As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game of Thrones] Happy International Picnic Day

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Langly wrote: »
    Mr. G Under no circumstances read anialos' post

whoops

well

at least it's nice having someone look out for me

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I'll ask this in a spoiler just to be safe, not sure if it really needs it.
    All the maps I've seen show the north of Westeros just being cut off by the map edge. Do they not know how far the north goes/ is there a source of the white walkers/giants/etc up there? And does Essos not have any of those kind of threats?

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The internet is a peculiar place

http://youtu.be/X6tKZ-cg4RI

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I wonder if it was Cat who made Ned a terrible politician, or vice versa

They were both pretty bad to begin with; they were just singularly stupid/unlucky enough to exacerbate whatever mistakes the other one made at every turn.
    "Hey, I'm gonna kidnap Tyrion."
    "Okay, I'm gonna take the credit for it."
    "I'm gonna let him get put on trial by my idiot sister and then let him go."
    "I'm gonna put a bounty out on the most powerful lord in Westeros after his heir stabbed me because we kidnapped his brother."
    "I'm gonna further piss my sister off and guarantee she doesn't support our son when he goes to war against the crown."
    "I'm totally gonna tell the queen I know about that one thing, then trust her clearly unstable son not to take my head."

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    just caught up on this and i definitely liked season 3 daario better

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You crazy

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I'll ask this in a spoiler just to be safe, not sure if it really needs it.
    All the maps I've seen show the north of Westeros just being cut off by the map edge. Do they not know how far the north goes/ is there a source of the white walkers/giants/etc up there? And does Essos not have any of those kind of threats?

I too would like to know the answer to this if someone has it. Even speculation would be fine!

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    The land to the far north of Westeros, beyond the Frostfang Mountains (which more or less mark the border of where the Wildlings live) is called the Land of Always Winter. Nobody knows what's up there, but legend has it that's where the White Walkers come from.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    there are no white walkers on essos

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    the maps of the far southern edge of essos end in The Shadow, which is vaguely implied to be a similar threat

• Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i dunno there was something about season 3 daario that intrigued me

season 4 daario just looks and acts like a dude

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Daario 3 was awkward and Daario 4 is bland

mkc.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    the maps of the far southern edge of essos end in The Shadow, which is vaguely implied to be a similar threat

I never looked at the maps. That's neat since the god of fire is also the god of shadow.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The follow up to the epic Song of Ice and Fire series: A Song of Light and Dark.

GRRM should have it done by the time he's about 100.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I don't know that it's fair to judge New Daario based off the like, single scene he was in so far. I do kind of miss the old one, but I don't want to say he's awful until he's had at least another two or three scenes under his belt.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
  • Options
    I would love this one as a poster

tumblr_n3f2joeCoT1tuzdqso1_1280.jpg

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    "What kind of coin is that?" "It's worth a lot!"

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I really like this one.

tumblr_n3cw871t6j1tuzdqso1_1280.jpg

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    my favorite touch on that poster is the chainmail under the sleeves

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Varys is maybe one of my favorite turnarounds of a character on any show

He at first appears skeevy and untrustworthy but reveals himself to be one of the most thoughtful and kind characters on the show

Now of course this is Game of Thrones, and "kind" on Game of Thrones includes "will lock a motherfucker who wronged him in a box"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

He at first appears skeevy and untrustworthy but reveals himself to be one of the most thoughtful and kind characters on the show

Now of course this is Game of Thrones, and "kind" on Game of Thrones includes "will lock a motherfucker who wronged him in a box"

I think the box was only the beginning of that guy's troubles.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Hate the game, not the player.

• Options

Varys is one of my favorite characters in the show too. Less so in the books, I think the actor's performance gives him a lot of charisma and presence he lacks otherwise.

• Options
    169198_2_preview.jpg

The Spider

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Spoilers for tonight (not really)
    m0Zoy9N.gif

Weaver on
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    Soooo, I hear this show has Dragons?

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    I've finally made it to last week's episode

I was tired of Ramsay's stuff halfway through last season, and now there's MORE?

sure hope he's not around for much longer

This is maybe my least favorite plot in the entire show so far

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The Lion and the Rose
    did Tyrion just try to 'Harry and the Hendersons' Shae

Has he been learning from Jack Donaghy

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Can't you see WE DON'T WANT YOU ANYMORE

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Can't you see WE DON'T WANT YOU ANYMORE

That scene literally made me cry as a child

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Gets me right in the feels, every time

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I still choke up when I watch it.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I hope next episode a befuddled John Lithgow is just wandering around King's Landing trying to find out how to get to Riverrun

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    John Lithgow as Darkstar

• Options
    The Lion and the Rose
    so Margaery's mom (grandma?) totally killed Joffrey, right

A lady that sassy doesn't go "OH BOY I SURE HATE WHEN PEOPLE DIE AT WEDDINGS WHO COULD DO SUCH A THING GOOD THING NOBODY'S GONNA DIE AT THIS WEDDING" for no reason

I have a feeling Tywin was in on it, as well as the fool

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The Lion and the Rose

A lady that sassy doesn't go "OH BOY I SURE HATE WHEN PEOPLE DIE AT WEDDINGS WHO COULD DO SUCH A THING GOOD THING NOBODY'S GONNA DIE AT THIS WEDDING" for no reason

Something to consider about Tywin:
    Tywin hates Tyrion. He hates Tyrion perhaps more than he hates anybody else in the entire world. And yet, despite how trivially easy it would have been, he never had Tyrion killed. Why? Because despite however much Tywin hates it Tyrion is family, and to kill Tyrion would go against the basic core justification Tywin uses for all actions. Consider that before you accuse the man of killing his grandson.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Gundi wrote: »
    The Lion and the Rose

Something to consider about Tywin:
    Tywin hates Tyrion. He hates Tyrion perhaps more than he hates anybody else in the entire world. And yet, despite how trivially easy it would have been, he never had Tyrion killed. Why? Because despite however much Tywin hates it Tyrion is family, and to kill Tyrion would go against the basic core justification Tywin uses for all actions. Consider that before you accuse the man of killing his grandson.

I'm sure you know way more about this than I do just based on your tone so I'll just explain myself
    Pretty much my entire basis for thinking Tywin was in on it was a really quick scene of Oleanna and Tywin walking together and talking and I didn't hear what they were saying cause my headphones were knocked off my head briefly

I don't ACTUALLY think Tywin was very involved, if anything just that he knew what was about to happen and he couldn't stop it

But also Tywin might rather not have one of his family become the new Mad King and damage the Lannister name even worse than having a Kingslayer in their midst

It really shows what a great murder mystery it is, there's so many plausible scenarios

Oberyn is another huge suspect, considering how much he hates Lannisters and if Tyrion is convicted he just took two of them out with one blow

And THAT has me thinking it's a double frame-job and Oleanna is basically the most conniving lady on the whole show and is pretty much a genius

goddamn this show is good

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    Actually the show leaves out a detail about Oberyn's past actions that would have everyone suspecting him.

Book:
    He's notorious for using poison to kill people.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    @Mr. G Have you considered that you might be... Hodoring... up the wrong tree?

[IMG][/img]
This discussion has been closed.