As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Dear Santa,

You might know all this by now, but I just wanted to let you know that I got your Proxy message (and thank you, too, Proxy!) stating that I should receive a box on Tuesday. Well, that didn't happen, and late Tuesday, the USPS tracker updated to show an estimated delivery date of Thursday.

But then, today, Wednesday, the package got delivered after all!

I choose to view this as it being a day early, rather than a day late. :D I will be Gift Getting and picturing and posting tomorrow, since I am working late tonight.

Pre-emptive thank yous!!!!

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I came home from the late shift this evening to find a package from a stranger in Virginia. I must assume this person is Santa! I don't have time to tear into it tonight, but tomorrow I should. Excitement!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Dear Santee,
    You will be happy to know that your gift(s) are officially on the way. However, I must share an experience with you and the others.
    You VERY NEARLY received blood for Christmas on top of everything else. And I do mean LITERALLY on top of everything else. I was at the post office today to ship the goodies and the women there just made me jump through every single hoop she could, such as not letting me use the tape they keep there, but making me buy a roll of tape. I know it's a busy time of year for the postal workers but dammit that does not mean they can vent their frustration by making shit difficult that doesn't need to be. So, I briefly fantasized about bludgeoning them all with your gift and then telling you the bloodstains were part of the gift. Blood for the Blood God, and such. Anyway, that did not happen so you will have to be content sans blood. I tried to time it so that it would come right around Christmas day, so hopefully this will work out.

Santa, why have you not revealed yourself STILL? Are you ashamed of me?

I distinctly remember myself making a comment at the start of sign ups about how when it came to secret Santa being back with blood and vengeance, that I was good on vengeance but low on blood.

Isn't that right... Santa!?

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    @shadowane!
    I've finally received and opened your present!
    However I just have no physical or mental strength to do a proper gift get post right now, and I don't want to half ass it. Gonna do it tomorrow.

Spoiler though
    It was awesome

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    anoffday wrote: »
    Ha! Someone in another thread saw my signature and asked if this was my first Secret Santa.

Seven straight years baby!

Every one a winner.

4 here. How many years has it been going on?

I know I did at least one here in high school, and that was in 2004 at least.

So... a really long time.

Icemopper on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oops doublepost

Icemopper on
  • Options
    devericdeveric MinneapolisRegistered User regular
    Looks like the package should be delivered today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to open it before I have class tonight, the final one. No final to take, but we have a paper to write in class, so ugh. I think the UPS/FedEx team is going to hate me today though; I'm pretty sure all of my amazon packages are coming in today.

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    @shadowane!
    I've finally received and opened your present!
    However I just have no physical or mental strength to do a proper gift get post right now, and I don't want to half ass it. Gonna do it tomorrow.

Spoiler though
    It was awesome
    Awesome I'm glad you got it okay! Actually, I realized I have your email. I'm pretty sure I sent the wrong note in the box so I'm going to email you an updated version.

• Options
    Well that's annoying. UPS was supposed to deliver my secret santa today. However, at some point they decided that wouldn't be true, and now have Friday. If they readjust the date again, I won't get it. Stupid UPS.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    Well that's annoying. UPS was supposed to deliver my secret santa today. However, at some point they decided that wouldn't be true, and now have Friday. If they readjust the date again, I won't get it. Stupid UPS.

USPS isn't doing much better this year :(

• Options

FedEx got my package from Philly to NY in a day. Go FedEx!

• Options
    NackmatholnNackmatholn Registered User regular

And then they spiked it on the recipient's porch to celebrate their swift delivery.

camo_sig2.png PSN - Nackmatholn
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular

And then they spiked it on the recipient's porch to celebrate their swift delivery.

I can't stop laughing because I can clearly see the driver's face and how proud he is of making it in time

• Options
    I find myself checking this thread extremely frequently today. Today should be a special day for a certain someone.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q6_9A90cUk#t=20s

Every package delivery service this time of year

• Options
    To: LiLo
    Subject: Continuous Refreshing

Our records have shown that you have been using your F5 key more than the allocated amount for the day. We in the help desk are concerned that if you continue such behavior one or more of the following may occur:
    • Carpal tunnel in exactly one digit
    • Uneven paint wear on the keyboard
    • Jealously from the F4 and F6 keys

We ask that you please stop incessantly refreshing the sites for the United States Postal Service as well as the Penny Arcade site which we really aren’t sure how you are visiting in the first place. Failure to do so will result in our having to replace your keyboard prematurely and we will be forced to reduce your paycheck by the cost of said equipment.

If this continued use of the refresh function was out of you control for example if you found a heavy stone had been placed on your F5 key by some vandal or perhaps gremlins have somehow gained control of your keyboard, we apologize. Feel free to give us a call and we can help remove the offending rock and/or fictional gadget destroying creature.

Sincerely,
    IT

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Woot, got proxied with a tracking number! ...Which says Expected Delivery was two days ago. Good job, USPS, lol!

Santa: I eagerly await the coming of the package!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    [Mako]As it was promised in days long ago*, so shall it be done.[/Mako]

JMJYiA9.gif

I have no pets, but I do have a wonderful two-year-old who loves mail (thank you, Blue's Clues). He also, being 2, doesn't really sit still for very long, so apologies in advance for the somewhat blurry pictures - I had to snap them quickly!

The first task was, obviously, to ensure that the box was suitable as a footrest while Dad got the scissors ready.
    109_zps28f14baa.jpg

This so demonstrated, we proceeded to open the box, and came across a bright, shiny green bottle, custom-designed to grab the attention of young minds. And some Pocky!
    110_zpsd7ccba57.jpg

The green bottle proved to be Wasabi Sauce**, so Daddy quickly appropriated it for safety reasons, and the Pocky was Almond Crunch, so Daddy appropriated that one, too, for ... reasons. Safety reasons? Sure, we'll go with that. Daddy had to take all the Almond Crunch Pocky for safety reasons. Underneath those was the only thing better than Pocky: MOAR POCKY! (Chocolate and strawberry!) A fact you might not know about Pocky is that it's really fun to shake, and makes an interesting noise when you do so.
    7982cb0c-750f-4b73-a600-319d92b3b8d5_zps228dfa74.png

113_zps33595be8.jpg

Also included in the box was a collection of Japanese snack mixes - which I absolutely love, especially during long RPG sessions. My little guy thinks this one looks the best.
    114_zps739c4cfb.jpg

There were also several boxes of Japanese candy, which I forgot to take a picture of individually because my son was really interested in getting the piece de resistance out of the shipping box ...
    115_zps45bf93f6.jpg

Wow. I have heard so many good things about this game, but especially how it tends to turn into Fun (TM) in the Dwarf Fortress sense. "What's that? You decided to take more cargo and engines and skimped on the weapons? HAVE SOME SPACE PIRATES!" I was about this close || to picking it up after reading about it over in Critical Failures. :D

My son, of course, loves the "car," which is "right here, Dad," and also, "ooooh" and "yeah! yeah!"
    116_zps48eac10e.jpg

The whole 9-yards, complete with "making a silly face for the camera." (You can see the previously referenced candy in the middle, which unfortunately I forgot to bring to work today. I did remember to bring some Pocky, though!)
    118_zps6c377caf.jpg

Also, I had to share the "num-nums." With a pirate.
    119_zps6f7f4401.jpg

Thank you, very much, @Dyvion, for a fantastic Secret Santa. Merry Christmas!
    PA_So_Awesome_GTSS13_zps28e06fbb.png

* Like, yesterday.
    ** YES. I almost never eat sushi - oonagi is probably my favorite - but I love, love, love wasabi.

• Options
    Is it wrong that since I got the Humble Bundle from my Santa I've been trying to reverse stalk him/her to figure out who my Santa is? I know I should wait for my physical gift but darn it...their name is right there in my email...

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

I had a package show up last Friday at my house while I was away. There it sat for several days, with me not knowing about the prize that lay within. Finally, the person who received the package remembered that they put away a box for me and told me to retrieve it and open it. And open it I did, and I found a wonderful surprise inside!
    Guelph-20131213-00923_zpsbe0ed666.jpg
    Here it is, wrapped all nice. Looks like the tag got crumpled slightly in transit.
    Guelph_Eramosa-20131213-00924_zpsd1693e1d.jpg
    A closeup of the tag. The Santa reveals himself!
    Guelph-20131213-00925_zps76a43a52.jpg
    The gift that lay within! My Nintendo fanboy senses were tingling, and with good reason!
    Guelph-20131213-00926_zps92c34db0.jpg
    A shot of the artwork. This is cool!
    Guelph-20131213-00927_zps2c5f2829.jpg
    See this? Each book covers a different game! My eyes lit up when I saw this!

@AbsoluteZero was the man behind this. I just opened it and flipped through a few books. This is a really cool gift and, knowing me, I'll have read through them all tonight. I can't wait to read through them!

Rest assured I will get a lot of enjoyment out of this. Thank you so much! :D

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    @Lost In your messages you alluded to further packages coming. Did I misread that? If not, did the second package involve cheese? If so, it has arrived. If not, then I don't think it has arrived yet, though apparently I have things waiting at the building's front desk.

Basically, just checking in. It's been a hectic year and the G&T SS thread in particular isn't easy to keep up with at times, but I'd hate for Santa-based greatness to go un-noted.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    JMJYiA9.gif

I had a package show up last Friday at my house while I was away. There it sat for several days, with me not knowing about the prize that lay within. Finally, the person who received the package remembered that they put away a box for me and told me to retrieve it and open it. And open it I did, and I found a wonderful surprise inside!
    Here it is, wrapped all nice. Looks like the tag got crumpled slightly in transit.
    The gift that lay within! My Nintendo fanboy senses were tingling, and with good reason!

@AbsoluteZero was the man behind this. I just opened it and flipped through a few books. This is a really cool gift and, knowing me, I'll have read through them all tonight. I can't wait to read through them!

Never read the manga but that looks pretty awesome.

Sadly, nothing today which means if its coming by something other than Royal Mail I won't get it until New Year's Eve (assuming the depot is open then), even if it is Royal Mail, I only have until the end of tomorrow where I am able to receive. Again, if you see this Santa, could you sent me a proxy to let me know what's going on.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    My husband accepted delivery of my package. I'm at work for 7 more hours.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Heh, package.

• Options
    deveric wrote: »
    Looks like the package should be delivered today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to open it before I have class tonight, the final one. No final to take, but we have a paper to write in class, so ugh. I think the UPS/FedEx team is going to hate me today though; I'm pretty sure all of my amazon packages are coming in today.

Or not...

LxoB6cS.png

And all of my amazon packages say the same thing. Ugh. Guess I don't get this today.

• Options
    Seriously though, I paid for next day delivery (granted it was via prime) for my new camera, and I got this today. How does a package get left behind? guess working from home today was all for nought.

oTUJC8q.png

• Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    So, Santee, I'm more than a bit poorly - I have a chest infection which has exacerbated my ME somewhat - I currently can't walk more than a few yards as I can't breathe properly and feel like I've been run over by a steam roller. I've been like this since last Friday, and feel a bit rubbish.

The consequence of this is that I've had to decide to send you your present with one part missing, as I can't stand up for long enough to make it, and it's not something I can do sitting down.

So, once I'm recovered from the chest infection and can stand for more than a few minutes at a time, I'll be making and sending you the final part of your present. It won't arrive until after Christmas, but your main present plus a few other things should arrive by Monday.

I hope you like your present,

Happy Christmas xxxxx

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    My brother's present--which had been sitting at "electronic shipping info received" for the last 10 days--just updated as arrived at my local post office. Christmas is saved!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    So part two of my gift arrived today from my Santa (I'm on my phone so forgive the lack of giant gif). It's a gift card for 25 bucks in beer at a local brewery!! Super excited! I'll take pics once I pick up some bottles.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Santa, if I should not go absolutely fucking nuts this Steam Sale, please give me a sign.

I may never play the things I plan on buying these next two weeks. I like adding to the collection. Making deposits into my game bank. Ensuring that I am GAME RICH. I realize that this seems strange, the thought of buying games just to put them into a giant mythical backlog, but such is the nature of serving the Newell.

Seriously though Metal Gear Revengeance is 33% off and it doesn't even come out to PC for two more weeks. Steam is seriously bonkers, all hail the Newell.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    JMJYiA9.gif

Huzzah! I was starting to get awful worried your gift was lost or stolen by some grinch ass bitch. So glad you got it! Hope the books are a good read, the artwook looks awful tasty. Merry Christmas!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @Forar
    Yes, there is another package.
    No, it does not involve Cheese.
    Yes, It is supposed to be there soon (tm)
    Says it's expected delivery date to have been yesterday. (18th)

Lost on
  • Options
    Is it wearable?

• Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    @Forar
    Yes.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I am weak and my husband brought me my gift to my lunch break. I opened the box and snagged the card out. I will do a proper gift get tonight but I want to thank Santa @Lindsey Lohan for the lovely letter and for The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman and Game Over: How Nintendo Conquered the World by David Sheff. Game Over is the best Nintendo biography. I also received Legend of Dungeon for Steam. This is all without seeing all of the fun stuff in the box. You're the bestest!

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    USPS said one of my packages from Santa got delivered to my parent's house today. My other package is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

I have to wait until after work tomorrow to go over there. D:

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    SunstrandSunstrand Registered User regular
    Hey, just wanted to let my Santa know that I'm pretty sure my gift arrived. My sister picked up a package from amazon addressed to me,but I'm out of town on business so ill make sure when I get home Sunday/Monday.

BorderlandsClaptraps.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Santee. The shippening. It happens. Tomorrow!

Sorry for being so late. I was working hard on this (and procrastinating)!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hey Santa, you said your package to me wouldn't get here till after Christmas/closer to New Year's. The Steam Sale is going on during that time, so....we're cool, right? Can I fret about the Steam Sale to my heart's content?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    @Lost

Thank you! The shirt has indeed arrived!

shirt.jpeg

A damned fine choice! While I don't play often, when I do get the itch to fire up Starcraft, Terran is my go to race and what I enjoy playing most.

Also, broken, before anyone bothers saying it. :-P