As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BF4] 100% of servers now running 24/7 Meatro. We've come full circle.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Thank god they found it.

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Just tried it myself. After much terrible coordination, it finally appeared. It's fucking huuuge! Took out a chopper, even.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    My top 4 weapons are: AWS, MG4, PKP, Claymore.

I think I have a problem.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Uggg

Four different NS servers and just rubberband city on each. The only decent time was on 48 players or less and even then it had spotty chunks of rubber-banding.

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Uggg

Four different NS servers and just rubberband city on each. The only decent time was on 48 players or less and even then it had spotty chunks of rubber-banding.

Just came in here to post that I don't even want to try to play NS because it is nothing but shit for me.

Been playing vanilla or second assault. My enthusiasm for NS is right around 0%. And unlike with BF3, I am really regretting my purchase of Premium. And China Rising...Those maps, even with 64 players, just really aren't much fun.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Yeah, I haven't even played second assault.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Uggg

Just came in here to post that I don't even want to try to play NS because it is nothing but shit for me.

Been playing vanilla or second assault. My enthusiasm for NS is right around 0%. And unlike with BF3, I am really regretting my purchase of Premium. And China Rising...Those maps, even with 64 players, just really aren't much fun.

I am totally sad that this is happening to me too. And I really like NS maps. :(

Second Phantom assignment requires 20 jet kills. So, that's another assignment I will never be able to do unless I poop-sock it.

• Options
    AhiMahi wrote: »
    Uggg

I am totally sad that this is happening to me too. And I really like NS maps. :(

Second Phantom assignment requires 20 jet kills. So, that's another assignment I will never be able to do unless I poop-sock it.

or boost it

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    There's a bunch of assignments I will likely never do unless I boost it on an empty server with a bunch of like-minded people.

Because fuck trying to get a kill streak of 10 on Caspian Border AND land on the tallest tower. Or snipe 5 dudes while getting however many sniper ribbons.

• Options
    Orca wrote: »
    There's a bunch of assignments I will likely never do unless I boost it on an empty server with a bunch of like-minded people.

Because fuck trying to get a kill streak of 10 on Caspian Border AND land on the tallest tower. Or snipe 5 dudes while getting however many sniper ribbons.

Actually you just need kills from the tower and not specifically sniper kills from there. Easiest way is to get to the top of the tower and drop C4 onto people that are trying to snipe from it, then run around with a RDS sniper and duckscope people for the sniper ribbon.

• Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    I like the new maps so far (when they're not rubber banding like cray), but Christ I'm sick of BF map packs being so segregated. Is it their goal to make everyone burn out on the latest maps each time, or just never even bother?

I'd kill for a server with full map rotation. It's not exactly 'Premium' value having to dance around in the server browser just to see all the content I paid for.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    I hate the battlelog server browser. When I hit "Search", why do I get different results every time? Why can't it just show me every server that fits what I searched for. It's frustrating because sometimes it won't even give me any servers with people in them.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Uggg

Same thing happened to me too. I look at the BF4 button and just kinda go "ehhhhh." Partly because the maps just haven't quite been as awesome as I hoped but mostly because a game client can only crash so many times before I just throw my hands up in the air and go play something else.
    RDS sniper and duckscope people
    Honestly the best way to use the sniper rifles tbh. With practice you can still easily countersnipe with a red dot or holo and it makes enemy snipers soooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    TOGSolid wrote: »
    Honestly the best way to use the sniper rifles tbh. With practice you can still easily countersnipe with a red dot or holo and it makes enemy snipers soooooo maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Crossmapped a guy with an ironsight JNG once, just saw the glint and tossed it up and took a shot and domed him. Fifteen minutes of hackusations later he finally left when I booped him with the littlebird five times.

• Options
    MovitzMovitz Registered User regular
    Still waiting since day 0 for my veteran battlepack, DICE!

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

I prefer the 4x or 3.4x scopes. Zero sway and you still get some zoom for distance targets.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I hate the battlelog server browser. When I hit "Search", why do I get different results every time? Why can't it just show me every server that fits what I searched for. It's frustrating because sometimes it won't even give me any servers with people in them.

Sounds like your search filter includes people on the server. E.g. you might have ticked it to not show full servers, so when a server becomes full, it just doesn't show up anymore.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    No, it absolutely just finds 100 odd servers that fit your criteria and throws them up. You can re-fresh with the same filters and have different servers show up.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    has the server browser in bf4 ever not been terrible?

• Options
    WolveSightWolveSight Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »

Sounds like your search filter includes people on the server. E.g. you might have ticked it to not show full servers, so when a server becomes full, it just doesn't show up anymore.

also turn off empty servers. You can then sort by number of players and it will populate the list fairly regularly as you scroll down (the list populates from their server and the servers that have mostly recently been polled show up first in your list). If you scroll all the way down, then resort by player count you can get a better picture of what servers are running.

253J736.png
  • Options

I prefer the 4x or 3.4x scopes. Zero sway and you still get some zoom for distance targets.

Those are great too if you find yourself distance sniping more than high speed rail gunning. I always switched off as necessary in BF3. The lack of scope glint drives people batshit crazy.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    RMA replacement from Althon Micro, Inc. has been shipped on 04/10/2014.

Two week turn around time with it being slammed with all the burnt out miner cards...not bad.

EDIT:

Six motherfucking days of shipping? Does fedex now use horse drawn buggies to move things?

iRevert on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular

Two week turn around time with it being slammed with all the burnt out miner cards...not bad.

EDIT:

Six motherfucking days of shipping? Does fedex now use horse drawn buggies to move things?

>AMD

• Options
    edited April 2014
    That_Guy wrote: »

EDIT:

>AMD

Echo on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    A little montage I put together of me and my friend playing. A lot of it is hilarious to me.

http://youtu.be/NnzxjCXw-LU

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Thread the needle? Yeah thread the needle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kabtEmjIeWI&feature=youtu.be

For reference this is the gap:
    W9WzY5X.jpg?1

iRevert on
  • Options
    I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IRIbIMO0SY

Explains more than a few things that have happened in BF4

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    What the actual fuck.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Releasing a game months before it's ready, to compete with Call of Duty cause EA is dumb. The very physical manifestation of dumb.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So much of my hit rate is understandable now.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    The grenade at the very end explains a lot of things on hurt locker especially.

• Options
    I think it's safe to say that BF4 has pretty much ruined the series and forever broken everyone's trust.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I wouldn't go that far because it's just one shitty game in a pretty good series.

I'm definitely not buying BF5/Star Wars Battlefront on release though. Especially if they continue to be slanted towards the whole premium business.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Releasing a game months before it's ready, to compete with Call of Duty cause EA is dumb. The very physical manifestation of dumb.

Move along people, nothing to see here.

They could take 3 years to make Bad Company 3 as long as its playable, has strong netcode, and no crazy exploitable tactics (IE suicide UAVs strapped with C4 to nuke M-COMS to hell with like no way to defend against it)

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular

W9WzY5X.jpg?1

heh, that tank I disabled (which flamed to death shortly after) was on the far side of D. that was about 300m with an RPG7. Feels good man.

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options

W9WzY5X.jpg?1

heh, that tank I disabled (which flamed to death shortly after) was on the far side of D. that was about 300m with an RPG7. Feels good man.

300m, moving shot, from a helicopter...nothing but tank.

• Options
    Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    This game is such a broken mess. It's not Sim City broken, but I can not believe that there are parts of this game that are still 6 months on that still are shit. Tick rates are still bottom tier providing a shit experience as well as 64 person naval strike maps play like the server is located on the fucking moon.

I want to play Battlefield but I have lost hope in them being able to provide the needed resources to fix base game code and I have lost trust in them and don't see myself buying anything they make at launch for a long long time.

• Options
    RiotRiot Registered User regular
    I'm shocked I tell you, shocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IRIbIMO0SY

Explains more than a few things that have happened in BF4

Has Dice commented on this yet?? I mean, like was this here since launch, because wow this is bad.

• Options
    This game is such a broken mess. It's not Sim City broken, but I can not believe that there are parts of this game that are still 6 months on that still are shit. Tick rates are still bottom tier providing a shit experience as well as 64 person naval strike maps play like the server is located on the fucking moon.

I want to play Battlefield but I have lost hope in them being able to provide the needed resources to fix base game code and I have lost trust in them and don't see myself buying anything they make at launch for a long long time.

It's heavily tainted my opinion on getting any other multiplayer DICE games.