As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    There was a package at my doorstep!

I haven't opened it yet though, I need to enlist some canine assistance (and find out where I put the camera...)

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    There was a package at my doorstep, too!

Of things I ordered, quite possibly for my santee. ;)

Left in the rain. :|

Everything was fine, though.

• MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    that moment you know your package has been delivered, but Santee won't acknowledge it

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    A box has arrived! It contained presents! For Santee! Only one more box and some trips to physical stores, and then it'll be off.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Heh. False alarm. It was something I ordered for *my* Santee :p

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif
    Episode II: Santa Strikes Back

SOTNGift.jpg

Awesome! SOTN is a frickin classic, and I love me some Castlevania music. Thank you Santa, whoever you are! You are most excellent.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    Man, so many gift get posts. It just makes the waiting harder.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    In a very special episode of

GiftGet4b.gif

the Santa has become the Santee! A big thanks to @Dyvion for Steamworld Dig! It's awesome, by the way. I'm having lots of fun mining for stuff, exploring caves, and upgrading my pickaxe and carrying capacity. Also, the graphic style is very reminiscent of the SNES which is always a plus for me. Merry Christmas Santa/Santee!

steamworld_dig_zpseb8aa15c.png

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Mystery! Intrigue! Clandestine activities!

My Santa sent me a password-encrypted .zip file that I am unable to suss out!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Mystery! Intrigue! Clandestine activities!

My Santa sent me a password-encrypted .zip file that I am unable to suss out!

I know whats up. I am so excited for this.

I figured out the password.

I am, uh, visibly alarmed.

4hNKbHH.png
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is the password "wang"? It's usually "wang"

In unrelated news, needed something to play for a bit, and it turns out Santa's gift of Guacamelee is pretty good so far. And it's got Steam Workshop support, so I just downloaded a Batman skin, a Manny Calavera skin, and a Johnny Bravo skin.

Thanks, Santa! I thought I had an idea of who you were a few days ago but then I forgot who I thought you were and now I don't want to bother checking!

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    I tried "wang" six or seven times (to be safe) but it didn't work. Turns out it was the markedly more complex "password" that did the trick. And then it opened, revealing the name of my real-life friend and coworker. I should make clear that my friend has never been on Penny Arcade, and would not have been especially easy to track down. Santa is doing some social engineering shit, guys!

Immediately called my friend, and pressed him into revealing that a number of packages are in his possession that I am to obtain as my own. I will get them Monday.

4hNKbHH.png
    I tried "wang" six or seven times (to be safe) but it didn't work. Turns out it was the markedly more complex "password" that did the trick. And then it opened, revealing the name of my real-life friend and coworker. I should make clear that my friend has never been on Penny Arcade, and would not have been especially easy to track down. Santa is doing some social engineering shit, guys!

Immediately called my friend, and pressed him into revealing that a number of packages are in his possession that I am to obtain as my own. I will get them Monday.

I will go on record to say that this is quite possibly going to be one of the most memorable secret santa things done here. Seriously, you have no idea. :)

I AM SO EXCITED

4hNKbHH.png
    GiftGet4b.gif

This isn't a gift get from GnT Secret Santa but a separate one we created on steam with a smaller group of people. I know its a different SS but I just had to show this as its fucking amazing and OH MY GOD WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT. What does he send me? Allow my niece and nephew to show you.......

Ba4GwrhIIAAK-pT.jpg:large

A FREAKING PLAYSTATION FOUR. I AM STILL HYPERVENTILATING. @Antecantelope you are the classiest nutcase and I think you may have given me and my entire family a massive heart attack!

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

I will go on record to say that this is quite possibly going to be one of the most memorable secret santa things done here. Seriously, you have no idea. :)

This is either the pitch for a heartwarming holiday movie or a horror movie starting some sort of holiday killer.

Can't wait to find out which!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

The devilish @deveric, his thirst for giftage still not quenched after his latest massacre, saw it fit to bestow upon me another present:

sP9ttaB.jpg?1

Sweet, thanks! There was a Ghibli / Miyazaki marathon on TV here a couple weeks back where I watched many of the classics (my favorite is Kiki's Delivery Service) but I haven't seen this one yet.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I've heard it's great.

Been warned I have something en route for Monday. I hope USPS doesn't mind holding onto it for me, because unless they leave it at the door, it'll probably go back to their office. The downside of working the proverbial 9 to 5. :(

wVEsyIc.png
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    In a very special episode of

GiftGet4b.gif

the Santa has become the Santee! A big thanks to @Dyvion for Steamworld Dig! It's awesome, by the way. I'm having lots of fun mining for stuff, exploring caves, and upgrading my pickaxe and carrying capacity. Also, the graphic style is very reminiscent of the SNES which is always a plus for me. Merry Christmas Santa/Santee!

steamworld_dig_zpseb8aa15c.png

Oh good! I put so much time into miner dig deep and thought this might scratch that itch, but didn't wanna get burned. Thanks for being my guinea pig!

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    @Big_Classy Playstation Fooooooooooooooooourrrr!!! You deserve it! :D

That picture reminds me of this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I've heard it's great.

Been warned I have something en route for Monday. I hope USPS doesn't mind holding onto it for me, because unless they leave it at the door, it'll probably go back to their office. The downside of working the proverbial 9 to 5. :(

The mailman here just dumps shit on my porch. Maybe leave them a note asking them nicely to put it in <x location> or something?

• mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Maybe I'll give up on all my other gift ideas and just get my santee the iPong Pro Table Tennis Training Robot. It's been on lightning deal so many times. I assume it just shoots ping pong balls at you, and who doesn't want that?

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Hey... Hey, Santee. Guess what? I have stuffz for you. But sadly, you cannot have these stuffz until later. Maybe I send a parcel today. Or maybe I am getting more stuffz. Wouldn't you like to know?

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Uh oh I just got a package!

But I have to be on set in an hour! No time to open yet, but I got it santa. Will make a gift get post late tonight or early tomorrow!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh hey the package i was waiting on is here. their website still says it hasn't shipped. beating the system

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    And we're done! All that remains now is to sit back and wait for Mr. Postman to do his thang.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    First snow of the year fell last night!

(Big Pictures)
    ETPucEh.jpg
    6pcpLZ3.jpg

4hNKbHH.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

AGAIN!

So my Santa sent me a PM via Proxy indicating there may be more gifts coming, but they've gone even further and sent me more digital goodness too!

8L2LThf.png

I am creating my boxy mini right now, thanks Santa! :D

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

AHwjvA0.png

Thank you Secret Santa! I was interested in this when it came out and then I actually forgot to add it to my Wishlist! (Unless it is off my wishlist and yay! My wishlist has gotten unwieldy.) Anywho, it is very appreciated! (And thank you @CorriganX for being the messenger!)

Dear my Santee, gifts are going to coming your way very soon!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santa,
    I may have a chance to snag a cheapish Pikachu 3ds for my kiddo (me).
    I'm going to take it. Not saying that I expect you to buy me a 3ds.
    Just letting you know.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

SEd7WWY.jpg

The gifting does not slow down!

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I will never, ever, get tired of knuckles stage raps. sa2 is my favorite thing in terms of awesomely bad so I had to make sure you had it

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Found a great gift for my target... but so difficult to know if it's something they already have. Frustration. Next, I must try to infiltrate the target's inner circle. This could be dangerous. I'm going in.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Ya'll are making me nervous with the level of stalking you're able to accomplish. I'm going to put this out there for my Santa and will be adding it to my note every year here out. My family does not know where I live or how to contact me for diverse reasons. If you run across anyone with my last name in your stalking do not attempt to contact them. Trust me, it won't end well. My husband is fair game however.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Ya'll are making me nervous with the level of stalking you're able to accomplish. I'm going to put this out there for my Santa and will be adding it to my note every year here out. My family does not know where I live or how to contact me for diverse reasons. If you run across anyone with my last name in your stalking do not attempt to contact them. Trust me, it won't end well. My husband is fair game however.

Note to self: get Elin a family reunion for christmas. It sounds like she'd really appreciate it.

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »

Note to self: get Elin a family reunion for christmas. It sounds like she'd really appreciate it.

No, no she would not. She would have to move and change her phone number. That would totally be the anti present.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    It'd be like that one part of Joe Dirt.

edit: Except not hilarious.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00