As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring [chat]

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    This is sample of last night

http://distilleryimage8.s3.amazonaws.com/aa5711fec4b711e39cb20002c9b25e70_101.mp4

Songkran in Chiang Rai (waaay up north near the border)
    This is like 99% Thai ppl, almost no other tourists here, relative to Chiang Mai
    So cray

Lol everyone so friendly too

poo
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i fucking love the sense of humour in bob's burgers

• RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    i fucking love the sense of humour in bob's burgers

It is indeed good stuff. I recently acquired the short lived Lucy: Daughter of the Devil (also starring John Benjamin) and that was great as well.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    personally i would love a pax that were in an overpriced, yuppie area. i want delicious, gourmet foodie stuff while i'm on vacation. not food court stuff or like, ham sandwiches from a deli.

yeah the spot in downtown seattle is real inconvenient for parking, hotels, etc but there are tons of good restaurants in walking distance, like shorter walking than the boston con

hynes was more convenient for getting to places with good food. the back bay isn't great - it's mostly either chains or unrealistically swanky places - but it's not hard to get better places.

tbh all the hotspots are in cambridge, somerville or the south end these days.

the bcec isn't near anything. i mean it makes sense why they built it there, since it was just southie brownfields, but it means it's not proximate to shit.

Wqdwp8l.png
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    PAX is very tiring, but I think I'd like to make it to East or South

mostly as an excuse to travel for a week and waste money

the con itself is ancillary, really. Its a useful signal to rally around even if you don't do much there.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Podul_Regele_Carol_I.jpg

King Carol I Bridge, Romania.

ftOqU21.png
    Erryone rolling around in pickup trucks

Everything wet

7eefb06cc4b611e383670002c9f0eae0_8.jpg

poo
    800px-McDonnell_XF-85_bw_base.jpg
    XF-85 Goblin.

ftOqU21.png
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    personally i would love a pax that were in an overpriced, yuppie area. i want delicious, gourmet foodie stuff while i'm on vacation. not food court stuff or like, ham sandwiches from a deli.

yeah the spot in downtown seattle is real inconvenient for parking, hotels, etc but there are tons of good restaurants in walking distance, like shorter walking than the boston con

i think i am p happy with the boston system (that is where i have to walk a good 25 minutes to get to the con). i'd rather be close to good food than to my hotel.

huh?

i am saying in the seattle situation, i don't think i'd mind that the con is inconvenient to hotels (since in boston i don't stay at the hotels right near the convention). as long as good food is available i am happy. so it could be like, do the long walk or taxi or whatever to the con, then stage there for food (vs boston where we have to travel back to the hotel-ish area for the sort of food environment we're looking for).

oh it's not inconvenient to hotels, just the hotels right near the con are SPENDY (i guess I should have clarified)

the hotels are right next to the con but they cost, yknow

My strategy for things like this is always to just like split the hotel 10 ways, I don't mind sleeping on the floor. It's good for your back, ya know.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    I didn't get the job. I should've known better than to get my hopes up, but I thought that finally getting an interview somewhere would've meant something. So much for all that positivity I've been feeling.

4a44468cc4b311e396750002c9ce5384_8.jpg

poo
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    XF-85 Goblin.

it's just a jet engine with a cockpit on top

Wqdwp8l.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Fried dough

• TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Irond Will wrote: »
    XF-85 Goblin.

it's -adorable-

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    XF-85 Goblin.
    smart-car-tipping.jpg

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    wait, 21st, how did R+R playtest go at PAX?

There was none of that planned.

I brought The Tower to PAX. That's my first completed card game, more complete than RnR ever was.

And i was too shy and meek to speak up and invite people to play, so i basically missed every chance i had to play it and ended up have just enough time for a short game with Chu and DK right before I had to leave to catch my plane.

But they claimed to have enjoyed it and it made me happy so whatevs. I liked playing it.

ok so here are my critical thoughts on the tower:

-i didn't really understand the player/character deck? this is the one we only used for the first turn i think, and then was discarded.
    -are point counters and hp counters relatable under any of the cards in your system? i didn't know whether it was a coincidence that they used the same sort of token.
    -it took me several turns (i.e. while the in-play threats were still weak) to realize i had to worry about mitigating damage. maybe make more clear the phases of a turn?
    -i had no idea how to determine how the in-play threats attack. you would draw a card from the energy deck and say 'this does nothing' and then the threat would be dormant that turn- but i don't know what system was being used there. maybe make that more clear for future playthroughs?

@21stCentury‌

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    XF-85 Goblin.

Uguu~

people who are loud and proud about their atheism are just adorable

XF-85 Goblin.

basically yes

it was designed to be attacked to bombers as defense

ftOqU21.png
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Haha screw you Internet you can't spoil me now.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Have you heard the good news of the nonexistence of God?

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

you're on s4ep2 right?

yes, yes it can.

Inquisitor wrote: »

i think i am p happy with the boston system (that is where i have to walk a good 25 minutes to get to the con). i'd rather be close to good food than to my hotel.

huh?

i am saying in the seattle situation, i don't think i'd mind that the con is inconvenient to hotels (since in boston i don't stay at the hotels right near the convention). as long as good food is available i am happy. so it could be like, do the long walk or taxi or whatever to the con, then stage there for food (vs boston where we have to travel back to the hotel-ish area for the sort of food environment we're looking for).

oh it's not inconvenient to hotels, just the hotels right near the con are SPENDY (i guess I should have clarified)

the hotels are right next to the con but they cost, yknow

My strategy for things like this is always to just like split the hotel 10 ways, I don't mind sleeping on the floor. It's good for your back, ya know.

fun fact: I've been sleeping on a mattress on the floor because I couldn't be arsed to change the sheets on the bed until now. I am that lazy.

ftOqU21.png
    mostly it's been about changing it up some. It was interesting sleeping there.

There's something I like about sleeping really low.

ftOqU21.png
    Couscous wrote: »

If you haven't, you should add me on facebook where I'll be posting literally anything I can find that's tangentially related.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

so unapologetic

fuck gendered marketing
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    Alright.

EWGYl.jpg

aRkpc.gif
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

so unapologetic

I know right.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

you're on s4ep2 right?

yes, yes it can.

Well I mean unless you count the book nerds. And people who have found a way to see a pre-air of episode 3.

And anyone with legit sources.

Fuck you Internet. Fuck you.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    XF-85 Goblin.

basically yes

it was designed to be attacked to bombers as defense

it was also doctrinally obsolete before it even reached testing

fuck gendered marketing
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    mission-yuppie-eradication-project.jpg

what stupendous cunts

Jokes on you, anti-gentrifiers, this Mission yuppie doesn't own a car!

(Please don't hurt my fixie)

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

If you haven't, you should add me on facebook where I'll be posting literally anything I can find that's tangentially related.

So basically everything Bill Nye.

Winky wrote: »
    mission-yuppie-eradication-project.jpg

what stupendous cunts

Jokes on you, anti-gentrifiers, this Mission yuppie doesn't own a car!

(Please don't hurt my fixie)

jesus christ those font choices

I agree with chu

you don't even have to read it, just look at the design

fuck gendered marketing
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    HERBSAINT

FUCKING HERBSAINT

HOW DID I NOT THINK OF THIS EARLIER

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    BEAST! wrote: »
    BEAST! wrote: »
    Ugh sidequesting in FFX

stupid trophies
    i started ffx this morning am i in for a treat or not...should i trust @Hakkekage that it is wonderful?!?!?!! AM I LETTING A WOMAN RUIN MY LIFE?!?!

if you want an almost completely non-interactive experience with excellent artwork then yes, you are in for a treat.

You can get through 90% of the game just by positioning a drinky-bird over the X button though.
    i am totally fine with that, my drinky-bird will finally start pulling his own weight

@BEAST!‌ it's a great effing game fuck the haters collect spheres

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Coming home to my dogs would be just the most awesome thing in the world if it weren't for being scratched and bitten repeatedly from their pure excitement and joy that I feel too guilty to put a damper on. <3 my dogs. Hate being mauled.

ChelleYeah on
    I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I stick it to the rich people by putting pennies under their tires.

HAHA THAT'LL SHOW 'EM!!

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    And even at PAX he didn't torture me at all.

Hakks however...

Well... she was did her fair share.

@Hakkekage‌

@DemonStacey‌ Sorry bout that >_>

it took me like 9 months but i forgot how mean hakkekage is

until this weekend at least

Am I really mean

*weeps*

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    omg i am phoning in this homework like whoa

because i don't need to do it to maintain my A

but i also can't just not do it

so half-assed it is!

Allegedly a voice of reason.
This discussion has been closed.