As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Nope on all accounts!

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    chen
    elin
    frem
    khez
    kias

Forumers with 4 letter handles that aren't already someone's santa.

I promise it isn't me. And don't forget that there are forumers that go by nicknames of their forum names.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @Two Headed Boy

My vote is it's Ante. He loves him some puzzles.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I uh... just got a text from Gamestop with two Steam wallet codes... No idea who these came from. @Grove was that you??

• GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I uh... just got a text from Gamestop with two Steam wallet codes... No idea who these came from. @Grove was that you??

Nope, but I'll take credit!

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Haha my stepmom bought them for me for Christmas. They asked for a phone number to keep on file just in case she lost the paper... So they went ahead and sent them to me! I have to pretend to be surprised now. :)

• MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    are you sure the clues are referring to santa, and not the safe? its a 4 letter word...

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    The name isn't necessarily the full pa name.... easy.

• belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    lol, I'ma laugh if it's safe.

or open

belligerent on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

My Santa has surprised me yet again! He apparently has started bullying other forumers into doing his dirty work, so watch your backs!

This time, he "convinced" TestSubject23 to send me Trials Evolution!
    header_292x136.jpg?t=1367939960

I shall crash spectacularly in your honor!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    chen
    elin
    frem
    khez
    kias

Forumers with 4 letter handles that aren't already someone's santa.

I promise it isn't me. And don't forget that there are forumers that go by nicknames of their forum names.

I'll bet it's me - sometimes I abbreviate to LiLo.

No...wait...it wasn't me.

1kpAMPOh.jpg

4hNKbHH.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Why do you suppose its ticking?

wVEsyIc.png
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Just throw it out the window. There's nothing but strangers out there.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So is it open or not? I can't sleep without knowing. Was the code LiLo?

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

PSN: jfrofl
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    lol, it was fucking safe, wasn't it?

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Radiation wrote: »
    WHAT'S IN THE BOX?

Nothing! Absolutely nothing!

Starting to look that way!

Ok, so, the contents of the safe are incomplete, but tomorrow morning I will have all of the parts and will do a proper GiftGet post. Is that ok? I know I'm a bit of a dickerdoodle for posting just the unlocked safe picture, I couldn't help myself.

The passcode did, indeed, reveal who my Santa was. Or, rather, once I determined who he was, I knew the passcode.

4hNKbHH.png
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Hooray the safe is opeAAAH!
    CE323062-E3D8-4EA7-9FA2-A4A0B72118FD-107-00000004697198F9_zpscd069934.jpg

The second part is a Mongoose to eat the snakes and destroy the evidence.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So you opened the safe to reveal pieces of a treasure map, right?

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    So you opened the safe to reveal pieces of a treasure map, right?

Oh man, what if the friend who delivered the safe buried the final present in THB's backyard, and the safe had a map to find it?

*makes a note for next year*

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Nah, that's not going far enough. Bury the present in the local cemetery, nothing like a little grave-robbing in the dark of night.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »
    Nah, that's not going far enough. Bury the present in the local cemetery, nothing like a little grave-robbing in the dark of night.

Hey bud, just chased up the last package and amazon are adamant it was delivered on the 4th of this month. PSVita memory card. DId you not get it?

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    It's not Secret Santa, but I'm willing to risk the infraction being I've mentioned it here before :)

Despite it being Friday the 13th my wife and I got a nice early Christmas present, we had our Adoption panel today. We were judged by a room full of people and came out successful. We've been approved to adopt up to two children between the ages of 0 and 3 years old.

Hurrah, a Christmas Miracle, someone thinks I'm a suitable parent!

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! That's fantastic news, congratulations xoxoxoxoox

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    And in other news, Santee, I hope you like chocolate, cos there was more room in the box than I expected, so there's lots in there! It will be on its way later on today :)

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Wow, I went by my old address and something ELSE was there.
    Zjtd4Gr.jpg

Crazy year.

VPPfE6c.jpg

I wish I could recall, but I've never had a Santa that I'd call that.

Artemis is suspicious:

qtHHwKN.jpg

And he finds a metric ton of UK chocolate stuffs.

But he'll enjoy.

lgc7VrI.jpg

Thanks, pony-person!

WHOOO thank fuck, I have been lamenting the loss of this package so hard.

IT WAS ME CJ! IT WAS ME ALL ALOOOONG

Remember I was all distraught cause ya didn't like Deep Fear?

Took me a whole year but bam, box o chocs. <3

My honor is restored, now I can sleeeeep

Oh brilliant
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    ANOTHER GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif POST
    So, I was deployed, and lucky enough to get home right before the holidays. Waiting for me was a ton of mail (I collect things):

Vr4qZur.jpg

Inside of the pile was a box I didn't recall ordering from Amazon

pjHoIzh.jpg

LJ7mhdW.jpg?1

It looked like a book (but those are for nerds!) and a box too large to be a game. But I was wrong! The new Ys game and the hardback Art of Amanda Conner book!

zMurktp.jpg

Perfectly stalked, Santa! I just finished up the new Zelda game, so Ys hit the spot. The book is full of spectacular imagery by one of my favorite artists. The pile of thin packages on the desk is original comic art and various other pieces I've been commissioning while I was away, so you might be able to say I'm into that stuff.

Guessing by the initials and my newest Steam friend, I think it's safe to say that my Santa is @cj iwakura, and he nailed it! Thanks a ton!

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I want to open all those boxes.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    It took me a couple hours to get through all those boxes, and I want to do it all over again.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Ah, I've got it! I did some sneaky searching, I even called the gentleman whose name and number was on the card sent to me (he didn't pick up though), and I perused our very own PAX forum to find out who my Santa is. After becoming insanely jealous of how much fun PAX looks, I came across a picture of someone who had won what looks like a kickass computer. Just a little more research on that and I found out for sure that my Santa must be @Mighty!

Woo! Thank you Mighty! I've got the LEGO set splayed across a table for construction, and my wife and I are planning on trying Sentinels of the Multiverse tonight! And it is truly a shame the light-sensitive device didn't work right away, that would have been so cool, but I'll pretend it worked and love it anyway. I'm thinking of taking the device to work to leave in some fun places. Should be exciting! And thanks for giving me a hunt to find out who you are, that was exciting. I hope I am right in my guess!

• KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Hey bud, just chased up the last package and amazon are adamant it was delivered on the 4th of this month. PSVita memory card. DId you not get it?

Nothing on this end, but I'll give the others here a shake first in case any of them might have misplaced any packages.

cj iwakura wrote: »
    Wow, I went by my old address and something ELSE was there.
    Zjtd4Gr.jpg

Crazy year.

VPPfE6c.jpg

I wish I could recall, but I've never had a Santa that I'd call that.

Artemis is suspicious:

qtHHwKN.jpg

And he finds a metric ton of UK chocolate stuffs.

But he'll enjoy.

lgc7VrI.jpg

Thanks, pony-person!

WHOOO thank fuck, I have been lamenting the loss of this package so hard.

IT WAS ME CJ! IT WAS ME ALL ALOOOONG

Remember I was all distraught cause ya didn't like Deep Fear?

Took me a whole year but bam, box o chocs. <3

My honor is restored, now I can sleeeeep

Don't be, I'm glad to have it and I will finish that awful game one day. :P

You got me a way better gift than the first year I joined the G&T SS. If you don't remember that, the bar was forever set.

So your honor was always intact. <3

wVEsyIc.png
    edited December 2013
    ANOTHER GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif POST
    So, I was deployed, and lucky enough to get home right before the holidays. Waiting for me was a ton of mail (I collect things):

Vr4qZur.jpg

Inside of the pile was a box I didn't recall ordering from Amazon

pjHoIzh.jpg

LJ7mhdW.jpg?1

It looked like a book (but those are for nerds!) and a box too large to be a game. But I was wrong! The new Ys game and the hardback Art of Amanda Conner book!

zMurktp.jpg

Perfectly stalked, Santa! I just finished up the new Zelda game, so Ys hit the spot. The book is full of spectacular imagery by one of my favorite artists. The pile of thin packages on the desk is original comic art and various other pieces I've been commissioning while I was away, so you might be able to say I'm into that stuff.

Guessing by the initials and my newest Steam friend, I think it's safe to say that my Santa is @cj iwakura, and he nailed it! Thanks a ton!

Glad it got there, and thank god it's something you don't own. :P A fellow packrat is no easy target, let me tell you.

Sorry I botched Overkill, I thought it wasn't in your playlist. :( I hope someone else puts it to good use.

Enjoy! The Celceta LE is gorgeous. (The game's no slouch either.)

Also, I want to know what's in those boxes! I can wait.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Icemopper wrote: »
    Ah, I've got it! I did some sneaky searching, I even called the gentleman whose name and number was on the card sent to me (he didn't pick up though), and I perused our very own PAX forum to find out who my Santa is. After becoming insanely jealous of how much fun PAX looks, I came across a picture of someone who had won what looks like a kickass computer. Just a little more research on that and I found out for sure that my Santa must be @Mighty!

Woo! Thank you Mighty! I've got the LEGO set splayed across a table for construction, and my wife and I are planning on trying Sentinels of the Multiverse tonight! And it is truly a shame the light-sensitive device didn't work right away, that would have been so cool, but I'll pretend it worked and love it anyway. I'm thinking of taking the device to work to leave in some fun places. Should be exciting! And thanks for giving me a hunt to find out who you are, that was exciting. I hope I am right in my guess!

Indeed you are! Mery Christmas to you, Mr. @Icemopper ! I bow to your internet searching skills!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Mighty wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »

Indeed you are! Mery Christmas to you, Mr. @Icemopper ! I bow to your internet searching skills!

Awesome! I have a spreadsheet full of information weeding out those who could not be my Santa, which did help lower the list to about 30 contenders, and it was just a fun search later that I discovered you. Thanks again!

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @spookymuffin I want to open all those boxes. Getting packages in the mail is the best. YS is awesome too! I hope to get it soon, but I've promised myself no new Vita games until I finish my old ones. (Namely Soul Sacrifice and Dragon's Crown)

Dear Santee, your package has been ordered today! I even used my a month trial of free Amazon Prime to get it to you faster! It estimates the 18th for arrival but I think it'll come sooner!

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |