As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New DoubleFine Game is AWESOME

StormwatcherStormwatcher BleghBlughRegistered User regular
edited September 2007 in Games and Technology
And it's for free, here!

Best fighting game ever.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
camo_sig2.png
Stormwatcher on

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    I'm stuck on the ogre. He keeps swinging above me what do I do?

bombardier on
  • arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    I win!

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Get thyself ready...

Be prepared for combat...

SETTLE YOUR DIFFERENCES IN A STUPID FIGHT! GOD DAMN!!!

Zxerol on
  • PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think I hate you now. The prize is not a prize.

Pjstelford on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I lost cause I do drugs.

And holy crap, best ending evar.

Sir Carcass on
  • SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    tip: keep hitting the kick button, you'll never get hurt.

so hard.

Sanders on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Err. would be nice if you put more info into the OP. That was horrible.

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    just spam the kick button. I never got hit. EVar.

And "i haven't been alright since the Reagan administration" is my new favorite meme.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited September 2007
    Raslin wrote: »

Well, in this particular case, not putting more info into the OP is the point of the whole thing.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    "Congratulations, you are now a bastard."

I <3 DoubleFine. They just keep coming out with the best...

OH SWEET JESUS MY EYES!! For the love of god, don't beat this game!

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • GorkGork Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't think I've ever laughed this much playing a fighting game.

The only way this could be better is if the ending "prize" was Schaefer himself.
    D:

Gork on
    edited September 2007

Well, in this particular case, not putting more info into the OP is the point of the whole thing.

Just saying, its pretty much sitewhoring at this point, with so little info.

Raslin on

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Is it weird I replayed it with all characters?

Is it even weirder that the reason I did it was to see if the dude at the end actually ended up naked?

The answer is yes.

The_Scarab on
  • MumblyfishMumblyfish Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    There are a few niggling balance issues to settle, but nothing that really cheapens the experience or detracts from the difficulty. The kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick combo is perhaps too powerful considering its range advantage over the weaker punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch.

Complete the game six times to unlock a hidden fighter, for a total of seven playable characters. It's a shame that yet another Double Fine game is destined to commercial failure, because after Marvel vs. Capcom fighting games aren't worth paying money for unless they have a roster three-dozen strong.

Mumblyfish on
    edited September 2007

It's a JOKE man. It wouldn't work with lot's of info. Did you even play the god damned thing? If I wrote more about it, I'd ruin the joke. Sheesh.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited September 2007
    "Everyone is a winner"

"I enjoyed myself in the process!"

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
    edited September 2007
    Mumblyfish wrote: »
    There are a few niggling balance issues to settle, but nothing that really cheapens the experience or detracts from the difficulty. The kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick combo is perhaps too powerful considering its range advantage over the weaker punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch.

Complete the game six times to unlock a hidden fighter, for a total of seven playable characters. It's a shame that yet another Double Fine game is destined to commercial failure, because after Marvel vs. Capcom fighting games aren't worth paying money for unless they have a roster three-dozen strong.

^^^
    See? He GOT the joke.
    I LOL'd.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

No it really isnt.

First, he would have to work for double fine.

then it would be sitewhoring.

next, the game in question would actually require some explanation. it doesnt.

so just click the link and play the game and stop whining. dont derail a perfectly good thread

The_Scarab on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, anything is better than that abomination Psychonauts.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The prize is amazing, just as it was in La Mualana.

Being the gnome king and jump kicking over and over is the best way to do things. The gnome was kind of hard, though.

LavaKnight on
    edited September 2007
    So it is written

arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2007
    I enjoyed intensely kick-kick-kick'ing until they had 1 HP left... then punching. It felt like a fatality.

Organichu on
    edited September 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »

No it really isnt.

First, he would have to work for double fine.

then it would be sitewhoring.

next, the game in question would actually require some explanation. it doesnt.

so just click the link and play the game and stop whining. dont derail a perfectly good thread

A. You don't have to work for a site to sitewhore for it.

B. Some of us don't like to randomly go into websites to play games we know nothing about.

C. I did play the game. It was horrid. And not funny.

Raslin on

edited September 2007
    Holy crap, there's actually a whole comic for Epic.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png
  • ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    That's not a good prize!

That's not a good prize at all!

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh man, the comic is pure gold.

-SPI- on
  • TVs_FrankTVs_Frank Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    GAME OF THE YEAR

Just for the ending.

TVs_Frank on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The OP should have the news item from the Double Fine website, because it makes the whole thing twice as awesome.
    DOUBLE FINE’S NEW GAME NO LONGER A MYSTERY

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.—September 6, 2007—Double Fine Productions, Inc., today announced its heavily-anticipated second game, the first to come from the studio since their critically-acclaimed 2005 release, “Psychonauts.” In this all new, action based IP, you play the part of a barbaric hero in an epic fantasy world, fighting his way from Rock and Roll Hell to Rock and Roll Heaven.

“We’ve been dying to talk about this game for so long,” says Double Fine President and CEO, Tim Schafer, “It feels great to finally be able to share it with the world. The team has put so much hard work into this title, and I think the wait was worth it. We’ve been able to put an extra layer of polish on the game, which is really important considering it has innovative features that are relatively new territory for us: A deep combat system, selectable characters, and dynamic dialog matrix that is completely different every time you play the game.”

In a surprise move, the developer is distributing its game entirely by digital download, from its own, highly popular website. And in an even more surprising move, they are distributing the new title for free. To play the game, eager fans need only to follow this link.

-SPI- on
  • DirtchamberDirtchamber Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have been waiting to kick the shit out of that Gnome for years.

Years, I tell you.

Dirtchamber on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    THERE IS A REASON THIS GAME IS SO EASY

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mumblyfish wrote: »

I dunno, I punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-punch-ed the shit out of everyone, unless they were smaller, which meant I had to rethink my strategy.

Later found out that kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-kick-ing worked very handy for them.

urahonky on
  • kitchkitch Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This really is not that funny.

kitch on
    edited September 2007
    It was like playing kinetic chess with a highly seasoned strategist. I felt like Vasili Seitzev- each moment could be my last if not for my immediate, on-my-feet reactions to the complex fierceness of the AI.

Organichu on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I beat it with the Horny Witch.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I beat it with the Horny Witch.

Do you still feel horny?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm gonna put it to you straight.

Yes.

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    kitch wrote: »

Agreed. Even for a joke game, it was kind of lame.

Meh, to each their own.. I won't call everyone who laughed at this or the ending retarded or anything.

retards
    <3

4rch3nemy on
    edited September 2007
    4rch3nemy wrote: »
    kitch wrote: »

Agreed. Even for a joke game, it was kind of lame.

Meh, to each their own.. I won't call everyone who laughed at this or the ending retarded or anything.

retards
    <3

I didn't find the game itself funny, but I adore this thread. The first kick-kick-kick then punch-punch-punch post was made like 82 minutes ago and I'm still laughing about it.

Organichu on
  • LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Zampano wrote: »
    That's not a good prize!

That's not a good prize at all!
    Are you not confident enough in your sexuality to enjoy such a vision? :winky:

Lewisham on
    edited September 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »
    The OP should have the news item from the Double Fine website, because it makes the whole thing twice as awesome.
    DOUBLE FINE’S NEW GAME NO LONGER A MYSTERY

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.—September 6, 2007—Double Fine Productions, Inc., today announced its heavily-anticipated second game, the first to come from the studio since their critically-acclaimed 2005 release, “Psychonauts.” In this all new, action based IP, you play the part of a barbaric hero in an epic fantasy world, fighting his way from Rock and Roll Hell to Rock and Roll Heaven.

“We’ve been dying to talk about this game for so long,” says Double Fine President and CEO, Tim Schafer, “It feels great to finally be able to share it with the world. The team has put so much hard work into this title, and I think the wait was worth it. We’ve been able to put an extra layer of polish on the game, which is really important considering it has innovative features that are relatively new territory for us: A deep combat system, selectable characters, and dynamic dialog matrix that is completely different every time you play the game.”

In a surprise move, the developer is distributing its game entirely by digital download, from its own, highly popular website. And in an even more surprising move, they are distributing the new title for free. To play the game, eager fans need only to follow this link.

You're right.
    I didn't see that. I was sent a link direct to the game. pity.

Stormwatcher on
    camo_sig2.png