As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dress Like You've Got Your Own Theme Music

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Fyndir wrote: »

for real I immediately started trying to figure out if there was any way I could try to go to that

but even if I could manage the time off/plane tickets, we'll have a litter of newborn puppies in the house at that point

what I'm saying is, Nova Scotia is the superior choice because puppies

I can be there in about 20 hours.

wait, that's not for a while isn't it?

Hm.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    growing up in florida by the beach and being unable to tan was the dang worst

whenever I went out of state people were all making me feel like some sort of phony floridian

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    you had a chance to deny you were from florida and you didn't take it? that alone should have alerted them

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    To paraphrase Hunter S. Thompson, any man who goes around and says Hell Yes I'm From Florida deserves whatever he gets

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    look, puka shells were still in, okay

and i had yet to learn what a politics was

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Bé ChuilleBé Chuille Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I just found out that some chickens lay blue eggs
    I will from now on be mega disappointed that I don't eat those all the time

Arucana hens lay blue eggs. They're also seriously unfriendly as a breed. :(

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    When I was 18 I was overly conscious of being pale, so one day I thought I'd go and sunbake in my backyard for a while.

For some reason I decided that I'd do this while still wearing my skater belt with the giant chunky metal buckle.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Then I will take their children from them with fire and blood

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I bought another pair of jeans on Ebay. I have enough jeans, I really do. But these were Free People, in my size, for 5 pounds!

... it would have been folly to pass them up.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

Then I will take their children from them with fire and blood

Oh sure, but I'm the Hitler for taking an embryology class

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Anyway here are two more pictures of that hip bag or whatever the hell the term these days is for a fanny pack

I got it cause the deets

(And because I wanted one ferociously for years)
    9U6Nmk1l.jpg

Lining
    22hiRfFl.jpg
    Zip and strap

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    When I was 18 I was overly conscious of being pale, so one day I thought I'd go and sunbake in my backyard for a while.

For some reason I decided that I'd do this while still wearing my skater belt with the giant chunky metal buckle.

This made me wince, and also reminisce for getting into our family's old Falcon when I was a kid and having to be very careful not to touch the metal part of the seatbelt when buckling up for fear of losing skin.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i wish i could get a decent photo of my new jacket.

it is the best.

It feels amazing. It makes me feel amazing.

Like, Sandy at the end of Grease, amazing.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I've been on graveyard shift so long that I sorta, like, forgot that I'm able to tan really easily.

One weekend in the desert and I'm basically a bronzed god.

Feels good.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    A friend at the weekend asked if I'd been on holiday on account of I have a brown face with stupid pale sunglasses marks. But nope. That's England in April, baby.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

what do you mean were still in

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Hey fashion thread I don't have a photo of it but today I was wearing plastic pants and jacket over my riding gear. Heck yea I was looking gooood.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    member when WaM was saying she could do glasses recommendations based on photos? She still around/doing that?

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    @DaMoonRulz 's missus is an optician, she has very kindly been helping people lately.

• Options
    hm hmmm

so if I were to post a photo of me face there's a chance I could get some advice? Was trying stuff on the last day but wasn't happy with any of em

• Options
    I should think so, I imagine Mrs DaMoon would be best but a lot of us are glasses wearers and can suggest stuff like shapes etc!

• Options
    cool, i will take some when I get home then

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I need hairs advice!
    Please open below if you want to mock my dumb hair, or provide hairs advice.
    I usually do it to the side like this for ease of... ease.
    IMG_20140422_093823348_zps5ble9qhu.jpg

It floofs up a lot.
    IMG_20140422_093833834_zpso8kjf0sd.jpg

And comes down about this much
    IMG_20140422_093848400_zpse4q0l2kk.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    A friend at the weekend asked if I'd been on holiday on account of I have a brown face with stupid pale sunglasses marks. But nope. That's England in April, baby.

You are like, 200km north of me. North.

why are you getting sun and I'm getting ... whatever you call this.
    I wore a ski jacket to work today.

• Options
    I need hairs advice!

It floofs up a lot.

Best to the side, floof is also amazing. What a nice colour!

• Options
    wrong_buttonwrong_button Registered User regular
    On a whim I threw a resume at a job that seemed interesting. Then, to my amazement, they called. Phone interviews went splendidly and we're talking about a face-to-face fairly soon (next couple weeks). That means suit time. I could always get one of mine tailored, but it might be time for a new one since they're mostly dark, fall/winter or over-formal. That's where you come in, fashion thread.

What do we like in a businessy late-spring-early-summer suit? Hmmmmmm?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    I need hairs advice!

It floofs up a lot.

Thanks!
    I've been meaning to get it cut, but I have no clue how to... have it cut so it looks ok. If that makes sense.
    I'm bad at hair.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

You are like, 200km north of me. North.

why are you getting sun and I'm getting ... whatever you call this.
    I wore a ski jacket to work today.

I dunno. Last week was sunny all week, it was really nice, and I just tried to be outdoors as much as possible.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    just bought this to be someone's birthday present

il_570xN.554047191_g42d.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Liiya wrote: »
    I need hairs advice!

It floofs up a lot.

Thanks!
    I've been meaning to get it cut, but I have no clue how to... have it cut so it looks ok. If that makes sense.
    I'm bad at hair.

I think unless you're after a particular style (where you take a picture in and say "this please") you just say "hello I just need a trim so I look less unkempt" but I don't think you look unkempt.

• Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Ugh. My slip keeps riding up under my skirt and it is annoying the piss out of me. Anyone know how to stop it from doing that?

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Tape? In extreme cases, staples!
    Some googling says some people put small weights in them to counteract the climbing

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2014
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Ugh. My slip keeps riding up under my skirt and it is annoying the piss out of me. Anyone know how to stop it from doing that?

ducttape.jpg

Alt joke: Slips gonna slip

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    crwth wrote: »

crwth did you never wear pukas or are you still wearing pukas

both of these scenarios require a rapid response and are equally heartbreaking, imo

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I need hairs advice!

It floofs up a lot.

I have pretty much your exact hair in strawberry blonde. I recomend shorter on the sides and top...leave just a little extra in the front. I take a small...and I mean small amount of gel, push it all forward with my fingers and mess up/ spike up the front a little.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    That sounds kinda 90s, no?

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options

both of these scenarios require a rapid response and are equally heartbreaking, imo

never, actually

i am not a fan of necklaces

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    in fashion news i am wearing loud socks today

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

never, actually

i am not a fan of necklaces

well if you find yourself enrolled in 6th-10th grade again at any point in the near future i recommend giving it a whirl

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    I need hairs advice!

It floofs up a lot.

I have pretty much your exact hair in strawberry blonde. I recomend shorter on the sides and top...leave just a little extra in the front. I take a small...and I mean small amount of gel, push it all forward with my fingers and mess up/ spike up the front a little.

I did this a few times after my last haircut. Got compliments etc from a few folk. Problem is that my hair grows out so damn fast it's not a doable thing for very long

This discussion has been closed.