As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ESPN Magazine: The [chat] issue

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Let us not forget the atrocities rad has committed!
    N9zfMo8.png

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    there is little that bothers me more than levels that are presumably real world places but are not even trying to feel like a real space

that's part of why i was impressed by half life 1 when i first played it - in many areas, it felt like a real place, though you were shut off from many paths for the sake of linearity

you could go in bathrooms and offices that were there just to make it seem like a real facility

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2014
    cB557 wrote: »
    oh my fucking god bradford
    I need to build satellites
    let me out of here

COMMANDER TO THE BARRACKS
    COMMANDER TO MISSION CONTROL
    COMMANDER TO ENGINEERING
    COMMANDER TO THE LABS
    COMMANDER TO THE SITUATION ROOM
    COMMANDER BACK TO MISSION CONTROL
    NOW GO TO THE HANGAR

HAHA I GOT YOU I DIDN'T SAY "COMMANDER TO"

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Better Equipable Erect Penis

or BEEP for short

keep this in mind when I BEEP your nose.

*BEEP*

Who are you talking to?

Feral are to touching your penis to your nose again?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Rad/Skitters 2014. Down with the gummint.

ABOLISH THE QUID SYSTEM

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    black goldfish sits on bottom of tank and acts dead. change water to make sure it's good so he doesnt get sick and he still sits there on the bottom for hours like he's dead.

turn the bubbler on and suddenly it's party time.

the hell?

too bad bubbler isn't working well ad needs a replacement. the bubbles stop after a while. have tried replacing the hoses and everything. of course it's going to be the pricey part.

these fish have cost me a fortune.
    Welcome to owning fish.

My brother was considering getting some, but now he has a kid.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Jake

I definitely agree that it wasn't at all a conscious thing in regards to infinite

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    there is little that bothers me more than levels that are presumably real world places but are not even trying to feel like a real space

that's part of why i was impressed by half life 1 when i first played it - in many areas, it felt like a real place, though you were shut off from many paths for the sake of linearity

you could go in bathrooms and offices that were there just to make it seem like a real facility

yeah I am willing to cut a lot of slack for the realities of limited time/budgets/memory etc if what's there at least tries to feel like a nominally real space

particularly if there are some clever- or authentic-feeling details that really strike home

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls modders are the worst, they make anatomically correct penises but don't mod eight nipples into khajiit.

I'm afraid to look at the shit they've done to the cat people

I haven't really done any mods, I just got Skyrim for PC anyway. Earlier iterations though the only things you'd consider sex mods that I came across were genitals that were on every race. I didn't really look for anything specific, but I doubt there are too many, honestly. Most of the khajiit specific modifications were just for fur patterns that are more in line with normal cats.

i played like one day and decided things were kinda of dull

then spent 4 days getting my visual mods to look right and adding shit to make the game an actual challenge

I played through most of Skyrim on PS3, now that I have it on (my new) PC I'm gonna go on a modding binge. Make alchemy radder, magic stuff, EVERYONE IS NAKED, visual mods weather mods combat mods etc.

I enjoy a more realistic immersive game.

Yes I too enjoy realist

wait

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Arch wrote: »
    Elder Scrolls modders are the worst, they make anatomically correct penises but don't mod eight nipples into khajiit.

I'm afraid to look at the shit they've done to the cat people

I haven't really done any mods, I just got Skyrim for PC anyway. Earlier iterations though the only things you'd consider sex mods that I came across were genitals that were on every race. I didn't really look for anything specific, but I doubt there are too many, honestly. Most of the khajiit specific modifications were just for fur patterns that are more in line with normal cats.

i played like one day and decided things were kinda of dull

then spent 4 days getting my visual mods to look right and adding shit to make the game an actual challenge

I played through most of Skyrim on PS3, now that I have it on (my new) PC I'm gonna go on a modding binge. Make alchemy radder, magic stuff, EVERYONE IS NAKED, visual mods weather mods combat mods etc.

I enjoy a more realistic immersive game.

Yes I too enjoy realist

wait

I like my dragon decapitations to be realistic damn it

• Options
    radroadkillradroadkill MDRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Let us not forget the atrocities rad has committed!
    N9zfMo8.png

More like the adorableness.
    1918501_546307094542_655620_n.jpg?oh=7f575339fb0bbb82b870b19178dfacb0&oe=5435E106&__gda__=1414231609_c4f85097cd1864a51f1599074dcd2957

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    8 downloaded, 14 to go. Internet is slowing down today.

steeeeeeeeeamwindows.PNG

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Rad your poor cat.

Also your location makes it look like you are a doctor, and I approve of this.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    that was also why i loved half life 2's stretch of highway driving

one of my favourite levels in a video game actually

it felt like a real highway, and the little abandoned buildings felt like lived-in places and were rich with both promise and threat

the sound as you pull up and stop and get out and ready one of the weapons from your arsenal

a lot of people didn't like that level but it was the best, to me, and i would love a game that is all about that kind of lonely travel by vehicle through a post-apocalyptic - or even better, just post-decline - landscape and scrounge and fight desperately in short bursts

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    It is some bullshit that the times when I most need my friends are the times when contacting them is the last thing I want to do. I need to go out. I need to not wear guy clothes and be called by my birth name for one day.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm not saying putting your pets in costumes is abuse, I'm just saying that that you'd probably get along with Auschwitz guards

• Options
    Rad, I am jealous of your friends.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »
    It is some bullshit that the times when I most need my friends are the times when contacting them is the last thing I want to do. I need to go out. I need to not wear guy clothes and be called by my birth name for one day.

: (

That sucks : (

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

This is one of the things that bothered me about City of Heroes. The people there had clearly never worked in an office building. Ever.

• Options

: (

That sucks : (

Family friends are leaving tomorrow.

So that's one good thing.

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    much hugs cindy :(

• Options
    I have a doctorate in classiness. And cat outfits.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular

Aww, that is no good. Im sorry!

• Options
    DO NOT AWESOME ATROCITIES.

THAT'S

RULE NUMBER ONE ABOUT ATROCITIES

• Options
    that was also why i loved half life 2's stretch of highway driving

one of my favourite levels in a video game actually

it felt like a real highway, and the little abandoned buildings felt like lived-in places and were rich with both promise and threat

the sound as you pull up and stop and get out and ready one of the weapons from your arsenal

a lot of people didn't like that level but it was the best, to me, and i would love a game that is all about that kind of lonely travel by vehicle through a post-apocalyptic - or even better, just post-decline - landscape and scrounge and fight desperately in short bursts

vehicle travel is something I love in games and never get enough of, and I live in hope that more RAM/faster CPUs/etc will remedy this

so many games go to such lengths to feel realistic and then cut themselves off at the knees by finding every excuse they can to keep you on foot in a limited space, preferably a corridor

• Options
    in other news i am still awake

and its dumb and i shouldnt be

bad casual

• Options
    Casual wrote: »

bad casual

It could be worse

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Actually I guess rule number one about atrocities is don't commit them.

But awesomeing's up there.

Quid on
  • Options

THAT'S

One person's atrocity is another's paradise.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular

THAT'S

but I like Arch

also it's not nice to call him that

he's just misunderstood

• Options

bad casual

Hugs

I hope you can get to sleep soon.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

THAT'S

Pol Pot got his start on social media

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Actually I guess rule number one about atrocities is don't commit them.

But awesomeing's up there.

look all I'm saying is learn a few military commands in german and catch rad off guard one day and shout them. If she jumps to attention, YOU KNOW.

• Options
  • Options
    Neco wrote: »

THAT'S

One person's atrocity is another's paradise.

true dat.
    316176_673166282712_940930890_n.jpg

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

This is one of the things that bothered me about City of Heroes. The people there had clearly never worked in an office building. Ever.

COH's offices were downright non-Euclidean

• Options

bad casual

Insomnia is the worst. :(

• Options
    BAD CAUSAL

VERY BAD

tumblr_m60os7wfio1rvue25o1_5001.jpg?w=604&h=399

• Options
    AntinumericAntinumeric Registered User regular

Did you try the new wolfenstein? Its levels felt pretty good at being realistic spaces. Especially the prison and camp. It fell off a bit at the sub tho.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my intelligence.
  • Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »

COH's offices were downright non-Euclidean

Someone should make a Lovecraftian FPS that takes place in R'lyeh and has non euclidean areas.

This discussion has been closed.