As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halo 3 - In five days, you will BELIEVE. [NSF56K]

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Pharezon wrote: »

gametrailers is retarded like that. I stay away from the forums as much as possible lest I become infected with this brain killing disease.

Thankfully all the mindless drones go there. Biggest fanboy site around. One day there will be a cure for stupidity, but the only way to pacify it is that forum.

sadly, i fear the cure for stupidity may be much like the cure for the Flood.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh man, ten days? Shit, that's rather soon. See what happens when I stop paying attention. Guess I'll be heading to walmart that day.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    darleysam wrote: »

gametrailers is retarded like that. I stay away from the forums as much as possible lest I become infected with this brain killing disease.

Thankfully all the mindless drones go there. Biggest fanboy site around. One day there will be a cure for stupidity, but the only way to pacify it is that forum.

Giant orbital rings that contain them in underground storage facilities that happen to be massive weapons that destroy their food source?

Nah... Gametrailers is cheaper.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Giant orbital rings that contain them in underground storage facilities that happen to be massive weapons that destroy their food source?

Nah... Gametrailers is cheaper.

i sorta meant a total destruction of all sentient life, to make sure the stupidity doesn't spread through the rest of us.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Gametrailers WTF.
    Gametrailer=Avoid.
    No kidding

Stupidity needs a cure

Grand Plan stolen directly from Halo.

i sorta meant a total destruction of all sentient life, to make sure the stupidity doesn't spread through the rest of us.

...I'll get the shotgun.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    and i'll fetch the lime. The corpses may be contagious.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Durandal InfinityDurandal Infinity Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    we could just burn the surface of their faces till it is but glass

Durandal Infinity on
  • Options
    GroovyMr1337GroovyMr1337 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

sigged

GroovyMr1337 on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    What if we are already infected? But just don't know it yet because we are already too stupid to know?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I see stupid people.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    I see stupid people.

Don't worry, we all do. It's called 'matchmaking'.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    God, it reminds me of the Consolvania version of the Halo 3 commercial.

I know it's been linked earlier in the thread, but for all of those who are late to the party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEWIw-a0GJw

Watch the whole thing. I was in tears.

devoir on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Spoil-tagging predictions? I...I feel sick.

Darlan on
  • Options
    superslothsupersloth Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    oh god single digit days left.

supersloth on
    elsupersloth.jpg
    muh.
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I have a possible spoiler- This my own prediction but you will all fucking hate me unless I spoiler tag it

DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU WANT HALO3 ending to *POSSIBLY* be spoiled.

in the halo ad...
    The old guy is actually master chief

This info may or may not be accurate, but if it is true-- I'm almost certain it will create such a ruckus. No I do not have any bungie direct info. No I am not certain of this However, I am very suspicious of this being the case.

Nah, if you go to the website for that ad campaign they have several people giving interviews (in text until the game comes out, and one video won't be released until October 1st, so I'm guessing that one will talk about the ending a bit) about that battle -- I'm guessing that particular battle will be the final map of the single player game, with Master Chief single handedly breaking the back of the Covenant command structure, or somesuch.

The whole "believe" thing makes me think that Master Chief doesn't survive the game, but who knows?

In other news, I still need to play Halo 2. How hard is it to find nowadays?

KiTA on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    You can find it pretty much anywhere.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    ChildrenChildren Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm still on the fence about this game.

The fact that you can edit maps while people are in them is kinda tipping the scales.

Children on
    360 tag: A Blue Mushroom
    skate, halo 3
  • Options
    JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Children wrote: »

The fact that you can edit maps while people are in them is kinda tipping the scales.

Of course, that's only for gametypes allowing that. It's not like you can bust into a random Team Slayer game and drop several fusion cores on somebody's head.
    KiTA wrote: »
    I have a possible spoiler- This my own prediction but you will all fucking hate me unless I spoiler tag it

DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU WANT HALO3 ending to *POSSIBLY* be spoiled.

in the halo ad...
    The old guy is actually master chief

This info may or may not be accurate, but if it is true-- I'm almost certain it will create such a ruckus. No I do not have any bungie direct info. No I am not certain of this However, I am very suspicious of this being the case.

Nah, if you go to the website for that ad campaign they have several people giving interviews (in text until the game comes out, and one video won't be released until October 1st, so I'm guessing that one will talk about the ending a bit) about that battle -- I'm guessing that particular battle will be the final map of the single player game, with Master Chief single handedly breaking the back of the Covenant command structure, or somesuch.

The whole "believe" thing makes me think that Master Chief doesn't survive the game, but who knows?

In other news, I still need to play Halo 2. How hard is it to find nowadays?

Not hard. I see copies in my Local EBStops all the time for like 20ish bucks. Heck, every once in awhile I see the Limited edition.

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    supersloth wrote: »

1147239053.jpg

bruin on
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So I noticed on the John-117 memorial site that the chief has received every USMC medal except for prisoner of war, I wonder if they have one for dying in the line of duty?

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    So I noticed on the John-117 memorial site that the chief has received every USMC medal except for prisoner of war, I wonder if they have one for dying in the line of duty?

The uh, who would they give the medal to?

bruin on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

!!!

IIRC, one of the other biographies mentions a Sergeant gaining (posthumorously) the "Red Star of Valor" for being KIA.

KiTA on
  • Options
    EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    They've been saying he has received every medal except the Prisoner of War medallion since the first book... I think it might've even been in the manual. Means nothing.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    bruin wrote: »

Yea because no one has ever received an award or medal after death, I guess he has no family but that doesn't really mater he is the most famous war hero EVER.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yea because no one has ever received an award or medal after death, I guess he has no family but that doesn't really mater he is the most famous war hero EVER.

Yeah, I don't really have any idea what I'm talking about

bruin on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Evangir wrote: »
    They've been saying he has received every medal except the Prisoner of War medallion since the first book... I think it might've even been in the manual. Means nothing.

It means nothing until the chose it as one of the three lines of text to put on the very detailed website about his memorial.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

As long as your not a red sox fan I will let it slide.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

As long as your not a red sox fan I will let it slide.

I used to be, but I don't really give a shit about baseball anymore.

bruin on
  • Options
    ChildrenChildren Registered User regular
    edited September 2007

Of course, that's only for gametypes allowing that. It's not like you can bust into a random Team Slayer game and drop several fusion cores on somebody's head.

Ha! If you could do that this game would be pre ordered already. :P

Btw, It is one person editing others playing, right? Not several people editing at once?

Children on
    360 tag: A Blue Mushroom
    skate, halo 3
  • Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    All at once if you feel like it.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Ha! If you could do that this game would be pre ordered already. :P

Btw, It is one person editing others playing, right? Not several people editing at once?

Timed falling respawns from the sky would be really, really cool. Especially for something like skeet shooting. I hope we can spawn a ton of fusion cores for that.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If it's anything like our military (which it seems to be) then there isn't a specific award for dying in the line of duty. However the manner in which you die could well earn you a different citation, which would then be awarded posthumously.

And in Halo 3 news, I paid off my pre-order. Sadly I'm only getting the regular edition as I'm very short of cash. According to the Gamestop guy, they're doing a midnight release thats, according to him, "Going to be really cool."

No other specifics other than that.

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    At last word, the fred meyers I work at will NOT be doing a midnight launch.(thankfully, I like going to sleep at a reasonable time)

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    supersloth wrote: »

So, I have nine days to finish Halo, play through Halo 2, buy a 360, and do a preorder?

Believe.

I suck at FPSes and my wife would jack a 360 to play Eternal Sonata. This is never going to happen.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    BaronVonSnakPakBaronVonSnakPak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    id like to get the legendary, but im buying ace combat 6 with the flight stick, and thats $150. i know theyre a couple months apart, but i dont want to spend $300 on 2 games.

BaronVonSnakPak on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    360 Gamertag: Baronskatenbass Steam: BaronVonSnakPak HgL: AnsonLuap
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh I found out why I hate Halo 3 for using "Believe" as their ad monkier: Naruto.

I would have got the legendary if the helmet was wearable. Now I'll just get special edition and wait for the toys.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    so guys

It's gonna be 6 weeks before my xbox lands back on my doorstep, fixed.

I was kinda thinking of just buying a new xbox so that I don't go nuts, and selling my fixed one when it comes.

Do any of you have any experience with this? Should I buy a new box with a new harddrive, or buy a new box without a hard drive and use my own?

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    LookFreeGrenadeLookFreeGrenade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    so guys

It's gonna be 6 weeks before my xbox lands back on my doorstep, fixed.

I was kinda thinking of just buying a new xbox so that I don't go nuts, and selling my fixed one when it comes.

Do any of you have any experience with this? Should I buy a new box with a new harddrive, or buy a new box without a hard drive and use my own?

From my friend's experience, who was doing the same thing you're thinking about, he had a relatively hard time finding the non Harddrive xbox. That and the Halo 3 xbox is coming out tomorrow, so why not just get that and slap on your old hardrive to a new green beast.

I'll be doing the same thing

either finding a premium with an HDMI port or just going Halo 3 xbox.

LookFreeGrenade on
    ormskm.jpg20i89qa.jpg73f2j6.jpg
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    hmm. HDMI would be neat-o

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
This discussion has been closed.