As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    My Santee supposedly has received my package two days ago but still hasn't made a Gift Get post. I is sad.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm also hopeful that my Santee is just busy this weekend. My package made it to their door on Friday, I just hope that it made it safely into their possession.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    Just ordered my penultimate gift and I know what the last one will be. Will sort that out next weekend.

Nothing from my Santa yet, so that rules you guys above out! Just a reminder Santa, I leave the address I gave to go visit family in 12 days, so let me know if you'd like the other address.

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    My Santee was a little difficult to stalk, but I think I found a couple things he will like. Keeping my fingers crossed. His gifts should be there this week.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    I sent a preemptive strike, santee. Have an enjoy.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Shopping done! Once it gets to me, I drop a personal note and send it out! I am excited!! I hope my Santee is too.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Santa,
    Do you work for the government? Did you make it snow today? Because the wife, the kiddo and I appreciate it!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

So I'm literally headed out the door to set when I meet the mailman who drops off a package.
    photo1_zps54bd0bff.jpg

Jenova comes to investigate!
    photo2_zpsfd47627e.jpg

Presents! What do we get????

Candy!
    photo4_zps3b875370.jpg

Vidja Game!
    photo5_zps28ff3fcc.jpg

South Park Stick of Truth Figures!
    photo6_zps0ec01432.jpg

And a note:
    14e82a53-088c-4b5e-9f70-e92bf0434a93_zpsdb042301.jpg

Such great giftage!

Come receive your praise @ThePain73!

I'm super happy with everything. Never played a Rachet and Clank so I'm excited to give it a go. Also...that candy....amazing. I've never tried any of those before. What's the name of the Japanese hard candies because those fucking things are amazing.

I'm amazed you rounded out my Stick of Truth collection. I'm so excited for that game, it's great to have Paladin Butters, warrior Stan, Princess Kenny, and The High Jew Elf on hand! Seriously, thank you!

Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Yay got a package in the mail! Lucky my room mate grabbed it before it snowed on Saturday cause I was out of town since Thursday. (Think it arrived on Friday)

GiftGet4b.gif

33vni1w.jpg

Sorry about crummy shot I have shaky hands with the ipad. Hope no one mines the editing cause I'm a weirdo like that! (I like my anonymity)

2db1og7.jpg

Thank you so much! Now to resist the temptation of opening it until Christmas! To be continued.... (If i can resist that long!)

<3 Santa

p.s. Hopefully I uploaded the images properly this time?

p.s.s. Btw I don't think they put enough tape on this box. Scissors didn't do the job so I had to put out a butchers knife and gut the box to get the good stuff out.

Khez on
    76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Grove wrote: »
    Such great giftage!

@Grove I hope you like Ratchet and Clank, that's game 1.5 in the PS3 Trilogy so if you like it give them all a go.

As far as the candy goes.. I have no idea. It's something my wife gets a lot and I figured it's more unique than a basic candy bar you can get at a gas station.

YAY! Glad you liked it all.

P.S.: You were fun to shop for, add me on Steam and PS3, also your cat is a cutie.

P.P.S: I write like a child.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Santa! In case you missed it I now havea ps 4! No games or extra pads yet. In case you needed a hint ;)

• Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Ok my gift has made it to the local distribution center. Santee prepare for potential gifting this Monday

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    That moment you realize your santee is awesome

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    Such great giftage!

@Grove I hope you like Ratchet and Clank, that's game 1.5 in the PS3 Trilogy so if you like it give them all a go.

As far as the candy goes.. I have no idea. It's something my wife gets a lot and I figured it's more unique than a basic candy bar you can get at a gas station.

YAY! Glad you liked it all.

P.S.: You were fun to shop for, add me on Steam and PS3, also your cat is a cutie.

P.P.S: I write like a child.

Will do. Again, thanks man. I've set my girlfriend on the task of tracking down more of those candies.

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Dear Santa,

I have received gifts from your big red sack, but I have been busy celebrating my birthday this weekend, and as such have not had a chance to write up a gift post. I will do so in the next few days.

Sincerely,
    The_Spaniard
    Age 29

P.S. Can you make mommy and daddy stop yelling?
    child-s-drawing-parents-fighting-5771248.jpg

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Are you wearing a dress?

Also Isy got a PS4? That's insane, and awesome.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    That's a lot of cold.
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Are you wearing a dress?

Also Isy got a PS4? That's insane, and awesome.

From a different Secret Santa escapade, but still awesome.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    Gift get! GnT secret santa delivers the most fitting thing ever! The PM said it would arrive Tuesday but I guess royal mail is silly? Not that I'm complaining since I was about to buy it tonight :p

Will post pictures shortly. Also I have a real name but can't figure out who it is. ......

• Options
    edited December 2013
    So before I get to the Gift Get post I think I need to explain just how shitty these past 6 months have been and in particular, these last 30 days. Spoilered for depression.
    Back in September my Brother had a stroke. It was a shock. He has 5 kids so it was terrifying but he made a bit of a recovery, not entirely mind, but enough to carry on with stuff around the house. No work though as it was too much. We gradually accepted it and moved on and for me, it was down to having the folks on steam talking to me and helping that gave me comfort. Starting on building our groundfloor extension so we could have an easy access kitchen and bathroom for my mom really lightened the mood up. Well for everyone but me since I worked nights and the builders didn't :p It was torture, so little sleep and for most of the time i was running on nothing but coffee. So now I had to worry about my brother 200 miles away, an extension that was moving along terribly slowly and work which was really getting to me thanks to a lack of sleep.

Then the big thing happened. On the 20th of November, whilst at work, I got a phone call from my brother. "Nani has passed away"...... I had to ask him to clarify and yeah, I heard right, my nan passed away. I told my manager and headed home to tell me family. We drove all night to get there and my brother and I drove back the same day as the builders were still coming. Yeah, it was pretty full on. I never mentioned it on the forums or in the steam chats, save for a select few individuals including @Antecantlope, @isorn, @malakaius, @aerynkelly and @spoit among others. These guys were simply amazing. I just didn't want to put a downer on the high spirits people tend to be in during this time of year. It was also the reason I never wanted to do the secret santa this year since she'd been ill and everything was a bit full on. See, on the day of their funeral, my brother discharged himself from hospital and tried to attend, since the other two grandsons, myself and my other bro who lives here, couldn't make it. He collapsed there from having another stroke. Couldn't walk. He's only just started putting weight onto his legs since last weeek. But you could imagine the sheer frustration and depression that everyone at home was going through at this time. Gradually we started to get over these things, though obviously its still aching. The finishing of the kitchen and bathroom put everyone in higher spirits but there was still lots of work to do.

And then the gifts arrived. I can't put into words just how much they mean to not just me but my entire family. My mum was in tears that someone could be so kind. So I guess I owe you guys a massive thank you for making this one of the most meaningful and memorable Secret Santa events I'll ever have taken part in.

And now for pics :D
    GiftGet4b.gif

Niece has found a package!
    BbCgUK4IgAAxFth.jpg

uh-oh, she ain't letting go of this one!
    BbCgecRIYAAM6r6.jpg

Apparently I got a PS4 sooner than I thought :lol:
    BbCgsq1IAAAbqsT.jpg

OH MY GOD. I was so close to buyign this last night! I even talked about it in chat! Santa, you freaking nailed it!
    BbCg7sCIAAAkIEz.jpg

WHAAAAAAAAAT!!!!! I now have 3 years worth of full games! I bought two of these last month when we had a special employee discount day. This is gonna come in handy with the new console! :D
    BbChRGTIIAAAAVl.jpg

The full set of secret santa goodies from both santas. REVEAL YOURSELF GNT SANTA SO I CAN PROPERLY THANK YOU! <3
    BbCkwnTIEAA8MmW.jpg

Big Classy on
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Got a note from Proxy the Elf that I can expect things to arrive on my porch soon! I'm excited!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So my Santa sent me a message via proxy letting me know that A)There's still more to come and more importantly B ) There was a method to his madness regarding his first gift salvo.

I'd forgotten about this post I made earlier in the thread:
    noir_blood wrote: »
    My eggnog recipe:
    1.Buy some eggnog and whiskey
    2. Mix the eggnog and whiskey.
    3. Drink.
    4. Cry about how you never got Grimlock as a kid and instead had to settle for that stupid Triceratop Transformer.

Though to be fair, one of the side effects of drinking my eggnog recipe is memory loss.

So thank you Santa, for being more thoughtful than I!

Also, Santee, you should be getting something this week....

noir_blood on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    @Big Classy It was I! Two years in a row!

I had other ideas for you but as soon as I got wind you were getting a PS4 I put those aside and went with the obvious stuff! I started getting nervous when you got the PS4 much sooner than I expected.

I'm sorry you've had a tough year. You, of all people, deserve nothing but the best. I do hope that 2014 brings you better tiding and happiness.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh boy I'm starting to get nervous about the gift I got my Santee. It might not be right, what if they don't like it, what if it smells bad, and what if I am the worst ever!?!

It ain't easy, this gifting.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    @Big Classy It was I! Two years in a row!

I had other ideas for you but as soon as I got wind you were getting a PS4 I put those aside and went with the obvious stuff! I started getting nervous when you got the PS4 much sooner than I expected.

I'm sorry you've had a tough year. You, of all people, deserve nothing but the best. I do hope that 2014 brings you better tiding and happiness.

That is freaking incredible! Two years in a row! I got the best santa! Thanks for AC4, I just played a little and it looks amazing! Then I tried remote play and I feel sick thati gotta go to work tonight and can't play this! :p

Thanks for the kind words but honestly this place is full of amazing people and its my little haven of sanity. Would be lost without you guys. <3

• Options
    Folks in the UK need to band together and get some cheaper prices on video games. Sheesh you guys are getting ripped off! :)

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Oh boy I'm starting to get nervous about the gift I got my Santee. It might not be right, what if they don't like it, what if it smells bad, and what if I am the worst ever!?!
    It ain't easy, this gifting.
    I know the feel, bro.
    On the plus side, FedEx says I only have two more days until delivery, so then I find out if I'm a terrible Santa or an adequate one.

• Options
    My wife still doesn't understand why I do these things. She DEFINITELY can't figure out why I spend more on my Santee than my family. :) She just doesn't understand how great this community is.

• Options
    I wanna be honest here and say that I had already opened the package when I took the picture. I thought it was something else! Your pm via proxy said it would arrive on Tuesday and so I wasn't expecting it today :p

• Options
    Big Classy wrote: »
    I wanna be honest here and say that I had already opened the package when I took the picture. I thought it was something else! Your pm via proxy said it would arrive on Tuesday and so I wasn't expecting it today :p

Bwahah, no problem. I've done that before!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Whee just got notification that the last of my Christmas presents will arrive well in time for me to go see my familty. Shopping complete on the 9th, a new record!

Now to sit back and just holiday cheer the shit out of the rest of my month. Let's make eggnog!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Finally got a chance to round out my gift. Now it's all a matter of assembling it into one bundle of joy and firing it at my Santee's face.

....or front porch, I guess.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I don't know what's going on anymore! Proxy just messaged me telling me there's two more days until my gifts get here.... I'm going to assume Proxy was late?

• Options
    Proxy was late. :) That's alright! Kept it a surprise!

I wanted to make sure that you didn't buy yourself a new game :)

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    My wife still doesn't understand why I do these things. She DEFINITELY can't figure out why I spend more on my Santee than my family. :) She just doesn't understand how great this community is.

Your wife should join the forums. Maybe then she'll finally get something nice for Christmas :P

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options

Did...did you show her the Vita? Because if that doesn't convert her you may have to file for divorce.

:P

• Options
    Maz- wrote: »

Your wife should join the forums. Maybe then she'll finally get something nice for Christmas :P

Hahaha... I just looked and I spent the same amount between Big Classy and my wife.... Maybe I'll buy her some roses too.

Did...did you show her the Vita? Because if that doesn't convert her you may have to file for divorce.

:P

Well she loves the Vita but she doesn't really get the whole "buying gifts for strangers" thing. She's a pretty private person though so I understand. Me? I think of you guys as brothers/sisters more than anything. So it's not strange for me!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I usually just read my wife bits and pieces of the thread each year, noting particular gifts or events that happen, and she has gotten pretty excited about it too. Not super excited, but she finds it interesting and helps out when I'm trying to figure out what to do or when boxes arrive.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    @urahonky

She should join the forums!

My wife @kirbith posts here and is even doing SS.

Which btw, if you are her Santa and you are reading this post give me a heads up via proxy or something so we know you exist.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    It's for the best that she doesn't. I already went way above my alotted Christmas funds. We don't need to add another person to our purchasing list. :)

• Options
    My wife helps me too, which is great. She basically approved this year's gift because I wasn't sure if it seemed creepy. I hope it isn't. It might still be.