As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MLP: Half the ponies, twice the excitement! Season 5 in Spring 2015!!!

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Oooh, are we talking about pony dreams? I had pony two pony dreams so far, both which I played more of a observing role rather than a interacting one.

In the first one something caused Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy to merge bodies and they had to seek Twilight for help. I think I only got up to them trotting towards the Library knocking on her door late at night.

In the second one something trapped Rarity in a painting and she had to sing to free herself.

I should really write down what happens in them, but I usually get confused and can't think straight when I wake up trying to remember a dream I just had.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that the university I work at became a magic school, with human Celestia as the headmaster and my boss. I was learning to do magic while I worked in the library and I had a cat named Spike, so I guess I was Twilight. At one point some younger students, I assume the CMC, attempted some summoning magic. Except it failed and there was a possessed car terrorizing the campus then. I tried to get Celestia to help, but on the way to find her I ran into Mark Wahlberg and he took care of it. No idea what he was doing there. Celestia was disappointed that I couldn't handle the car, so she hid Spike somewhere on campus and I had to find him using magic. I found a bunch of cats that weren't him and ended up waking up because there was a car alarm outside.

Hmn, are you sure the car alarm wasn't from the possessed car?

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Ruldar wrote: »
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I had a dream last night that the university I work at became a magic school, with human Celestia as the headmaster and my boss. I was learning to do magic while I worked in the library and I had a cat named Spike, so I guess I was Twilight. At one point some younger students, I assume the CMC, attempted some summoning magic. Except it failed and there was a possessed car terrorizing the campus then. I tried to get Celestia to help, but on the way to find her I ran into Mark Wahlberg and he took care of it. No idea what he was doing there. Celestia was disappointed that I couldn't handle the car, so she hid Spike somewhere on campus and I had to find him using magic. I found a bunch of cats that weren't him and ended up waking up because there was a car alarm outside.

Hmn, are you sure the car alarm wasn't from the possessed car?

I'm sure, Marky Mark took care of that.

• Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    @Blendtec, was your dream animated or real life. Was Celestia a woman with colored hair? Was it flowy and etherial or real?

halkun on
  • Options
    RetrocheerileeRetrocheerilee RetroJunkRegistered User regular
    E 11 Threes A Crowd
    The Hub Network's synopsis for this episode: "Twilight is looking forward to some quality bonding time with Princess Cadance. But when a sick friend shows up needing Twilight’s attention, it looks like her plans for a peaceful visit with her sister-in-law will have to be put on hold."

Capture.PNG

• Options
    InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    Applejack's singing voice is my favorite on the show. Not surprising with Ms. Ball being in a band though.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    E 11 Threes A Crowd
    The Hub Network's synopsis for this episode:
    "Twilight is looking forward to some quality bonding time with Princess Cadance. But when a sick friend shows up needing Twilight’s attention, it looks like her plans for a peaceful visit with her sister-in-law will have to be put on hold."

Capture.PNG

Put that under spoiler tags please.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    So, this got posted in the Winter thread but not here. Basically, if you want to try playing the MLP CCG online, this guy is trying to make that happen through OCTGN.

http://news.everfree.net/2013/12/mlp-card-game-octgn-plug-in-now-in-testing/

If anyone decides to download it and wants to play, lemme know. I'm eager to test it out.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Fucking hell. I knew there was a reason I wanted to stop by Target tonight!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    halkun wrote: »
    Blendtec, was your dream animated or real life. Was Celestia a woman with colored hair? Was it flowy and etherial or real?

@halkun real life, Celestia was a pale woman with long bluish-silver hair, it wasn't ethereal but it did seem to flow, like there was a slight breeze on it at all times. It was almost like a way more realistic Equestria Girls, like my Spike the cat wasn't purple, but I knew he was Spike. He didn't talk either. It all sounds crazy, but I have pretty vivid dreams.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Finally got my booster box broken down and sorted. Ended up getting 12 foils all together, 3 were UR's (Lyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyra, Octavia, and Philomena), and the other 9 were foil versions of other cards in the set.

No 'Tia, sadly.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Also had missed they put up a new DinkySharkFighter32 video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM5FGiwJ5_A

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I knew there was a thing I was waiting to post

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Twi-Jack deck has Professor Bill Neigh!

Of course, the card drops the "Bill" part...

Not sure if Comet Tail's title of "Hale Bopper" is appropriate or not...

Edit: Pinkie's dad is named Igneous Rock btw (it's even trademarked!)

I really hope that future series of cards have A) more mane characters (even if they have to tie them to a specific element) and 2) use art from other sources.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I'd be very surprised if we don't get at least a set of Power Ponies mane characters in a future expansion.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    <Big inhale>

.....yay!

What were my prize options again?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Jeez what's with these ominous endings lately...it's as if we will see something in this episode come back later on in the season.

• Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    Well that was fun.

• Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    That episode was completely awesome.

FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Why do you need fangs to viciously eat fruit?

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    You had one job, Pinkie

A couple of other neat touches that people might have missed:
    Look carefully at Applejack's pupils.

6DjDHJN.jpg

Vampireshy's cutie mark is bats.

So much good stuff this episode. Rarity's 'suit' was hilarious.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I think Dash may have a drinking problem.

Also, I hope that ending was more than a mere dun dun DUN, but I doubt it.
    Though if it is followed up on, maybe it'll also involve Luna's bat-pony royal guards and we got more of a background on them.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Damn. The writers sure do enjoy...
    Transforming Pinkie Pie any chance they get...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Though if it is followed up on, maybe it'll also involve Luna's bat-pony royal guards and we got more of a background on them.
    That's three dun dun DUN endings we've had this season so far; the shadow in the castle, Spike's disappearing comic book, now this.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options

That's three dun dun DUN endings we've had this season so far; the shadow in the castle, Spike's disappearing comic book, now this.

Yeah. In fact...
    I believe that every episode outside of the opener and the CMC have had twist endings. And rushed ones, at that.

They're building to something.

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I really like today's song

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Good episode today. The bit at the end was kinda weird, almost reminds me of Matt Smith's first season as the Doctor, with all the foreshadowing with the cracks. Can't wait to see the payoff.

• Options
    edited December 2013

I don't count the comic book disappearing a cliffhanger moment. It did it's job by the Mane 6 finishing the story then dispels itself, must be something enchanted comic books do.

Looking back at the episodes mainly because the screen fades to black in power ponies with a light hearted score in the background rather than cutting away to black in Castle Mania and BATS! with more ominous music.
    Adds more suspense and mystery that way.

Riokenn on
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Damn. The writers sure do enjoy...
    Transforming Fluttershy any chance they get...

And I'm lovin' it.

• Options
    big_mac_by_whitedove_creations-d6zoi0x.jpg

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Man, the CCG is so surprisingly good.

Bought the 2-player starter deck for my wife, and then later that night ordered the two theme decks and 2 boosters which won't arrive until Friday. Today we grabbed 6 boosters and some sleeves.

Aaand now I'm sitting here with a booster box in my amazon cart, and I don't know what the hell is happening. I hate CCGs. >.<

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    You know what would be neat?
    If, from now on, whenever there's a scene of the Mane 6 getting together to eat, Fluttershy is only ever shown to be drinking something and not eating.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Figured I'd show off my loot my friend, who is not a pony fan but is supportive of the weird things I get into, got me for Hearths Warming eve

Rainbow Dash and Derpy...Defenders of the Xbox One

And yes I know I need to dust and apparently clean up the wires behind my entertainment center.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    I have that Derpy at work, but I can't bring myself to buy the Rainbow Dash.. I'm just not so sure about the way the face is done up.

• Options
    Derry is totally the person to guard a expensive and delicate piece of equipment.

*RROD* "I just don't know what went wrong..."

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    It's the hair! They gave her the wrong color!

• Options
    tumblr_mydmykOlRj1rxzaoho1_1280.png

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Went to Target in search for the 2 pack Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie deck and came back with these.
    ponyhaul_by_riokenng3-d6zxupk.png

Atleast I have a deck if I run into anyone at MAGfest who wants to throw down.
    Oh and blind bag pones!

Riokenn on
This discussion has been closed.