As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Call of Duty]: Black Ops 3 (jump suits and all) out now!

• Options
    nusunusu Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    This looks kinda fun: (totally borrowing Kotaku's bandwidth, spoilered for huge):
    yhtlhjphscmaiomqpfsg.gif

nusu on
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    nusu wrote: »
    I dunno, this looks kinda fun: (totally stealing Kotaku's bandwidth:

yhtlhjphscmaiomqpfsg.gif

halo-3-ninja-d-o.gif

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    I just hope the cloaking ability won't be too obnoxious, because I can just see matches filling up with invisible snipers everywhere. Shiver.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    Dashui wrote: »
    I just hope the cloaking ability won't be too obnoxious, because I can just see matches filling up with invisible snipers everywhere. Shiver.

360 BOOSTED NO SCOPE SCRUB GET GOOD

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I like how in that gif with anything approaching reasonable sensitivity he could have just turned around and shot him.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »

TEH MOST EPIC OF TEMPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SHOTS!111!!!

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Oh no, I'm starting to get hyped.

Talk me down guys.

Talk. Me. Down.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »

Talk me down guys.

Talk. Me. Down.

Invisible flying witches everywhere.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    No, no. I think he means the game.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    iRevert wrote: »

TEH MOST EPIC OF TEMPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR SHOTS!111!!!

U GOT REKTD HARDER THAN YOUR MOMS PUSSY LAST NIGHT

Talk me down guys.

Talk. Me. Down.

See above quote but voice it as a 13 year old followed by a lobby full of fucktards going "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" after they say it.

iRevert on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    That's why Jesus invented party chat and mute-all options.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Anyone here still play Ghosts? I'm not interested in playing the actual multi at all, but I enjoyed that Extinction mode when the game first released, and I know there are like 4-5 of them now. I'd be interested in picking up the map packs just for Extinction, but I probably wouldn't want to if there's not anyone else around that was interested.

• Options
    What console? I have Ghosts on 360 and I'd be open to Extinction.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Anyone here still play Ghosts? I'm not interested in playing the actual multi at all, but I enjoyed that Extinction mode when the game first released, and I know there are like 4-5 of them now. I'd be interested in picking up the map packs just for Extinction, but I probably wouldn't want to if there's not anyone else around that was interested.

if you're on 360 I am. I managed to snag the Harderened edition for $55 and that came with the season pass so I got all the maps.

Also, I'm on East coast now so there's less of a time difference from when I was in California.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I like most of what they showed, but I'm not too sure about getting weapons as random drops...

Uh, I hate those systems. I grind forever and never get what I want.

I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 3!

• Options
    I like most of what they showed, but I'm not too sure about getting weapons as random drops...

Uh, I hate those systems. I grind forever and never get what I want.

I'm looking at you, Mass Effect 3!

You didn't sacrifice enough pyjaks to the RNGesus.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I'm on 360, yeah.

• Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    The Extinction mode is great, and the newer maps are really well done (I haven't tried the newest one yet, trying to finish up Gen 10 on Titanfall prior to Diablo coming out). They seem to get progressively more difficult too, but Nightfall (the first one they added) is a real bitch if you're out of practice.

They're also fun to play solo if you can't find someone else to play with or don't want to join randoms. I've completed them all with Relics while solo and it's a fun challenge.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Call of Duty has been off my radar for the past 5 years or so. A combination of getting burnt out on the series and getting more into Battlefield (love myself some destructible environments).

The trailer for Advanced Warfare has me interested again. It looks really fun.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Yeah, I havn't really touched a CoD since the original one, and Advanced Warfare put it back on the map for me.

Since it'll probably share some gameplay styles with older games, is there a decent and cheap one that I should check out just to confirm that I might like it?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Depends on which company is at bat this time around. If it's Treyarch, you can probably find Blops 1 or 2 for cheap.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Yeah, I havn't really touched a CoD since the original one, and Advanced Warfare put it back on the map for me.

Since it'll probably share some gameplay styles with older games, is there a decent and cheap one that I should check out just to confirm that I might like it?

BlackOps2 should be cheapish. It's also the best CoD there is.

• Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Nope.jpg

COD4 or MW2

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »

BLOPS2 is apparently still $59 on Steam.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Oh on PC?

Yeah, Activision is shit at digital pricing.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Activision doesn't understand that prices for things tend to go down as they get older. Even the first CoD is still $20 on Steam.

• Options
    Maybe they do. People are still willing to pay them, though on console at least they tend(ed) to throw in the first DLC pack instead of lowering the price after 2 years.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 2014
    The pricing is still fucking garbage for the games' age. Battlefield 3 Premium is already only $30 and it's only 3 years old. The base price of the first Modern Warfare (2007) on Steam is $50.

Apples and oranges, of course, but the point is Activision just doesn't give a shit. I fully expect Advanced Warfare to be in the $99 digital price range upon release, because people will lap it up at those prices anyway.

edit: Modern Warfare 2 is $20, and Modern Warfare 3 is $30. You know what? I don't even fucking know at this point.

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Meh. It looks alright.

But really the only thing that really interested me was them bringing back scorestreaks and making the perk system less terrible.

So yeah, still kind of whatever.

• Options
    The pricing is still fucking garbage for the games' age. Battlefield 3 Premium is already only $30 and it's only 3 years old. The base price of the first Modern Warfare (2007) on Steam is $50.

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/battlefield-3/pc-download/addon/battlefield-3-premium

Under $10

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Well, I downloaded all of the map packs, and fifty dollars later, I have all of the Extinction maps. Pretty excited about it overall, but when I jumped on last night to play through Nightfall, I was reminded of the pain that is pub Extinction lobbies: people failing the very first challenge (either melee everyone or shoot once for 100% accuracy, then melee everyone); nobody drops armor or ammo, but everyone's out of both; etc. When there's zero communication, even enemies like the Breeder are a total cockblock -- I was only able to take him down twice last night (and I know he comes back later even harder). Every other time, he just absolutely pub-stomped us.

We just all need to get on and crush these things.

milk ducks on
  • Options
    Well, I downloaded all of the map packs, and fifty dollars later, I have all of the Extinction maps. Pretty excited about it overall, but when I jumped on last night to play through Nightfall, I was reminded of the pain that is pub Extinction lobbies: people failing the very first challenge (either melee everyone or shoot once for 100% accuracy, then melee everyone); nobody drops armor or ammo, but everyone's out of both; etc. When there's zero communication, even enemies like the Breeder are a total cockblock -- I was only able to take him down twice last night (and I know he comes back later even harder). Every other time, he just absolutely pub-stomped us.

We just all need to get on and crush these things.

I guess you're going to need to....

Try harder

• Options
    So, I guess the release date for AW is Nov 3rd for both physical and digital preorders? I dunno. I saw the thing about the "Day-0" code for digital preorders, but I just got an email from Amazon telling me that the new delivery date for my copy is also Nov 3rd.

• Options
    Certain orders/packages get the game a day early.

• Options
    Good game today, @Musicool. Pretty solid extraction on Point of Contact, especially considering you guys don't have a ton of experience with it yet. Seriously, let me know whenever you're interested in doing more. They added these "Teeth" to Extinction that you gain by completing challenges and finishing games, that you can use to unlock additional features, so even if we only ever play Point of Contact, its still a great way to earn Teeth.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    MrVyngaard wrote: »

Talk me down guys.

Talk. Me. Down.

Invisible flying witches everywhere.

I'm in.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Good game today, @Musicool. Pretty solid extraction on Point of Contact, especially considering you guys don't have a ton of experience with it yet. Seriously, let me know whenever you're interested in doing more. They added these "Teeth" to Extinction that you gain by completing challenges and finishing games, that you can use to unlock additional features, so even if we only ever play Point of Contact, its still a great way to earn Teeth.

I think our relative success was a combination of communication* and what we talked about viz a viz: people actually knowing which direction is up and how you do the things with the stuff.

But the "Teeth" have confuzzled me so thanks for that.

*For instance, the end game would have clobbered us without you knowing what was going on.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    VeyVey Registered User regular
    I'll buy it if Vacorsis does.

• Options
    Get it, @Vey. The new Extinction maps are pretty cool. I just finally finished Nightfall, which is a lot harder than Point of Contact, in my opinion. I completed it with the Pistols Only relic equipped, which earned me some Teeth. As an Engineer, I found a lot of opportunities to activate traps through Nightfall in every area except the very last one, which was an absolute pain for me because Engineers have no real way of generating cash without their traps. Thankfully, we had 2 Weapon Specs on the team, and they were able to power us through when I ran out of points.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Vey wrote: »
    I'll buy it if Vacorsis does.

D'awwwww

If you're talking about Ghosts, though, I'm pretty done with that game. For Advanced Warfare, I'll probably be playing that on the PlayStation 4 along with Mercy and Brutle.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166