Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

ROCK BAND - mods close this please

1505153555665

Posts

  • hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Now, I've heard you're pretty busy...should you even be here?!?! :D


    compiling.png

    Thanks, xkcd

    burning.jpg
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Ahh, yes. Of course...carry on then.

    (is it bad I had to look up xkcd? funny stuff...)

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ahh, yes. Of course...carry on then.

    (is it bad I had to look up xkcd? funny stuff...)

    it would be bad if you looked it up, then never went back

  • SmudgeSmudge Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    We NEVER sit there with our mouths shut and just play the game. That would be lame.
    Have you ever played guitar hero? In the middle of the song I find almost anyone who isn't terrible/drunk isn't exactly the most talkative person while they're playing.

    It's downright distracting actually.

    Yeah, I play GH all the time, if alone I don't say anything. If with a friend I am making all sorts of exclamations. We are not talking about verlet integration, but we are CERTAINLY saying stuff like 'oh shit' when a fast solo comes up, or "OW OW OW, damn you song, END!!!" about 3/4 of the way through Misiloi (however you spell that damn thing)


    As far as the lag, thank you so much for speaking to me like George Bush addresses the nation. Which is the same way a teacher addresses a preschool class. Of course there is lag. But what is deadly lag to you, would be FINE to somebody else. I would rather hear the voice a half second off beat than not hear it at all. That is the point I was making. People have different tolerances. Heck, they have different tolerances in different situations.

    Do you think a father separated from his boy for a month would rather NOT hear his child belt out 'sabotage' than hear it a half second delayed? Do you think his reaction would be "GOD DAMN YOU HARMONIX!!! HE IS WAAAY BEHIND THE BEAT!!!". Or do you think he would be overjoyed to be sharing an experience with his son?

    Not everyone playing online will be father son, but they are not all strangers either. How many are college kids playing with their friends who got separated when highschool ended? I don't think they are going to be counting milliseconds of lag during a drunken long distance metallica jam.

    This is music, and there is a LOT of emotion in music, especially singing. Sure one audiophile might refuse to listen to an MP3 because it sounds degraded vs the CD quality, but many of us can still enjoy a good house band when we are out in the parking lot listening to their muffled tones.

    Don't force your standards on everyone else. I can't think of any reason it isn't at least an OPTION to listen to the singers voice. Default it to off if it does not fit your standards. Your out of the box product can be just what you want. And some of us can still turn on that delayed voice to hear our buddies and loved ones sing along.

  • hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    Don't force your standards on everyone else.

    Funny, I don't remember shoving a copy of the game in your hands and stealing your wallet.

    burning.jpg
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Man...you are heaping MOUNDS of social and familial responsibilities on Harmonix with this game. Holy crap. If I were them I'd be quite intimidated by this.

    But for me, personally, when one of their lead programmers comes in here and refers to that lag as 'deadly', I tend to believe he's referring to more how it works as a GAME rather than his own personal preference for listening to music.

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • LegacyLegacy SCP Of The Digital Frontier The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    That's a lie.

    You guys have been stealing our wallets for years now.

    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited September 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    Ahh, yes. Of course...carry on then.

    (is it bad I had to look up xkcd? funny stuff...)

    it would be bad if you looked it up, then never went back

    which I assure you will not be the case...

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • SmudgeSmudge Registered User
    edited September 2007
    hmxmoss wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »
    Don't force your standards on everyone else.

    Funny, I don't remember shoving a copy of the game in your hands and stealing your wallet.

    Great customer support. SOE used to love that line. Gamers love them I hear.

    Just trying to nail home a perfectly valid opinion. There are countless reasons people might want to have the OPTION of hear 'sub perfect' voice. You tube is doing pretty well even though their video quality is hideous. But it is better than an alternative of nothing.

  • StratoStrato Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I don't know, man. If the voice and the music aren't in sync, it's going to sound like crap no matter what. If you just want to hear your kid's voice or something, get him a webcam.

  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I won't lie: I'm actually disappointed that I won't be able to hear vocals online with friends, if only because I'm actually a fairly good singer IRL. :) But really at the core I want doable online play, and if that means chat relegated to lobbies and pre/post song breakdowns, I'll be okay.

    On my lunch breaks I often wander around town, and at stores whenever I see GH kiosks I always play. A lot of them are calibrated poorly, so even if the song is off by fractions of a second it really renders the entire thing unplayable -- you fail the notes and you only get through a quarter of the song. Often I've even seen lag upwards of 1-2 seconds, and from there it's just impossible.
    Smudge wrote:
    Not everyone playing online will be father son, but they are not all strangers either. How many are college kids playing with their friends who got separated when highschool ended? I don't think they are going to be counting milliseconds of lag during a drunken long distance metallica jam.
    They're not, but they're also going to unconsciously play to the singer, which means phasing between various parts and really just confusing everyone. Especially if the lag isn't constant, and the singer's voice flips between "on beat" and "a half-step behind" and "four seconds behind." They wouldn't be counting aloud, but they'd feel it. These are the kinds of problems real bands have every day of their lives, though it's usually more from the drummer playing too fast. :)

    It'd be nice if it were an option, but if it's an option a vast minority are going to use because it drags everyone's game down, I'd rather not see the resources dumped into an unsolvable problem.

    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Don't fuck with a witch Time to go VROOM!Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Rock Band: Healing father-son relationships, rekindling old friendships, and maybe even making new ones in the process.

    XbJml1e.jpg?1
    I feel like a fucking celebrity in this town! | PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
  • One Thousand DicksOne Thousand Dicks :D! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    I won't lie: I'm actually disappointed that I won't be able to hear vocals online with friends, if only because I'm actually a fairly good singer IRL. :) But really at the core I want doable online play, and if that means chat relegated to lobbies and pre/post song breakdowns, I'll be okay.

    Honestly, I'm fairly glad at hearing this news, since I can screech into the mic like a dying beluga whale and not feel bad about subjecting others to it (except people near me, but honestly fuck them).

  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Smudge, before you go all crazy (or is it too late?) I'll bet dollars to donuts you can use the XBOX Live chat rooms to transmit voice using a headset if you want... as a separate (yet simultaneous) function/solution.

    Simply have the singer wear the headset, and use the RB mic at the same time.

    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • anableanable Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Lets do this in a manner that Smudge might be able to understand:

    Pros for hearing internet person sing (even just as an option):
    Allows for more personal playing with friends/family/etc
    Allows you to show off your singing ability (assuming a good score is not enough)
    Ah....other good stuff I'm sure

    Cons for hearing internet person sing (even just as an option):
    Creates unavoidable lag considerably higher than all of the other instruments
    Will sound like crap no matter what because to sound good it will be even more off sync
    Increases bandwidth costs for Harmonix/EA
    Creates negative press when voice is off sync, even as an option (do it well or not at all)
    Creates customer complaints when people scream profanities in the middle of a song

    In conclusion, even as an option, it's a bad idea.

  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Lunker wrote: »
    I won't lie: I'm actually disappointed that I won't be able to hear vocals online with friends, if only because I'm actually a fairly good singer IRL. :) But really at the core I want doable online play, and if that means chat relegated to lobbies and pre/post song breakdowns, I'll be okay.

    Honestly, I'm fairly glad at hearing this news, since I can screech into the mic like a dying beluga whale and not feel bad about subjecting others to it (except people near me, but honestly fuck them).
    Same here. Now that I know people won't have to hear my crappy singing voice I'll gladly be a singer, something I was never gonna do before.

  • hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    hmxmoss wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »
    Don't force your standards on everyone else.

    Funny, I don't remember shoving a copy of the game in your hands and stealing your wallet.

    Great customer support. SOE used to love that line. Gamers love them I hear.

    Just trying to nail home a perfectly valid opinion. There are countless reasons people might want to have the OPTION of hear 'sub perfect' voice. You tube is doing pretty well even though their video quality is hideous. But it is better than an alternative of nothing.

    I am not customer support. I tried to explain why there is an issue, and you jumped down my throat about speaking like a schoolteacher, breaking up father-son relationships and forcing standards on you.

    If we implemented every "perfectly valid opinion", the game would never ship, or would be a steaming pile of crap when it did. There are a million and one decisions and compromises that have to be made when making any game; we tested hundreds of variations and prototypes and, in the end, we used what works and have a kick-ass game. Yes, unfortunately, voice over the net fell victim.

    Youtube is a bad comparison; youtube has bandwidth issues, not lag issues.

    burning.jpg
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »
    We NEVER sit there with our mouths shut and just play the game. That would be lame.
    Have you ever played guitar hero? In the middle of the song I find almost anyone who isn't terrible/drunk isn't exactly the most talkative person while they're playing.

    It's downright distracting actually.

    Yeah, I play GH all the time, if alone I don't say anything. If with a friend I am making all sorts of exclamations. We are not talking about verlet integration, but we are CERTAINLY saying stuff like 'oh shit' when a fast solo comes up, or "OW OW OW, damn you song, END!!!" about 3/4 of the way through Misiloi (however you spell that damn thing)


    As far as the lag, thank you so much for speaking to me like George Bush addresses the nation. Which is the same way a teacher addresses a preschool class. Of course there is lag. But what is deadly lag to you, would be FINE to somebody else. I would rather hear the voice a half second off beat than not hear it at all. That is the point I was making. People have different tolerances. Heck, they have different tolerances in different situations.

    Do you think a father separated from his boy for a month would rather NOT hear his child belt out 'sabotage' than hear it a half second delayed? Do you think his reaction would be "GOD DAMN YOU HARMONIX!!! HE IS WAAAY BEHIND THE BEAT!!!". Or do you think he would be overjoyed to be sharing an experience with his son?

    Not everyone playing online will be father son, but they are not all strangers either. How many are college kids playing with their friends who got separated when highschool ended? I don't think they are going to be counting milliseconds of lag during a drunken long distance metallica jam.

    This is music, and there is a LOT of emotion in music, especially singing. Sure one audiophile might refuse to listen to an MP3 because it sounds degraded vs the CD quality, but many of us can still enjoy a good house band when we are out in the parking lot listening to their muffled tones.

    Don't force your standards on everyone else. I can't think of any reason it isn't at least an OPTION to listen to the singers voice. Default it to off if it does not fit your standards. Your out of the box product can be just what you want. And some of us can still turn on that delayed voice to hear our buddies and loved ones sing along.

    Oh man, you are so right. I'm here in Dallas, and my friends are all back in El Paso, and I can't tell you how many times I sit alone in my room, going "Man, if only I could hear them sing Sabotage one more time." Then I break down crying.

    Do you realize how silly you sound? I mean, it's fine if you're annoyed they can't include singing through online, but to then start throwing around all this things about friends and family..that's just stupid. There's other means of communications, and I can't imagine any person desperately needing to hear someone else sing.

    At the end of the day, Harmonix has to make a decision, put singing in, even if they know it's at a shoddy quality and might affect the entire playing experience, or nix that part. They went with what they felt was best, and until you havfe the finished product in your hand, then no one can really judge them for that can they?

    Spoiler:
  • SmudgeSmudge Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Some good points Lunker, the first ones I have seen that actually make any sense. They don't speak against it as an option, but still some good points.

    FaceballMcDougal: Yes, I really AM frothing at the mouth here. I just bit my coworker and now he also has rabies:roll:
    The chat rooms are an good point. I have not used them myself. Might be a workaround.
    anable wrote: »
    Lets do this in a manner that Smudge might be able to understand:

    Pros for hearing internet person sing (even just as an option):
    Allows for more personal playing with friends/family/etc
    Allows you to show off your singing ability (assuming a good score is not enough)
    Ah....other good stuff I'm sure

    Cons for hearing internet person sing (even just as an option):
    Creates unavoidable lag considerably higher than all of the other instruments
    Will sound like crap no matter what because to sound good it will be even more off sync
    Increases bandwidth costs for Harmonix/EA
    Creates negative press when voice is off sync, even as an option (do it well or not at all)
    Creates customer complaints when people scream profanities in the middle of a song

    In conclusion, even as an option, it's a bad idea.

    Ah, now I feel more at home. Pure opinion presented as fact. I am good at that.

    How about mine:
    Pros of having it as an option:
    - use it if you want, don't if you don't

    Cons:
    - checkbox for this option would not fit on the option screen
    - providing a feature (chat during the game) that every other live game does is HARD.


    And did you just put a bullet point crying for EA making less profit? Because of voice bandwidth? That's rich.

  • EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    So, someone last page or so posted some release date of November 20 with little to no notice. Is that true, and can I get a link to a reliable source on that?

    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman MD; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »

    How about mine:
    Pros of having it as an option:
    - use it if you want, don't if you don't
    So, you want them to include an option that makes the game unplayable just so you can hear someones voice?

    Why not just skip the unplayable game and use XBL voice chat?

  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    And did you just put a bullet point crying for EA making less profit? Because of voice bandwidth? That's rich.
    I don't think he's 'crying' for EA. I think he's pointing out why EA, the people who have to pay for the game, and who get to decide whether or not a feature makes it in, might choose not to include that feature.

    nipplessig.jpg
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    Some good points Lunker, the first ones I have seen that actually make any sense. They don't speak against it as an option, but still some good points.

    Ultimately I agree that it would be cool if it were an option. However, given HMX has been doing online rhythm gaming since Frequency (or was Amplitude first? I get them jumbled), I'm assuming they've tested RB backwards and forwards, and I'm sure they would have allowed it to be an option if games were at least playable in that state.

    But look at it from the other side: If the extra data from real-time voice is going to be enough to choke bandwidth and lag, I'd wager it's also going to affect the timing of everyone else's notes. So not only is it "I'm hearing the singer's sound late so I'm playing a bit off," it's also "the game is registering my guitar notes late because it's trying to handle the singer." Which just screws everything up, making it immensely frustrating for each player involved. The enjoyment of hearing your friend singing would be canceled out by failing most every song you try to play.

    Though that Live chat workaround is a brilliant idea. :)
    So, someone last page or so posted some release date of November 20 with little to no notice. Is that true, and can I get a link to a reliable source on that?

    I think that's the GameStop placeholder date. They're often right but they also get changed enough for me not to really put stock in them.

    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh crap I just realized: Are we going to be forced to go through EA's shitty servers to play this online? D:

    PSN / XBL: PatParadize
  • the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Oh crap I just realized: Are we going to be forced to go through EA's shitty servers to play this online? D:

    I thought I read somewhere that HMX was hosting the servers...anyone remember seeing that somewhere?


    About the other stuff, it really does all boil down to, Harmonix is not going to release a game with a sub-standard feature. If it doesn't kick ass, they don't do it. Getting it to kinda/sorta work but still can have issues is not an option.

    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I doubt there will be *any* servers for Rock Band... why would it need them?

    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I doubt there will be *any* servers for Rock Band... why would it need them?

    Burnout: Revenge on 360 goes through EA's servers, yet it wouldn't need to.

    PSN / XBL: PatParadize
  • FaceballMcDougalFaceballMcDougal Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Ya EA does odd stuff. I set up something with them on Live once and now when I rent EA games I get an email... 'Thanks for registering Medal of Honor: Airborne!'.... when I did no such thing.

    xbl/psn/steam: jabbertrack
  • fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Oh crap I just realized: Are we going to be forced to go through EA's shitty servers to play this online? D:

    What what what?!

    I'd not thought of that. Seriously, fuck that.

    Seriously, fuck that.

    fragglefart.jpg
  • RivulentRivulent Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Smudge wrote: »
    hmxmoss wrote: »
    Smudge wrote: »
    Don't force your standards on everyone else.

    Funny, I don't remember shoving a copy of the game in your hands and stealing your wallet.

    Great customer support. SOE used to love that line. Gamers love them I hear.

    Just trying to nail home a perfectly valid opinion. There are countless reasons people might want to have the OPTION of hear 'sub perfect' voice. You tube is doing pretty well even though their video quality is hideous. But it is better than an alternative of nothing.

    I agree with your opinion in that there should be an option, but there's a few points I'd like to make:

    1. hmxmoss is not customer support. We are all thankful he is in this thread as much as he is, it is the main reason I check daily. I believe hostility towards devs who participate in the forums should be ban-able. Unless they developed Lair.

    2. They may look at adding the feature as counterproductive because of it's inherent flaws, and by including the ability to hear friends delayed, they would be compromising the quality of the presentation of the game. Sometimes it's better not to do it at all if you know it will be flawed.

    3. Again, I wouldn't mind an option to turn it on. But FFS, mess with hmxmoss and you mess with all of us! If you are trying to get your point across effectively, being condescending and ass about it won't get you anywhere.

    544592-1.png?1281108642
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Come on, Smudge made himself look bad enough for the ridiculous crap he was spouting at moss. And I think moss can fend for himself:
    I am not customer support. I tried to explain why there is an issue, and you jumped down my throat about speaking like a schoolteacher, breaking up father-son relationships and forcing standards on you.

    (I lol'd)




    A dumb post isn't really against the rules, or there would have been some kind of moderation. It's not like I'm not checking this thread daily too. :P

  • KalTorakKalTorak Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Cap, did you ever know that you're my hero?
    Smudge wrote:
    Cons:
    - checkbox for this option would not fit on the option screen
    - providing a feature (chat during the game) that every other live game does is HARD.

    You're ignoring the fact that in 99% of other games, it really doesn't matter whether you hear your friend say "I'm out of ammo" at 9:50:35 or 9:50:36. In a music game however, timing precision is much more crucial. Not only will it sound like shit, it throws off everyone else who hears it. Ever try playing GH with a recording of the same song playing in the background, 1 second off? My friend did it occasionally to fuck with me - and that's exactly what it does. Your argument seems to be "Why won't they let me?!" when it's not an issue of them being lazy and not putting in the option b/c it's too much work. Implementing that kind of feature would either A) compromise the entire multiplayer aspect of the game or B) make you pay a monthly fee for the vast wodges of bandwidth you'd need to make the game playable.

  • BrueBrue Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Hmm not sure if anyone else has bared witness to the EA marketing machine, fear not though, I will let you know that Rock Band is everywhere here. I for one am a huge proponent of the game and am glad that EA + MTV can "get the word out" so to speak. Although I would definitely like to compare my experiences so far with others.

    Friday morning: walking to class innocently when I hear Soundgarden off in the distance as I walk towards campus (the prestigious Sacramento State University). I see a full length semi trailer with 4 people going at it hard to Superunknown I believe, although my recollection of the songlists from that Soundgarden CD has faded it was a great song I remembered from a decade ago. Needless to say I was intrigued, however, late to class... I would later come back, see the entire display with propped up flat panel tv's so everyone could watch these 4 rock out with their cocks out. It definitely looks fun, but none of these pro's were allowed to let me make a fool of myself up on said trailer, disheartening to say the least. I definitely liked how they set up the trailer to make it look like a real band and am definitely impressed with the presentation / controls of the game (duh!). Obviously, marketing to college students is smart...

    Saturday Night: I am walking to my car from a sushi place downtown from a friends bday, when out of nowhere, I see a small Rock Band van (fun to say) tear ass down the street, It must've been coming from some "gig" since it was like 1am.

    Sunday Afternoon: Walking to Chipotle for a burrito and I have yet another run in with said Rock Band van this time obeying the speed laws of Sacramento. Three straight days of Rock Band, I definitely think about throwing down the proverbial 5 dollars for my pre order, I was going to before the advertising onslaught yet I am constantly reminded of its omniprescence.

    The moral of the story is I knew that EA+MTV was going to bring out the big guns when it came to marketing/jamming it down my throat, I just wasn't prepared enough. Anyone else had similar mass exposure to the game already? I am thinking the fact Sacramento is a test market has something to do with it, or it could be due to its relative proximity to silicon valley (1.5-2 hours), EA's HQ is also within that timeframe of travel, I don't know, I just know that november 20th or whenever it hits stores is far far away.

  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hasn't been a lick of press here in Oz. Probably because they'd get sick of hearing the obvious "will we get it before christmas?" question :P

  • NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I'm here in Dallas, and my friends are all back in El Paso, and I can't tell you how many times I sit alone in my room, going "Man, if only I could hear them sing Sabotage one more time." Then I break down crying.

    I lol'd

    I remember this game called amplitude and it was awesome online.
    that is all.

    :winky:
    louzorz.jpg
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Nalouto wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »
    I'm here in Dallas, and my friends are all back in El Paso, and I can't tell you how many times I sit alone in my room, going "Man, if only I could hear them sing Sabotage one more time." Then I break down crying.

    I lol'd

    I remember this game called amplitude and it was awesome online.
    that is all.

    Totally yes. The only thing that sucked was the rampant cheating/I could never win against anyone even though I was fuckawesome in my circle of friends who are usually also fuckawesome at games in general.

    Fuck that game was awesome.

  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This game needs more Swedes. Like fucking badly.

    Pain of Salvation

    Machinae Supremacy

    Dark Tranquillity

    In Flames

    I don't mean to be that guy. But seriously it needed to be said. Okay, so not so much the bottom two, because despite how much I love me some Gothenburg melodeath sexiness, death metal vocals in this game wouldn't go over so well. But the top two, jesus christ that would be some fun for every instrument.

    At some point for the sake of everything good and holy I'll link a stream of Pain of Salvation, there's just not a good youtube of "People Passing By" right now.

  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Oh my god, I've been avoiding reading about this because I don't want to spend, like, $1000 on a video game... but jesus fucking christ, that is an AWESOME song list. There are NO songs on there that I don't love. I have all those on my ipod already.

    Dammit, I'm gonna have to start dipping into my PS3 fund.

  • StigmaStigma Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Nocturne wrote: »
    This game needs more Swedes. Like fucking badly.

    Pain of Salvation

    Machinae Supremacy

    Dark Tranquillity

    In Flames

    I don't mean to be that guy. But seriously it needed to be said. Okay, so not so much the bottom two, because despite how much I love me some Gothenburg melodeath sexiness, death metal vocals in this game wouldn't go over so well. But the top two, jesus christ that would be some fun for every instrument.

    At some point for the sake of everything good and holy I'll link a stream of Pain of Salvation, there's just not a good youtube of "People Passing By" right now.

    The guy from In Flames has shown off a bit of vocal range, and he's mellowed out recently so if they used a recent track the vocals wouldn't be nearly as grating as Six or anything like that from GH2.
    Come Clarity might be a good pick.

    As far as the lag thing. Wouldn't some compensating code work? Have some things get done pre-emptively on the client side of things so the lag won't break the game. I can't really figure it out myself but I bet there are some tricks they could employ to get it done.
    The problem with having the singer get a lead is that they wouldn't hear the band missing notes...

    YHWHYinYangblueblackblueborder.jpg
  • darleysamdarleysam Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Oh crap I just realized: Are we going to be forced to go through EA's shitty servers to play this online? D:

    What what what?!

    I'd not thought of that. Seriously, fuck that.

    Seriously, fuck that.

    i thought it was MTV publishing, and EA were just distributing. If that's the case, i doubt they'd be handling all the online stuff.

Sign In or Register to comment.