As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NHL] Thread; Oilers Win Draft Lottery

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Le_Goat wrote: »
    He may not have slew footed, but that is the third time these playoffs that he has flat out decked someone.

If you look into all the games every team has at least one guy who got in three punches without shit getting called. I even saw a goalie punch a dude in one game.

Magell on
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    He may not have slew footed, but that is the third time these playoffs that he has flat out decked someone.

If you look into all the games every team has at least one guy who got in three punches without shit getting called. I even saw a goalie punch a dude in one game.

Jonathan Quick punching Perry in the nuts?

Give the man an award.

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Yeah, punching Perry should be legal. And rewarded.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    They don't suspend a player for running 2 different goalies so why bother suspending for a slew foot?

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

Goalies notoriously get away with murder (e.g., Thomas' fits of rage). Maybe I'm bias, but I do not recall anyone hitting someone the way Subban does where in mid play he takes his hand off his stick, winds up, and just punches the guy in the upper chest or throat. Again, maybe I'm bias

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    http://youtu.be/ckcnbaqWqqI

Domi got 8 games. A lot really depends on how badly injured the guy is. Suspensions in the NHL are notoriously reactionary, and it's really how people get hurt. If Subban really has gotten away with that many face punches, he's going to start to think (if he doesn't already) that there won't be any disciplinary action, next time maybe the guy who gets punched has his head bounce off the ice real bad, and is carried off on a stretcher like Ulf.

• Options
    Satan is retiring. The Christian world rejoices, then quickly falls into a demoralizing depression once they realize we're talking about the hockey player and not their feared Dark Lord

• Options
    JayrichoJayricho Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It always saddened me that Satan never played for the Devils.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Even the lord of darkness doesn't want to play in Jersey.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Not only does Subban do that, he also has his patented "punch-check"

The dude simply does not know how to use his size and makes up for it with shitty tactics

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Podly wrote: »

The dude simply does not know how to use his size and makes up for it with shitty tactics

And as always Podly it returns to your fascination with big black dicks, I swear to god every time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i don't like this whole sometimes there isn't hockey thing

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »

And as always Podly it returns to your fascination with big black dicks, I swear to god every time.

and don't forget their shitty tactics

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    On the plus side, it did provide me with time to actually talk to my parents. My family knows I'm unavailable during the playoffs. I've trained them well. Now if only my son would put his toys away. Dad's not a fan of stepping on Hot Wheels barefoot when running for a bio break between commercials.

• Options
    FredZ89FredZ89 Huehuehueh Registered User regular
    On the plus side, it did provide me with time to actually talk to my parents. My family knows I'm unavailable during the playoffs. I've trained them well. Now if only my son would put his toys away. Dad's not a fan of stepping on Hot Wheels barefoot when running for a bio break between commercials.

I have a baby coming and I never thought of that until now. God I'll need my own room to watch sports. Already started to talk to my wife about a man-cave, I miiiiight* win this.

*No, I don't actually believe that.

Currently Playing: MH4U
    My Steam profile
    3DS: 1435-3951-4785
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    FredZ89 wrote: »

I have a baby coming and I never thought of that until now. God I'll need my own room to watch sports. Already started to talk to my wife about a man-cave, I miiiiight* win this.

Can't hurt to ask. Actually, it can, depending on the mood when you ask. I can't tell you how many times I've had to turn off the Bruins game because he wants to watch Doc McStuffins or Aquanauts. "Lil_Goat, it's a freaking power play! Are you kidding me?" and the reply of "Meh!!!!" as he points at his Doc McStuffins movie. All I can say is "You're lucky it's not the playoffs right now."

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    my sons have finally "let" me watch the start of the games on TV... for the first 2 rounds I had to stream them from NBC, which sucked since they blacked out the local game...

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    FredZ89 wrote: »

Can't hurt to ask. Actually, it can, depending on the mood when you ask. I can't tell you how many times I've had to turn off the Bruins game because he wants to watch Doc McStuffins or Aquanauts. "Lil_Goat, it's a freaking power play! Are you kidding me?" and the reply of "Meh!!!!" as he points at his Doc McStuffins movie. All I can say is "You're lucky it's not the playoffs right now."

My buddy's a die-hard Caps fan and he has his daughter totally trained in this regard. When she was two, she'd sit down on the couch first thing in the morning and say "goal", basically insisting that she had to watch hockey right that second. Now she's a little over four and she can articulate multiple reasons why she hates the Rangers (he can't quite get her to hate the penguins, because she has trouble separating hating hockey penguins from her love of actual penguins).

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    teaching his children to hate the rangers

for shame

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular

for shame

I know, why limit it to the Rangers, you should teach your children to hate all new yorkers and new york sports fans

• Options
    I just read one of the dumbest articles I've ever seen from The Hockey News. Basically it's just the writer's opinion that fans shouldn't wear the jersey of a player that's younger than them. He says it suggest idolatry, rather than support for the team. What the hell?

• Options
    fans should only wear the jersey of the one true god

sean avery

• Options

sean avery

The Lord of Light

• Options
    BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular

sean avery

The Lord of Light

For the night is dark and full of sloppy seconds and goaltender interference.

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular

for shame

Well, come on, no one cares about the Islanders. Got to hate someone!

:so_raven:
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Man some soft calls all of a sudden

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    so ah... what happened to the cubshawks tonight?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    so ah... what happened to the cubshawks tonight?

justice

• Options
    KPCKPC Registered User regular
    Karma for Bollig

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    These refs had better do their jobs or it's gonna get ugly.

• Options
    Thank god its Doc tonight, his soothing tones were missing from the kings game.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    oh god damn it

• Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Dan Carcillo is not a smart man.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Prust to have phone hearing.

Stepan had surgery on jaw. Out indefinitely.

Le_Goat on
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    was just about to comment re:Stepan's jaw. wheel said 1 game

Maguano on
    steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    MyiagrosMyiagros Registered User regular
    What about Carcillo elbowing a linesman? SportsCentre was saying 10-20 games.

iRevert wrote: »
    Because if you're going to attempt to squeeze that big black monster into your slot you will need to be able to take at least 12 inches or else you're going to have a bad time...
    Steam: MyiagrosX27
  • Options
    Carcillo officially just received 10 games. Dumb move on his part

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm a little surprised they didn't make it 11, which would guarantee he doesn't play another playoff game this year.

Jayricho on
  • Options
    Prust suspended 2 games.