As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Elin wrote: »
    Wait, did Boy show us what was inside the safe??? WHAT WAS INSIDE THE SAFE!

It was a game, I don't remember which but he was very happy and a merry christmas was had by all. Not like that Reddit guy with the safe, he is the grinch.

Yup - an expansion to Star Trek Catan.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular

It was a game, I don't remember which but he was very happy and a merry christmas was had by all. Not like that Reddit guy with the safe, he is the grinch.

I don't have enough friends that are in my state that like board games to really enjoy them. It's sad really. Some of these tabletop games look amazing but it'd never get a chance to play them.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I played Catan on the Xbox, and it is pretty fun! I felt a bit in the dark as to the rules, but that's probably my own fault.
    A Star Trek version sounds pretty sweet.
    In other news, I will be bringing my SmallWorld game to my folks' place in the hopes of getting some rounds in. Fingers crossed!

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

A wild box appears!

TcKv4FK.jpg

Instant letter! No secrets here!

5PAaFLZ.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fuckin pancake waffles!

Mk2orDW.jpg

Mexican cornbread and chili seasoning!

VzEZld0.jpg

Butter pecan syrup and hickory smoke barbeque sauce!

v181z8S.jpg

This all looks delicious!

But what about Luigi?!!?!?!!

qJXMAog.jpg

Oh kickin rad!

JJkOtkQ.jpg

Everything! So awesome! @Cloudeagle thank you so much!

AckREwi.jpg

Additional cat photo!

C5PrniJ.jpg

One more cat!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CHRISTMAS IS AWESOME!

• Options

I don't have enough friends that are in my state that like board games to really enjoy them. It's sad really. Some of these tabletop games look amazing but it'd never get a chance to play them.

We're lucky that we have a teenage niece that lives with us most weekends (long story) and my son is old enough that we can do most board games now. Plus we have a college buddy that comes over on occasion gives us a fifth for things like Ticket to Ride. We end up playing something just about every weekend at this point.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

If you come to Critical Failures, there are a lot of play-by-post games of stuff like Pandemic, Arkham Horror, and the like.
    Come and play sometime! We don't bite!

• Options

We're lucky that we have a teenage niece that lives with us most weekends (long story) and my son is old enough that we can do most board games now. Plus we have a college buddy that comes over on occasion gives us a fifth for things like Ticket to Ride. We end up playing something just about every weekend at this point.

My husband and I are hermit/introverts and get all our social interactions through MMO's. Ok, well, my husband started LARPing (oh lord, save me) so he hangs out with them occasionally in the spring/summer.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    WAIT @ArcSyn are you santy claws?

HAHAHAHAHA! You posted this while I was typing my e-mail! :D

You have guessed correctly! It has been fun watching and waiting, seeing if I had given myself away at any point. I was afraid the Humble Bundle would have possibly done it, and then when I used the barcode puzzle immediately after having solved one, and then when you received the Magic cards...

Well this makes it easier to gift you things at least, since I don't have to worry about if it shows who it's from.

Merry Christmas!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options

If you come to Critical Failures, there are a lot of play-by-post games of stuff like Pandemic, Arkham Horror, and the like.
    Come and play sometime! We don't bite!

I gotta get into more play-by-post games. My board game itch doesn't get scratched enough with my local group.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Ok. The Steam Christmas Extravaganza starts tomorrow. Prepare your wishlists Santees and try not to buy everything as soon as the dailies flip.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »

You have guessed correctly! It has been fun watching and waiting, seeing if I had given myself away at any point. I was afraid the Humble Bundle would have possibly done it, and then when I used the barcode puzzle immediately after having solved one, and then when you received the Magic cards...

Well this makes it easier to gift you things at least, since I don't have to worry about if it shows who it's from.

Merry Christmas!

Dude, thanks so much for all the gifts! I've used my scarf a ton to keep my neckparts warm, or I let the kids wear it when they run around the back yard to keep THEIR neckparts warm.
    And I'm bringing the board game to play at my parents' house in a few days in the hopes of getting a few learning games done before my next nerd night board game explosion.

I used your badges to confirm my suspicion after some investigation. I was like AHA! Same number of years as me! Maybe it's him!
    The barcode TOTALLY threw me off, though. Like it reset all my ideas. So good move on that one.

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Ok. The Steam Christmas Extravaganza starts tomorrow. Prepare your wishlists Santees and try not to buy everything as soon as the dailies flip.
    I've already been awesomely gifted - I can buy Steam games if I want.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Merry Christmas!

Dude, thanks so much for all the gifts! I've used my scarf a ton to keep my neckparts warm, or I let the kids wear it when they run around the back yard to keep THEIR neckparts warm.
    And I'm bringing the board game to play at my parents' house in a few days in the hopes of getting a few learning games done before my next nerd night board game explosion.

I used your badges to confirm my suspicion after some investigation. I was like AHA! Same number of years as me! Maybe it's him!
    The barcode TOTALLY threw me off, though. Like it reset all my ideas. So good move on that one.

It was also incredibly hilarious to me when my santa sent ME the same scarf I got you. Then to have the same board game show up as well had me laughing on my knees! I wanted to talk about it when I made my gift get posts, but I didn't want to give myself away just yet. :D I'm also bringing Small World to my parents tonight to see if they want to play. They may not like it though, too directly confrontational. They like things like Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan where you can kinda be confrontational but it's not purposefully so.

Also, you may still end up some Steam gifts as the sale progresses. :D I thought I had picked up two more games during the fall sale, but I must have skipped them to wait for the Christmas one.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    I have been exiled to the wastelands for finding out Santa's real name.
    Names give you power over people, but it doesn't stop them from kicking your ass out of the vault!
    ArcSyn has gifted me with fallout 1&2&Tactics. I will die many times in your name!

• Options
    jclast wrote: »
    I've already been awesomely gifted - I can buy Steam games if I want.

Nobody knows where my money has gone
    Spare time left the same time
    Why wasn't my credit card on file
    Where it's supposed to save time

It's my sale, and I'll buy if I want to
    Buy if I want to, buy if I want to
    You would buy too if it happened to you

Playin' my game, keep shootin' all night
    Leave me alone for a while
    'Till Gaben's smilin' on me
    I've got no reason to smile

LEAD BREAK

My time and my money just walked out the door
    Like a cashier at the till
    Oh what a Christmas surprise
    my wife just found the bill

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    @schide What, no JR's BBQ sauce?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    JMJYiA9.gif

A wild box appears!

TcKv4FK.jpg

Instant letter! No secrets here!

5PAaFLZ.jpg

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

Fuckin pancake waffles!

Mk2orDW.jpg

Mexican cornbread and chili seasoning!

VzEZld0.jpg

Butter pecan syrup and hickory smoke barbeque sauce!

v181z8S.jpg

This all looks delicious!

But what about Luigi?!!?!?!!

qJXMAog.jpg

Oh kickin rad!

JJkOtkQ.jpg

Everything! So awesome! @Cloudeagle thank you so much!

AckREwi.jpg

Additional cat photo!

C5PrniJ.jpg

One more cat!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH CHRISTMAS IS AWESOME!

Woo hoo, glad it arrived safe and sound!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Santa's package has arrived!
    But I'm not home! Nor will I be till like....10PM tonight probably.
    Having a life is so hard sometimes, you guys.

But yesterday was my birthday so the package was timed quite nicely.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Happy late birthday then!

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Ha! Someone in another thread saw my signature and asked if this was my first Secret Santa.

Seven straight years baby!

Every one a winner.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Ha! Someone in another thread saw my signature and asked if this was my fist Secret Santa.

Every one a winner.

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't jump in sooner. Only been a part for 6 years.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Ha! Someone in another thread saw my signature and asked if this was my fist Secret Santa.

Every one a winner.

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't jump in sooner. Only been a part for 6 years.

This is year 3 for me. I spent too much time lurking SE++ before I wandered over here.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Woo, I was just proxied and was told a package should be arriving soon, and I should also be expecting a bonus new year's gift. Or maybe in time for christmas. You know how shipping do.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Aioua wrote: »
    Woo, I was just proxied and was told a package should be arriving soon, and I should also be expecting a bonus new year's gift. Or maybe in time for christmas. You know how shipping do.

Box full of illegal fireworks

• Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'm having a board game weekend (Friends and I visit a friend in Austin and hole up for the entire weekend playing boardgames) and I think I'll pick up Eclipse. Looks sweet!

Don't do that just yet....

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    calamityjamiecalamityjamie Corgi Wrangler Seattle, WARegistered User staff
    @AnteCantelope I'm so glad it arrived safely! I honestly picked it for you because it has been my JAM the last few months! There should be another small something on it's way that tends to be handy as well. AND if you'd like to trade, lemme know! This is my first Pokemon game ever, and I've just discovered the wonder trade system. A liiiiiiittle addicted.

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    JMJYiA9.gif

Hey guys guess what....

WBzh8Xt.png

And so says the card which is the 4th gift from my Santa and includes the ridiculously generous person's name!

1MlPihj.png

Yes I've used the code already :D@Anarchy was my sneaky Santa all along!!! Thank you so much dude, you've given me some awesome gifts!

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    JMJYiA9.gif

Hey guys guess what....

WBzh8Xt.png

And so says the card which is the 4th gift from my Santa and includes the ridiculously generous person's name!

1MlPihj.png

Yes I've used the code already :D@Anarchy was my sneaky Santa all along!!! Thank you so much dude, you've given me some awesome gifts!

You're very welcome dude. Have a great Christmas and enjoy the gifts!

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

JMJYiA9.gif

I had something waiting for me at the post office today! Questionable quality phone pic incoming:
    CQrU3Os.jpg

1. Pacific Rim which I had yet to actually get the dvd for (slacking on that one). Thankfully santa knew I liked giganto-robo
    2. Magic: The Gathering holiday gift box for the current fall/winter set! This includes some booster packs as well as a special promo and a nice box for storage and sorting
    3. Legend of Korra book 1 hardcover art book! I didn't even know this was a thing but this book is really nice. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out to see if one for book 2 comes out in the future

thanks @vegeta_666! this is pretty rad

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    GiftGet4b.gif

Yesterday's box was indeed bearing gifts from my santa! I'd hoped to involve package inspectors Coco and Spunky once again this year, but my little guy insisted on doing it himself. So now, package inspector Rohan reporting for duty:

2013-12-18161424_zpsb32bb957.jpg
    Let's get this boring stuff out of here!
    2013-12-18161439_zps2e2f82f0.jpg

Did I say it was boring? Let's play with this stuff, it's great!
    2013-12-18161619_zpsb7f42965.jpg

Gift #1
    2013-12-18161556_zpsa47ff957.jpg

Gift #2
    2013-12-18161540_zps89b1c879.jpg

A note!
    2013-12-18161510_zps5bf743f9.jpg
    Ok, I will open my gifts first as directed.

My package inspector is still occupied with the good stuff...
    2013-12-18161634_zpsf7f03005.jpg

And behind door #1 we find:
    20131218_161822_zps41e5cd91.jpg

Whooo! I couldn't take it any more after reading about this game over and over in Critical Failures, and put it on my Amazon wishlist. This will be absolutely perfect for my monthly game nights with old college friends, as we need to switch to things up a bit and get away from video games again for a while. Excellent choice.

Ooh, ooh, what's #2?
    2013-12-18161733_zps157ab29b.jpg

Chupcabra: Survive the Night. I'm not familiar with this one, but it looks like it'll be another great option for those game nights. 2-4 players, plays quick, and you learn it quick as well. Awesome.

2 new games from Steve Jackson and Richard Garfield? Yes, please.

I don't think the package inspector is quite ready for these games, but apparently he does.
    20131218_161956_zps7e3fdf29.jpg

Thank you Santa! These will be great to start our gaming in the new year off right. And I'll get to work on cleaning santa's workshop as soon as I can :-)

• Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular

Dan? I'll be over tomorrow night!
    I know you're not Dan. But holy shit, the situation you described was so close to his, I had to do a double take! I'll still come over if you want me to. I have a lot of board games!

JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Judge-Z wrote: »

Dan? I'll be over tomorrow night!
    I know you're not Dan. But holy shit, the situation you described was so close to his, I had to do a double take! I'll still come over if you want me to. I have a lot of board games!

debating if you're the college buddy or the teenage niece.

• Options
    He he... Nope I'm afraid I'm not Dan. You're welcome to play games though, but I'm afraid you'd be in for a drive.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Dang, I think I put the wrong letter in the box I sent. Oh well, it's just not as good as the revised one but whatever.

• Options
    Santa: my mail was delivered but I got no package. The last update to the tracking was at 6am today.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Dear Santee,
    You will be happy to know that your gift(s) are officially on the way. However, I must share an experience with you and the others.
    You VERY NEARLY received blood for Christmas on top of everything else. And I do mean LITERALLY on top of everything else. I was at the post office today to ship the goodies and the women there just made me jump through every single hoop she could, such as not letting me use the tape they keep there, but making me buy a roll of tape. I know it's a busy time of year for the postal workers but dammit that does not mean they can vent their frustration by making shit difficult that doesn't need to be. So, I briefly fantasized about bludgeoning them all with your gift and then telling you the bloodstains were part of the gift. Blood for the Blood God, and such. Anyway, that did not happen so you will have to be content sans blood. I tried to time it so that it would come right around Christmas day, so hopefully this will work out.

Santa, why have you not revealed yourself STILL? Are you ashamed of me?

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    so much board gamey goodness this year, i love it

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

Santa dropped me a note explaining that the postal system was having its way with his gifting (I know the feeling, I had to exchange the books last year when UPS tried to use them as a door jam) and that there'll be a tiny delay in my giftening but until then a mystery steam key to keep me busy:

4exw.jpg

More like Papers, Thank You!

I'm going to bureaucrat the shit out of that game come vacation time, thank you Santa (the key did not reveal your username, you are safe).
    Small refresh on the rules while you're packing things: no sandwiches for my secretary, please.

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

I had something waiting for me at the post office today! Questionable quality phone pic incoming:
    CQrU3Os.jpg

1. Pacific Rim which I had yet to actually get the dvd for (slacking on that one). Thankfully santa knew I liked giganto-robo
    2. Magic: The Gathering holiday gift box for the current fall/winter set! This includes some booster packs as well as a special promo and a nice box for storage and sorting
    3. Legend of Korra book 1 hardcover art book! I didn't even know this was a thing but this book is really nice. I'm gonna have to keep an eye out to see if one for book 2 comes out in the future

thanks @vegeta_666! this is pretty rad

I'm glad you like everything! I was a bit worried you might already own Pacific Rim. Happy Holidays good sir!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Ha! Someone in another thread saw my signature and asked if this was my first Secret Santa.

Every one a winner.

4 here. How many years has it been going on?

Steam: offday