As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

prime 2014 registration anticipation

• Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    captian54 wrote: »
    Gooooooooood Morning everyone!!!!!!! Is today the day? I have to take my Wife to the doctor today at around 8:30 PST and probably wont be back until around 10:30 - 11:00.

My condolences, if the general suspicion is right you might be stuck with one day passes. Hopefully they will not run out that quickly

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    tea_birdtea_bird Tequila Se'lai Registered User regular
    I think I've decided I'm leaving early enough Monday morning to not warrant a 4-day pass. Gonna aim for Fri-Sat-Sun separate badges, and save the 4-days for people who are planning on actually attending all 4 days.

Twitter: @tea_bird
  • Options
    JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    Good morning all!

I've finally caught up on the last 4 pages and I have to say that I'm disappointed with the whole CPA thing. How many times has M&J said that they have distanced themselves from PAX because it's become a thing of it's own and how awesome that is but then they turn around and do this? I get it, they wanted to do something nice for their supporters but this isn't the way to do it.

Mind you, this is my opinion and only that but that's how I feel. I also know that it has no weight on anything and is just an opinion but I am a bit irked.

• Options
    KoheiKohei Registered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    shortnow wrote: »
    <FactCheck>
    Comments on the ClubPA special purchase only got rolling after page 91-ish. So, it's 90 pages of normal pre-badge purchase anxiety and anticipation.
    </FactCheck>
    Hingo wrote: »
    I got my one 4-day badge from being a Club PA member. Why didn't I run to the forums and gloat/post an image for ZOMG transparency!!11!!/whatever? Because in the email, Khoo asked us not to. I love PA, that's why I gave them my $30. I wasn't expecting this, and it was a nice surprise. That being said, I am 1000000% fine with them never doing anything like this again because any community larger than just your own internal friend group is going to be childish and assholes about any perceived special treatment, whine about favoritism, or complain about fairness. We have 94 pages of posts here that confirm that.
    I was (poorly) referencing the "fairness" debate that crops up every few pages on how ticket sales should be done.

Bands do this all the time with fan club ticket sales. It doesn't impact availability and works out great for folks who are happy to shell out the cash to label themselves fans. It's fine in my book, but then I'm not after a four day pass. The cool thing is it gives us a better window into the on sale time...maybe. =)

• Options
    RyanJWRyanJW Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So - StreetPass strategies? How do you guys maximize your StreetPass abilities during PAX? I've kind of decided to ignore MiiForce (A: I suck at it, and B: the game takes too long) - but I do make a point to play all of the other games when I pick up some StreetPasses. I don't fill up that frequently, but anticipate that PAX will be crazy. I'd appreciate some recommendations on getting all the StreetPasses!

Currently Playing:
    PS4: Yakuza Kiwami
  • Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Wow, forum exploded overnight. For a moment I thought I missed passes going on sale...

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Well... funny you should say ticket sales.

• Options
    XadrixnaXadrixna Registered User regular
    Cant explain all the things
    PA is making me feel.
    My heart's in overdrive
    And khoo's behind the steering wheel.

Tix for youuuuuu.
    Tix for meeeeeee.
    Tix for youuuuu,
    God tix for you and me.

I believe in a thing called pax
    Just listen to the rhythm of my keys
    There's a chance he'll release them now,
    We'll be clicking till it says sold out.

I believe in a thing called pax.

I wanna f5 you
    Every hour
    Every minute
    Every day.
    I'm in a spin but tube said it's aokay

Tix for youuuuuu. ...

Is it sad that I was singing this as I read this? >.>

• Options
    madtygermadtyger Lover of Bricks Side 3Registered User regular
    tea_bird wrote: »
    I think I've decided I'm leaving early enough Monday morning to not warrant a 4-day pass. Gonna aim for Fri-Sat-Sun separate badges, and save the 4-days for people who are planning on actually attending all 4 days.

I decided the same thing. Save the 4-day passes for people who really need them.

• Options
    pogoplaypogoplay Writer/Blogger/Gamer Calgary, AlbertaRegistered User regular
    RyanJW wrote: »
    So - StreetPass strategies? How do you guys maximize your StreetPass abilities during PAX? I've kind of decided to ignore MiiForce (A: I suck at it, and B: the game takes too long) - but I do make a point to play all of the other games when I pick up some StreetPasses. I don't fill up that frequently, but anticipate that PAX will be crazy. I'd appreciate some recommendations on getting all the StreetPasses!

I've done streetpass events now at E3 and PAX. I do all the minigames I can with the 10 street passes. Why? Cause its a ton of fun to do especially when you are waiting in line. Really good way to kill time... But we gotta think of something.

SMASH BROS COMES OUT SUMMER... MEANING HIGH PROBABILITY BEFORE PAX PRIME. Screw streetpasses :P

Attended: PAX Prime 2010, PAX Prime 2011, PAX Prime 2012, PAX Prime 2014.
    Attending: PAX Prime 2016
    Twitter @Pogoplay
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    RyanJW wrote: »
    I don't like Mii Force, but I only play it at PAX. With 10 Miis, it's easy to complete all the levels. If you ever wanted all the tickets from it, PAX would be where to try. PAX will get you 10 Miis almost instantly every time. Usually while you are welcoming the previous 10. Also, completing all the plaza stuff takes an incredibly long time. All of Find Mii takes longer than PAX. My advice is streetpass when you don't have anything better to do. Because if it is your goal, you could miss something actually cool.
    The only real play advice I have is take the pink pieces first.

• Options
    havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular

I feel like this is where I'm leaning too. Last year I ended up leaving first thing Mon morning and I suspect I'd probably end up doing the same again this year. Even before the switch to 4 days last year, I felt PAX'd out by Sunday.

XyqJPIp.png
  • Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    Well... funny you should say ticket sales.

I knee-jerked so hard refreshing the front page when you said that, lol.

• Options
    domina_fortunadomina_fortuna Registered User regular
    I fear for my Happy Home Showcase when it's time for PAX...
    I've never used StreetPass so it will be very exciting to use my 3DS as something other than an Animal Crossing and Layton machine.

• Options
    pogoplay wrote: »
    SMASH BROS COMES OUT SUMMER... MEANING HIGH PROBABILITY BEFORE PAX PRIME. Screw streetpasses :P

But..... puzzles! and Flowers.

Good point though, I wasn't even thinking about multiplayer games, woo!

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    I don't really know anything about Streetpass. But supposedly Bravely Default has something involving it? Will it work at Pax?

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    Sharkey1337Sharkey1337 Registered User regular
    havok978 wrote: »

I feel like this is where I'm leaning too. Last year I ended up leaving first thing Mon morning and I suspect I'd probably end up doing the same again this year. Even before the switch to 4 days last year, I felt PAX'd out by Sunday.

Yeah I did the same last year as I was from out of state. If I can't get 4 day passes for my wife and myself then we're just gonna get Friday and Saturday passes even though we live several blocks away from the convention center this year.

• Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular
    Woo boy, I see it was an interesting evening in this thread. Howdy, all! We feeling good for today? I'm fully caffeinated and have my ringtones/alerts turned up to max volume, so I'm probably going to keel over from heart failure if the switch gets flipped. :smile:

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Options
    tea_birdtea_bird Tequila Se'lai Registered User regular
    havok978 wrote: »

Yup. Plus, I can then use the time to find a nice brunch place before the hours upon hours of airports and flights.

Twitter: @tea_bird
  • Options
    Rita RouletteRita Roulette Leaf on the Wind Alberta, CanadaRegistered User regular
    soozerella wrote: »
    Woo boy, I see it was an interesting evening in this thread. Howdy, all! We feeling good for today? I'm fully caffeinated and have my ringtones/alerts turned up to max volume, so I'm probably going to keel over from heart failure if the switch gets flipped. :smile:

But... but then you'll haunt the forums... trapped in limbo with unfinished PAX-business!

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I don't really know anything about Streetpass. But supposedly Bravely Default has something involving it? Will it work at Pax?
    Anything Streetpass (which includes Bravely Default) will work better at PAX than about anywhere short of TGS. Passes till the cows come home. And then on the street, and in your hotel room, etc...

• Options
    00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    I'm hoping that there weren't nearly as many tickets sold this way as I'd feared, but I am glad they limited it to one. And I also hope that hackers didn't take advantage and grab tons themselves.

Anyone who wasn't Club PA wouldn't have been able to get the tickets anyway. Unless they can hack themselves into the database of Club PA members. It specifically says in the email people have posted that they have to pick up the ticket at PAX and they have to show ID. If anyone non Club PA bought one, I'm sure they are going to be SOL because I'm sure they are checking on who bought them, just as they check if anyone suspiciously buys more then the max during regular sales and cancels all their tickets.

The "special item" that was the Club PA pax ticket was up on the website days before that E-mail went out. The item itself made no reference to it being only Club PA. Also, that E-mail was not made public by PA. Anyone who found the item for sale would have no way to know they could not buy it. So if they cancel those tickets it would be because they want to, not because someone didn't follow the rules, which I am sure they have every right to do (and I personally hope they do).
    Another point is that because that item went up early, those that found it could have made the assumption it was for Club PA & signed up so they could buy a ticket with in the rules.

Here is a screen shot of the item before it was taken down.

If someone, who wasn't emailed by PA, found the item in the store and bought it for 9K, then they are an idiot. Furthermore, since the codes were specific for each Club PA member, they can definitely cancel anything that isn't matched to a Club PA member.

Furthermore, if someone would have 'guessed' that a 9K item on the store that said nothing about tickets had to do with PAX tickets and joined Club Pa on the off chance that it was for PAX tickets(since they have not done anything like that for Club PA members before)....then hats off to them and I'm glad if they got the ticket. That is a lot of 'ifs' that you are assuming on.

Basically, it was meant to be a nice gesture to early supporters, that's all. People are reading way to much into it.

• Options
    jhangel77jhangel77 OlympiaRegistered User regular

BD has a Streetpass feature, and it will work at PAX and it's really good.

Extremely lucky PAX Prime Veteran

k9p7ard7bbdt.png

"The couple who plays together, stays together."
  • Options
    BermardAKABBermardAKAB Registered User regular
    Xadrixna wrote: »
    Cant explain all the things
    PA is making me feel.
    My heart's in overdrive
    And khoo's behind the steering wheel.

Tix for youuuuuu.
    Tix for meeeeeee.
    Tix for youuuuu,
    God tix for you and me.

I believe in a thing called pax
    Just listen to the rhythm of my keys
    There's a chance he'll release them now,
    We'll be clicking till it says sold out.

I believe in a thing called pax.

I wanna f5 you
    Every hour
    Every minute
    Every day.
    I'm in a spin but tube said it's aokay

Tix for youuuuuu. ...

Is it sad that I was singing this as I read this? >.>

No I was singing also!

This post is brought to you by the letter 9
  • Options
    XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Anything Streetpass (which includes Bravely Default) will work better at PAX than about anywhere short of TGS. Passes till the cows come home. And then on the street, and in your hotel room, etc...

yeah last year was great, but the new games slowed down passes a bit since I wanted to get everyone in.

• Options

Yup. Plus, I can then use the time to find a nice brunch place before the hours upon hours of airports and flights.

Portage Bay Cafe is one of the best brunches I've had in Seattle. Highly recommend that! Serious Biscuit was also fantastic.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    CennediCennedi A strange man A strange landRegistered User regular
    whats the weather like in Seattle when it PAX comes around every year?

Hopeful First Time Attendee of PAX Prime 2014.
    [ X ] Badge
    [ X ] Hotel
    [ X ] Plane
    Wish me luck!
  • Options
    SilvertwinnSilvertwinn Going on 40. "Get off my lawn!"Registered User regular
    Cennedi wrote: »

It varies. Best to just bring something for any weather and dress in layers. Also to check the forecasts when it gets closer.

• Options
    The Word of BirdThe Word of Bird Might be in a dreamland....Registered User regular
    Depends. It can be very very hot. But that is true for just being inside the queue every morning.

Gaming since 1986.
    Things I need to learn: To properly knit, speak Klingon, and speak/read Japanese so I can play Final Fantasy games in their original language.
    "S.o.o.n." : "'Severe Obligation to Observe' Neurosis". This Neurosis impels the subject to constantly observe an object, waiting for a change they are certain must come "Soon".
    Hotel [x] Pax Badgers Fri [x] Sat [ ] Sun [x] Mon [x] Just need 2 Saturdays, and then our sets will be complete! And then...waiting for Pax.....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5....
  • Options
    soozerellasoozerella Registered User regular

But... but then you'll haunt the forums... trapped in limbo with unfinished PAX-business!

Honestly, it would seem fitting, somehow, for my ghost to carry on as I've been living for so long: tormented by PAX badges...

PAX Prime attendee: '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, and soon to be '16
  • Options
    XarthanXarthan Registered User regular
    Any of this: Sunny, Rain, Hail, Snow (Highly unlikely snow)

• Options
    ScytheWolf44ScytheWolf44 Registered User regular
    Usually that time of year it's nice out, but it is Seattle and it's known for its rain so pack accordingly, just in case.

• Options
    emarecksaykayemarecksaykay Registered User regular
    Let's face it, absolutely everyone who is in Club PA who wanted to attend PAX would have gotten their tickets anyway, because those are the dedicated PA fans who have twitter notifications set up and are refreshing the page all over the place. This Club PA thing, if true, is just a nice thing PA did for their most dedicated fans, and has absolutely no effect on anyone else's ability to get a ticket. This doesn't even get them any stress relief since no doubt most of them are also desperately waiting to get good hotel rooms, or buy additional tickets for their groups. They still have to keep refreshing the page.

It's a shame some people decided to ruin a nice thing out of spite, hurting those dedicated PA fans that make all of this even possible. At least with PAX East, badges aren't quite so hard to come by, but if the alleged email is to be believed those PAX Easters aren't going to get this nice thank you present.

-mrxak, OMEGANAUT '09
    (You just say the letters)
  • Options
    jhangel77jhangel77 OlympiaRegistered User regular

Best to bring a light jacket for everywhere BUT going to convention center. I'm always in jeans and a tshirt and I'm fine because it can get hot in the center with all the bodies running around.

Extremely lucky PAX Prime Veteran

k9p7ard7bbdt.png

"The couple who plays together, stays together."
  • Options
    SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    I really hope it's today, but with that PAX Dev image telling them to book their hotel rooms by tomorrow makes me think the floodgates will be opened on Friday...

Where are you seeing this Sharkey?
    I looked on both the PAX Prime site and the Dev site...

Everything tells me it has to be today. Not unless they want to push it another week but this is latest I've ever seen it go.

Also how many people think the OnPeak website is going to crash again? ;-)

qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • Options

Honestly, it would seem fitting, somehow, for my ghost to carry on as I've been living for so long: tormented by PAX badges...
    We'd need to give you a ghost name though. Something that describes you very well, kinda like "Nearly-headless Nick"' Nicolas de Mimsy

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    JulieLJulieL Pacific NorthwestRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Late August is generally really nice! Sunny and warm, for us, any where between 75 and sometimes as high as 90 degrees. But, it has in the past been overcast and rainy and in the mid 60's but that's usually the exception. I've lived her my whole life (44 years) so in my experience late August weather is great.

JulieL on
  • Options
    dschneiderdschneider AustinRegistered User regular
    very very hot.
    Very subjective. I remember a couple years ago, all the locals were apologizing to me for it being so hot... it was like 80 and sunny. The state I come from was literally ON FIRE that summer.

• Options
    Xarthan wrote: »
    Any of this: Sunny, Rain, Hail, Snow (Highly unlikely snow)
    Yeah. Snow is usually at latest in April.....

Gaming since 1986.
  • Options
    Chuck Liddell FanChuck Liddell Fan Registered User regular
    I only had a day in 2012 & last year had a week but both times the weather was really nice. I think it rained on the thursday before pax but after that was sunny and warm every day

Oh my goodness
    Oh my Dayum
    Oh my goodness
    They goin' Ham
This discussion has been closed.