As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A box arrived at my door, and I was all like "HA! I know your tricks Santa! Showing up when I don't expect! WELL NOT THIS TIME!"
    Only it wasn't a gift get. It was just a shitty box from stupid thinkgeek, with stupid Doctor Who themed stupid Christmas gifts for my wife/daughter.
    le sigh

I'm watching you Santa. Watching, with my butte ready.

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Gift received!
    I was initially concerned when I read the ups delivery note "Met Customer Boy" but it appears everything is ok as two packages were on my porch when I got home. Working on getting pictures and then will post a proper gift get.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    My wife reports a package at home, which I certainly didn't order...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

Another large package!

F80B9E11-082E-4D75-A0AC-7FE53345F490-305-000000C6425828A2_zpsd788ac99.jpg

Once bitten, twice shy, Santa has been in negotiations with Mrs. Jam to avoid another duplicate giftage.

61C6DAC8-7C5F-4EA0-BAF0-E4C3F6CB5019-305-000000C6497926E2_zps9a08a808.jpg

Eclipse! A giant Sci-Fi 4X board game! This looks sooooo awesome.

2E37D28C-CC9C-4739-BF83-CFBE57100DCE-305-000000C65570756A_zpsbc3747eb.jpg

And so many bits!

D14AC83C-378A-40F1-93B1-508E5B9E2CD1-305-000000C65B9A17A7_zps2ae04797.jpg

SO MANY BITS!

EE5D96EB-ADA0-4207-A7E8-C6591E792350-305-000000C66242F16E_zpsc7ec6571.jpg

Close up of bag of plastic spaceships, because bag of plastic spaceships.

E25E7980-02DD-4777-A757-E64D09AD5167-305-000000C668670738_zpsbdb11986.jpg

This looks amazing Santa! A serious game for serious people and now very much my mission to round up enough of 'The Lads' over the festive period to get this bad boy to the table.

And I even opened it on camera to prove I'm not trying to secretly return it this time :P So sorry about the whole mess before. Stupid Amazon.

Massive thanks @Judge-Z , you rock!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

So I returned home today from work to see my front porch FULL of boxes. That was because I was an idiot. I ordered some boxes from the postal service so that I could ship my santees their presents.
    Instead of ordering 15 boxes total (some extra for ebay stuff), I apprently ordered 15 SETS of 10 boxes.
    Yup. Whee.

ANYWAY! After that the UPS guy came up, laughed, and dropped off a box!
    IMG_20131205_173144_065_zps8764d87f.jpg
    This, children, is a box. You open it. It contains things!

IMG_20131205_173209_317_zpsecf7b60f.jpg
    Here's the message on the box. What ever could it be!? I love me some board games.

IMG_20131205_173249_800_zps2fa99869.jpg
    YES! I've been wanting to get my hands on this one for ages. Thanks a ton, santa! (I hope I finally posted this in the right place on the first try!)

You kick ass! Now to break this thing out at the next game night I have!

(Santa please PM/Proxy me and let me know if this was/wasn't you!)

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Santa has seen fit to visit my home and give me presents - thanks, Santa!

First, the package. My wife wouldn't let me put the dog on the counter to check it out though.
    pa_ss_2013_1_zps5d133a63.png

And second, the contents. Darth Vader and Son and Vader's Little Princess! Thanks, Santa. I can't want to show these to my kids. :)
    pa_ss_2013_2_zps255cf3cb.png

And the note (since it's probably not readable in the pic) says: "I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday and that this little nerdy story can bring you some smiles. From: PA Secret Santa"

Thanks again, Santa, whoever you are! You brightened my day quite a bit! :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b_zpsb34314b9.gif

I had been watching the tracking page that my santa gave me and saw that it was delivered with the note, "Met Customer Boy" which seemed a bit odd. I thought perhaps a neighborhood kid may have absconded with my package. Fortunately, when I got home I found that I was wrong and greeted with two packages on the porch!
    1205131643_zpsfdf2e38f.jpg

I knew my wife had ordered a bunch of stuff from Target, but the other box was from Redmond, WA!
    1205131649_zpsda424cdf.jpg

Opening the box, I'm greeted with what looks like an awesome Penny Arcade 15th Anniversary limited run scarf! Hmm, Santa has apparently been keeping up with my posts in this thread. I hadn't expected it, but I'm floored! My wife's hand can be seen here photobombing my picture.
    1205131701_zpsbcec1545.jpg

But, as I pull the scarf from the box, I find that it's wrapped around something! It's the Penny Arcade Red Tide Paint the Line ECG! This has been on my "get eventually" list forever! Oh, and it's SIGNED by Kiko and Steve!
    1205131655_zps81af4448.jpg
    I love card games, I love ping pong, I love Paint the Line, it's perfect!

Here's me in the scarf. I look terrible since I haven't shaved or gotten a hair cut in a while. D:
    edit: Wow, I am terrible at taking self-shots and not shaking the camera. Sorry about the blur. I'll try to get a better one up later.
    1205132006_zps290fafb9.jpg

Here's my kids with the scarf, watching a video so I can attempt to get a picture (this one out of four actually came out).
    1205131934_zps2dc16e02.jpg

And just to finish off my post, here's a digital version of our Christmas card!
    ChristmasCard_zpsb641eaf1.png

Previous gift from Santa was the Humble WB Bundle!
    HumbleBundle_zpsb252066f.png
    HumbleBundleExtras_zpse4000697.png

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Last year the delivery service lost my SE++ Santee's package along the way.

It was kind of depressing to go from "yay, they should get it soon!" to "Whelp, looks like they dropped it down a well." in the span of a day.

Maybe you got an overzealous postal employee who didn't want to deliver a "Secret Satan" package?

But yeah, that sucks and is everyone's worst nightmare each year. What was the aftermath? Resend everything? Insurance?

I always wonder what happens to stuff that gets lost int he mail like that. Just recently, I received a drafting table and the box was in shambles. Of course, some legs and other parts were missing, but it just makes me wonder. Are there just some table legs sitting around a warehouse now? Did a forklift run over it? Did someone really need those and decide they were going to take them home for crafts?

EDIT:

Look out Santee. I've set tonight aside to figure you out. You're a tough nugget to crack, and it is going to take some dedication to decide what to get you. Get excited, and get ready. It is going to be thoughtful, caring, and perfect, and maybe tasty too.

Maybe.
    Someone's getting a drafting table leg for Christmas.

I got it just now! Yay! When I received the package, I just called the manufacturer and they shipped out the rest free of charge. Lovely!

I also received another notice that I have a package waiting for me in the apartment office, but I think I know what that one is. I think that's 5 packages in the office now that I'll pick up tomorrow. 2 I'm certain of, 1 I think I know what it is, and 2 are a little murky, but my wife has been acting suspicious. We'll see!

Also, Santee, I worked pretty late tonight, and just got home. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to stalk you as hard as I can before I fall asleep after cleaning the apartment and putting a drafting table together!

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    This looks amazing Santa! A serious game for serious people and now very much my mission to round up enough of 'The Lads' over the festive period to get this bad boy to the table.

And I even opened it on camera to prove I'm not trying to secretly return it this time :P So sorry about the whole mess before. Stupid Amazon.

Massive thanks @Judge-Z , you rock!

You're welcome, and Happy Christmas, @Jam Warrior! I hope you get some good use out of it with the crew. We love it every time it hits the table. It's just so elegantly designed, and yes. Soooooo many bits!

Also, I'm very sorry about sending the missus a Wang pic.

And, I may not be quite finished with you! If I can find the right kind of (REDACTED) to fit in a (REDACTED)...

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Damn dude, you have four kids and still managed to find time to solve my stupid puzzle? I am impressed. Also that's a good looking family ya got there. :D

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Damn dude, you have four kids and still managed to find time to solve my stupid puzzle? I am impressed. Also that's a good looking family ya got there. :D

Bedtime is 8:30. :D And thanks!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    The gifts! They are coming!

Got home from what people and had two amazon packages waiting. What could they be? I quickly open the boxes and discover a bounty of gifts!

2013-12-05170417_zpseb3bf381.jpg

Let's open the first! "Hopefully this renews your love for the series"
    2013-12-05170536_zps48ac1053.jpg

Sweet! I been very, very tempted to get this based on the impressions/reviews.
    2013-12-05170516_zps2580230c.jpg

"This has become something of a G&T SS tradition for me, and it's paid off so far!"
    2013-12-05170452_zpsf11a17f6.jpg

Ohhh, I heard of this book before and I been needing something to read!
    2013-12-05202149_zps6d6e2a87.jpg

"You expressed a desire for the US release of Muramasa, and I found this.I have no idea what it is, but it looks fun, so I you enjoy it!"
    2013-12-05170614_zpsf929be04.jpg

The collectors edition of Muramasa for the Vita! Another game I been meaning to get!
    2013-12-05170731_zps20a2f88c.jpg

"Gotta fly this flag proudly in Bible-Land"
    2013-12-05170759_zpsb7e6d274.jpg

Haha. I will proudly display this at work.
    2013-12-05170842_zps5be09bc5.jpg

The entire haul. Thanks so much @Kendrik !
    2013-12-05170909_zps86dec4c7.jpg

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Some awesome gifting on this page!

And I'm sorry Santee! I did not get to stalking you tonight, because they shipped the wrong parts to my drafting table, and I spent a bit of time trying to get in touch with customer service about sending a second package of replacement parts. I guess they just really don't want me to draft.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Ooh, Smallworld is sooo fun, TheRoadVirus. Especially if your co-gamers are goofy and kind of role-play the crazy race/ability combinations that can come up.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    @ArcSyn 4? geez man. I can barely handle one.
    By barely I mean, holy shit am I glad my wife is responsible.

Downer stuff:
    Guys! My contract may not be getting paid! Government stuff is awesome.
    So awesome. D:

Radiation on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Guys! My contract may not be getting paid! Government stuff is awesome.
    So awesome.

I awesomed your post, but you may consider it to also have been ironic.

• Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    Those are some excellent board games. Most people know about how awesome small world is, but Eclipse I dont see as often and I have to say that is one of the best 4X board games I have ever played. For what it is, it actually plays really easily and the resource tracking system is just so good.

Love that game.

Oh, and according to proxy, my package was supposed to be here today. Was super excited.

Came home and asked my girlfriend if it came.

"No, I have been home all day. Well, except for like 15 minutes around 2:30 when I ran to the store"

Oh, ok... I will just check this tracking number. Oh look, delivery attempted... at 2:37. Curses! Hopefully they retry tomorrow, but I will hunt it down if they don't.

If Christmas doesn't come to me, I will come to it!

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Forar wrote: »
    Last year the delivery service lost my SE++ Santee's package along the way.

It was kind of depressing to go from "yay, they should get it soon!" to "Whelp, looks like they dropped it down a well." in the span of a day.

Maybe you got an overzealous postal employee who didn't want to deliver a "Secret Satan" package?

But yeah, that sucks and is everyone's worst nightmare each year. What was the aftermath? Resend everything? Insurance?

It was through Amazon, so they refunded the value and I just picked some other stuff out. Sadly like half the things I sent were out of stock, but luckily the person I was shopping for had a wide variety of interests.

Ooooh, Kyougu, Old Man's War is awesome!

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Small tidbit of interest: before you start despairing over how amazon.com is out of stock on one particular item for your Santee, try checking out amazon.ca (or your equivalent country) to see if they have it.

And well, let's just say my Santee will get all of his gifts before Christmas! :D

• Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif x3
    My santa is a classy dude who may or may not also be a ninja.
    This time I got Starbound, which I am very excited for!
    SS_zps77072538.png
    Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend :D
    I still don't know who my santa is yet, but he is awesome!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Lost wrote: »
    My santa is a classy dude who may or may not also be a ninja.
    This time I got Starbound, which I am very excited for!
    SS_zps77072538.png
    Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend :D
    I still don't know who my santa is yet, but he is awesome!

Say bye to ALL your free time!

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My Santa's gift is waiting for me at the post office, but I had a work function today, and thus the office was closed by the time I got home.
    My Santee's gift is almost there. Tomorrow? Who knows!

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Santa, I have just finished up my semester of school and my final project and I am going to be home almost all day every day until the 21st! Super happy about this semester too, probably been my best that I've had and I've been really proud of my work.

Also, Black Friday deals were kind to me.

I don't own a 3DS still, but I'll probably be playing KH3D and Fire Emblem on my girlfriend's 3DS!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm glad you like everything! Keep an eye on the mailbox, though, as there is more to come. :). BTW, given our proximity, I was tempted to anonymously join one of your meet ups, but I decided that was just a bit TOO stalker-esque. :)
    Kyougu wrote: »

Got home from what people and had two amazon packages waiting. What could they be? I quickly open the boxes and discover a bounty of gifts!

"This has become something of a G&T SS tradition for me, and it's paid off so far!"

"You expressed a desire for the US release of Muramasa, and I found this.I have no idea what it is, but it looks fun, so I you enjoy it!"

The collectors edition of Muramasa for the Vita! Another game I been meaning to get!

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    To my Secret Santa,

I know I'm extremely hard to shop for. If you need any ideas, msg Proxy and I will include a few links of gift lists.

I've been good this year! I promise!!

• Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    My first time doing a Secret Santa for complete stranger. I just took at guess at what to get my Santee (already saw it posted here!), and I was like, "oh yeah, I can use their email to look up Amazon Wishlist!" Thankfully they had the items I ended up getting them on the list anyway!

This was very fun and a feel good activity. Some of you folks are so generous! I hope to have a bigger pocket next year for my Santee.

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Kendrik wrote: »
    I'm glad you like everything! Keep an eye on the mailbox, though, as there is more to come. :). BTW, given our proximity, I was tempted to anonymously join one of your meet ups, but I decided that was just a bit TOO stalker-esque. :)
    Kyougu wrote: »

You should have and call me by my PA forum name just to really weird me out!

• Options
    So I picked up my Santa's package from the post office this morning, waiting until I get home to open it.
    The box itself has many things on it like "Toronto Brewing Company" and "Contains 100 packages of hops" and other labels. Unless it literally contains a ton of hops, I have no idea what's in it. Gotta wait 6 more hours til I'm home to open it!

• Options
    So how big of an classhole is @Nackmatholn?
    One of the biggest.
    I just wanted to bitch a bit about being uncertain of things, and since his last year of gifting also included the gift of online friendship I choose to be a poopypants in chat with him.
    Well, instead of just telling me to man up and stop crying (which would have been sufficient), he gifted me Starbound with a glorious message:
    Happy fat man in a red suit early. No, I'm not your santa again, you just need more addiction. MOAR.

As if I didn't already have enough distractions/obsessions.
    I'll get you back for this. Just you wait.

• Options
    GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

Apparently my santa is not finished with me yet! He wants to do unspeakable things to my wishlist, and told me to Steam a code. I hope that's not slang for something unpleasant. What was pleasant, however, was what I found waiting for me! Only the best tactical turn based strategy in a naval setting where you can take it slow, like a boat!
    header_292x136.jpg?t=1380027686
    If you've never heard of Leviathan: Warships, this video is all you need to know.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxxnq5YAVHw

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Santee! You don't know which one of you is you.
    Anyway, you should have your package on monday!
    I hope it gets there intact, and that you like your thing(s)!

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I have a final item i'm going to pick up, and then this is off to my victi-- i mean santee's house.

The final item may be radioactive scorpions.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    We do need more scorpion based superhumans

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Oh good, my main gift should get to me on monday, then I'll have everything collected and ready to ship sometime during the week with the entire thing getting to my santee the next week.

Plans never go awry, right?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    The last thing I'm waiting on has been listed as invoiced on their site since the 30th... so I have no idea when I will get this in.

• Options
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

So I picked up this box today at the post office.
    Label-2.jpg

Uh....

Label-1.jpg

Alright!

Hops-1.jpg

Errrrrr....

KitBox-1.jpg

Ohhh! Now it all makes sense. Inside the box was this fine Brooklyn Brewshop beer kit, as well as other supplies I'd need for a first attempt at brewing beer.

KitContents-1.jpg

Thank you so much Santa! While I know your real name, i don't know who you are on the forums, although I've had a few indications to expect further details in the mail.

I've never tried to brew before, but love love love beer, so this was absolutely the perfect gift. The hardest part will be waiting four weeks to get to finished product!

My cat is also pleased with your gift to him.

TobyBox.jpg

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular

IMG_2770_zps0063d96d.jpg

Perfect for today's rainy day. While I'm a fan of comics in general, I've never read any Transformer ones, even though I've heard some good stuff over at the GV side of the boards.

The package didn't come with any kind of note, so roll out Secret Santa!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hey, I sent my Santee a beer making kit two years ago because I couldn't be arsed to figure out how to clandestinely ship him beer.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Give a man a beer, and he'll drink for a night. Teach a man to brew, and he'll drink in four or more weeks.

Wait, that doesn't really work as well as I was thinking.

My father in law got a brewing kit last year for Christmas. We never did use it. :(

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Looks like I got Humble Bundled!

hbgtss_zpsfbdfe6a3.jpg

Big thanks to my Secret Santa! Wait? OSTs too! Sweet! I own a few of these games already (don't worry I know of a worth recipient) but the soundtracks are really what I want to get into! More work music is good. :) Also, Santa says there's more... :o Sorry for making you work so hard. I'm not very black/white in what I need or want but know that anything you do is greatly appreciated. :)

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen