As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

WIC - Demo out (Everyone wants to rule the World)

1111213141517»

• The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I got the part of the wall David Hasselhoff stood on.

The_Scarab on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    brynstar wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Does the CE edition elsewhere include a piece of the Berlin Wall like the UK CE does?

I found that a bit of a O_o gift for a CE.

Aye it does, and I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it just now. I may just have to pick up the CE today...

It contains an actual piece of the Berlin Wall?

Yup, certified and all that. It also contains some History Channel documentary about the Berlin Wall, along with the usual smattering of bonus materials.

Well fuck. I might have to pick it up then. The game looks interesting and everything (even if I hate the setting) but that's really neat.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I played this shit out of this in Open Beta.

Excellent game. It's fairly balanced in theory, but a good player can REALLY REALLY get a leg up if they know what they're doing.

Endomatic on
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Endomatic wrote: »
    I played this shit out of this in Open Beta.

Excellent game. It's fairly balanced in theory, but a good player can REALLY REALLY get a leg up if they know what they're doing.

A team actually using voip and/or the in-game attention pointers will decimate anyone not working as a team. No one person is strong against everything, and the team supporting one another to correct those deficiencies in each player's chosen role will own the field in a hurry.

Such was my experience last night on both sides of that fence.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Okay, I just played the demo. Wow, holy shit. What a great game. I usually HATE realistic strategy games, but this was a blast!

urahonky on
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, I just got home from buying the CE. Partly on the strength of the super-impressive demo, and partly for the piece of the Berlin Wall. It's a pretty good sized chunk, I'd say about 1/3rd larger than a US quarter. So it's not some incredibly tiny pebble or anything.

I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm also hoping it'll get me back into the mood to try out Company of Heroes again. I tried that but never got into it. I know, I know...

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Does the retail version look or run any better than the demo? The demo was actually a downgrade compared to the betas.

FreddyD on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, I just got home from buying the CE. Partly on the strength of the super-impressive demo, and partly for the piece of the Berlin Wall. It's a pretty good sized chunk, I'd say about 1/3rd larger than a US quarter. So it's not some incredibly tiny pebble or anything.

I'm really looking forward to the game. I'm also hoping it'll get me back into the mood to try out Company of Heroes again. I tried that but never got into it. I know, I know...

You get a chunk of the Berlin wall with the CE? Wow, thats a pretty damn cool extra. Suck it art books and 'making of' dvds, thats a real chunk of history. I have a small chunk of the wall from a trip to Berlin, but I'm still considering getting a CE just for that, pretty cool.
    FreddyD wrote: »
    Does the retail version look or run any better than the demo? The demo was actually a downgrade compared to the betas.

I didn't notice any visual change, but then again I was running both at minimum settings. What I did notice though was the demo ran far, far better than the beta. I was actually able to play some multiplayer matches, of course I just figured this was expected beta to demo fixes. Though this could be an explination.

Arrath on
  • ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    so, I can't see any of the 16 players servers after getting disconnected from a match... O.o

Shade on
  • ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Been working fine for me today. PA clan recreated. Toss me a message for an invite. Clan name is Penny Arcade, abbreviation is PA.

ToyD on
    steam_sig.png
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just picked up the collector's edition of this game (I'm such a sucker), and I have to say: the case is amazing. Wow. Anyone else pick up the CE?

urahonky on