As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Attention Citizens, Please Be On Alert for an Escaped [Super Hero Movie Thread].

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm probably not the person to ask anyway because aside from the Bay stuff, I am well and truly a sucker for most things Transformers. I really liked Prime, I'm pretty excited about this.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    What's safe to say is that "Guardians Of The Galaxy" is the most charming Marvel movie so far. The primary ensemble (Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel) is perhaps the most winning group of characters they've introduced in any of these movies so far, and while it's hard to figure out their dynamic when you just read their names together or even in clips, by the end of the film, this is a family that I would happily follow through any number of movies. I'm not sure I've ever seen a film in which every major character steals every scene from every other major character, but that's exactly what happens here. As my oldest son said as we were driving home from the film and he was trying to list all of his favorite parts of the movie, "It's like they're all good parts!"

Indeed. It is a movie of all good parts.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Wow, are they trying to out Anime Drift with Red Spikey Robot hair?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »

You can't anime out something that's already anime

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Guys. I am exponentially excited about GotG.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh wow that is a straight up "we couldn't afford rights to Invaders Must Die but this sounds as close as we could get"

• Options
    I know it's been said, but I would just like to reiterate that Rocket Raccoon has officially premiered in a big-budget feature film before Wonder Woman, the third pillar in the DC trinity.

• Options
    Yukira wrote: »

You can't anime out something that's already anime

Watch them find a way.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    The animation on this is pretty damn slick

New Transformers series teaser

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=683133768423487

Is Optimus a ghost in this series or something?

• Options
    If it takes after Prime,
    Optimus sacrificed himself to reignite the All Spark in the Predacons Rising movie.

• Options
    edited July 2014

Optimus sacrificed himself at the end of Prime (specifically in the Predacons Rising movie).

Ceno on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Guys. I am exponentially excited about GotG.

you should be

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Anybody watching Conan?

Dwayne Johnson was on to promote Hercules. In the ads for this episode, they had him saying something like "Superman's got nothing on me" which made me think they might talk about his potential DC thing, but during the actual interview I don't think that line was ever actually said and Conan's moved on to the next guest already.

Though Conan did say that the Rock had gotten into "superhero shape" before correcting himself to say "god shape" instead.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular

It's a continuation of Prime where he sacrificed himself to repower Cybertron at the end of Beast Hunters.
    He even says that "The Age of Primes is over."

Bee is leading a new team of Autobots on Earth (including Sideswipe who's probably the red guy).

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ugh, I'm not able to see Gotg til the 4th, and found out about a pre-release one town over basically as the last ticket sold. I can't take this wait anymore!

I've been waiting for this movie since before it existed! ( and still got one of my fan castings!!! )

Every day until it comes out feels like an entire year all it's own at this point.

I CAN'T TAKE IT! I need this movie now!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I haaaaaaaaaaate whenever they do a CG show with that, I forget the term, animation style that is staggered so that it is similar to hand-drawn work

It just looks like a choppy, shitty framerate to me

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Ghosted,

BUT GETH LIKES ME BEST!!!!

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    If they're keeping the Prime casting, Will Friedle is Bumblebee.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    that new transformers still looks too much like animated and prime for me to give it a chance

and the animation looks not very good for some of that clip anyway

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I sure hope that long transformation scene was just a one off

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I haaaaaaaaaaate whenever they do a CG show with that, I forget the term, animation style that is staggered so that it is similar to hand-drawn work

I was thinking it looked "jumpy", this explains it

Man is that what people see when they say a game has a bad frame rate?

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Has this been discussed? Because I'm kind of in love with what is going on here.

(Minor Arrow S3 spoilers)
    arsenal-arrow.jpg

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    SEE

SPOILERS

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

video games aren't usually that bad, but yes, animation is usually drawn with 12 unique frames per second, with more frames reserved for big action scenes and fewer frames for low-motion scenes

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    SEE

SPOILERS
    YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE MODS CHILLA

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SEE

SPOILERS

I'm just teasing but I'm glad it wasn't just me
    -Tal wrote: »

video games aren't usually that bad, but yes, animation is usually drawn with 12 unique frames per second, with more frames reserved for big action scenes and fewer frames for low-motion scenes

Yeah I can never see it in games so I was just curious

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Sony Pictures Entertainment announced on Tuesday that its upcoming action comedy film Pixels will feature the video game characters Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Galaga, Frogger, Q*bert, and Space Invaders. Several video game companies and license-holders, including Atari, Konami, Bandai Namco Games, Nintendo, Columbia Pictures Industries, Taito, and Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, are collaborating with Sony Pictures on the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8vRWTSsJo

OH MAN THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESO-
    Chris Columbus (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Home Alone, Mrs. Doubtfire) is directing the feature about a former retro game champion who is summoned by the President of the United States to fend off an alien attack on Earth. Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Peter Dinklage, Josh Gad, and Brian Cox will star in the film, which is slated for summer 2015. The film is based on a short film Patrick Jean:

Oh....

Talk about taking the wind out of the sails.

Chris Columbus was actually your first clue to ignore this

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    SEE

SPOILERS

Why? The rockers seemed to do ok.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    SEE

SPOILERS

Why? The rockers seemed to do ok.

For now.

But the king is coming back. And we'll see who beats who then!

(Lottie. My money is on Lottie beating everyone.)

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I was listening to Kavinsky while reading Batman earlier and now I want a Batman animated series with the music and color palette of Drive

Yo @Grey Ghost, have you ever seen the original pilot for Batman the animated series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnxu9CfeHN4

I want a show that is basically this, but Moon Knight

Like TAS but a lot slower-paced

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    there's no button in marvel unlimited for 'next book in the series' that you can just click, is there? Getting from one to the next seems kinda cumbersome

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    weirdly enough, the app has that feature, but the web reader doesn't.

• Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    So someone is trying to tell me that marvel made nothing off of the success of films prior to Iron Man and that the binding contacts they made in the early 2000s was in no way a consequence of their impending bankruptcy at the time. I disagree with all of that. So who is correct?

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't know if they got a cut of the profits but they definitely made money from the sale of the film rights

• Options
    Nah they got some portion of it

not a ton, but a little cut

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I don't have a source, but I'm pretty sure they get a cut of the money.

The firesale of IP was totally a consequence of the 2000 era bankruptcy.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    I don't have a source, but I'm pretty sure they get a cut of the money.

The firesale of IP was totally a consequence of the 2000 era bankruptcy.

If Marvel didn't get a cut of the movie revenues I can't imagine that they'd ever do any of the cross-promotion for the Sony/Fox Marvel movies that they do.

• Options
    Marvel declared bankruptcy in 1996, not the early 2000s, otherwise you're totally right.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Yeah, I just saw that. Whoops.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    It's no coincidence that there was no such thing as a big screen Marvel film until Blade (1998), followed by X-Men (2000), and Spider-Man (2002).

Centipede Damascus on
This discussion has been closed.