As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    See317 was my Santa last year. I can vouch for that Christmas taffy. It's good.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Okay, Santee.

I'm swinging for the fences here.

You're not especially difficult to forum-stalk, but you don't... You don't leave me many hints on things I can actually buy that'll mean anything to you.

But I have an idea. I picked up on ONE small thing you said that makes me think you'll like this idea.

I've always wanted one, but I could never justify spending the money on it. But since it's for YOU, a complete stranger, I think I can do this.

God, I hope you like this.

Pulling the trigger.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Man, I have to say, it feels real good to hit the target with gifts, especially with someone as hard to hunt as Judge-Z.
    @Judge-Z, if you have a kindle (or the Kindle App), Amazon has the first three books of the Temeraire series as an omnibus for eight bucks (it's called "In His Majesty's Service"), so something to consider.

Also, since it appears you don't have a Santa hat yet...
    Untitled-1_zps6aa588c9.gif

Also, a word of warning about Alhazred, it is a pretty gruesome book. Not one I'd suggest leaving around for a young bookworm to pick up. Not unless you like nightmare duty.

• Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet4b.gif

So Proxy pointed out to me that I had a package waiting at my folks house, and an email from GOG.com waiting in my inbox. So I unveil everything...
    ecvx.jpg

qihe.jpg
    The game is definitely bringing back some old school Oregon Trail vibes from looking at its description. And I'm sure that there's something I can use in these books to help my job hunt. Thanks, @Elkatas!

Farangu on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    @see317

I do not have a Kindle. Strange as it may sound, I cannot give up, of all things, the smell of dead tree books. I went ahead and ordered Starstrike, Temeraire #1 and the first Necronomicon book (I'm type A about one thing only - reading books in a series in order.) No worries about the bookworm picking up my books yet. She's trustworthy enough, squeamish enough, and has asked enough questions about my books to know they are Not For Her yet.

Although she seemed disturbingly intrigued by the concept of the graphic novel series, Chew.

Oh, and that puzzle?
    MOTHERFUCKER!

I set it down after I managed to do something that appears to be both unhelpful, and against the laws of physics.

I'll get it, though.

Thanks again for everything!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Regarding the safe:
    I did see a bunch of suggestions, so I apologize if this is a repeat (I couldn't keep em all memorized). But what about ALBW (A Link Between Worlds)? Also, OofT? I was gonna suggest the infamous Lost number sequence but it is too long, so maybe "Lost"?

Santee, don't be intimidated by my post about my package being too big for the box. I always make it fit. And don't think you've been forgotten, I'm trying to time this so it's close to the actual holiday.

Santa... You're driving me nuts!

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    There's apparently a package for me in my manager's office! Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to it until the weekend. The anticipation is killing me!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

I received a key via Proxy (the Elf!) and when input into Steam, it comes out as this!

10552407953_f684306709_o-1.jpg
    Truth be told, I already own this, but haven't played it due to the internet out here not being the fastest for downloading. Someone lucky on my Steam friends list will surely benefit from your generosity!

Another PM told a tale of delivery confirmation at my address. I am in the process of redeploying back home (after 7 months away), and I should be home by Friday. Maybe something is waiting for me there? I have someone checking my mail for me, so it will surely get picked up and be waiting at my house when I return. Stay tuned!

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Why hello there, Santee!

So hey

I was gonna get you two gifts originally, but then money was a little tight, so I had to slim it down to one (even though the one was really awesome)

But then surprise money happened because when I budget I never account for the fact that sometimes I have to work overtime

So that means you now get two, and they will be shipping out soon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dSzaScsWh4

(1:10)

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Oh and P.S. to my Santa

I used the first $10 of that $20 PSN card already

Borderlands 2 is free now on PlayStation Plus, and I adored it on 360 so I couldn't wait to play it again

So I threw down $10 for the Mechromancer because once you go Gaige you never go back

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Okay, Santee.

You're not especially difficult to forum-stalk, but you don't... You don't leave me many hints on things I can actually buy that'll mean anything to you.

But I have an idea. I picked up on ONE small thing you said that makes me think you'll like this idea.

I've always wanted one, but I could never justify spending the money on it. But since it's for YOU, a complete stranger, I think I can do this.

Pulling the trigger.

A Porsche 911 Turbo!? Santa, you shouldn't have!

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I should apologize to my Santa. If you have been trying to stalk me I haven't been as active as usual thanks to work blocking this site. If you need to proxy elf me I would completely understand or can provide the wife's email address.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Maybe I should de-Christmas my avatar for January onwards, just so I can re-Christmas him during the festive season. I hate missing out on Santa hats.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Maybe I should de-Christmas my avatar for January onwards, just so I can re-Christmas him during the festive season. I hate missing out on Santa hats.

You need him in grinch mode for not Secret Santa season. Then put him in "heart grew three sizes that day" mode for Secret Santa. :D

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Oh and P.S. to my Santa

I used the first $10 of that $20 PSN card already

Borderlands 2 is free now on PlayStation Plus, and I adored it on 360 so I couldn't wait to play it again

So I threw down $10 for the Mechromancer because once you go Gaige you never go back

Have you tried the psycho? Totally changes how you play the game

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Just wanted to remind my santa that I'll be out of town starting the 21st. So they have a little over a week to get the package here.

• Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Alright Santee, your gift was sent out. You should get it in a few days. I think it will strike your fancy quite well.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Farangu wrote: »
    The game is definitely bringing back some old school Oregon Trail vibes from looking at its description. And I'm sure that there's something I can use in these books to help my job hunt.

That Black Book is great. I have been giving it to my coaching clients, and all of them have been able to land job within month from reading the book. Of course, you need to put little effort to understand the principles, but it has very simple, down to earth approach. "Unlimited Selling Power" is one of those books that I have seen lot of people use to even double and triple their sales. Very intuitive and simple techniques.

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Alright Santee, your gift was sent out. You should get it in a few days. I think it will strike your fancy quite well.

To anyone with a pet/loved one named Fancy, BEWARE

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Why is the safe not open yet? I can't handle mysteries like this in my life.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Why is the safe not open yet? I can't handle mysteries like this in my life.

We need a clueeeeeee.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Here's a clue:
    Use a sledgehammer.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Beltaine wrote: »
    Okay, Santee.

Pulling the trigger.

A Porsche 911 Turbo!? Santa, you shouldn't have!

Geeze do I have my priorities off. I was just thinking a simple little gretsch white falcon or a nice rickenbacker... Easy $3k secret Santa stocking stuffers.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Ugh. Santa, if you read this I was not able to get a 3ds. People on Craigslist be crazy. Might be better to wait until after Christmas anyways.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Something something Red Ryder BB gun?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    Hypatia wrote: »
    Don't be that guy who makes your Santa feel crappy and like their gift fell into a black hole.

I love this rule.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    1:30 PM - cooljammer00: my Santee has been silent since I think my package got there
    1:31 PM - cooljammer00: and my Santa has been silent since he last sent a proxy message telling me to stop buying shit

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    1:30 PM - cooljammer00: my Santee has been silent since I think my package got there
    1:31 PM - cooljammer00: and my Santa has been silent since he last sent a proxy message telling me to stop buying shit

I'd like to think of my Santa as the strong silent type.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

sRV72co.jpg
    Hey Santee! I hear beer is tasty, so you should try making some!

mcBGqMm.jpg
    Hey Santee! This guy is so awesome, so you really need to read him! Feast your eyes on this succulent Hardcover!

vschlYp.jpg
    Hey Santee! I love this book, and so does everyone who reads it. Another gorgeous hardcover!

Thanks, Santa! I have a bunch of time off coming up, and now I've got TONS of reading material!

Yay!
    I'm an editor at the Brazilian publisher, and I'm personally responsible for the imprint that publishes Stroud's new series (which is god damned awesome) and Stephen King. So I just HAD to get you those two books, and no damn ebooks, but real, hardcover, glossy and sexy editions. I do love ebooks too, but they don't really scream "GIFT!" like a nice fat wang. I mean, book.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Something something Red Ryder BB gun?

You'll shoot your eye out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    That is so cool Stormy, well done!

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Hmm, I guess December is getting on.
    Maybe I should, like, send some stuff to someone? I guess?

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

Mail me your wallet. Then I will put it in a sandwich.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

A Tyvek and plastic sandwich?
    My wallet has been decidedly paperless for quite some time...

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options

A Tyvek and plastic sandwich?
    My wallet has been decidedly paperless for quite some time...

Look, when you're hungry you're hungry.
    My wallet is paperless also. Not really by choice :(

• Options
    BeltaineBeltaine BOO BOO DOO DE DOORegistered User regular

I need someone to tell me to stop buying shit on an hourly basis. Regardless of the time of year.

XdDBi4F.jpg
    PSN: Beltaine-77 | Steam: beltane77 | Battle.net BadHaggis#1433
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    What about people with nylon wallets brain?

People with nylon wallets don't have any money pinky.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular

Then I'll put it in a safe and drop it in the ocean and send your santee the coordinates in Sumerian after running it through an electronic version of the Enigma machine without the flaws.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

Then I'll put it in a safe and drop it in the ocean and send your santee the coordinates in Sumerian after running it through an electronic version of the Enigma machine without the flaws.

With the instructions to find the site with the coordinates communicated by a blind man using semaphore flags seen by a deaf man through a telescope who is communicating to you in sign language, but you're not sure which version of sign language it is.

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    As the safe hasn't been opened yet, I think just having a safe will be complicated enough.

PSN: jfrofl