate! Vegemite! And more Chocolate!

I love chocolate!

Did_you_say_chocolate__by_cusackanne.png

Thank you for the gifts! These will all be eaten quickly!

Also I have no children at all (snip snip), but plan on having plenty of cat children.

At least five.

THANK YOU!

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Man that is a shitload of stamps! After paying for shipping the nice lady behind the counter just stamped it once, didn't coat the whole box. Glad you like the goodies :D If you'd like some further instruction about how to utilise the Paste of the Gods, send me a PM

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Sounds like NSFW videos are being exchanged here...

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i got a proxy message with a tracking number

squee!

Man, those are the worst.
    I'm watching my present head to Santee. Hruuuuuuuggggggggggghhhhhhhhh get there sooner!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Oh, santa, I'm sorry but I bought the latest Humble Bundle. I bought it without thinking when I saw it for $3.90. Please don't hurt me?

Oh santee! There's a box headed your way! :D:D:D

I did the same thing. And Shadowrun Returns. I am weak.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Oh man. I've been picking up random crap on steam during the sale and the Humble Bundle.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Santa, not buying anything until I hear from you. >_> Well, except a couple of graphic novels...

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Hello, Santa!
    I'm sorry I've been quiet for a while - a combination of work, work, ME-ness because of work and a few other things have got in the way of stuff. I'm back now and raring to go!!

Santee, I took yesterday off work, and after some judicious stalking and chatting to your Steam friends I chose a picture to paint. Well, I chose several, and after discussions with people chose one particular painting to do. Yesterday I painted all day; I hope you like the results. I'll be posting it off to you at the end of this week, there's just a couple of things I need to finish off before I do. Now, you will have said if you don't like chocolate, won't you? I hope you do, as I'm going to be sending you some :)

On a totally unrelated note, this evening LewieP restored all my music from my broken external hard drive, and I now have lots and lots of music to listen to. I'm happy :)

That's okay, I'll accept my cakes in Jaffe form!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    GiftGet4b.gif

@Teeman just gifted me

Skyrim on PC

and

A year of PS+

Seriously awesome.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Hello, Santa!

David Jaffe cakes?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Hello, Santa!

David Jaffe cakes?
    Normal_sg1_914_2114.jpg

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

Just received Natural Selection 2! Thanks @Kendrik!

Never seen this game before, but looks really cool after watching some vids. Totally forgot about this game! Put it on my wish list awhile ago ha! FPS and RTS...Yes!

Can't wait to try it this weekend!

Thanks!

I'm a huge silly goose and this was just a random gifting by an awesome PAer! Haha sorry real Santa. Thanks again spontaneous Santa Kendrik!

Nothing more to see here!

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Holy shit, Santa strikes again with a totally not official...

GiftGet4b.gif
    This isn't really based on stalking or anything. Merely the presence of a Humble Bundle during a time of giving is more then enough reason for Anonymous Santa Random Number to bloat your backlog. That and feeling bad about not actually shipping anything yet.

Some games you've already got, but as I mentioned, Santa doesn't question the Bundle.

Your Gift URL:
    In this pack: Natural Selection 2, Sanctum 2 and Magicka with two packs of DLC!, also Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack, Garry’s Mod and Serious Sam 3: BFE, and some mystery games for beating the average that will be announced in time. Also, extra exclamation points: !!!, can never have too many of those.

Santa's gonna go hit the egg-nog now, and think about wrapping stuff up and shipping said stuff out.
    What stuff? Oh, wouldn't you like to know...

Anonymous Santa Random Number

I can't believe that even after two humble bundles full off delicious gaming (ow, my backlog!), Santa is still sending more! Santa is the best! Thank you!

And have an egg nog for me. I ended up in the ER last week with immobilizing stomach pains. Maybe gall stones. Maybe a bad case of post flu reflux. The upshot us no alcohol or fatty stuff for me for the week, so, egg nog is right out.

For my part I will intoxicate myself with games! I especially have wanted to try Natuar Selection 2, so thanks again!

Speaking of which, is there a PA NS 2 group?

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Pfft, getting a Vita as a gift is so last year. I'm some sort of Vita-gift getting hipster.

Were you the first to get it? I thought someone else had sent one out tbh.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Pfft, getting a Vita as a gift is so last year. I'm some sort of Vita-gift getting hipster.

Were you the first to get it? I thought someone else had sent one out tbh.

I WAS THE FIRST.

(I've no idea, but no-one else is likely to check).

Also I don't think you've been credited for a gift have you? I mean, I think I've guessed which it is.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Yup. Same again. Think he's still passed out.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    This makes me unreasonably happy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc#t=17

• Options
    GiftGet4b.gif

Holy shit, I think I hit the gift jackpot this year.

I was informed via Proxy that I had multiple packages incoming today, but that didn't prepare me for this:

KbHV9WR.jpg?1

A whopping three packages with one of them being fucking huge!

The contents!

nCJ2vyZ.jpg?2

..this thing!

d1So70z.jpg?2

Plus a grand total of seven presents wrapped by Santa's little helpers at their home base deep in the Amazon forest.

db7mjcM.jpg?2

Ooh, let's see what Santa has to say.

KMB1MTe.jpg?2

A message written in magic ink! Mysterious!

Anyway, let's get down to business, i.e. the presents.

fYLsdKp.jpg?2
    btHd12H.jpg?3
    gOcelGO.jpg?2

Three seasons of "Kommissarin Lund", which Wikipedia tells me is called "The Killing" in English. It's a Danish police procedural that I honestly haven't heard of before, but supposedly it's pretty good as it was nominated for all kinds of awards. Thanks Santa, I'm always happy to try out new things!

Now, prepare yourselves for two extremely gay presents:

P8e5BF4.jpg?3

Tokyo Vice, awesome! I'm a huge fan of the Yakuza games which is how I stumbled upon this book, which apparently delivers some fascinating insights into the Japanese underworld. Thanks a lot!

SQFbt9B.jpg?3

World War Z! I've owned the audio book for ages but haven't actually gotten around to listening to it. The movie was alright but I heard that it doesn't really have much to do with the source material, so I'm really looking forward to checking this out.

88a1Y2I.jpg?3

Lego City Undercover! The Wii U thread is full of praise for this game so if I don't end up liking it, I'm holding you fuckers responsible.

AZqquZd.jpg?2

*squeal* The Making of Star Wars!
    In the October (?) issue of Empire they had this feature on the Making of The Return of the Jedi book, which had some extremely fascinating insights into the production process, for example a transcript of a staff meeting in pre-production where Lucas argues that he doesn't feel like he has to kill a character in order for the movie to have enough emotional impact, or how he apparently flat-out lied to Billy Dee Williams about how big a role Lando would be playing in the movie. Then I found out that there was a book like for each of the movies and this is the one for episode IV. You're the best, Santa!

HKDzZIL.jpg?2

The book is full of neat concept art sketches like this.

The final present:

7TSm1c8.jpg?3
    XpY3S27.jpg?4

Woodford Reserve, a luxury bourbon!

And then I nearly broke it when I found out that it opens like this:

NnXMxmg.jpg?2

(hooray for Halo, Oblivion and Diablo 2 in the background)

3CNjLdw.jpg?3

A fantastic choice, Santa! I absolutely love bourbon and I can't wait to try it. This is definitely gonna see some use over Christmas.

I was informed that another package plus a letter is on its way, but I figured I was gonna make a gift get post already to let Santa know I got everything.
    Again: thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! These are all incredible gifts. Thank you for your generosity!

(I've got a pretty good idea who my Santa is, guess I'll find out soon :P)

• Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

I was informed that another package plus a letter is on its way, but I figured I was gonna make a gift get post already to let Santa know I got everything.
    Again: thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you! These are all incredible gifts. Thank you for your generosity!

Let's see how close you were in guessing who your Santa was... ;)

• Options
    deveric wrote: »
    Maz- wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Let's see how close you were in guessing who your Santa was... ;)

You sneaky bastards.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Das ist geheimnisvoll!

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Guys I need help.
    What do I have to do to mail a letter to Canada? Can I just put a bunch of stamps on it and mail it away, or do I have to do the whole standing in line at the post office for hours thing?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Daaaamn, that's a sweet haul. Good gifting, santa!

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Grove wrote: »
    GiftGet4b.gif

Just received Natural Selection 2! Thanks @Kendrik!

Never seen this game before, but looks really cool after watching some vids. Totally forgot about this game! Put it on my wish list awhile ago ha! FPS and RTS...Yes!

Can't wait to try it this weekend!

Thanks!

I'm a huge silly goose and this was just a random gifting by an awesome PAer! Haha sorry real Santa. Thanks again spontaneous Santa Kendrik!

Nothing more to see here!

Sorry for the confusion...I keep forgetting to be more specific when I gift-bomb randoms during this season. Enjoy the game, though!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Last call! Anyone want any of the following?
    Orcs Must Die 2 (Complete Pack?)
    Magicka (+ Vietnam DLC, + D&D DLC)
    Garry's Mod

Let me know! If nobody bites, I'm gonna go to the steam thread and offer my bounty to them.
    ;)

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Free steam gifts?

That's awesome!

• Options
    @kirindal, you wanna wait up before you use the code I sent. Seriously 4gb isn't gonna cut it mate :D