As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2013 - SE++ Edition

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    House of Leaves is my favorite book of all time.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »
    @pooka got me a non-Satans present! I will be checking out this game Audiosurf as soon as it finishes downloading! I wish I had all the money in the world so I could quit working and play vidya games.

audiosurf is fun and also the devil, I have more hours played in that than all my other steam games combined and multiplied

Oh my god I just tried for the first time and basically spent the tutorial going AHHHHH WHAT AM I DOING

I think I got it now though

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Goose! while technically you can find your wishlist by going into the address bar and fixing the url, your link in your sig is messed up. Fix it! Please?

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I fixed it. Cannot figure out how you do the smile url though.

• Options
    .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    smile.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/VHNMMQVKH42B/

Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    I fixed it. Cannot figure out how you do the smile url though.

Open an incognito window, put your wishlist in that.

Add the smile bit at the front.

Now when you add it into you sig, include http:// as well.

That should do it.

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    My Lego Star Wars collection was severely lacking lacking in Imperial entanglements.

Well then you are in for some good news tomorrow, hopefully, when the rest of your gift shows up.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Satanmas has come early! I don't have any pictures yet, but I received three boxes

The first, labeled "I don't even know why this is in here, but what the FUCK ever you're getting it anyways", was a copy of READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline. I'm not familiar with the author, but I just finished a book and am looking forward to starting this tonight.

The second tag reads "These ciphers shall reveal unto others just how awful of a human being you are." Inside is Cards Against Humanity, which I've only ever experienced vicariously through Giant Bomb. My friends and I get together regularly on weekdays for drinks, and this will be a great thing to bust out.

Finally, the third card says "This isn't a knife. This is a spoon." which is total bullshit, because it totally was a knife! A really, really nice chef's knife! I can't actually say how unbelievably fucking amazing this gift is--it's a vast improvement over what I'm currently using, so much so that I cooked up a simple hash just to get to use it as much as possible immediately. Good cookware is something I'm desperately lacking, so every upgrade is precious in the extreme.

I'm blown away by the generosity of my dark overlord, and I just hope I can match it! Thanks so much, whoever the fuck you are!

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    what's this? UPS didn't knock -- these were sitting on my porch swing!
    81gk.jpg
    "Saltwater taffy and fudge company"; oh, you can bet this is getting opened first. damn you, UPS, leaving my treat in the sunshine.
    ciof.jpg
    ooh, pretty.

big box, next!
    89da.jpg

first cat investigates.
    jk8x.jpg

that was a big box. this is a large velvet blue bag.
    gbqv.jpg

e4xg.jpg
    a 'Devil Went Down to Georgia' reference, fun! wait...

xdif.jpg
    !!!

and then i tuned it, and cracked into the fudge.
    wweh.jpg
    another of the cute box.

the pride circles closer.
    k0m7.jpg

3cgg.jpg
    fy7w.jpg
    yeah, i tried the peanut butter cup already. yum!

and then i needed to leave and continue the mission i'd interrupted to glee at my Satan gifts.
    this litte guy was hanging out.
    99go.jpg

and here's the haul.
    uqg1.jpg
    with the elder cat looking vaguely towards it, for good measure.
    f37q.jpg

thanks Noggin! i've been plinking at the uke and looking up tabs already. the fudge will slowly disappear over the next week. is that company local to your town? whee!

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    You're welcome, pooka!

Ya, it's somewhat local anyway. I'm not too far from the Ocean City boardwalk and Shriver's is a pretty common stop. Did they label the fudge flavors? If not, they are Chocolate, Peanut Butter Cup, Reese's Pieces, Chocolate Snickers, and Pumpkin.

Hope you enjoy the uke! I'm a string player (bass) so I had to go for that when I saw it in your wishlist =p

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    My apologies for lack of cats, I had pony Gabe and Tycho (another previous Satan gift) fill in...

I picked up from UPS this big box:
    q7fv.jpg

Big blue bag!
    akfa.jpg

Pony Tycho found the tag:
    ioz8.jpg

@SporkAndrew is right, eveyone needs this! THANK YOU!!!
    5qbn.jpg

WOW!!!
    ngbz.jpg

Slacker71 on
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    The gifting of the complete calvin and hobbes continues!

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Dear Satan,

I will be out of town from Dec. 20 to Dec 30. Please plan accordingly, so your satanic gifts aren't sitting unguarded by an empty house (since my garage was broken into last weekend, and about $1.5k worth of stuff stolen, I REALLY don't want stuff sitting around outside).

Sincerely,
    Karrde1842

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Kitties and Calvin and Hobbes?!?

It's a Christmas miracle!

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    oh man I saw that message and knew it was Calvin and Hobbes straight away

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    So @Tankhammer just got me a copy of Worms Reloaded! I don't know if he was my Satan, and I don't see his name on the signups list but a good gifting deed should never go unrewarded!

• Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Slacker71 wrote: »
    @SporkAndrew is right, eveyone needs this! THANK YOU!!!
    5qbn.jpg

Yay, you're welcome! That was actually dispatched first by Amazon, but maybe your mail carrier resented having to lug it around and took their time.

If you have this on your wishlist and get me for Satans, you will be getting it for Christmas. It's a gorgeously put together set of books that if you have any interest in comics at all you need to own.

Chains update: ( @neville )

Bendery It Like Beckham :arrow: Nullzone
    Bucketman :arrow: Sheri
    Legba :arrow: MrDoctorProfessor
    jgeis :arrow: Marathon
    Noggin :arrow: pooka
    PRD :arrow: neville
    Sassori :arrow: Hacksaw
    SporkAndrew :arrow: Slacker71 2
    Uriel :arrow: godmode

??? :arrow: #pipe
    ??? :arrow: Crimson King
    ??? :arrow: fightinfilipino
    ??? :arrow: Isoldae 2 3 4
    ??? :arrow: N1tSt4lker
    ??? :arrow: Schide
    ??? :arrow: THESPOOKY
    ??? :arrow: Tonkka
    ??? :arrow: Usagi
    ??? :arrow: Veldrin
    ??? :arrow: Virgil_Leads_You
    ??? :arrow: Wombat!! 2

The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    So @Tankhammer just got me a copy of Worms Reloaded! I don't know if he was my Satan, and I don't see his name on the signups list but a good gifting deed should never go unrewarded!

Nah I ain't your, I just had an extra copy and you had it on your wishlist. The Steam thread has me in the gift-giving mood.

We ought to play sometime!

• Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    I realized that I have not done a wishlist post..or included a wishlist into my sig.

I'm working on that right now, Satan! Sorry! This is..uh..this time of year sucks at work. Sorry sorry sorry!

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    DrZ just wants tons of Thinkgeek stuff, trust me on this

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Caffeinated soap and bacon in a can.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Caffeinated bacon soap in a can.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Caffeinated bacon soap in a can with Sheldon from Big band theory on the label dressed up as the tenth Doctor Who.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Caffeinated bacon soap in a can with Sheldon from Big band theory on the label dressed up as the tenth Doctor Who.

big band theory, saved for posterity

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    the soap is obviously pressed into the shape of a sonic screwdriver

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    big band theory would be a much better show

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

"God, Shedon, you're stiffer than an alto saxophone reed!"
    *audience laughter*
    "You're such a third chair. Why don't you go oboe yourself."
    *audience laughter, applause*
    *Chuck Lorre buys another yacht*

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

"God, Shedon, you're stiffer than an alto saxophone reed!"
    *audience laughter*
    "You're such a third chair. Why don't you go oboe yourself."
    *audience laughter, applause*
    *Chuck Lorre buys another yacht*

"Man, I'm really in the doghouse now!"

"I'll say! How'd you get stuck in the bass anyways? We'll be right back to spin some more platters after these messages from our sponsor: Marburg Cigarettes recommended by 4 out of 5 physicians."

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    One of the college stations plays reruns of the Tommy Dorsey sHow and I love it

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    The Seasonal Aerospace Tracking Alert Network (S.A.T.A.N.) has just informed me that ordinance has been deployed to my giftee. Expect delivery by week's end!

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Satan has directed his servant to deposit a parcel upon my doorstep!
    RulPL6K.jpg Bella approaches the package with casual indifference

A note!
    H74oDyT.jpg

Satan's bounty!
    ruuqxkN.jpg

Thank you so much Jamie! I've wanted one of these forever but could never justify it for myself. I'm going to dremel the crap out of stuff now. Very awesome. You are a credit to Satans everywhere.

Bonus Cat in a Box!
    n27kxHD.jpg

JimBobtheMonkey on
  • Options
    Satan broke the images! DAMN YOU DARK LORD!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Satan broke in and stole my image tags but I totally beat him at a game of chess or something to win them back.

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Oh my god I want all of these cats

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Kitty

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Satan! Mysterious satan! Satan who apparently angered the UPS guy who repeatedly kicked our door instead of knocking!

Both cats approach, unusual because Milton does not give even one fuck about boxes ever
    38KiqBD.jpg

A SURPRISE for me?
    GUgAQQt.jpg

Bayonetta! I've wanted this for ages but I always put off buying it because I feel guilty buying myself games when I have a backlog. Thank god for Satans, now I don't have to feel bad
    extOSTs.jpg

Enigmatic descriptors
    oD9XhjD.jpg

OH RAD
    syA7Np2.jpg

Pepper is also pretty excited about this
    poLjJl1.jpg

I bet I can guess and I am so excited
    IcesXAV.jpg

HECK YEAH
    e8LvVrA.jpg

Satan got a little dark on that last note
    Ws9hXht.jpg

Totally excited about all this!
    NZWOPGM.jpg

Pepper is also quite excited, and Milton is nowhere to be found
    GVZigfY.jpg

Thanks, Mysterious Satan! I don't know who you are because there's no name! I will put all this to dark and nefarious uses!

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Oh man, Dremels are the most versatile, useful things

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Dear Satan: I was very excited when the door buzzed today, but instead of a parcel or package it was simply a small gaggle of door to door preachers.
    With respect, this is not the gift I'm looking for. More vice, less spiritual enlightenment, please.

Hail Satan!
    ~Rainfall

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my satan's gift has been delivered
    as of yesterday at 2pm

he no post yet tho hmm hope he received it

poo
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Oh hey out there Satan

I guess I should give you a run down of shit I like
    Hi there! I'm a dude who is actually pretty broke all the time. I would say my most commonly used means of entertainment is listening podcasts on the buss. I am a regular listener of; Harmontown, My Brother my Brother and me, radiolab, nerdist, nerd poker, welcome to nightvale and others. I don't really know how that would translate gift wise.

I like video games despite not really playing them that much. I don't have any fancy modern consoles, my tv is shit, and my ipad got a crack in it. That being siad I'll probably get myself a 3DS for christmas if only for the new pokemon.

Clothes wise, Pants I'm a 36 waist, shirts I'm XL. 17 1/2 collar. My favorite color is green.

II'm trying to get into comic books but all the...ongoings feel too intimidating. So If you like to hook me up with some; Thor, Loki, Young Avengers, Hawkeye, Spider-man stuff that would be super sweet.

I like homestuck without being a terrible person about it. So Homestuck swag?

I like dressing fancy even though I rarely have a reason to do so. Bowties and cufflinks and shit would be hella rad.

This discussion has been closed.