As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

@Anarchy strikes again!!

Looks like a very RPG Christmas, thanks man!

Happy Holidays good sir!

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    My family doesn't do Christmas anymore besides a few gift cards from relatives and being single this year meant secret Santa is the only festive thing I've been a part of (i think some RL friends will be doing a small post Christmas ss though) and I just want to say I love this community and secret Santa with all of you is one of the most holly, nay jolly festivities I get to have been a part of. I hope everyone feels similarly and enjoys their day if you do more extensive celebration than I do (which shouldn't be hard).

And Santa- no worries. I have faith in you.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    JMJYiA9.gif
    JnqZ33b.png
    @Shady3011 has revealed himself with 3 months of Live and Nintendo eShop credit! Thank you much!

Mechanical on
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    @shadowane gave me another gift, an indirect one.

The necessity to clean out my shelf to make room for the books:

n29y.jpg

:D

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    never clean out shelves! just pile more books on there, theres room. put em on top and in front of each other in a giant pile of nonsense. it is the one true way.

• Options
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    never clean out shelves! just pile more books on there, theres room. put em on top and in front of each other in a giant pile of nonsense. it is the one true way.

the majority of my book collection was boxed up when i went to college and my parents lost their house, then all the books i bought during college are boxed up at my parents' apartment.

so basically when i move into my own space, it's gonna be bookception.

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    I've uh...I've depleted the options of that approach

37xt.jpg

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Merry Christmas, Secret Santa thread.

Another successful year has passed, and I look forward to doing it again next year.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I waffled but ultimately backed out this year, because I knew this Christmas season was going to be tumultuous.

Not this time. No.. I'm going to start saving so I have a shit-ton of money and can participate in G&T's, CF's, and SE++'s Secret Santas next year. Maybe even D&D's!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i think my santee is just not going to ever post anything about my present at this point. hes got 2 total posts ever and hasnt been online since 11/13. i just hope he gives his own santee a present at least :(

• Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

Alright opened my xmas gifts and got...
    Pandemic 2nd Edition and For The Win!

j17x3o.jpg

Tried a round of Pandemic.

20jidnb.jpg

Ended up losing the first time! But the second time we beat it. Definitely a must have game. Also tried some For The Win.

29nwk8x.jpg

It is a pretty neat quick game to play as well. Well to finish off my santa decided to steam bomb me with another game on steam!

4q0hu8.jpg

Starforge! This game looks really awesome! Thanks again santa for the sweet ass xmas.

Thanks Santa! <3

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    KhezKhez Registered User regular
    Ah_Pook wrote: »
    i think my santee is just not going to ever post anything about my present at this point. hes got 2 total posts ever and hasnt been online since 11/13. i just hope he gives his own santee a present at least :(

I'm in the same boat brother!

76561197967286566.png

Psn: Khezaf
    Wildstar: MeHealU
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Yeah, next year, I seriously hope they add in some kind of like.. activity requirement or something. You know, maybe like 12 posts in a year. I think posting once a month isn't asking too much.

Instead of like, never.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Considering we had zero deadbeats last year, I think the requirements are working fine right now.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Considering we had zero deadbeats last year, I think the requirements are working fine right now.

I would think that potential new one would be less to rule out deadbeats and more to feel like you are really buying for a member of the community. Also it is easier to stalk people with a real forum presence.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »

I was called upon to bunny last year, so there was at least one deadbeat. Pretty sure it was just the one though.

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    still no package guess santa will be here tomorrow?
    been kind of a sucky chistmas as we had a death in the family a week ago.
    well we'll see what tomorrow brings

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Yay! @EvilBadMan's present finally arrived! I kept checking the tracking, as the parcel sat in LAX from Friday until Monday, and I was getting worried that a) Customs didn't like the Kinder eggs, and b) it wouldn't make it at all!

Glad you like it, sir!!

I've not been Santa-ed yet - I was told to expect something on Monday, but nothing arrived, and today is Boxing Day here, so there will be no post until tomorrow. Not worried, though, its much more fun stalking and sourcing stuff for my Santee. I'm nearly better now, @EvilBadMan, so hopefully by the weekend I'll send you the last part of your present.

Happy Christmas, everyone xoxoxo

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Just an FYI Santa, I arrive home on the 31st. I really hope I get something but am a little worried by lack of a any proxy messages. Hopefully I don't have a deadbeat :( Ah well, very pleased my Santee got everything safe and sound

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Honestly, it is cool that there are no restrictions on this. It can get some people into the forums, and the like.

That said, my one time participating in a Secret Santa here involved me not getting anything, so I can see where people are coming from on that end too.

Luckily, since then the backups/bunnies have been instituted, so it will still end up good. :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Even with no posting, as long as they fill out interests and all that it gives you something to go with... and if all else fails, I think we, as a community, have a pretty common interest. And heck, its a gift, even if its not up your alley, it's something you didn't have the day before.

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    Santa, I don't want to scare you but a USPS truck overturned on the highway and mail was scattered all over the road. I hope it wasn't a "giftsmash.gif" occasion.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    It isn't even about the deadbeats (And yes I was asked to easter bunny last year and sent out some kung fu action.) or whether its possible to do. I mean I did it. It's more... It just doesn't really feel like a community thing when you could have easily pulled that same kind of secret santa from the reddit secret santa post and dealt with someone just as related to this community.

It's not any fun, at all. It's like seriously the saddest kind of thing to get a Santee that isn't a part of the community you enjoy, the community you joined a secret santa to have fun with. Like even if I didn't even like the person it would still be 100x more fun to secret santa them because they were actively a part of our community and I could do something interesting. Elsewise its just like.. doing the angel tree at Walmart or something. Sure its a warm fuzzy, but its literally for a stranger instead of a member of the community I just don't know very well.

Oh well, such it is, I'll still join next year probably and just hope for the best.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    Hey Santee! Part Two of your gift, according to CanadaPost, is scheduled to hit your doorstep tomorrow. Get ready!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

I arrive home from my Christmas travels to see a box waiting for me on our stairs.

It is heavy, and sloshes with anticipation.
    I set it by the tree for inspection.

S6Jocqp.jpg

Also, you can see that I am running low on bourbon. Unrelated to the gift.
    Let's bust this baby open!

GBsTwdb.jpg

A letter (indicating more goodness is still on the way!), some peanuts, and several mysterious cylinders.

KzMDQyB.jpg

Aha! It is that self-proclaimed legend of soft drinks, Cheerwine! Let's fish the rest out.

l14C591.jpg

A whole twelver. Thanks so much santa! I certainly can't get these in Washington. I've been sipping on one and it's quite tasty. Like many classic sodas it's not overpoweringly sweet, so it actually tastes of cherries and not Artificial Cherry Flavor.

I'll have to mix this up with my bourbon later tonight to see what happens.

Thanks Again!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Santa wasn't done with me! UPS came to give me a package with two more packages inside of it. I was given zombies and dice - Zombie Dice! Thanks very much, Santa. This is getting a first run this week at game night. :)

image_zpsa5930c29.jpg

image_zps46237fa4.jpg

And next is to investigate who Santa is!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I got a gift from Santa! I'm not home so I'll have to post a proper gift get later. I was berated for altering my Steam wish list. Also, took a picture of us enjoying the syrup that was wonderfully sent as well, and will get that up soon.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif
    PART 2! Gifting harder...
    ...and faster.
    oh god yes!

How awesome is my santa?
    The most awesome.

I've been shamelessly getting shit on the steam store, stuffing my steam library's belly in true American fashion. Removing regular pants (because that top button was done) and putting on stretchy sweatpants. Finally after much protest from the wife, and my wallet, I thought I was done.
    Well @Imperfect looked at my bloated steam library and force fed it some more.
    giftgetagain_zps50863799.jpg

Thanks again!
    xoxoxo

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

IT'S HERE! The loyal (and extremely old) family dog Emma eagerly investigates the package.

IBjWQSp.jpg

Good girl, Emma! Now, to rip things open.

2Dggi24.jpg

A wild letter appears! It's a walkthrough.

3s8yk4R.jpg?1

*brofists in return*

The Brothers Chaps have mentioned wanting to do more Homestar Runner stuff eventually, but yeah. Fear not! I think I still have my "Get Ye Fask" shirt around in passable condition somewhere.

Nv4lC5A.jpg

Indeed, it's pretty great. (Trackmania gift get and followup for those of you at home just joining us!)

So, this is a huge box filled with packing peanuts. Finding the specified box revealed way more packages than I expected. WHAT COULD THEY CONTAIN?!?!
    nP4OZsF.jpg

xr7tAog.jpg?1

Dungeon Roll! I've seen this in a local game shop, and it looks super neat. So many dice with little symbols on them. <3

Next up!

6HEvGPv.jpg

Oh my goodness.

pN0ySDz.jpg

Eeeeeee! It's the Star Wars Miniatures game! The present opening operation almost screeches to a halt. Opening all the little ships and having an epic space battle with my brother is a very real, very imminent possibility. But cooler heads prevail because that last bit on the page indicates SOMETHING ABOUT FOOD.

RyUX6l0.jpg?1

Psyche! It's actually a Minecraft torch. Literally awesome.

Ok, now what? Back to Star Wars? No, because he's TALKING ABOUT FOOD AGAIN.

rj8ZTuh.jpg

*gasp*

BgdPSnN.jpg

INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO MAKE FOOD I CAN EAT. Stupendous!

It's over! Thank you! Wait a minute. Why is there an extra package here? Did I skip a paragraph?

lr6CyAJ.jpg

I DID. Minecraft cookie cutters! Here's the back of the boxen:

IvCgOvx.jpg?1

The haul:

nAE4RKb.jpg

This is thoughtful gifting, ladies and gentlemen. I'll get a bunch of use out of all of this. Rolling strange dice to defeat strange monsters! Battling plastic ships! Eating non-poisonous bread! Not falling down stairs when I get up in the middle of the night (actually a totally legit concern I haven't mentioned anywhere online. how closely were you stalking me again? ;) )

Thank you very much, @Elvenshae and family!

• Options
    edited December 2013
    My Santa said there was something else on the way, and while I'm perfectly happy with what I got, I just want to pop in and say that nothing's arrive yet just in case so he's pacing the floor over a delivery.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    I love this time of year

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif
    Decided to wait until Christmas to open up these bad boys.

iNTp8Xo.jpg
    Why?

c072cqL.jpg
    Due to siblings asking for a wishlist from me, I am now the proud owner of two copies of this awesome game. B)

That leaves me with two closing remarks:
    Why and thanks, @Kipling

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Like you have to ask why.

• Options
    I just hope Kipling didn't pay more than $0 for Vampire Rain: Altered Species.

• Options
    That reminds me of the one year someone got a dreamcast and some game they had tobeat before they got the real gift

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Holy smokes @Frem that's one hellova haul!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Welcome back to G&T, everyone! Just a reminder that the deadline is rapidly approaching: your gift must be en route to your Santee by December 31st!

If you are having any difficulties, you should talk to Hypatia immediately.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Mine said delivered earlier this week. I just assume holidays and such means they didn't pick it up yet.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

Actually, it was in my mailbox when I got home on the 24th, but I haven't gotten around to posting until now. Sorry!

I have no pets of my own, though I did spend Xmas Eve with this little lady:
    1224131312_zps8bea82b2.jpg
    So that'll have to do for cute animal pictures.

What'd I get, what'd I get?
    1224132236a_zpsc3b78073.jpg
    It's a rectangle! I love rectangles!

No, wait, there's another rectangle inside this one!
    1224132237_zps15f59d20.jpg
    A Pratchett book even I don't own! The little elastic band holds in a poster map almost the size of my mattress, covering the great sprawl of Ankh-Morpork in greater detail than the sane mind dares to comprehend.

Super-thanks, Santa! Now show yourself!

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    That reminds me of the one year someone got a dreamcast and some game they had tobeat before they got the real gift

I got a Xbox and had to beat Max Payne 2 two years ago.