As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TF2] Map Fortress 2: Pound Nails Into Your Dicks With Hammer!

• Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    Yeah I can't even start up steam in online mode.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Same here. Crap baskets.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    It's amazing how useless my computer is without Steam.

It's like.. I have absolutely nothing to do.

• Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    I'll pop a few Hearthstone matches while the Newell cracks the whip.

488W936.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Note: It seems you can play online on TF2 even if you launch it from offline mode.

Logic has no power here.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Looks like it's starting to come back? I just connected.

• Options
    ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    Quad curse Valve's inefficacity and disreliability! Fie!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • Options
    I'm back up, give it another try.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Honk HONK!

488W936.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Just popping in tonight to say that this week's HoNC night was one of the best I've been to in a really long time. Thanks for the great games, everyone.

@Crash‌ Heal me. Crash, heal me! HEAL ME, CRASH!

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »
    @Crash‌ Heal me. Crash, heal me! HEAL ME, CRASH!

Top 5 most confusing moment in TF2.

For those who didn't catch it:
    Kupi and I were sniping next to each other. Suddenly Kupi demands that heal him. I turn to see him standing there staring at me, in the middle of the battlefield, still insisting that I heal him. We stared at each other for a few seconds, and all I can think to do is pull out my Jarate. @xzzy runs up and blows him away as scout before I could do anything with it. xzzy then goes "what the fuck were you snipers doing just staring at each other?"

I'm still so confused.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Stupid basketball tearing me away from my precious TF2.

• Options
    Here's that UGC test I streamed the other night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNecLqQ4p4I

• Options
    Man, I know we like to rag on competitive players a lot around here, but I think I'd really enjoy having a chance to go a few rounds with those guys with a PA team, even on just a casual basis. We could be like Crash's team or something, and use his tag.

488W936.png
  • Options
    Hah, we can revive my ancient defunct clan.

• Options
    Clans are for chumps, it's way better to show up with a bunch of random names so the enemy thinks you're disorganized and then you beat them anyways.

• Options
    Also I think I'm about ready to push out cp_crater_b

It's still pretty rough.. floating signs, bad detailing, but I think the layout is coming together for a nice pub-friendly 5cp map.

It'll probably take about 30 seconds for you guys to find some horrible imbalance.

• Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    *Cracks knuckles

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Pablo the PenguinPablo the Penguin Registered User regular
    *Cracks elbows

• Options
    *Cracks rifle

488W936.png
  • Options
    *cracks

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    butt cracks

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    Video card arrived today. Turns out I got a dud. Now to RMA and hope the replacement actually works. :|

• Options
    Shiiiitty

• Options
    So my goal is to update Trainsawlaser by this Friday so we can test it out at least once before TF2Maps annual April Fools day event.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for changes? I still won't be able to add much craziness, but I might be able to squeak a bit in after I do my audio optimization nail-in-dick work.

• Options
    You still need to put in an event where all the bosses fight while there is a mini-train storm, and it ends with the gigantic train. OR if you're too much of a sissy for that, then you can just set the trains on fire.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I feel like that would drag on for soooo long though. Kilgore is at the extreme end of the time frame (like a minute or so out on the field) and I can always sense people getting annoyed that they still can't capture near the end of it.

Actually, I might increase his movement speed. Good idea, Pablo.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Two things come to mind:
    1) Drop a train on the decks near the acid kool-aid. Rifle snipers are way too safe there.
    2) If you want to give the middle finger to engineers once and for all, extend the nobuilds to the ramps leading up to the point, or at the very least at the lip. Covering the point is one thing, but covering the point and all angles of approach except that second-floor balcony in the building is quite another.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I may just do the first and the second is the first thing I planned on doing when I reopened the vmf.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Too bad there's not a good way to give the bosses HP, so players could at least fight them and get the game going again.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Honestly I think I know exactly how to do that, I just didn't want to make it a "everyone focus fire on these things" that I have to try to balance out for skilled and unskilled servers and they end up becoming a chore on the map rather than there goofy shenanigans that they are now.

Plus I don't want to have to record any new lines and that would definitely need some "on death" clips.

• Options
    Oh god I just had such a hilariously bad idea for a joke map I might try to shit out in time for April Fools, depending on how long Trainsawlaser takes this week...

I don't want to spoil anything, but can anyone recommend me some of the lamest most stereotypical freak out dub step music? A few examples would be helpful...

For reasons.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I'm officially more excited for my last-minute stupid as hell idea than I am for Trainsawlaser's update.

If I can pull it off.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/2HjLN1TA3bc

(not dub step, but close enough maybe)

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Pablo the Penguin on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2014
    Some real winners I've found in games and bad frag montage parodies (spoilered for huge):
    "Thanks," Forza Horizon (I actually really like the original version of this song, Cinema by Benny Bernassi): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6lVhGeyXuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5N7JaURMxQ

This one's a classic. Start about a minute in:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxNT8ONn-To

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Oh god I just had such a hilariously bad idea for a joke map I might try to shit out in time for April Fools, depending on how long Trainsawlaser takes this week...

I don't want to spoil anything, but can anyone recommend me some of the lamest most stereotypical freak out dub step music? A few examples would be helpful...

For reasons.

Any idea that involves stupid dubstep is an idea I'm all the way behind. Some suggestions.

Literally anything by Skrillex.

Nero might have some good stuff.

Flux Pavilion has some stuff that could work. Bass Canon may be to on the nose, but boy it's fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3cE9iXIx9c

This site is full of royalty free stuff. The very first one on the list seems promising.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Holy shit I didn't realize how much I needed some ridiculous fucking dubstep in my life until right now. This project is going to be fun.

Oh.. I guess I should work on trainsawlaser too.

• Options
    Everything you need to know about dubstep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePN5z-6MSoI

This discussion has been closed.