As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    Shady3011 wrote: »
    That reminds me of the one year someone got a dreamcast and some game they had tobeat before they got the real gift

I got a Xbox and had to beat Max Payne 2 two years ago.

I think the worst was the Burger King game. Despite the novelty, I'm sure the game was extremely difficult to get through. I'm afraid I would disappoint my Santa if I had to play through a crappy game to get to the real gift. I have no patience any more!

• Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    Schide wrote: »
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    People seem to be having financial issues this year

That's what almost stopped me from participating this year. However, I genuinely look forward to this now that I didn't want that to be the only reason to not sign-up again.

Can you play a bad game and tell us about it, just for old times' sake?

It'll depend on how malevolent my Santa is. I almost got a copy of Vampire Rain earlier this year. *cough*

@Shady3011

Why? Reading back through posts, I enjoyed your other LPs. So don't write things like this and not expect it.

Kipling on
    3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    JMJYiA9.gif

Actually, it was in my mailbox when I got home on the 24th, but I haven't gotten around to posting until now. Sorry!

I have no pets of my own, though I did spend Xmas Eve with this little lady:
    1224131312_zps8bea82b2.jpg
    So that'll have to do for cute animal pictures.

What'd I get, what'd I get?
    1224132236a_zpsc3b78073.jpg
    It's a rectangle! I love rectangles!

No, wait, there's another rectangle inside this one!
    1224132237_zps15f59d20.jpg
    A Pratchett book even I don't own! The little elastic band holds in a poster map almost the size of my mattress, covering the great sprawl of Ankh-Morpork in greater detail than the sane mind dares to comprehend.

Super-thanks, Santa! Now show yourself!

@Bursar

That's from me, glad it's something you don't have. I knew nothing about Pratchett before this but a friend told me that book was pretty highly sought after by fans since he does little in the way of supplemental material for his universe.

Glad it got to you on time, I ordered it on the 4th and it shipped on the 5th! Every other seller had it shipping from the UK but I thought I was getting faster shipping from a US seller.

Happy Holidays!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Ancient tracking glyphs indicate I have another package out for delivery. Ahead of schedule! :D Yay Santa!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    GiftGet-1_zpsf0a91d66.gif

My latest message via "proxy" from my santa!
    You didn't really think that deleting your wishlist would save you?
    Merry Christmas!

330x192
    Santa caught me! Now I'll need to slit some throats as penance.

Thanks @santa! I still don't know who you are, but you've effectively cleaned out my Steam wishlist! I don't even know what else I could even add to it at this point if Steam were to do one of their giveaways for people who have 10 or more games in their wishlist. It's been a whirlwind of a week so sorry it's a bit late getting posted.

Also, here's the picture of us enjoying the syrup my santa from last year sent us!
    1225131003_zpsdd37ac75.jpg

You can see the "lesser" syrups in the background for children who can't tell the difference. :D Also not pictured, the french toast casserole that was previously discussed. Not sure if my mother-in-law forgot to make it or what, but it didn't arrive, so it was a good thing we made pancakes!

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Chocolate chip pancakes. Yes.

Is that some sort of... egg disc?

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Yeah, you break the egg into a cookie cutter to get that. I do it when I make the homemade version of restaurant breakfast sammiches so the egg fits inside the English muffin. :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Actually those are blueberries in the shape of a J.
    The eggs were put in a muffin tin and baked. That way my wife could make 24 eggs at the same time. Sadly we forgot to buy the English muffins. :-(

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Actually those are blueberries in the shape of a J.
    The eggs were put in a muffin tin and baked. That way my wife could make 24 eggs at the same time. Sadly we forgot to buy the English muffins. :-(

Hey that muffin tin thing is a pretty good idea. I might have to steal that.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Ooh, muffin tin, an even better idea.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    So, nothing to report here, yet, although I have made my first ever hot water crust raised game pie from the leftovers of the goose Ballantine we had on Christmas Day :)
    Santa, I did have a message telling me a parcel would arrive last Monday, nothing has yet.

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited December 2013
    My SS has struck again! (Part 3!!!)

JMJYiA9.gif

The package, what could it be? (Cameo appearance of the graphic novel also from SS!)
    i0U9EWkl.jpg

The reveal! Thank you @Darunia106 , you are so generous. It most definitely made me feel the spirit of giving this year and I will participate again next year.
    dl5vvVsl.jpg

Mrs. Scudmuffin is very excited over this. We LOVE Trader Joes Peanut butter cups (who wouldn't.. well those with nut allergies... but meh.) Also included, Toblerone, Kisses (daaaawwwww), and some Belgian chocolate :D
    MUksWn7l.jpg

thank you again for your kindness and generosity.

ScudMuffin on
    XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    My Santa said there was something else on the way, and while I'm perfectly happy with what I got, I just want to pop in and say that nothing's arrive yet just in case so he's pacing the floor over a delivery.

I had wondered! A small amount of UK candy is winging its way to you! Should have been there by now though!

• Options
    iMatt wrote: »
    My Santa said there was something else on the way, and while I'm perfectly happy with what I got, I just want to pop in and say that nothing's arrive yet just in case so he's pacing the floor over a delivery.

I had wondered! A small amount of UK candy is winging its way to you! Should have been there by now though!

Did you send it priority or anything? International mail service seems like it's been particularly slow this year.

• Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    Kipling wrote: »
    Schide wrote: »
    People seem to be having financial issues this year

That's what almost stopped me from participating this year. However, I genuinely look forward to this now that I didn't want that to be the only reason to not sign-up again.

Can you play a bad game and tell us about it, just for old times' sake?

It'll depend on how malevolent my Santa is. I almost got a copy of Vampire Rain earlier this year. *cough*

@Shady3011

Why? Reading back through posts, I enjoyed your other LPs. So don't write things like this and not expect it.

You know, I was thinking of a reason to play it.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    JMJYiA9.gif

Another box has arrived, ahead of schedule even!
    FSLQcoi.jpg

Let's open 'er up, oh hey a cat, people love those cats. Get in the picture you dummo.
    zFccJtQ.jpg

That went, not as well as expected. Well let's make with the presents.
    qvS7NmS.jpg

Enough Pocky to give Wilford Brimley super-diabetes as packing materials, as well as CAH and Super Mario 3D Land to round it all out. Very awesome! I've played a lot of CAH but have yet to grab a set of my own, save for PAX and Holiday Bullshit cards. Mario is one of the games I've been keeping myself from buying, just in case this very event were to pass. Thank you so much!

But who, who is my santee? Let's read the letter.
    60pOZJL.jpg

It's @DiannaoChong! Thanks again, these are some excellent gifts!

EDIT: Also currently drinking 2 fingers of Bourbon, three dashes Peychaud's, a splash of Cheerwine, and a brandied cherry to garnish.

Aioua on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    god this thread makes me feel so good.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2013
    I'm gonna be sad when it's time to close up shop for the season.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

So I decided to make things hard on my Secret Santa by suggesting they gift stuff to my son instead of me.

A package from Frem! Obligatory pet photo.
    img

A note!
    KvRmLWx.jpg

Nice drawings on the presents.
    1z9VFqM.jpg

And a picture of the gifts.
    b4uhVOL.jpg

Here's an album with better pictures of the individual "box art".

All in all, a wonderful job for a difficult task.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be said when it's time to close up shop for the season.

That's when we start most secret Santa and begin lurking in the bushes of fellow forumers for the next 10 months. Ever watchful. Ever ready to gift.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Pssh, tell that kid to make his own account and stop mooching off his dad's Secret Santa.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Bugger, image link fail. I'll try again.

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Wooooo!

JMJYiA9.gif

This calls for help from @LewieP, who just happens to be home right now ...

LewieP's Mummy on

• Options
    Trying again:

JMJYiA9.gif

An unidentified parcel arrives at the front door, Dr Who and Amy investigate it:

Yp0To85.jpg[img][/img]

It holds a ransom demand from the planet Customs Duty that the Doctor neutralises with his trusty sonic screwdriver:

[img][/img]vsHUYPT.jpg

He flies the TARDIS into Planet Large Box, where he meets the Bubble monsters who are holding Planet Oblong Box captive:

[img][/img]MKnAj4c.jpg

What's this? The Bubble monsters try to attack:

[img][/img]InS8YWm.jpg

The Doctor is too quick for them, and ably aided by Amy rescues Planet Oblong Box from the Bubble monsters and frees the gift inside:

[img][/img]H7zfB53.jpg

He quickly frees the captured Fitch, releasing them from the roll that has imprisoned them since 20th December, and giving them vital oxygen. Hurray! He was just in time; they're still alive, every one of them!!

[img][/img]9BtSXSe.jpg

There was no card or note, so I swiftly used my well-honed stalking skills (Thanks, PA G&T) to reverse stalk my Santa ... so far I have found: your FB, blog, Twitter, Google+ ... and finally, I can reveal my Santa is @dusda!!!

Thank you so much for the brushes, @dusda, they're lovely. I'm now worried that your stalking skills have included riffling through my brushes stack, as I only possess 2 fitch brushes, and have been putting off another Doorways painting, as I needed some bigger fitch to paint it! No excuse now - its the biggest painting I've planned to do so far, so I guess I'd better start it! xoxoxxo

• Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Tracking says my package is out for delivery! Santa: I'll be out of town until tomorrow night, so I should get it then!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Santa: I'm away visiting relatives for a few days, so if there's any mail I won't get it for a while. Not to worry!

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    JMJYiA9.gif

So I decided to make things hard on my Secret Santa by suggesting they gift stuff to my son instead of me.

A package from Frem! Obligatory pet photo.
    img

A note!
    KvRmLWx.jpg

Nice drawings on the presents.
    1z9VFqM.jpg

And a picture of the gifts.
    b4uhVOL.jpg

Here's an album with better pictures of the individual "box art".

All in all, a wonderful job for a difficult task.

Yay! Glad he likes it!
    The task was much easier once I found a list of the stuff on his Xbox Live account. :-)

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    @LewieP's Mummy that is but the first of two packages! The brushes have some backup coming soon :). Also, you might have a double agent in your home :P.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Dusda wrote: »
    @LewieP's Mummy that is but the first of two packages! The brushes have some backup coming soon :). Also, you might have a double agent in your home :P.

Wooo! Exciting - @LewieP fessed up over dinner that you'd contacted him to find out what sort of paint I use, but two packages? How lovely! There will be no post again here until Monday, but I'll keep a lookout next week.

Thank you again! xxx

• Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    I am not worthy. @Kirindal, I am not worthy. This is too goddamn awesome.

This looks ominous
    h9pxptbh.jpg
    I have only my grandfather's pocket knife to protect me
    3ejHqETh.jpg
    So far so good...
    img]Wtf is this?
    am7YUK5h.jpg
    Well this is unexpected
    Pyz0QVUh.jpg
    The call button here had me grinning ear to ear.
    I've won!
    IeEb3Oph.jpg
    Thank you for assisting us in our time of need in transferring money from here in Bombay to the account you have furnished for us in America. By now you should have received the first payment of ten thousand dollars US [$10,000 USD] in your account. The transfers will continue weekly until we can transfer the entirety of Prince Bello's fortune worth roughly $10,000,000 USD and have it converted to United States Dollars. As per our previous agreement, you will be entitled to a 5% commision fee upon completion.

In a show of good faith, trustees of Prince Bello have authorized a small gift which we are sending to you. It is not much, but it represents a taste of the local culture which you are helping to save with your beneficence. There will be published books favored by the local youth as well as diversions that are popular here in Bombay. Also included is a sample of gravel which can only be found here in Bombay. Containing rare elements not found elsewhere, I trust you will find this fascinating and perhaps put it on display.

The trustees wished to send you samples of our cuisine, but as it is highly perishable due to our insistence on freshly made products, we could not send over completed dishes. Instead, a folder of carefully compiled recipes along with a sampler of local spices has been dispatched so that you can create these local treats for yourself in your own kitchen. All recipes have been adjusted so you can use local ingredients in <Insert City Here>, USA for maximum freshness.

At this time, we like to remind you that in a week we require you to send us the number of a second bank account. As you recall, we here in Bombay are dealing with hostile authorities who are keeping a close eye on all financial transactions in and out. Transfers below $100,000 USD are not audited so we must continue this process of slowly funneling out the money. This can only be possible with as many bank accounts as you can furnish us so we can camouflage the money as windfalls for you. Thank you for your cooperation so far and we hope you are doing well in <Insert City Here>, USA.

Kirin Dal
    Auditor General of Paxarcadas Bank
    The folder mentioned in the letter...
    T3dR5Yyh.jpg
    Carefully compiled recipes, eh...
    Inside: a ton of Indian/Pakistani recipes!
    4Bu1vkEh.jpg
    Chapati, Saagwala Curry, Chicken Tikka Masala, Lassi, and more! I've actually been considering expanding my repertoire to something more exotic. This Kirindal guy is good.
    Seven Samurai on Blu-Ray! Squeeeeee
    GTPHpQMh.jpg
    This is definitely happening on my next movie night with friends. I've actually never seen this, only the western The Magnificent Seven based on it.
    A card game about bean farming?! This is madness
    t3E7oS4h.jpg
    My friends and I have been collecting games for the past few months to have options for a weekly board game night. This looks like it will fit in quite nicely!
    Oh man
    7HQf1oJh.jpg
    I can't wait to turn this into a drinking game.
    A curated selection of spices for the recipes in the G&T Gram!
    VBFXJdkh.jpg
    Turmeric, Cumin, Coriander, and Garam Masala in these super cool metal tins! Also a giant can of mango pulp.
    Beer. Pretzels. Caramel. Chocolate. Nnnnfffffff!
    ooHc0Bah.jpg
    I looked this place up, it's just west of the WIlliamsburg Bridge on the southeast side of Manhattan. When I visit NY I'm going to make a point of visiting this shop :).
    Midtown Comics?
    19MLaZIh.jpg
    Uh oh, *someone* noticed when I found a stack of comics in my building a few months back.
    Comics!!!!
    iz3rMUjh.jpg
    Oooo, this'll keep me busy for a while. I'm traveling a lot over the next couple weeks, I'll have something to read instead mindlessly trolling reddit!

...hahaha, a sample of gravel. I just got that.
    The whole collection!
    siko4m0h.jpg
    Sweet zombie hippie jesus, what an elaborate set. Many thanks you classy, classy Santa!

...wait a sec.
    You've gotta be kidding me.
    pxBqRC2h.jpg
    This one is fucking signed by Warren Ellis? aje;lfja e;igjapoig jaltbjligmlksjvlmjlgabw,igjoijojgafomgIloveyou.

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Holy shit kirindal that's awesome! I should have sent some Pakistani recipes! Though you probably know them lol

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    My Santa has finally revealed himself in the form of sly-goose @Mechanical. Way to keep me in suspense this whole time!
    Hope you all had a great holiday!!

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Although I never sign up for it (I would wish my Santa-ing upon no merry soul), perusing this thread every Christmas season is something I enjoy quite a bit. Everyone has wonderful gift ideas that I occasionally steal for next year's Christmas. You are all the best people!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Hope my Santa's stuff makes it here before the New Year, as that'd be a pretty cool way to end a pretty rotten year.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Happy tidings of joy for the holidays, a gift arrived at my door last weekend.
    My son found a box from far away and pushed it across the floor.
    52903a16-29e4-475f-acc7-b3af7a8f8cf0_zpsb560e990.jpg

Once its content revealed he grabbed the most colorful item.
    IMG_7276_zpsd735f87f.jpg

and immediately proceeded to put it in his mouth.
    IMG_7278_zps30ec5172.jpg

Thank you Mare_Imbrium for a very well stalked set of gifts
    IMG_7281_zps2b7b1863.jpg
    IMG_7285_zpsc152afb5.jpg
    IMG_7283_zpsbc4794ff.jpg

My wife loves good coffee and took the Kona beans.
    I haven't seen Emmet Otter's in decades.
    Dragon Dogma was on my amazon wishlist.
    We had not seen The Wolverine yet since it has been hard to go to the movies since my son was born.
    We will soon try the falafel recipe and hot sauce. I love good hot sauce.
    The pin from Disney is wonderful. I've added it to our souvenirs from out trip a couple of years ago.
    I will be trying the chile mango tonight.

and my son got surprised by the creeper, so he tried to fight back with what he was currently holding but with little success
    IMG_7286_zps561aab21.jpg
    so he upgraded to tonka power
    6d9decb0-5181-4407-b50f-5c7d59867319_zpscac4fcf5.jpg

In short, thank you very much for a lovely haul.

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Yay! You're very welcome. I hope you end up enjoying The Wolverine. It's hard being able to get out with little ones.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    GIFT GET! I haven't opened it yet and will do a proper gift post in the morning, but I wanted to let my Santa know that I arrived home tonight and the box was still on the front porch. Now to commence opening!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Giftget_zps23212311.gif

Santa, AKA @PA Jamie, strikes again!

Sorry for the delay in posting this giftget, I went away for a few days, but it turns out that's great because I ended up needing this gift on the trip!

20131230_175913.jpg

It's a charger for the 3DS, and it can charge from a USB port! Which is great because I spent several hours on buses and trains, and played so much pokemon that I needed to recharge on the bus, so just pull out the tablet and charge away! Very useful, and it's helped me get up to about 3 gym badges so far. Thanks again Jamie!

• Options
    elkataselkatas Registered User regular
    edited December 2013
    JMJYiA9.gif
    SmalxZ1.jpg

Finally, after recovering from rather dangereous episode of over-exhaustion, I'm happy to present my own gift. And what Santa sent me? WONDERFUL ASSORTMENT OF CHOCOLATE BARS AND GOOD OLD BEHOLDER! ^_^ There is also letter from Santa, but I couldn't get readable photo of it. I will type it here little later. :)

elkatas on
    Hypnotically inclined.
  • Options
    LostLost Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif x4!
    Previous gifts include: Scribblenauts Unlimited, Dungeon Siege, and Starbound
    In a bust of Christmas joy, my e-mail was bombarded this morning with e-books!
    I actually haven't heard of any of these titles, but these are the perfect gift since I've been on the hunt for a good book for a while, but I am to indecisive to actually pick anything new to read!
    SS4_zps6d963ee8.png
    SS2_zps3dac876f.png
    SS3_zps3b2e467f.png
    SS1_zps7091aa1a.png

I am definitely looking forward to getting a nice cup of coffee and attacking these books asap!
    More importantly, my Santa has finally revealed himself so I can thank properly!
    pKEC2TBH6M5V4_zps2ede7d51.gif
    @Elin get your Classy self in here! Thank you so much for all the wonderful presents! The games are amazing and the books look wonderful. I cannot wait to start reading them! (Any recommendations as which one to read first?)