As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Sauteed mushrooms are the universal topping.

• Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    An electronic gift arrives!

11520484126_6536b0360e.jpg

I've heard about this but have never tried it, onwards to rejecting those dirty forners!

Thank you @Icemopper, you rock!

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    oh god santa, I just got a $50 gift card for amazon... I know I must stay strong but it's just sitting there, waiting for me to use it. think of all the books, or vidya games, or cards for or against humanity or awesome twine that's worth . I must stay strong, for santa. for freedom!

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    DraysothDraysoth Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    JMJYiA9.gif

My 8 month daughter Jaina modeled my new stuffs - Die Hard Blu Ray Collection and a Horse Head Mask! Awesome, my favorite Christmas movies!

d70Txsj.jpg

Draysoth on
    WiiU ID - Draysoth1
    Xbox Live - Draysoth1
    PSN - Draysoth
    Steam - Draysoth
    3DS - 2320-6133-3744
    Please let me know if you add me!
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Woop, false alarm -- it was my Club Nintendo platinum reward I had forgotten about. My Santa's still in the shadows...

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

My final package has arrived and been opened!!

First, let me explain - my list of suggestions comics, video games, toys, coffee, beer, books, Magic Cards. I had already got video games - a humble bundle. I had also got beer - a gift card for a local brewery. In the box (which weighed a TON) was a note explaining my Santa decided to get something from every category.

So...coffee:
    Ci6CROc.jpg
    Delicious looking Kona coffee from Hawaii

Next...toys & Magic cards - a copy of Fluxx and a booster pack (my son and niece are ready for Fluxx tonight):
    d1uv6wc.jpg

Next...Books - an awesome looking book by Col Chris Hadfield to teach me life lessons from an astronaut which looks really great:
    vAqidiD.jpg

And last (and most amazingly) - Comics...Absolute Sandman 1 which I can't wait to dig into:
    VPJKpQA.jpg

And of course - cat pic with the whole thing...
    zcmKUGL.jpg

Thank you soooo much Santa - now...
    Show yourself Santa - who were you? This was an AMAZING gift.

• Options
    tomertomer Registered User regular
    HAPPY CHRISTMAS

• Options
    ZaghrebZaghreb Registered User regular

@Lindsey Lohan I'm so glad you liked it. Merry Christmas!

Mostly I just couldn't decide on a category so I got you some of everything. Be sure to brew that coffee soon--that stuff is fresh from Hawaii.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I got a Christmas card from Santa today! Included in the envelope was a very nice picture of his family and some Christmas coloring pages the kids had done. It was a very sweet idea, and I will be borrowing it for next year

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Santa just proxied me to tell me, I think, that he or she was scrapping their gift ideas due to crappy delivery times and sending something completely different.

Now I'm even more intrigued, I guess

Edit: Santa, if you need more time, it's okay. You already sent a thing so you won't get banned, and you've kept me up to date on stuff so I know you're no deadbeat

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Wow who would have thought I wouldn't be the only Santa to give their Santee Kona coffee?

(No, I am not giving anything away. @Handkor let me know he already got his gift.)

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    If anybody has a Santee in the Eastern half of Canada and hasn't heard from them, it's kind of an iced-over clusterfuck right now and some of our big cities are largely without power. I have no idea if the post is even running in Toronto. So, yeah.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the Maritimes :D

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Icemopper wrote: »
    How exactly were you not planning to have pancakes this year!? Pancakes are a must every year, and that is an awesome gift!

My mother in law is making a French Toast casserole and we were going to make eggs. Now, however, we are making pancakes too! :-D

OK, I just have to know what a French Toast casserole is. I'm picturing something like a cross between turkey stuffing and an omelette, but with maple syrup on it.

Imagine French Toast chopped into cubes, placed into a baking pan, mixed with more egg mix and some syrup, and then baked. That's pretty much it.
    so bread pudding?

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    There are two packages awaiting me in the manager's office, when I was only expecting one. Could this be the work of a Santa!? Who can say? I'll find out tomorrow (hopefully).

Another surprise awaited me in my mailbox this evening: @ArcSyn sent me a Christmas card! He and I were mutual Santas for this a couple years back (I think I was his Santa, and then he was my Santa the following year). However, sending a personal card from his family is just such a genuinely classy and welcome gesture that I'm going to steal it and start doing it to others next year.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Gift got. I am on my phone tonight. Pics are in my Twitter feed (link in sig), and I'll post tomorrow from work.

Oh, I just reread your message, @lewiep's mummy and there's another part? You are astounding.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I have been Santa'd again! This requires more investigation though. I know this code goes somewhere, and I will figure out where. Then, then there will be pictures. Until then, thank you Santa!

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Zaghreb wrote: »

@Lindsey Lohan I'm so glad you liked it. Merry Christmas!

Mostly I just couldn't decide on a category so I got you some of everything. Be sure to brew that coffee soon--that stuff is fresh from Hawaii.
    Well you certainly did the categories well! The Sandman book is obviously spectacular - I'm not sure I'll be able to stop myself from buying the rest of them. It's almost hard to sit and read it because I just want to keep flipping through it and admiring the artwork.

I'm going out today to finish the wife's stocking and picking up a coffee grinder while I'm out. We lost ours in a recent move so it's a good kick in the pants to replace it. Tomorrow morning for Christmas breakfast we'll enjoy the Hawaiian goodness. It smells absolutely amazing though.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    jclast wrote: »
    I have been Santa'd again! This requires more investigation though. I know this code goes somewhere, and I will figure out where. Then, then there will be pictures. Until then, thank you Santa!

If it's anything like last year... Kindle?

• Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    Just letting my Santa know that nothing has arrived yet! Should I be concerned?

• Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Official
    JMJYiA9.gif

A curious package arrived on my doorstep while I was at work and my wife taunted me for six hours with its existence. Have a couple of new-fangled Vines of the mystery box.
    Vine the first, wherein a package comes from England, and its addressing.
    Vine the second, containing a terrible whiny Seven reference.

We move now to traditional photography. Mainly because every other word out of my mouth from hereon is cursing.

BcN3vL1CMAIqihE.jpg
    A dentist's nightmare full of candy, including illicit Kinder Surprises, which are verboten in the United States (my wife thanks you very much for these).

BcN4MeNCMAAAHtT.jpg
    Aforementioned wife modelling a Sackboy, touchscreen friendly gloves and a pin. These were actually addressed to her, and an evilbadchild, but as evilbadchild does not exist, she stole them as her own.

BcN4rBECcAAk1zT.jpg
    Ah, a Borderlands 2 painting from @LewieP's Mummy! I must admit, I recognized the sender name on the box's outside and got really excited. I've always had gift-envy of anyone lucky enough to get her as their Santa, as I greatly admire her work. I met her at PAX09, or was it 10, and she was super friendly.

As for my Santee, your items came to my house today and need to venture to the great white north. You can get instant gratification if you share online presence details with Proxy. :coughs:

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular

I google everything. Even codes.

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    got a message from proxy elf to expect a package blitzkrieg Monday
    but I guess Santa got held up by a snow storm
    so I'm hopeful I'll find something waiting for me after work.

grim123 on
    Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

If it's anything like last year... Kindle?

After steam that was my first guess. I will spend more time investigating after lunch when the kids are down for nap. I will not let it best me - especially since I don't know who my Santa is so I can't just give up and ask for hints. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Apparently my Santee's package is out for delivery RIGHT NOT instead of the Saturday estimate. It's a Christmas miracle.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    I figured it out! It's a tracking number - package is incoming tomorrow. Thanks, Santa!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Oh Santa. This Steam sale is wearing my resolve. I'm sorry if I buy things. I cannot help myself... the snow globes, they call to me.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    JMJYiA9.gif

Woooooooooo!

Got a package in the mail!
    KDBBDQDh.jpg
    OOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WHATS INSIDE.

First the note, with an SOE code not shown:
    uEc0fOrh.jpg

And now whats inside?
    WeyvsbLh.jpg
    A BOOK! I get frozen by reading choices, so I never get to read. Being given a book is a great gift, as this has to have come as a recomendation as something good, from somewhere. :D I'll get started on this right away! The author looked familiar, looked him up.
    567678.jpg

OH GOD. D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:
    It's a really fucked up book about a psychopath child doing psychopath things to animals and killing other children.
    out of spite and anger as growing up with his genitals mutilated in a dog accident as a young child. fight club esque spoiler
    he finds out he has always been on hormones, and is actually a girl. her father resented having a daughter and cared so little about him he decided to experiment and see if the child would turn into a boy if fed enough drugs

Thanks Santa! I will keep a look out for the other package, and get reading!

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Player of games is my favorite culture novel. :^:

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Player of games is my favorite culture novel. :^:
    Mine too... don't be put off by The Wasp Factory, the Culture books are a whole different beast than his contemporary fiction. I picked it up at random at a truck stop because it had a brightly colored cover, and he's been my favorite author ever since.

• Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    Oh Santa. This Steam sale is wearing my resolve. I'm sorry if I buy things. I cannot help myself... the snow globes, they call to me.

Don't listen to the snowglobes, man. They lie! THEY LIE!

• Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Kirindal wrote: »

Don't listen to the snowglobes, man. They lie! THEY LIE!

Beautiful, shiny, festive Christmas lies.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    My gift is confirmed to have arrived at my house. I'm away at my Mom's until Thursday, but I'm already excite. Preemptive thanks, Santa!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Gift Get!

Our helpful Proxy sent me a message that I would be getting a package soon, and in the meantime I was to play Dungeon Defenders on Steam! Thanks Santa! I am downloading it right now.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Yee haw, it's a

JMJYiA9.gif !
    The package arrives! Hyperactive puppies Ralph and Nellie investigate. And then try to tear it to shreds. And then get into a WWE wrestling match. And then have an excitement-related accident. Soooo, here's a picture from a couple weeks ago:

IMG_1860_zps2a58f7ee.jpg

The gifts are from... hahaha, oh noooo!

photo11_zps6eb15887.jpg

Aaaah, a nice way to commemorate finally catching the last of the (in-game) buggers in X/Y this morning. And with a Braviary-related pun on my handle, too.

photo21_zpsbce4247e.jpg

Wait a sec. Isn't this the fashion game that Sporky and others were saying is actually good? Well played! I had completely forgotten about this, and I'm always up for new experiences. (And yes, I spend way too damn much time in the Industry Thread.)

Thanks so much, Santa @Rorus Raz! I promise I won't take this as a sign you're getting soft.

Edit: Damn you, Photobucket! I swear those were rightside up when I put them in...

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I took a big gamble on StyleSavvy, but it's a deceptively solid title and is a nice out-of-left-field gift.

Enjoy!

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Also I have never sent gifts via Amazon, so I guess I fucked up the "from" part on those letters.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif Part III

Through rain, sleet, snow, and bad weather the post office delivers. Although apparently thieves hiding by my mailbox aren't in their mandate. Thanks to the long-suffered patience of my secret Santa and Amazon. that oversight has been rectified and this gift comes in three weeks later than originally planned, but it managed to squeak in right on Christmas Eve.

Bob15_zps83db463e.jpg

Many, many, many, many thanks to my very awesome Santa @Big Classy! I hope Amazon didn't give you too much trouble over this whole debacle.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    SUCCESS! You got everything to play it now :D

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

@Anarchy strikes again!!

SUkE51Q.png

Looks like a very RPG Christmas, thanks man!

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal