Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PS3/360, they both match my hi-fi now, which do I buy?

1356711

Posts

  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    robcat09 wrote: »
    Doesn't ANYone else think Mass Effect looks REALLY boring besides me?

    The thing about the PS3 is it was released early with sony having no intention of gaining immediate, huge marketshare. They still release new games for PS2 WEEKLY(how much support does original xbox have these days?). So look at the life cycle of the ps2 compared to xbox. So people get bummed that a lot of games are not slated until 2008. I consider myself an early-adopter and am in no way worried of the PS3's success. At the moment there are already more games than I could spend time on. For people who spend 8-10 hrs a day gaming they need more. I would really rather not have more than one console so I am perfectly happy now and think I will be in the long run. I try not to bash the 360, but I don't think it has much longevity. I think microsoft scrambled to get something to market early, and it really worked for them this year, despite tremendous hardware failure and constant revisions/updates. People who purchased the Xbox 360 also likely would rather not have 2 consoles, so they would really just like to see the PS3 go away. They don't WANT to want it, therefore they have clouded judgement. If you do not actually own a PS3, you cannot say it is bad. No matter how much you read. Bashing the PS3 is the 'in' thing to do. Sony deserves that because of their marketing blunders. But don't take the majority of internet poster's opinions as fact. The PS3 is a really great platform and I look forward to many, many years of entertainment on it.

    The PS3 was released with no intention of gaining huge marketshare? Wow. Just... wow. The things people tell themselves to justify their purchases. The PS3 was ALWAYS released with the intention of gaining a huge marketshare. Anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't know the market.

    Honestly, the PS3 isn't a bad machine, on the contrary, it's a damn good machine. It's also absurdly expensive, which is driving away both customers (gaming machines need the casual market to survive) and developers (many of whom are already cutting their PS3 development). The ill will against Sony comes not from jealousy, but the fact that the company was so arrogant as to believe that most people would accept a $600 price tag for a game machine.

    Don't get me wrong, the 360 was launched for too high a price too. That's why it hasn't yet inherited the monster sales the PS2 got.

    On another note, never ever ever EVER buy a system for games that are planned to come out for it in the future. That's just begging for you to be let down. Buy a system for the games that are out now, and I mean that when looking at the 360 AND PS3. Buy the system with games that appeal to you.

    I was misquoted. You left out 'immediate'. It has still been less than a year since the release of the PS3 in the US. The thing was basically just released in the UK. It is a baby. Sony has the intention of coming out on top in the long run, but just give em some time, eh? ;-)

    Thanks for the advice. I bought the PS3 on release day because of Resistance Fall of Man, and because of the Playstation BRAND. PS2 is my favorite console of all time and I was simply upgrading it. I continued to play my PS2 games and since then games like God of War 2, Odin Sphere, and Okami have come out and continue to give my PS3 added value. The fact that it was the cheapest blu-ray player available did not hurt either. Since the purchase of my PS3, I have been nothing but happy with the subsequent releases of Motorstorm, Oblivion, Ninja Gaiden, etc.

    You don't see people bitching about a Porsche being 'absurdly expensive'. if a luxury item is simply out of your income bracket you don't buy it. If the PS3 is 'too expensive' for you then move on. Get over it. Don't bash it because it's expensive. It's expensive for a reason. Anyone who thinks Sony artificially inflated the price of the thing for some reason is delusional.

    My friend spent a little bit more on his xbox 360 and all necessary components than I did on my PS3 and its components, so I don't see how the 360 can be viewed as SUCH a cheaper alternative. With each game costing $60 and people on here saying they'll be buying 8 games in the next 3 months, why is the actual console costing a hundred bucks more such a big deal anyway?

  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    "old" games on the 360 are a pretty big selling point now... I really liked renting stuff like Call of Juarez

    Yeah and I like renting 'old' stuff like God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Sly Cooper 3 and Okami. What does that have to do with anything?

  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    My friend spent a little bit more on his xbox 360 and all necessary components than I did on my PS3 and its components, so I don't see how the 360 can be viewed as SUCH a cheaper alternative. With each game costing $60 and people on here saying they'll be buying 8 games in the next 3 months, why is the actual console costing a hundred bucks more such a big deal anyway?

    I swear I've seen PS3 games sit at the $60 price tag as well.

    What "necessary" components did your friend purchase that made it MORE than your PS3?

    Games completed recently: Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, On the Rain Precipice of Darkness 1-4.
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »


    You don't see people bitching about a Porsche being 'absurdly expensive'. if a luxury item is simply out of your income bracket you don't buy it. If the PS3 is 'too expensive' for you then move on. Get over it. Don't bash it because it's expensive. It's expensive for a reason. Anyone who thinks Sony artificially inflated the price of the thing for some reason is delusional.

    My friend spent a little bit more on his xbox 360 and all necessary components than I did on my PS3 and its components, so I don't see how the 360 can be viewed as SUCH a cheaper alternative. With each game costing $60 and people on here saying they'll be buying 8 games in the next 3 months, why is the actual console costing a hundred bucks more such a big deal anyway?

    You also don't see Porsche expecting to sell the same number of 911's as Honda sells Civics knowing that their market viability is heavily tied into units sold.

    As for the cost issue, it's perception. Why do items cost 9.99, 19.99, 99.99 etc?
    Because even if it's only a penny difference, and one that will be eaten up in taxes + more, average consumers will statistically choose a product that is listed for 9.99 over one listed as 10.00 regardless of other factors.

    And your friend may have paid more for the 360+ other stuff, but that was not needed to play it. If you have no need of a wireless extender, remote, HD DVD player, high end A/V cables, etc. The 360, even at the level of the Elite, is still cheaper than the PS3.
    The fact that the additional costs of either system becomes meaningless with the purchase of more and more games/accessories means little when comparing the "break in" costs of the system itself. It's all just perception and Sony screwed up this time just like Nintendo Screwed up with the N64.

  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Completely off-topic, but I just caught that "For people who spend 8-10 hrs a day gaming they need more" part of a post. While I think we all love gaming here, that really is a bit much. Anyone playing that much consistently needs to scale back a bit. Especially if you have a full-time job.

  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User
    edited September 2007
    It's one thing to enjoy the PS3 line up so far, but to say the PS3 has better exclusive games than the 360 is just the workings of a deluded mind.

    But then, I'm aiming on getting a PS3 in a couple of months when UT3 hits, as I don't have a PC that'll do it justice and I highly dobt Epic is gonna convince MS to allow KB&M supports, which I need on a game like Unreal Tournament.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Like I said, Sony ALWAYS intended to capture the mass market FROM THE BEGINNING. Its corporate statements and high shipping schedules don't lie.
    robcat09 wrote: »
    You don't see people bitching about a Porsche being 'absurdly expensive'. if a luxury item is simply out of your income bracket you don't buy it. If the PS3 is 'too expensive' for you then move on. Get over it. Don't bash it because it's expensive. It's expensive for a reason. Anyone who thinks Sony artificially inflated the price of the thing for some reason is delusional.

    The PS3 can't afford to be a luxury brand, because ALL game machines need the mass market. Otherwise developers won't develop for it. This is already happening. It's not luxury, it's self-defeating. And I'm bashing the price because I want them to succeed; I liked everything Sony brought with the PS2. But success ain't happening at this price point.
    My friend spent a little bit more on his xbox 360 and all necessary components than I did on my PS3 and its components, so I don't see how the 360 can be viewed as SUCH a cheaper alternative. With each game costing $60 and people on here saying they'll be buying 8 games in the next 3 months, why is the actual console costing a hundred bucks more such a big deal anyway?

    Oh god let's not start this again. It never goes anywhere good.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Rehab wrote: »
    Completely off-topic, but I just caught that "For people who spend 8-10 hrs a day gaming they need more" part of a post. While I think we all love gaming here, that really is a bit much. Anyone playing that much consistently needs to scale back a bit. Especially if you have a full-time job.

    You caught that out of context. Read the entire post before commenting.

    According to the amount of games some people on here are claiming to purchase each month, that amount of hours would NEED to be put in to complete them all. Otherwise you're just wasting money. And I would never be so full of myself as to tell someone what they should be doing with their time. If someone wants to spend 8 hrs a day playing a game (WoW anyone?) than that's their business. The amount of replies on here during a Monday means there are plenty of people currently wasting their time reading and responding to silly forum posts ;-)

  • AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    When that whole Sony Store credit card deal hit I got excited. I wanted to get a PS3 for the Blu Ray but couldn't justify spending the money on it just for that. Now with the price drop on top of the $150 and 0% APR for 12 months and five free Blu Rays how could I possibly say no?
    So I went into a Best Buy to pick up a couple of games and accessories before I ordered it.
    I looked at the titles on display and frowned. Everything I was interested in was either out on 360 or Resistance. Ah well, eventually good games would be coming out and that Sony Store was one hell of a deal. So I went to the demo unit. Picking up the control I remember thinking it felt very light, almost annoyingly so but no biggie, at least the L2 and R2 buttons had been improved. Same analog sticks I've disliked ever since using the original Xbox controller, though. But, hey, it feels a bit more comfortable than the PS2 dual shock. The demos were NBA and Motorstorm, so I played the demo of Motorstorm. The graphics were nice and the crashes very cool looking but...something felt wrong. Crashing just felt so hollow, it took me a minute or two to realize this was because of the lack of rumble. Man, I knew I liked rumble but I didn't think I'd miss it this much. I left the store feeling rather deflated. After debating it on and off the rest of the day I just came to the conclusion that, even at $30 a month for one year the PS3 just wasn't worth it for me.
    I like my PS2 well enough but never played Ratchet & Clank, I am not a Final Fantasy fan, and have never played all the way through any MGS since the first one. So even the THREE AAA titles it has on the horizon doesn't mean anything to me.
    Not to mention the absurd number of great multiplatform and Wii or 360 only titles this year means I really don't have room for a PS3. Now I understand not everyone likes Halo but looking at this seasons line-up of titles I simply don't understand why anyone would pick a PS3 over a 360 this year. Uncharted isn't even getting as much positive hype as Perfect Dark Zero or Heavenly Sword did, and we know how those two turned out.
    Even the hardware issues shouldn't be much of an issue, what with the new heatsinks, three year warranty, and the first shipment of 65nm in stores now.

  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    Honestly, a lot of people finish only a fraction of the games they buy. I buy relatively few games, so I finish most of them, but I do this thing where I'll just stall out towards the end of an RPG, only to pick it up a year or even years later and restart with every intention of finishing it. I succeed about half the time.

    Spoiler:
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The PS3 controller is definitely too light, and I don't like the R2/L2 buttons either. I've played a few games on the PS3, and agree: It feels pretty hollow without rumble.

    Games completed recently: Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, On the Rain Precipice of Darkness 1-4.
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Honestly, a lot of people finish only a fraction of the games they buy. I buy relatively few games, so I finish most of them, but I do this thing where I'll just stall out towards the end of an RPG, only to pick it up a year or even years later and restart with every intention of finishing it. I succeed about half the time.

    Oh man, I have that same exact problem. It sucks so bad to do that too... I think I got to the end of Tales of Symphonia about 3 times, and could never go on.

    Maybe it was my body forcing me to think the game never ends.

    Games completed recently: Resident Evil 4: HD Edition, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Sleeping Dogs, Dishonored, On the Rain Precipice of Darkness 1-4.
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    Honestly, a lot of people finish only a fraction of the games they buy. I buy relatively few games, so I finish most of them, but I do this thing where I'll just stall out towards the end of an RPG, only to pick it up a year or even years later and restart with every intention of finishing it. I succeed about half the time.

    Oh man, I have that same exact problem. It sucks so bad to do that too... I think I got to the end of Tales of Symphonia about 3 times, and could never go on.

    Maybe it was my body forcing me to think the game never ends.

    Tales of Symphonia never ends, because it has the best New Game + implimentation ever. Finish it! :D

    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    And I would never be so full of myself as to tell someone what they should be doing with their time.
    robcat09 wrote: »
    The amount of replies on here during a Monday means there are plenty of people currently wasting their time reading and responding to silly forum posts ;-)

    So if they are wasting their time don't you think you are suggesting that they should be doing other things? :rotate:

  • corin7corin7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    Honestly, a lot of people finish only a fraction of the games they buy. I buy relatively few games, so I finish most of them, but I do this thing where I'll just stall out towards the end of an RPG, only to pick it up a year or even years later and restart with every intention of finishing it. I succeed about half the time.

    Oh man, I have that same exact problem. It sucks so bad to do that too... I think I got to the end of Tales of Symphonia about 3 times, and could never go on.

    Maybe it was my body forcing me to think the game never ends.


    I was like that, before achievements. Now they are a constant reminder when I leave a game unfinished. I probably went from finishing about 25% of my games to 75% on the 360. Dead Rising is a thorn in my side right now. I really want to get further along with it but the tidal wave of awesome games coming out is drowning me.

    ninsig.jpg
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Doesn't the PS3 have something similar to achievements? I forgot what they were called but I remember you could view them while messing around with Home.

  • LoathingLoathing Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Probably not the best time to ask, but since were on the topic of Playstations...

    ...does the PS2 have some sort of HD cable that can be bought for HD TVs? My 360 runs fine using the cables that came with the system (red/blue/green) but the PS2 looks like complete ass when using its yellow/red/white ones. Theres a few PS2 games I want to play again but they look horrible atm on my tv.

    And yes I have a 360, and im planning on getting the PS3 once a few more games I want come out. Instead of contemplating which one I want, i'll get both. ;-)

    gnodab wrote: »
    There is nothing quite like smashing a bullhorn so hard in the ass with a supersledge that its head explodes.
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Rehab wrote: »
    Doesn't the PS3 have something similar to achievements? I forgot what they were called but I remember you could view them while messing around with Home.

    trophies

    don't know if they're out yet

    16kakxt.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited September 2007
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.



    so?

    16kakxt.jpg
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    Evangir wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    Honestly, a lot of people finish only a fraction of the games they buy. I buy relatively few games, so I finish most of them, but I do this thing where I'll just stall out towards the end of an RPG, only to pick it up a year or even years later and restart with every intention of finishing it. I succeed about half the time.

    Oh man, I have that same exact problem. It sucks so bad to do that too... I think I got to the end of Tales of Symphonia about 3 times, and could never go on.

    Maybe it was my body forcing me to think the game never ends.

    Tales of Symphonia never ends, because it has the best New Game + implimentation ever. Finish it! :D

    God, I didn't like Symphonia. I got about 10 hours into it and just couldn't force myself to go on any longer. The worst offender for me is DQ8. It's so long, and the experience is so homogenous the whole way through, I just can't do it.

    Spoiler:
  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Rehab wrote: »
    Doesn't the PS3 have something similar to achievements? I forgot what they were called but I remember you could view them while messing around with Home.

    I think they will start being integrated into games when Home is available in October.

    I remember the Ratchet and Clank series on the pS2 having these objectives that were like Achievements, although they didn't give you points or anything. It was just fun figuring out what you needed to do to unlock each thing. They had funny titles that were clues to what you need to do in order to 'unlock' it.

    I'm hoping the new Ratchet and Clank has a similar thing that is more integrated with your account.

  • NevaNeva Registered User
    edited September 2007
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.

    That's why there's the unwritten rule that only achievements for good games count. It does add a bit of replayablity to the game, and show ya things you might not of known that were in the game.

    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

    "Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Loathing wrote: »
    Probably not the best time to ask, but since were on the topic of Playstations...

    ...does the PS2 have some sort of HD cable that can be bought for HD TVs? My 360 runs fine using the cables that came with the system (red/blue/green) but the PS2 looks like complete ass when using its yellow/red/white ones. Theres a few PS2 games I want to play again but they look horrible atm on my tv.

    And yes I have a 360, and im planning on getting the PS3 once a few more games I want come out. Instead of contemplating which one I want, i'll get both. ;-)

    Buy the component cables for PS2 OR PS3, either would work, and you'd have an easier time finding the PS3 ones in a store, although the pS2 ones are probably cheaper.

  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    Rehab wrote: »
    Doesn't the PS3 have something similar to achievements? I forgot what they were called but I remember you could view them while messing around with Home.

    I think they will start being integrated into games when Home is available in October.

    I remember the Ratchet and Clank series on the pS2 having these objectives that were like Achievements, although they didn't give you points or anything. It was just fun figuring out what you needed to do to unlock each thing. They had funny titles that were clues to what you need to do in order to 'unlock' it.

    I'm hoping the new Ratchet and Clank has a similar thing that is more integrated with your account.

    They're more than likely already integrated into the games. Theres just no way of activating them yet.

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    I'm just gonna come out and say it

    Anyone who looks at the list of exclusives for 360 and PS3 and chooses PS3 over 360 is either a huge Final Fantasy or MGS fan, or is just weird.

    Why do you say that? care to elaborate? I'd like to defend my position, but I am not sure which 360 exclusives you are referring to. Can you make a list of both systems exclusives so we can discuss before people are called weird?

    I am a fan of neither MGS nor Final Fantasy.

  • corin7corin7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Neva wrote: »
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.

    That's why there's the unwritten rule that only achievements for good games count. It does add a bit of replayablity to the game, and show ya things you might not of known that were in the game.

    I like being able to log into a web site from work and see where I am currently at on all my games. It helps pass the time. I can also look at co-workers gamer cards and see what they have been playing and how bad they suck compared to me. I can then give them shit. Do some people take them too seriously? You bet. That doesn't mean they are worthless, a lot of us really enjoy the fact that they are there.

    ninsig.jpg
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    corin7 wrote: »
    Neva wrote: »
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.

    That's why there's the unwritten rule that only achievements for good games count. It does add a bit of replayablity to the game, and show ya things you might not of known that were in the game.

    I like being able to log into a web site from work and see where I am currently at on all my games. It helps pass the time. I can also look at co-workers gamer cards and see what they have been playing and how bad they suck compared to me. I can then give them shit. Do some people take them too seriously? You bet. That doesn't mean they are worthless, a lot of us really enjoy the fact that they are there.

    I didn't say they were worthless. I meant i don't understand how people can take them so seriously as to buy games just to get the points. Even my coworkers do it, borrowing crappy games, again like Meet the Robinsons and Shrek in order to just get points. Why would you use your time playing a game like that for points?

    ...it's in the shape of a giant c**k.
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    corin7 wrote: »
    Neva wrote: »
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.

    That's why there's the unwritten rule that only achievements for good games count. It does add a bit of replayablity to the game, and show ya things you might not of known that were in the game.

    I like being able to log into a web site from work and see where I am currently at on all my games. It helps pass the time. I can also look at co-workers gamer cards and see what they have been playing and how bad they suck compared to me. I can then give them shit. Do some people take them too seriously? You bet. That doesn't mean they are worthless, a lot of us really enjoy the fact that they are there.

    I didn't say they were worthless. I meant i don't understand how people can take them so seriously as to buy games just to get the points. Even my coworkers do it, borrowing crappy games, again like Meet the Robinsons and Shrek in order to just get points. Why would you use your time playing a game like that for points?

    Some people like collecting things? Maybe they like increasing their score? Shouldn't that be enough?

    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.

    so?

    He is saying that achievement whores, in their quest for more achievement points, take on some bad habits and purchase some questionable games at times.

    They are kind of like drug addicts but the symptoms aren't nearly as bad.

  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well this wasn't unexpected. :P

    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis

    steam_sig.png
  • corin7corin7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    corin7 wrote: »
    Neva wrote: »
    I don't understand achievements. I mean on MS's side its a good idea but for the customer? We have people who come in, adults, to buy Meet The Robinsons because its an easy way to score some extra achievement points. Good god.

    That's why there's the unwritten rule that only achievements for good games count. It does add a bit of replayablity to the game, and show ya things you might not of known that were in the game.

    I like being able to log into a web site from work and see where I am currently at on all my games. It helps pass the time. I can also look at co-workers gamer cards and see what they have been playing and how bad they suck compared to me. I can then give them shit. Do some people take them too seriously? You bet. That doesn't mean they are worthless, a lot of us really enjoy the fact that they are there.

    I didn't say they were worthless. I meant i don't understand how people can take them so seriously as to buy games just to get the points. Even my coworkers do it, borrowing crappy games, again like Meet the Robinsons and Shrek in order to just get points. Why would you use your time playing a game like that for points?


    We are in complete agreement here. Spending your time playing crappy games just to inflate your epeen. Bleh.

    ninsig.jpg
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User
    edited September 2007
    5$ to score some quick achievement points to show off doesn't sound too bad

    16kakxt.jpg
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dashui wrote: »
    Well this wasn't unexpected. :P

    Total posts racked up: 3,323.

    Achievement unlocked!

  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    360 gets a massive boost from Live Arcade.

    Best thing evar.

    Seriously though, I <3 it.

    fragglefart.jpg
  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    "old" games on the 360 are a pretty big selling point now... I really liked renting stuff like Call of Juarez

    Yeah and I like renting 'old' stuff like God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Sly Cooper 3 and Okami. What does that have to do with anything?
    oh nevermind

    I thought we were talking about videogames in this thread

    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    "old" games on the 360 are a pretty big selling point now... I really liked renting stuff like Call of Juarez

    Yeah and I like renting 'old' stuff like God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Sly Cooper 3 and Okami. What does that have to do with anything?
    oh nevermind

    I thought we were talking about videogames in this thread

    This is a 360 vs. PS3 thread. Citing 'Call of Juarez' as a 'selling point' against the back catalog of PS1/PS2/PS3 is, well... interesting.

  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rehab wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Well this wasn't unexpected. :P

    Total posts racked up: 3,323.

    Achievement unlocked!

    Insinuating that that post was just to "rack up" posts? Le sigh.

    Actually, I was just expressing how it wasn't unexpected that the thread turned into a cock fight. It seems the original poster already made his decision, but we're still arguing which is better. We haven't had one in awhile, now that I think about it. Guess it's about time for that debate to surface again.

    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis

    steam_sig.png
  • robcat09robcat09 Registered User
    edited September 2007
    360 gets a massive boost from Live Arcade.

    Best thing evar.

    Seriously though, I <3 it.

    For someone who doesn't have a 360, can you describe the Live Arcade or point to a location on the web to learn more about it? I know it costs money, and not all 360's can access it due to lack of harddrive on some models (and the need for wifi adapter) but other than that I don't know about the games on it that are similar in quality to Super Stardust, Gripshift, Nucleus, Calling all Cars, Warhawk, Pain, Loco Roco, Echochrome and Gran Turismo HD, as well as the PS1 back catalog.

  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Zhu-Li, do the thing! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    robcat09 wrote: »
    360 gets a massive boost from Live Arcade.

    Best thing evar.

    Seriously though, I <3 it.

    For someone who doesn't have a 360, can you describe the Live Arcade or point to a location on the web to learn more about it? I know it costs money, and not all 360's can access it due to lack of harddrive on some models (and the need for wifi adapter) but other than that I don't know about the games on it that are similar in quality to Super Stardust, Gripshift, Nucleus, Calling all Cars, Warhawk, Pain, Loco Roco, Echochrome and Gran Turismo HD, as well as the PS1 back catalog.

    Wow, you're defending Sony sharply and in lavish detail.

    And I can't help but notice that this is your first day here, and you've only posted in generalized Sony threads.

    Hmmmm.

    That reminds me, I need to pick up some potting soil on my way home.

    3DS: 0344-9335-6762
Sign In or Register to comment.