As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Awesome Video Game Intro [chat]

• JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Seriously though, Falcons fans are the wurst. The cognative Dissonance that they display every-single-season on how "This is gonna be the year! This is gonna be the year we clench the superbowl! LETS BUILD A NEW STADIUM! RISE UP!"

It's unreal.

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I counted her pills this morning for her.

She had TOO MANY. Gasp.

BEING RESPONSIBLE.

mainly b/c i can count to potato.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    snip
    The Asian Republican Coalition is trying to "win back" Asian Americans (unclear if they ever really had us). Though its staff is virtually all Caucasian, that's not a barrier to Vice Chair Thomas Britt. "We have a very broad definition of what constitutes the Asian American community. The Asian Republican Coalition is open to all Americans, including Asian Americans and those of us like me who are not ethnically Asian but have spent twenty years living in Hong Kong.”

guys

wat?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the best asians are white people

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Um, Philly fans are the worst. Yes the rest might be insufferable boors. But when you ask Philly fans today about booing and throwing shit at Santa, their response is that he had it coming.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    I counted her pills this morning for her.

She had TOO MANY. Gasp.

BEING RESPONSIBLE.

mainly b/c i can count to potato.

nice humblebrag there, brainiac.

and i can only count to broccoli... :(

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    10387142_10104662312674900_2125535281938433128_o.jpg
    The Asian Republican Coalition is trying to "win back" Asian Americans (unclear if they ever really had us). Though its staff is virtually all Caucasian, that's not a barrier to Vice Chair Thomas Britt. "We have a very broad definition of what constitutes the Asian American community. The Asian Republican Coalition is open to all Americans, including Asian Americans and those of us like me who are not ethnically Asian but have spent twenty years living in Hong Kong.”

guys

oh god how is this not an Onion article?

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Organichu once confided in me that he gets angry when he sees an asian woman with an asian man because those are "for white men, and black guys that are into karate movies"

edited June 2014
    snip

guys

can you imagine if you swapped out asian with african american? and asia with africa? lol

omg lol

ChelleYeah on

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    So apparently FIFA totally got bribed by Qutar for the next World Cup.

And now they're working people to death to build the stadiums so people can play soccer in 120 degree weather

i don't see how this could possibly go wrong

Blatter has said hmmm maybe that was a mistake in hindsight. If only someone had gone to Qatar with a thermometer at the time and noticed that playing football in 50 degree heat would be problematic. If only.

Also the whole slave state thing.

It wouldn't be the first time it was held somewhere dodgy. Argentina was still a dictatorship in '78 when they won after a highly suspicious 6-0 trouncing of Peru that let them advance in place of Brazil.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Organichu once confided in me that he gets angry when he sees an asian woman with an asian man because those are "for white men, and black guys that are into karate movies"

i get mad when i see anyone with an asian man

Chanus wrote: »
    the best asians are white people

Siggd

Also @eddy

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

guys

If women's reproductive rights can be decided by a bunch of old men, then the Asians can be represented by anybody who's had sushi or done an offensive impersonation of a Chinese person.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

i get mad when i see anyone with an asian man

chu pines for @Eddy‌'s love

that is the most privileged looking group of women. i mean i really want to hate them and i dont know why.

maybe i do have some female qualities afterall?

kitty has claws.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    the best asians are jews, obviously

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

this contradicts that time he told me he thought race mixing was an abomination akin to spitting in the face of God

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    snip

guys

wat?

Well, Depending on the size of the group. I wouldn't expect everyone in the entire office to be Asian. And yes, a white guy who has lived in China for 20 years knows A LOT more about chinese foreign relations than my ethnically Chinese roommate who grew up in the suburbs of Fort Lauderdale.

But, I think if you are trying to say you represent the interests of Asian Americans, having quite a few Asian Americans on staff would probably be a good idea.

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    those white asian avatars are pretty

• Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    shut up rugged no one is interested in a rational explanation

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2014
    That picture is like this picture of a Saudi Women In Society conference.

BZ69M8MCAAAFk4u.jpg

Bogart on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Those ladies' dresses are more diverse than their entire department

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
    cptrugged wrote: »
    snip

guys

wat?

Well, Depending on the size of the group. I wouldn't expect everyone in the entire office to be Asian. And yes, a white guy who has lived in China for 20 years knows A LOT more about chinese foreign relations than my ethnically Chinese roommate who grew up in the suburbs of Fort Lauderdale.

But, I think if you are trying to say you represent the interests of Asian Americans, having quite a few Asian Americans on staff would probably be a good idea.
    but it says they are virtually all caucasian! that's weird!

snip
    The African-American Republican Coalition is trying to "win back" African Americans (unclear if they ever really had us). Though its staff is virtually all Caucasian, that's not a barrier to Vice Chair Thomas Britt. "We have a very broad definition of what constitutes the African American community. The African American Republican Coalition is open to all Americans, including African Americans and those of us like me who are not ethnically African American but have spent twenty years living in a suburb of Detroit.”

guys

can you imagine if you swapped out asian with african american? and asia with africa? lol

omg lol

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

guys

How dare there be 4 white girls in the same photo at a party for the Asian Republican Coalition?!
    I am outraged
    #tumblr

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    that is the most privileged looking group of women. i mean i really want to hate them and i dont know why.

kitty has claws.

Its not just you

That damn neck scarf screams middle class and douchy

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    To be fair, I wouldn't assume any knowledge at all from someone who grew up around Fort Lauderdale.

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

guys

How dare there be 4 white girls in the same photo at a party for the Asian Republican Coalition?!
    I am outraged
    #tumblr

Dude, that's not their party. That's their staff.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

And now they're working people to death to build the stadiums so people can play soccer in 120 degree weather

FIFA is just accusing everybody critical of it of being racist.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27762435

But according to sepp blatter there is no racism in football! It just doesn't exist

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    btw guys.
    best soccer is foosball
    fifa aint got shit on it

Bless your heart.
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod

kitty has claws.

the one on the left could potentially be ethnic

the rest of them... maybe a little russian blood or something?

Wqdwp8l.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

Blatter has said hmmm maybe that was a mistake in hindsight. If only someone had gone to Qatar with a thermometer at the time and noticed that playing football in 50 degree heat would be problematic. If only.

Also the whole slave state thing.

It wouldn't be the first time it was held somewhere dodgy. Argentina was still a dictatorship in '78 when they won after a highly suspicious 6-0 trouncing of Peru that let them advance in place of Brazil.

That's at the point I can legit see teams refusing to play. Someone would die on the field for sure.

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i thot i was going to get someone to bite and say jews aren't asians but y'all 2 smart 4 me

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
    Delmain wrote: »
    To be fair, I wouldn't assume any knowledge at all from someone who grew up around Fort Lauderdale.

they might be really good at pinochle

Casual wrote: »

kitty has claws.

Its not just you

perfect white teeth and hair.

.......i wish i had perfect white teeth. i was cursed with crooked yellow cavity prone teeth. :(

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    omfg my coworker is seriously spinning around in his chair really fast and its driving me insane

loosen the bolts on his arm rests when he's not looking. People tend to really lean into their arm rests when doing this. The next time he does it he will rip his rests off and possibly fall on his face.

If you roll a nat 20 he will land on his head and die

damn it, this was going to be my advice, except main bolts.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Huh.

Anyone interested in snagging this $10 deal thing and maybe playing on of the games?

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/130835/DTRPG-10th-Anniversary-RPG-2-BUNDLE?src=salepage

Eclipse Phase, Fae Noir, and Midgard all look pretty fun.

Casual wrote: »

kitty has claws.

Its not just you

perfect white teeth and hair.

.......i wish i had perfect white teeth. i was cursed with crooked yellow cavity prone teeth. :(

I grew up with well-water, so my teeth are pretty white but i've racked up some cavities from the lack of flouride.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    cavities and gaps in your teeth aren't so bad

look at it this way

you can always save a snack for later

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Deebaser wrote: »

guys

I am outraged
    #tumblr

It's the staff, dude.

Not people at the party.

The staff is apparently damn-near 100% not representative of the group they represent.

It does fall into the same weird area of a bunch of old men determining birth control / abortion rights, or a bunch of white southerners speaking for the african americans of their area.

It's not something critical or anything or worthy of more than an onion-esque chuckle, it is just a comically poignant reminder that the Republicans have no fucking idea what they are doing when it comes to bringing new blood to the table. Like, at all.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
This discussion has been closed.