As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T Secret Santa 2013:...and to all a good night.

• Options
    El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

Santa has struck!

Today I was gifted:

xcom-enemy-unknown-na.jpeg

and

monaco_logo.jpg

XCOM has been on my radar for a while but I've been intimidated by the harsh difficulty, so now I have no excuse. I look forward to losing terribly. Also pumped to try out Monaco!

There was also mention of a mysterious package en route as well. I am very excited.

Thanks so much @EvilBadman, very generous and much appreciated!

BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Happy New Year, everyone! Xxx

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I feel like a putz for failing to included the note I typed up, but certain Ursus Cardrivus should check their email.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    Spammin' this here thread today.

GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

c3yb.jpg

I'm out of the chocolate covered candy cane bits already. I ate them while playing XCOM.

Should probably eat some real food now.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I feel like a putz for failing to included the note I typed up, but certain Ursus Cardrivus should check their email.

Ooh ooh I figured that one out! We should have more puzzles like that and fewer binary ASCII qr code cipher ones

• Options
    Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Maybe I'm driving a truck though.

Bear is Driving on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    I look at Ante's puzzles and my brain just gets up, puts on his coat and walks right out.

"Nope nope nope nope nope," I hear him murmur as he leaks out my ear.

I work at a hardware store, if I get a safe from one of you next year puzzle solving will be the last thing on my mind.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I look at Ante's puzzles and my brain just gets up, puts on his coat and walks right out.

"Nope nope nope nope nope," I hear him murmur as he leaks out my ear.

I work at a hardware store, if I get a safe from one of you next year puzzle solving will be the last thing on my mind.

Two Headed Boy actually had a crowbar on his amazon wishlist and I considered sending it to him with the safe.

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    I just want to say I just found out I can take my dog to one of the local microbrewery tasting rooms. Best. New. Years. Ever. Seriously, for someone with an anxiety disorder being able to take my dog with me just cemented my business forever. Happy New Years, be safe and have fun.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Get the pup fucked up

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    martincelinamartincelina AustraliaRegistered User new member
    Very nice tips..

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    Get the pup fucked up

He was pretty pumped about all the pizza crust and attention he was getting.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    iMattiMatt Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif
    An email appears!
    6dyt.jpg
    Containing a £50 amazon voucher!
    Super stoked with that - mucho thanks Sunstrand, that's an amazing gift to start the new year with! The email also stated that there would be some Canadian gifts on the way too!
    I've used the gift card to buy some PSN vouchers (Super motherload and Pinball Arcade Season 1 tables!), a book on espresso making and a CD (yes I still buy those!).

iMatt on
  • Options
    my package appears to be about an hour away. so maybe tomorrow?

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    It has now been 2 weeks since my Santee got their gifts, and still no Gift Get post. Should I be worried that they've been kidnapped or otherwise incapacitated?

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    maybe they're "all floating in glass"

• Options
    TheOtherHorsemanTheOtherHorseman Registered User regular
    I have to formulate my gift get still. All has been received, but work is ridiculously busy. Flu season at a hospital :|

I already read a book! Pics will be forthcoming.

• Options
    TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

The gift arrived on Monday, but I had some shit going on and couldn't get this post ready till now. On the other hand, I've actually had the time to use some of the gifts and make this post a little better.
    So this big package was waiting for me when I got home. We gathered the cats and went to work on it.
    exML7uz.jpg

Inside, we found a bunch of goodies and this note.
    FxqHScC.jpg

My girlfriend made a transcript of it since we couldn't get a non-blurry picture of the note.
    Dear Santee,

Included in this package you will find:

1- Tin containing an anus load of homemade cookies
    1- Kinder Bueno candy bar
    1- Mini spy and prank remote
    1- Package of Cyber Clean
    1- Voucher good for a copy of The Witcher & The Witcher 2
    1- Set of One Piece wanted posters
    1- One Piece Laboon plush "Yohohohohoho!"

You mentioned that you like sweets, so the scratch homemade cookies were an obvious choice. You must post a picture of yourself eating them in your gifting post. Continuing on with your love of sweets i have included a Kinder Bueno candy bar from my private stash. It is my favorite candy in the whole world and i pick up a couple boxes every year when i go back to Spain to visit family. This was my second to last one, so cherish, savor, and enjoy it.

The mini remote was just a fun toss-in because it is both useful as well as mischievous. Use it on family and friends, and let us know how much fun it is screwing with their TVs while they have no idea what's going on. Cyber Clean makes computer cleanup fun, there is no real point to it other than it is fun to play with and serves a purpose at the same time. Use it as a toy, a cleaning tool, or both, up to you.

I take no credit for the Witcher voucher, a pile of those were provided to me from the wonderful and classy people at CDProjekt Red to give out to fans. It's just a free bonus extra that does not count towards your total gifts that i threw in because free games and extra gifts are always good. You mentioned that you had an old over-heaty laptop, so you should be able to play Witcher 1 just fine on it, and maybe if it hooks you well it might push you to upgrade so that you can play Witcher 2.

When i made a completely random One Piece reference in the Dead Rising 3/XBOne thread, you immediately picked up on it and caught the reference. That right there shows that you are a One Piece fan. You also post in the One Piece thread, which i had somebody check up on for me because i'm avoiding the thread for spoilers since i've fallen behind due to a complete re-watching i'm currently undergoing. Anyway it's safe to say you are a fan of the show. You also mentioned that you'd like some stuff to decorate your home, so why not kill two birds with one stone. As such the collection of wanted posters for the entire Straw Hat crew would look great framed on a wall, and the Laboon plush would be great for both snuggling and sitting on a shelf/bed somewhere. Hug Laboon while listening to Bink's Sake and try not to cry.

I hope you enjoy all your gifts and have a Going Merry Christmas. *sniff* Merry...

Sincerely,
    Santa pBJ3LZMHOXIG5.png

Now on to the presents!

A bigass plushie of my favorite fictional whale: Laboon!
    xsFjM4I.jpg
    8aNZJye.jpg

I was blown away since I got my first One Piece toys earlier this Christmas, and my girlfriend has a smaller Laboon I'd always been jealous of. It is now a permanent resident of my bedroom.
    2JZfQZs.jpg

Next up, some Kinder bueno! I share Santa's love for these bars, and hadn't even seen one in years. Made it last until today through pure willpower.
    kr3Vqb7.jpg

The next present was a set of wanted posters for the main cast of One Piece.
    GTXDuRT.jpg

I'm planning on sticking them on my bedroom wall in the near future.

I forgot to take a picture of the Witcher voucher. I owned the games already, so I gifted them forward to a friend who's been interested in them. I played some of 2's tutorial and it seemed really fun!

I also got a spy remote, which I hope to one day use for evil deeds.
    zVEGpJf.jpg

I think Santa's telling me to finally clean my electronics with this next one. Well I got the hint and will do so!
    7FNmRDS.jpg

And finally, the cookies.
    ZDgv3Eq.jpg

The picture doesn't do justice to how big they are, and how many of them are in the box. They are tasty and crunchy and I am going to make myself sick if I don't slow down on eating them. In fact, I'm gonna grab a glass of milk after I'm done and eat a few more.

Santa asked me to upload a picture of myself eating one, so here you go.
    LXZI9St.jpg

My other cat loves Secret Santa because she always gets to play with the box afterwards. :)
    HmvTkVv.jpg

Finally, here's a picture that hopefully Santa will understand.
    Arf22oE.jpg

Thank you for such an awesome haul Santa @The_Spaniard!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    Happy new year everyone. Another good year and already looking forward to the next ss.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    ZaghrebZaghreb Registered User regular
    I have not to my knowledge received anything yet, and I see a fair number of Santas claiming stuff has been sent but not yet acknowledged. So, if I've been sent a physical gift send me a proxy mail and I'll get my USPS driver to look under the seat in his truck. If it was an email or a digimawhatsit that I somehow missed, let me know approximately what to look for and I'll try to find it and post a gift get.

If my Santa has been busy with Christmas/sick with the flu/on a secret mission to destabilize Switzerland, seriously: send me two soup cans and a ball of string and I'll be entertained for hours. Days, even.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Happy New Year, Secret Santas! While most of you have finished your seasonal duty of spreading cheer, a few of you still need to finish the holiday mission.

If your Santee hasn't gotten anything yet, now is the time to drop the festive facade and PM your Santee and Hypatia about what's up. Tracking numbers are very useful to let us know that you've sent something! Once all that is sorted out, we can see who the deadbeats are and prepare the bunnies to shower the unfortunate ones in gifts. Once these gifts have been shown off, it'll be that sad time to retire G&T Secret Santa for another year.

Thanks for another fun holiday event! I enjoyed handing out holiday avatars to everyone, and it's a shame that this thing always seems to end so soon.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    I sent the package this Monday. Should arrive there in 7-9 working days. I asked about priority shipping, but it was impossible to send it before New Year's Eve. Sorry for procrastinating, santee. I was super busy last month. :(

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
  • Options
    testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Santa! I have a package awaiting me at the postal depot. I suspect it's from you. My apologies for not posting sooner - I've been out of town with limited internet, and then house guests, my birthday, and New Years all happened at once.
    Tonight after work I'll fetch this mysterious package, and do a proper gift get.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    I finally got to give one of my gifts a spin over the holidays. We had some friends over and played "Firefly - The Game". It took us too long to get set up and figure out the rules, so we didn't actually FINISH the game, but we played for almost 4 hours and had a great time with it (we're all huge firefly fans) so I'm looking forward to another try. Thanks again, @handkor!

YqaB79F.jpg?1

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I was abruptly uprooted from my home by Toronto's ice storm just in time for Christmas this year. Reading this thread (and the Draw a Reindeer thread) gave me lots of warm fuzzies and greatly improved my days spent taking shelter with the in-laws. Y'all are awesome and I look forward to taking part in many G&T Secret Santas to come.
    In no way am I saying, "Oh poor me." I feel super-fortunate that my little family had somewhere to go so we didn't have to spend days without power or heat like a lot of people in the city. Just that this thread made my own, lesser ordeal even less of one. :)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Santa,

your package arrived just a few minutes ago. I don't see a note or anything, so I'm just going to tear it open (with photos, of course)

steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited January 2014
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

Box arrives!
    aZhuRBa.jpg

The gifts, wrapped
    K2REyDJ.jpg

I've never heard of this game, but I always like crossover games. This appears to be...some sort of strategy RPG starring Ryu and Dante and Ulala.
    i89cBtU.jpg

I've actually been thinking about picking this game up for a while. Rave reviews, that weird Best Buy in store only sale a few months ago, etc. But I never got around to it, which is good, because now I own it! And I just played through the demo twice the other night.
    SvhByka.jpg

And what would Christmas be without this year's premier professional wrestling title? I'm excited to try and beat the Streak.
    v4hJ6xu.jpg

Using my sleuthing skills (and activating a failsafe Santa gave me at the start of this endeavor) I have figured out my Santa is one @Custom Special! Which reminds me that I should probably start watching Regular Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=140S4LkQxxA

edit: And yes, I did flip the cover over once I opened WWE 2K14. Get that roided and easily injured jabroni outta here.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Also, if you got gifts from your Santa and haven't posted pictures, then what the hell is wrong with you? Post those pictures ASAP, because it is very much against the holiday spirit to not show us your haul.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Santa! I got your box. Unfortunately I just got home from work and am on my way back out to the second job I have two nights a week basically for the hell of it.

I'll try to post tonight when I get home. America beat the crap out of your Canadian box so hopefully everything is fine

• Options
    KiplingKipling Registered User regular
    I had my Santa's package now, but I am idiot. My coworker picked up the package from my house and brought to my office. I got back home just now, but the package is still in my office.

Since I refused to open it at work, I now have to wait another work day :(

3DS Friends: 1693-1781-7023
  • Options
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

I made it to the postal depot, proved who I am, and they gave me a box. A very intriguing box.
    My daughter decided to "help" open it. She loves to smile, but hates the flash (the camera flash, not the superhero).
    804aae1f-c251-4032-ba5c-ee78700ba5bd_zps868d46e3.jpg

Inside the box were a great many packing peanuts, and a beautifully wrapped gift! The girl decided the peanuts and external box were the real gift, and absconded with them, leaving only the present. She put her new "marshmallows" into a kitchen's worth of toy dishes, while I unwrapped things.
    20140102_192856_zpstov4wrd2.jpg

And beneath the paper... is the tabletop delight known as Arkham Horror! Thank you Santa! Or should I say, thank you @RisenPhoenix! I've had the pleasure of playing this a few times with friends, but it's been missing from my collection until now. For those unaware, this is an epic Lovecraftian board game, where players cooperate to do battle against an awakening Old One in order to save the town of Arkham, and their collective sanity. It is fantastically good fun, and now MINE! Mwahaha! Thank you so much!
    20140102_192952_zpsareh418d.jpg

And a second thank you, @RisenPhoenix, for Bioshock Infinite! I've had no gaming time during the holidays, but now that things are back to whatever passes for normal, I look forward to diving into it.
    You're a fine Santa and a high quality human being. Cheers!

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Santa! I got your box. Unfortunately I just got home from work and am on my way back out to the second job I have two nights a week basically for the hell of it.

I'll try to post tonight when I get home. America beat the crap out of your Canadian box so hopefully everything is fine

This may be the single cruelest post I've seen in this thread.
    "The box is beat to hell, have fun worrying about it for the next few hours until I post again."

• Options
    True... but only if you're santa! because I'm not quite sure who santa was. If there's any clues to santa's identity, customs detained them for humane "not-torture" en route. but anyway, no worries!

GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

alright where do I start...

what the hell happened to this box?
    FEj3pOY.jpg

everything inside appeared intact though but not in any sort of packing whatsoever... there was half an empty red box smashed, some ribbon and a few bags on the bottom though.

spoils of the canadian wilds.
    mW4OURs.jpg

fun fact, in America we have rockets and they're called smarties. what you call smarties are strange and confusing! I've tried the Big R Turk which confused the hell out of me when i first bit into it. Then the girl I'm seeing who studied in Turkey explained what Turkish Delights are but was surprised because she never had chocolate covered ones. Unfortunately she couldn't try them because the package said may contain tree nuts and I'd rather not murder her.
    z45hxCy.jpg
    I don't know what this Tim Horton's is but I hear it mentioned a lot. Will put the coffee and mug to use in the morning to taste some fresh brewed canada.
    9PyS159.jpg
    how the hell is this a flavor? That doesn't explain what the chips are at all!
    71aZ92c.jpg
    Now this is a flavor! I understand what I'm getting into right away.
    66P8Mzf.jpg
    This is either one big ass hexagon toblerone or six normal ones. Either way that's enough toblerone to last for, what like an hour? It'll be glorious.
    GbNhChS.jpg
    I'll try to eat this later. For now, I'll give it a spin. I've been wanting to play this game for a while, but moving earlier in the year disrupted my playing of new games a bit. I'm excited! I love games that make stealth viable but don't treat you like you failed if shit hits the fan. and the setting and art to this are gorgeous and I'm excited!
    lrzln0d.jpgv9ugM3A.jpg
    he wasn't interested at first but once he realized i'd pulled a bunch of food out he was all about the box.

(I'm secretly most excited to try to coffee crisp. It sounds delicious.)

edit: shit i forgot to take a picture of the tim horton's ornament. At first I thought it was more chocolate then i realized it was way too solid... and also it was wearing sunglasses. I'll update the post soon.

This is all awesome stuff and I can shortly blame canada for diabetes. The only thing missing is Santa's identity!

• Options
    never-ending-reignnever-ending-reign Polish Catholic entering a world of painRegistered User regular
    True... but only if you're santa! because I'm not quite sure who santa was. If there's any clues to santa's identity, customs detained them for humane "not-torture" en route. but anyway, no worries!

GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

alright where do I start...

what the hell happened to this box?
    FEj3pOY.jpg

everything inside appeared intact though but not in any sort of packing whatsoever... there was half an empty red box smashed, some ribbon and a few bags on the bottom though.

spoils of the canadian wilds.
    mW4OURs.jpg

fun fact, in America we have rockets and they're called smarties. what you call smarties are strange and confusing! I've tried the Big R Turk which confused the hell out of me when i first bit into it. Then the girl I'm seeing who studied in Turkey explained what Turkish Delights are but was surprised because she never had chocolate covered ones. Unfortunately she couldn't try them because the package said may contain tree nuts and I'd rather not murder her.
    z45hxCy.jpg
    I don't know what this Tim Horton's is but I hear it mentioned a lot. Will put the coffee and mug to use in the morning to taste some fresh brewed canada.
    9PyS159.jpg
    how the hell is this a flavor? That doesn't explain what the chips are at all!
    71aZ92c.jpg
    Now this is a flavor! I understand what I'm getting into right away.
    66P8Mzf.jpg
    This is either one big ass hexagon toblerone or six normal ones. Either way that's enough toblerone to last for, what like an hour? It'll be glorious.
    GbNhChS.jpg
    I'll try to eat this later. For now, I'll give it a spin. I've been wanting to play this game for a while, but moving earlier in the year disrupted my playing of new games a bit. I'm excited! I love games that make stealth viable but don't treat you like you failed if shit hits the fan. and the setting and art to this are gorgeous and I'm excited!
    lrzln0d.jpgv9ugM3A.jpg
    he wasn't interested at first but once he realized i'd pulled a bunch of food out he was all about the box.

(I'm secretly most excited to try to coffee crisp. It sounds delicious.)

edit: shit i forgot to take a picture of the tim horton's ornament. At first I thought it was more chocolate then i realized it was way too solid... and also it was wearing sunglasses. I'll update the post soon.

This is all awesome stuff and I can shortly blame canada for diabetes. The only thing missing is Santa's identity!

It is I! From the heart of Canadian hell I stab at thee!!

And yes, I may or may not have, but definitely did, forget to enclose the note. I apologize. It wasn't much of a note, just revealing my identity and why I chose a couple of the items. But now I can tell you here and the rest will have to suffer it!! That makes it more fun, right?
    So, yeah.. Dishonored. I saw this on your Steam wishlist and INSTANTLY decided that it was the game I would get you. It's a fun, fantastic game and it was really well executed (no pun) in terms of art/setting and how it actually plays. I felt it HAD to be shared.
    Yes, All Dressed chips are a real thing here, and no, I cannot describe the flavor. But they are good and I hope you like them. As for the Ketchup flavor, I could not believe that it was mostly, if not completely, Canadian thing. Like, how in the HELL does America not have them? I was also going to send Dill Pickle flavor, but then I found out that they can be found in general. As for the chocolate items, I hope that they are as rare/Canadian specific as my research told me. Could you confirm? Smarties (the real ones, not the fake ones you guys have) here are kinda like M&M's except more disc shaped than oval. and No whole peanuts, just chocolate and candy coating. Rockets candy here is just sugar compressed into a disc shape with flavoring. See here: rocketscandy.ca/products/rockets/#!prettyPhoto So those are Rockets to Canucks. Tim Hortons is like Mecca to Canadians

To sum up, my thinking was this: caffeine to keep you awake to play Dishonored, junk food from Canuckistan to eat WHILE playing Dishonored and then Canadian swag to round it all out. I hope you had a happy holiday, and I am sorry it was so late getting there. I tried to time it so that it would get there kinda close to Christmas day, and it almost worked. The first expected delivery date I was given was the 23rd. How perfect would that have been? But then it sat at JFK for like a week. I hope you enjoy it all and become one step closer to joining our tribe. (P.S-- my wife was very jealous of the Hortons mug). So again, happy holidays! And let me know if ya like Dishonored and leep me posted on your progress!

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I remember ketchup flavored chips coming out when I was in college over a decade ago here in the US. I don't think they sold well (either because the flavoring wasn't very good or just because the US is weird) as they disappeared probably about 6 months later. I tried a bag, but they weren't overly good. I'm a 'salt and vinegar' or 'sour cream and onion' man myself. Despite putting ketchup on everything here in the US, apparently we don't like it on chips.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I remember ketchup flavored chips coming out when I was in college over a decade ago here in the US. I don't think they sold well (either because the flavoring wasn't very good or just because the US is weird) as they disappeared probably about 6 months later. I tried a bag, but they weren't overly good. I'm a 'salt and vinegar' or 'sour cream and onion' man myself. Despite putting ketchup on everything here in the US, apparently we don't like it on chips.

To be fair, the chips taste very little like actual ketchup. But they are delicious.
    I really love weird regional tastes and the kinds of food specialization it leads to. Food exchanges during PAX are always good times.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Nice job with the giftings everyone! I apologize for the delay in the updates, I was traveling for the holidays. At this point, I'm going through and PMing people who are missing pictures or seem to be missing gifts to follow up on what's going on. Let's get this wrapped up!

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Turkey wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps4cacbc87.gif

The gift arrived on Monday, but I had some shit going on and couldn't get this post ready till now. On the other hand, I've actually had the time to use some of the gifts and make this post a little better.
    So this big package was waiting for me when I got home. We gathered the cats and went to work on it.
    exML7uz.jpg

Inside, we found a bunch of goodies and this note.
    FxqHScC.jpg

My girlfriend made a transcript of it since we couldn't get a non-blurry picture of the note.
    Dear Santee,

Included in this package you will find:

1- Tin containing an anus load of homemade cookies
    1- Kinder Bueno candy bar
    1- Mini spy and prank remote
    1- Package of Cyber Clean
    1- Voucher good for a copy of The Witcher & The Witcher 2
    1- Set of One Piece wanted posters
    1- One Piece Laboon plush "Yohohohohoho!"

You mentioned that you like sweets, so the scratch homemade cookies were an obvious choice. You must post a picture of yourself eating them in your gifting post. Continuing on with your love of sweets i have included a Kinder Bueno candy bar from my private stash. It is my favorite candy in the whole world and i pick up a couple boxes every year when i go back to Spain to visit family. This was my second to last one, so cherish, savor, and enjoy it.

The mini remote was just a fun toss-in because it is both useful as well as mischievous. Use it on family and friends, and let us know how much fun it is screwing with their TVs while they have no idea what's going on. Cyber Clean makes computer cleanup fun, there is no real point to it other than it is fun to play with and serves a purpose at the same time. Use it as a toy, a cleaning tool, or both, up to you.

I take no credit for the Witcher voucher, a pile of those were provided to me from the wonderful and classy people at CDProjekt Red to give out to fans. It's just a free bonus extra that does not count towards your total gifts that i threw in because free games and extra gifts are always good. You mentioned that you had an old over-heaty laptop, so you should be able to play Witcher 1 just fine on it, and maybe if it hooks you well it might push you to upgrade so that you can play Witcher 2.

When i made a completely random One Piece reference in the Dead Rising 3/XBOne thread, you immediately picked up on it and caught the reference. That right there shows that you are a One Piece fan. You also post in the One Piece thread, which i had somebody check up on for me because i'm avoiding the thread for spoilers since i've fallen behind due to a complete re-watching i'm currently undergoing. Anyway it's safe to say you are a fan of the show. You also mentioned that you'd like some stuff to decorate your home, so why not kill two birds with one stone. As such the collection of wanted posters for the entire Straw Hat crew would look great framed on a wall, and the Laboon plush would be great for both snuggling and sitting on a shelf/bed somewhere. Hug Laboon while listening to Bink's Sake and try not to cry.

I hope you enjoy all your gifts and have a Going Merry Christmas. *sniff* Merry...

Sincerely,
    Santa pBJ3LZMHOXIG5.png

Now on to the presents!

A bigass plushie of my favorite fictional whale: Laboon!
    xsFjM4I.jpg
    8aNZJye.jpg

I was blown away since I got my first One Piece toys earlier this Christmas, and my girlfriend has a smaller Laboon I'd always been jealous of. It is now a permanent resident of my bedroom.
    2JZfQZs.jpg

Next up, some Kinder bueno! I share Santa's love for these bars, and hadn't even seen one in years. Made it last until today through pure willpower.
    kr3Vqb7.jpg

The next present was a set of wanted posters for the main cast of One Piece.
    GTXDuRT.jpg

I'm planning on sticking them on my bedroom wall in the near future.

I forgot to take a picture of the Witcher voucher. I owned the games already, so I gifted them forward to a friend who's been interested in them. I played some of 2's tutorial and it seemed really fun!

I also got a spy remote, which I hope to one day use for evil deeds.
    zVEGpJf.jpg

I think Santa's telling me to finally clean my electronics with this next one. Well I got the hint and will do so!
    7FNmRDS.jpg

And finally, the cookies.
    ZDgv3Eq.jpg

The picture doesn't do justice to how big they are, and how many of them are in the box. They are tasty and crunchy and I am going to make myself sick if I don't slow down on eating them. In fact, I'm gonna grab a glass of milk after I'm done and eat a few more.

Santa asked me to upload a picture of myself eating one, so here you go.
    LXZI9St.jpg

My other cat loves Secret Santa because she always gets to play with the box afterwards. :)
    HmvTkVv.jpg

Finally, here's a picture that hopefully Santa will understand.
    Arf22oE.jpg

Thank you for such an awesome haul Santa @The_Spaniard!

Hey @Turkey...

Laboooooooon!
    526880-one_piece_378_4.jpg

Also, how bout them cookies?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    I didn't put up my pictures! Sorry @Maz- ! Here are my two inspectors being unhelpful and a picture of these two sweet books!
    IMAG0395.jpg?noCache=1388786072
    IMAG0396.jpg?noCache=1388786258
    IMAG0400.jpg?noCache=1388786258
    IMAG0402.jpg?noCache=1388786258

Just starting on My Neighbor Totoro! Thanks again for a Merry Christmas!

steam_sig.png