As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2013 - SE++ Edition

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    [Moved to the xxxmas forum.]

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    There are some packages inbound to my house and I have become suspicious!

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    Picture Post

Here is the aforementioned swag I got in the mail last night

Look at this sumbitchin' grill scraper
    902BF90E-F9CA-4B24-B2F9-3346366EA132.jpg
    I'm gonna loan it to the navy to clean barnacles off battleships

Also I got those sweet ass Weber grill tools!
    E0B14BC1-B3E6-4DFA-B245-B39E6CF4B5A7.jpg
    I used them tonight to cook for the family!

The package had my satan's real name but only a separate "K" and "W" instead of a forum name. Come on out guy and let me love on ya proper!

XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    So I'm chilling with my sister, watching shitty movies and waiting for people to show up so we can play Monsterhearts in a Christmas frenzy(we solved the mystery of the Holiday Sleigher! And someone got eaten and another person got sacrificed to a dark god, NBD.)

Anyway, as we discuss the most optimal methods of praising Satan(I personally like to offer tribute of alcohol via His porcelain throne engraved with pentagrams,) the doorbell rings, and a dark messenger ushers in the most dark of praises. A Secret Satans gift!
    BCxa6bI.jpg

It was marked Priority, so I knew it was important. With bated breath, I prepared to open it, but one of Satan's greatest allies, the local cat known as Lucky, decided to intervene on my behalf and ensure that there were no demonic traps within.
    8hHR7d5.jpg

After Lucky ascertained a lack of traps and poisons and drugs, I opened it to reveal a plethora of presents!
    t950rRn.jpg

But before the presents, there was a note. Lucky investigated this as well.
    JAuDtTph.jpg

6RNza0ch.jpg
    Translated Text:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Something something something

DON'T GET COCKY, KID

~Jimbob the Monkey

With the missive decoded and declared safe, it was time to start unpacking the rest of the gifts.
    030YcM3h.jpg
    vGuJjDOh.jpg
    s1Le8g1h.jpg
    53x8TxQh.jpg
    Dragon Age playing cards! Which are fucking awesome! Whiskey rocks, which are also awesome and I'm super happy to have!
    Lucky attempted to use one of the gifts, but more pressing matters quickly took his attention.
    4hGO4qbh.jpg
    TMNpoGch.jpg
    Some really nice Glencairn tasting glasses and a really awesome kaiju plushie from Tokidoki!
    Luckily, the cat was saved by the arrival of one of my favorite heroes, who freed himself from Satan's bondage just in time!
    PaUrq9Fh.jpg
    YES BATTLE DAMAGED GIPSY DANGER WOOO!

And for the assembled collection of gifts, see below:
    c9yZeNUh.jpg

Quite a goddamn haul! I'm amazed and thankful! This really made my day even though it was already a pretty amazing day! @jimbobthemonkey you are fucking rad as hell!

HAIL SATAN!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    So I did not partake in Secret Satans, but @Darth Waiter gifted me Oblivion on Steam anyway. So not only is he tops, but I will now scour my friends list and pay it forward to another individual. Hopefully get a little side gifting chain going!

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I am very much looking forward to the next few days in this thread.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2013
    Chain updates - hopefully I got everyone that posted:

Bendery It Like Beckham :arrow: Nullzone :arrow: Karrde1842 :arrow: Lasbrook 2 3
    Blake T :arrow: Sal 2
    DaMoonRulz :arrow: Isoldae 2 3 4 5 6 7 :arrow: Tonkka :arrow: zerzhul
    Flarne :arrow: Virgil_Leads_You
    Gizzy: :arrow: Noggin :arrow: pooka
    Hunter :arrow: Uriel
    Katith :arrow: Crimson King 2 :arrow: NeoToma
    Legba :arrow: MrDoctorProfessor
    MetroidZoid :arrow: Tox 2 3 :arrow: N1tSt4lker :arrow: Sassori 2 3 Total :arrow: Hacksaw 2
    mully :arrow: QuickSnap :arrow: #pipe
    PA Jamie :arrow: JimBobTheMonkey :arrow: Rainfall
    Platypus Beirut :arrow: Mysst 2 :arrow: Rayze 2
    PRD :arrow: neville 2
    Quetzi :arrow: Rankenphile 2
    Radius :arrow: Barcardi 2 :arrow: Fishman
    Rayze :arrow: Robert Khoo 2
    sheri :arrow: skettios 2
    Skeith :arrow: jgeis :arrow: Marathon
    SporkAndrew :arrow: Slacker71 2 :arrow: Nogs
    Uriel :arrow: godmode
    zonugal :arrow: tugga

??? :arrow: Abracadaniel :arrow: Langly
    ??? :arrow: Bucketman :arrow: Sheri 2
    ??? :arrow: cabsy :arrow: Veldrin 2
    ??? :arrow: CrackedLens :arrow: Poorochondriac 2 3 4 :arrow: lostwords
    ??? :arrow: fightinfilipino
    ??? :arrow: KetBra :arrow: Raijin Quickfoot
    ??? :arrow: Marth
    ??? :arrow: MulysaSempronius
    ??? :arrow: Mr Fuzzbutt
    ??? :arrow: Naphtali :arrow: Wombat!! 2 3
    ??? :arrow: N1tSt4lker
    ??? :arrow: Schide
    ??? :arrow: Shazkar Shadowstorm :arrow: Caulk Bite 6
    ??? :arrow: THESPOOKY 2
    ??? :arrow: thetheroo 2 :arrow: Flarne
    ??? :arrow: Usagi 2 3
    ??? :arrow: Veretas 2! 3

I'm off work until the 3rd of January, now, so only really have access on my phone which is a pain for all these links. If anyone else wants to take up the mantle of looking after the chains then feel free! Otherwise I'll just do one big update in the New Year.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    @SporkAndrew

You forgot to add Khoo to the chain of Platypus Beirut :arrow: Mysst 2 :arrow: Rayze 2

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    @Jasconius

The Dark Lord has sent me with a message for you.

notice to dark lord

i think this may have been a reference to a package scheduled for delivery, but it hasn't come in yet. I'll check today

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    @SporkAndrew you have N1tSt4lker up there twice...

also @MetroidZoid dude, everything okay? You never posted your haul!

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    c9yZeNUh.jpg

Quite a goddamn haul! I'm amazed and thankful! This really made my day even though it was already a pretty amazing day! @jimbobthemonkey you are fucking rad as hell!

HAIL SATAN!

Awesome. I'm glad everything arrived ok! It was my first time sending anything up north so it was a bit of a learning expierience. I hope you enjoy everything. Happy Holidays and Hail Satan!

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Picture Post

Here is the aforementioned swag I got in the mail last night

Look at this sumbitchin' grill scraper
    902BF90E-F9CA-4B24-B2F9-3346366EA132.jpg
    I'm gonna loan it to the navy to clean barnacles off battleships

Also I got those sweet ass Weber grill tools!
    E0B14BC1-B3E6-4DFA-B245-B39E6CF4B5A7.jpg
    I used them tonight to cook for the family!

The package had my satan's real name but only a separate "K" and "W" instead of a forum name. Come on out guy and let me love on ya proper!

@CrackedLens

You should be getting more packages today or tomorrow.

And then your Satan's identity should be revealed.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    DUDE. I got my Cookie Exchange AND Secret Satan at the same time! Pictures incoming.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    @Jasconius

Even the Prince of Lies gets taken aback by the audacity of Canada Post. It seems they reported a delivery date of December 19, but at that point it hadn't even left Montreal! It has been stuck in New York for a few days and hopefully Part 1 should be there soon.

• Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    My satan should be getting part 2 some time today

I am happy to see that all of my amazon orders are arriving by christmas :>

• Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    Hah, it appears the gifts keep on coming - my request was a gift that showcased where they were from, and it appears that @Rayze was from all over the fucking place. SO BEHOLD, GIFT #3:
    seplusplusgift3.jpg

Thanks again Rayze! I haven't seen it, but I'm well aware that I'm less of a person for not doing so.

Some guy.
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    That is an awesome gift.

I love the hell out of that show.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    While its not technically the Secret Satans, @Lord Dave got me an assortment of cool things for the second half of my Secret Shamblers gift, including a set of cool swiss tech items, a Nerf Jolt, a calander of men with cats, and World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandara (which when I opened Danielle just looked angry and said "No." then walked away)

Thanks Mirren! Also the card and ornament are great!

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    And as part of the Shambler Christmas, I just received the ornament from @Lord Dave and @EclipsedPlanet.

Sier really likes it and is trying to figure out where to hang it.

Our tiny apartment doesn't have room for a tree.

• Options
    Oh I got more stuff!

And more random letters to form a name!

Pics incoming

• Options
    Another set of gifts! I've been asleep all day so my kids beat me to the unwrapping.

What's that? I shouldn't sleep all day?
    8D00A94F-3DB5-431F-83D0-16BF594457F2.jpg
    Whoa! Thanks for the hint guy! An awesome alarm clock with a big ol display so my dumb blind eyes can see in the night!

And the 3 expansions for Cards Against Humanity! I got the main card game the other day and this completes the set. I've wanted this game for a long ass time!

Now to figure out who it's from...
    18555D80-A70E-48BC-B294-C18790A3628E.jpg

O, A, R, U....

Along with the K and W from the last set of gifts, that spells...

@Kwoaru !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Thank you so much! I really really was hoping to get all this stuff! I appreciate the heck out of it. You rock!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Hey glad you like it! Amazon did weird with the shipping but it seems to have all worked out

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah!

Thanks man! This clock is the shit and those grill tools are sexy as hell

• Options
    Wombat!!Wombat!! Registered User regular
    This isn't really about Secret satans, but it's the holiday season, which means...

I've been a part of the forums for 10 years! A decade! There are children who are double digits who were born as I created my account! What!!!

I love you all, and secret satans is a part of that love!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    I came home after a round of Christmas shopping to a towering pile of boxes! Two from my Satan, and one from my cookie exchange (the one at the top)!
    20131223_141845.jpg

I tore into the first box to find a bunch of amazing cookies that I'll post about whenever the cookie thread revives itself!

Next, the packages from my Satan. I decided to start with the small box first. Tearing into it revealed...
    ANOTHER BOX!

20131223_142534.jpg

inside of which was...
    ANOTHER BOX (in a pretty mesh bag)!

20131223_142605.jpg

inside of which was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AA_dMjRSSLk

A SUPER PRETTY PIECE OF HEART NECKLACE!

20131223_142644.jpg

I pretty much squealed when I saw it! It's so cute! I ripped it out of the box and put it on immediately. I only need 3 more to get a full heart piece!

20131223_145436.jpg

Eeeee! It's so cute!

Next, the big box!
    A message from the Morningstar!

20131223_142851.jpg

The front of the card is a good omen. It lists everything I want! The Dark Lord knows all!

20131223_142904.jpg

And inside the card: a coded message!

20131223_142916.jpg

I was too excited to decode right away, so I dug straight into the packing peanuts to see what lay beneath.
    The first thing I could reach: Satan knows! Bubble wrap! The greatest gift of all!

20131223_143136.jpg

I used my knife to carefully rip open the packaging to reveal...

A MIRROR WITH THE HYRULE CREST ON IT HOLY GEEZ THIS IS SO COOL I HUNG IT UP LIKE RIGHT AWAY

20131223_143330.jpg

One last thing remained in the box! And I was super really excited at that point, so I ripped it open before I could take a picture of the pretty wrapping paper, hehe.
    It's LINK TO THE PAST 2222222222222

20131223_143444.jpg

The haul! With bonus catpaws!

20131223_143849.jpg

After coming down from my present-ripping-open high, I sat down to decode the secret message. At first I though maybe it was Enochian or some kind of runic text; but then I thought hey, this seems to be a Zelda-themed gift! I should see if there's a specific guide to translate Hylian text!

Code-breaking follows:
    It turns out that Link to the Past and some of the more recent Zeldas had their own alphabets that actually corresponded with English! After investigating to see which Hylian texts might correspond to the ones in the card, I determined that LTTP2 has its own variety of alphabet!

And so, after writing out the translation in a notebook, I decoded the letter to say:

YOUR DARKLORD WISHES YOU
    MANY A YULETIDE CHEER
    IT WAS QUITE FUN DECIDING
    WHAT TO DO
    IF YOURE READING THIS YOU
    KNOW THEME THIS YEAR

I HOPE YOU ENJOY LINK TO THE
    PAST TWO

FROM THE DEEPEST SOUTH
    @Lasbrook

THANKS SO MUCH @Lasbrook! This haul is amazing! I'm super excited to play LTTP2 and also to wear that necklace pretty much *everywhere*. (It will totally have a post in the fashion thread at some point!)

Merry Christmas!!

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I'm glad you love everything, I gotta say it was pretty hard to not rip into Link Between Worlds. I need to stop buying people (and myself) games on Steam and get a copy. I'm also sorry for subjecting you to my handwriting, even if it is in another language.

Some notes from the seller about the necklace:
    Please do not expose the pendant to extreme heat or harsh chemicals. Heat will make the resin soften damaging it with no way to truly repair it. Harsh chemicals will do the same, and ruin the shiny finish it has.
    Exposing this pendant to water will be fine for a short period of time, but the findings and chain will rust.
    I would like to also like to advise to take care in puncturing or letting the surface come in contact with rough surfaces, grit, or sharp metal objects. The surface will slight become dented with enough pressure and be permanent (specifically if a finger nail is purposely jabbed into the resin.) I make sure all the resin is FULLY cured before sending out. If the pendant is dropped it will be perfectly fine. All resin are subjected to endure so much before damage shows.

I dunno how much the tip about possibility of rust is relevant, they normally use just silver plated but I opted for a sterling silver chain ( I actually don't know if the finding is still silver plated).

• Options
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    I'm glad you love everything, I gotta say it was pretty hard to not rip into Link Between Worlds. I need to stop buying people (and myself) games on Steam and get a copy. I'm also sorry for subjecting you to my handwriting, even if it is in another language.

Please do not expose the pendant to extreme heat or harsh chemicals. Heat will make the resin soften damaging it with no way to truly repair it. Harsh chemicals will do the same, and ruin the shiny finish it has.
    Exposing this pendant to water will be fine for a short period of time, but the findings and chain will rust.
    I would like to also like to advise to take care in puncturing or letting the surface come in contact with rough surfaces, grit, or sharp metal objects. The surface will slight become dented with enough pressure and be permanent (specifically if a finger nail is purposely jabbed into the resin.) I make sure all the resin is FULLY cured before sending out. If the pendant is dropped it will be perfectly fine. All resin are subjected to endure so much before damage shows.

I dunno how much the tip about possibility of rust is relevant, they normally use just silver plated but I opted for a sterling silver chain ( I actually don't know if the finding is still silver plated).

I've noticed that a lot of my cheap store jewelry tends to rust within a year or so, so sterling silver is definitely a step up! Worst comes to worst I can replace the finding pretty easily; it's a simple one. Those points about the resin are great to keep in mind though, thanks!!

Steam
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

I've noticed that a lot of my cheap store jewelry tends to rust within a year or so, so sterling silver is definitely a step up! Worst comes to worst I can replace the finding pretty easily; it's a simple one. Those points about the resin are great to keep in mind though, thanks!!

Sweet, then hopefully it lasts you a good while.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Cello just post about the cookies here, I want to know everything made it ok!

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »

When my cheap store jewelry would start getting rusty, what I found was really helpful was brushing on the chain some clear liquid nail polish/top coat, re-apply every few months and they're still going strong.
    Though I don't know if that may not be healthy for me or something
    but it's pretty!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    #pipe wrote: »
    Cello just post about the cookies here, I want to know everything made it ok!

DONE AND DONE. I'll just copy/paste this to the cookie thread for bragging rights later!

I pulled the first box off the pile to find it shipped all the way from the West coast! Ripping it open, my assistant and I found a card.

Action shot!

20131223_142019.jpg

The card itself read:

20131223_142024.jpg

20131223_142040.jpg

Ooooh! The identity of my cookie-baker, @#pipe , revealed!

Now that we knew who the box came from, it was time to open it up to reveal the delicacies inside!

Time to dive in!

20131223_142100.jpg

Wait

20131223_142206.jpg

No, that isn't what I-

20131223_142219.jpg

That's not what I meant. You - alright, fine, you know what? You can keep the box.

20131223_142252.jpg

I'll keep these SWEET FUCKIN' COOKIES AND CAKE JARS ALL FOR MYSELF

20131223_142342.jpg

Pictured: chocolate cake jars, peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip! All shipped safe and sound, and I'm pretty sure I've devoured like half the package already. It's all so good!

And inside one of the cake jars, which I pretty much just finished shovelling into my mouth:

20131223_194649.jpg

Thanks so much, @#pipe !!! It's all absolutely delicious!

Cello on
    Steam
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    holy shit those jar cakes got annihilated

they looked way better when I shipped them, I promise! My girlfriend was sad that I sent those choc chip cookies away, they turned out really good!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    cello your cat is stupid adorable

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    holy shit those jar cakes got annihilated

they looked way better when I shipped them, I promise! My girlfriend was sad that I sent those choc chip cookies away, they turned out really good!

It's okay! I figured it was Canada Post's fault. Surprisingly, none of it actually touched the lid; it was just the sides that look all shaken up.

And they taste amazing. Like normal cake, but *incredibly* moist and in a jar!

Steam
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    cello your cat is stupid adorable

She was very pleased with herself about finding the box. By the time I stopped stuffing my face long enough to open the gifts from @Lasbrook, she decided she had had enough and went back to napping in the other room. Otherwise I'd have had a picture of her hiding in the packing peanuts, ahaha.

Steam
  • Options
    Ah snap y'all

GIFTS FROM SATAN (also special guest gift performance by Secret Shambler @Yukira)

20131223_211002_zpsa832ecc4.jpg

Gift 1!
    20131223_211019_zps69e164d0.jpg
    20131223_211100_zpsbf051875.jpg
    Cool! I forgot I had this on my list actually, can't wait to watch it!

Gift 2!
    20131223_211118_zps529f84c9.jpg
    20131223_211144_zps8f81c1e2.jpg
    Behold indeed. I think this was like the only Aqua Teen thing I didn't have on video. Thank you Morningstar!

Secret Shambler thing!
    20131223_211256_zps6bf8abdc.jpg

Look at all this delicious local made salsa from Texas guys. I tried some of the Hot already and its so damn good.

Thank you so much Satan & Yukira!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    I look through these Secret Santa/Satan threads every year and wonder why the hell I didnt sign up for one.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I just got a box of candy from Western Sadness.

Probably my secret Shambler!

It's a box!

CQmAu2I.png

What's in the box?
    OHzjX8z.png

CANDY!

And what else is there?

TJXwoxq.png

Oh my god.
    1536463_441637019293150_1375117648_n.jpg
    1521722_441637009293151_1624071234_n.jpg

And @pinfeldorf just gifted Guacamelee on Steam.

Yukira on
  • Options
    jesus christ yukira

well, that's your new face forever. you're not allowed to take that off ever again

• Options
    I already took it off. I kinda need contacts to wear it properly.

This discussion has been closed.