As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twilight Imperium] Game 6 - Game Over.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    MR stopped being cool a long time ago.

• Options
    robinlambertrobinlambert Registered User regular
    You know what is cool now? Staying home and doing your homework! So that is what I am going to do.

Oh, and smoking weeds. Watch out weeds.

• Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited January 2014
    One more bit of bookkeeping: @robinlambert, I just noticed that you converted your bonus counter into a Command Counter, however all of your Counters are currently allocated (3+8+5 = 16). You may use the bonus counter to change the position of one counter using the conversion, or you may instead gain a Trade Good.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Well, seeing as I have no more trade partners I will take it as TG

• Options
    Yssaril accepting massive bribes for trade contract approvals.

• Options
    I have a TG. Would that work?

• Options
    Round 8: Start of Action Phase

Mentak plays Action Card "Strategic Shift", preventing anyone from claiming the (8) Bureaucracy Strategy Card for the round. (AC 6 --> 5)
    Yssaril uses racial technology Mageon Implants to look at Mentak's hand of Action Cards and take one into his own hand. (Mentak AC 5 --> 4, Yssaril AC 13 --> 14)
    The Arborec: Select the (2) Diplomacy II Strategy Card.
    The Clan of Saar: Select the (3) Assembly Strategy Card.
    The Winnu: Select the (6) Warfare II Strategy Card.
    The Mentak Coalition: Select the (1) Leadership Strategy Card.
    The Yssaril Tribes: Select the (5) Trade II Strategy Card, converting two bonus counters into Command Counters allocated to Strategy Allocation and Command Pool. (SA 1 --> 2, CP 1 --> 2)
    The Emirates of Hacan: Select the (7) Technology II Strategy Card, converting one bonus counter into a Trade Good. (TG 2 --> 3)
    Mentak uses their racial ability to take one Trade Good from each of Arborec and Saar. (Arborec TG 3 --> 2; Saar TG 6 --> 5; Mentak TG 1 --> 3)
    Saar plays Action Card "Signal Jamming", targeting the Tequ'ran-Torkan system. (AC 6 --> 5)
    Yssaril plays Action Card "Sabotage" to cancel the effect. (AC 14 --> 13)

Bonus tokens are placed on the (4) Production and (8) Bureaucracy Strategy cards.

Order of Play
    The Mentak Coalition: (1) Leadership Current Player
    The Arborec: (2) Diplomacy II
    The Clan of Saar: (3) Assembly
    The Yssaril Tribes: (5) Trade II
    The Winnu: (6) Warfare II
    The Emirates of Hacan: (7) Technology II

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KaneskiKaneski Registered User regular
    Hoooboy... What an interesting setup. Without Production OR Bureaucracy... Predictions for the round? Just thinking out loud... Also... you know... agent of chaos thing that robin's such a big fan of :D

1. I MIGHT get MR, if robin is really leaving. Considering the 5-tech color thing will be unlocked next turn anyway for his victory - probably doesn't care about it. Woo! I might get 4 VPs before game end then!

2. Caliber gets my planets back... Hopefully I get to use them for resources before I get kicked off. Caliber, I'm camping for MR, but if you have no other actions - let me know when to GTFO off Lazar/Sarculag.

3. Despite my failed signal jam, Fidoh might still snipe the warsun and 2 dreads in a suicide rush... the Mentak flagship is a beast - no sustain damage. Then - big fight at Mentak Homeworld as the oppressed Golums get their vengeance. For... something before my time, who cares - BIG SPACE BATTLE.

4. And my favorite of the bunch. Since the speed of the Hacan fleet on MR is 1... Lyko could keep conquering, giving up Lodor, sure, but then Diplomacy Cormund on the next round and... profit! Especially if it's done before I play Assembly, which is going to be first thing.

Humm... now that I look at it, the only difference for me will be whether I get MR for the 'I control MR' objective... The other 2 - 3 command counters & 5 tech are now more or less guaranteed.

• Options
    FidohFidoh BelgiumRegistered User regular
    edited January 2014
    This has now become a battle between Hacan and Winnu for the win. Winnu will win if they can claim "[2 VP] I won two Space Battles this turn, each in different systems and against at least 3 opposing ships"

I feel like you have never stood against me, WInnu, and Hacan very much has, keeping me from the game by not attacking Yssaril during the first rounds. The Mentak Coalition and the Winnu have always had a good understanding, however.

As such, kind Winnu friend, please accept this space battle as a token of our alliance:

Activate Wellon, move in 1 carrier and 5 fighters from Moll Primus.

(You understand, of course, that I cannot move fewer fighters.)

Fidoh on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Well, pooh... I hadn't considered contrition... no big space battle for me... :(

Kaneski on
  • Options
    I play no action cards.

• Options
    calibercaliber Registered User regular
    No ACs on my end either. You've been a good neighbor Mentak. Once the Imperial Throne is rightfully filled, your people will be placed in a position of honor for the longtime peace between our peoples.

• Options
    Round 8 - Battle at Wellon

Mentak has 1 Carrier and 5 Fighters.
    Winnu has 1 War Sun, 2 Dreadnoughts, 1 Destroyer, and 2 Fighters.

Pre-Battle Round

Winnu's Destroyer uses Anti-Fighter barrage.

Geth roll 2d10t9 for Winnu Anti-Fighter Barrage

Winnu Anti-Fighter Barrage:
    2d10t9 0 [2d10t9=8, 3]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    No hits.

Round 1

Geth roll 1d10t9+5d10t8 for Mentak
    Geth roll 3d10t3+2d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9 for Winnu

Mentak:
    1d10t9+5d10t8 2 [1d10t9=6] [5d10t8=2, 9, 9, 3, 3]
    Winnu:
    3d10t3+2d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9 3 [3d10t3=2, 8, 8] [2d10t5=2, 8] [1d10t9=1] [2d10t9=2, 4]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    I'll need input from both players regarding which ships will take the hits.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Go Mentak!!

• Options
    Win, Winnu!

• Options
    Carrier and two fighters

• Options
    Winnu damages their two Dreadnoughts.
    Mentak destroys 1 Carrier and 2 Fighters.

Round 2

Mentak has 3 Fighters.
    Winnu has 1 War Sun, 2 Dreadnoughts (damaged), 1 Destroyer, and 2 Fighters.

Geth roll 3d10t8 for Mentak
    Geth roll 3d10t3+2d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9 for Winnu

Mentak:
    3d10t8 1 [3d10t8=6, 1, 9]
    Winnu:
    3d10t3+2d10t5+1d10t9+2d10t9 3 [3d10t3=1, 1, 6] [2d10t5=3, 6] [1d10t9=1] [2d10t9=4, 10]

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Mentak removes three Fighters; Winnu has one hit to allocate.

Once a decision has been made, combat will be resolved in favor of Winnu and it will be Arborec's turn to act.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Also ding the war sun. Repair one of the dreads, then the war sun as well.

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Diplomacy primary on Lodor .

(a) Choose one system containing a planet you control. Each opponent must place one of his Command Counters into the system from his reinforcements.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Interesting. So you don't mind that your Home World is not defended? I respect that.

Is Gabonzia considered to be empty with just a SpaceDock on it?

robinlambert on
  • Options
    And sorry Saar. I might not be leaving MR as soon as I would have liked.

What is your timeline for moving in to MR?

• Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Interesting. So you don't mind that your Home World is not defended? I respect that.

I'm pretty much half expecting to be forced to retake it, but no guts, no glory.

(P.S. Saar I'd like to point that I have 5 dreads, 2 cruisers, and a full carrier in range of my home world...)

• Options
    Saar is is going to try for two home worlds.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Is Gabonzia considered to be empty with just a SpaceDock on it?

Garbozia is not considered to be an empty world.

All players to play or pass on the Diplomacy secondary; since action order can matter, players may wait for clockwise order to be observed before making their action.

In addition, robinlambert must deallocate one of his Command Counters so that it can be placed with the Diplomacy Primary, since there are no more counters remaining in his reserve.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Ouch.

• Options
    No secondary

• Options
    You still get to decide from which area the Command Counter will be deallocated, robinlambert.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    2 homeworlds against a warsun & Arborec fleet... yeah. Won't deny, Arborec picking it made me consider plotting the attempt, but abandoned it shortly after. Besides, to make that attempt, I would have signal jammed the Winnu, not the Yssaril.

Hmm... so... @Fidoh did you just throw me under the proverbial bus? Because the only place the Winnu can get their 2nd 3+ ships victory is... against me at Sarkular/Lazar. Or am I missing something? Where else could the Winnu do it? @Caliber ? Thoughts? Without some form of reassuring lie, I'm liable to assume that the VPs outrank our deal (because they do).

@Robinlambert don't particularly care. I got VPs planned out for next 2 turns, and they're public knowledge by now. MR would get me an extra VP if I hold it before I play Bureaucracy next round.

• Options
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    In addition, robinlambert must deallocate one of his Command Counters so that it can be placed with the Diplomacy Primary, since there are no more counters remaining in his reserve.

Wow, I did not know this. I thought you were immune to this, if all your CC's were used up, but looks like Diplomacy is an exception.

Looks like I made a mistake past status phase. I was thinking Imperium Rex was the next objective card on the list. Whoops! Guess I did throw you under a bus, then, Kaneski. Oh well!

Anyway, Winnu could get that second victory at my home system against Yssaril.

• Options
    But lets be honest, Winnu really should get the victory by going after Saar. It would be that much more sweet.

Lose CC from CP. Cast angered glance at the plants.

• Options
    Depending on how the home system show down goes at Moll Primus, the Saar aren't necessarily my only other source of 3+ space battles, so I wouldn't worry to greatly Saar. And of course, like the Mentak, our many years of peaceful neighborly relations guarantees you a position of honor once the Imperial Throne is in proper hands once more.

• Options
    I believe @Kaneski is currently up to make a decision on the Diplomacy secondary; other players may still make their decisions out of turn.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Posting in a couple of hours once I'm not on phone

• Options
    edited January 2014
    My fellow Saar, gather your space caravans, dust up your knuckles, and crank your word-slurring to 11. It is truly a momentous occasion in the history of the galaxy, where the most despised race gets thrown to the wolves by the most hated race. The Mentak desire to see the Kilrathi off the throne has had the very unfortunate consequence of making us a prime target for the Winnu, and shattering our dreams of a peaceful 3rd citizenship. Do not misread me, I truly believe the Winnu when they say they would rather wait for the outcome of the battle between the Mentak and the Yssaril; however a whole lot of things have to go right for the Winnu to gain victory this way. It is no secret that our meager forces are a much better target for them, especially if taken by surprise, immediately. There is little risk to the Winnu, and the stain of betrayal would be wiped away by their presence on the Imperial Throne. After all, the Throne of Mecatol Rex forgives all transgressions of the one sitting atop it.

So, you ask me... what are we to do? Do we sit here and accept it? Do we wait for the Winnu promises of benevolence? Do you really think that if the Winnu take the Throne, they will buy you that periwinkle blue caravan you always wanted for your mothers? NO! The corrupt Winnu empire will nationalize the Hacan assets, chop down our Arborec friends, throw the Yssaril into a volcano planet and use their buddies, the Mentak to oppress and police the galaxy. And no matter what they say, we will always get the worst of it, because the other races all despise us.

Well, I say we give them reason to!

*cheers*

Spend CC from SA and exhaust Rarron (3I) to Activate Diplomacy Secondary to annex Tar'Mann

Edit: I believe this also gives me a trade good from racial? The wording is 'acquire a planet', not specifically invade one.

Kaneski on
  • Options
    Jesus @Fidoh I just looked through the victory tie breakers if you were right and Imperium Rex would've been revealed... Assuming Winnu got the 2 victories objective, and their planets back, and Hacan scored one of the 1-pointers and got a single planet back, then...

1. Tied on VPs.
    2. Tied on Objectives
    3. Tied on Planets
    4. Winnu wins by a single unused CC, that's assuming Winnu doesn't buy any with leadership secondary.
    5. If Winnu HAD bought it, then only an action card that places a CC, before Bureaucracy would be picked could swing the victory either way. Otherwise draw.

Would've been totally awesome close draw... pity 5 techs gets revealed instead.

• Options
    Yes, I do believe you receive 1 Trade Good from your secondary play. @caliber is next up on the secondary call.

4463rwiq7r47.png