As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Video games must be destroyed with a Giant Bomb.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    I'm playing Shadow Hearts and The Old Republic right now, anyone? Thread? Join me?

shadow hearts is the fuckin' bomb

So far it sure is an early-ass PS2 jurp!

It's wayyyyy better than Koudelka for sure though so after that atrocious gauntlet anything would be a breath of fresh air.

i actually never played the first shadow hearts

I'm only like an hour into it. Guy is haunted by something that compels him to save this girl, who is being targeted by Evil Roger Bacon for some reason.

The sort-of Persona-ish hook to the magic system seems pretty cool, but the reflex wheel thing sure is more annoying than compelling.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    y'all have at least one more whole thread after this so don't get tore up too soon

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    but yeah my main concern is losing a place to talk about smaller games like arden's visual novel I linked yesterday that wouldn't necessarily warrant their own thread, and also aren't on steam

I guess I could make a miscellaneous indie games thread

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    y'all have at least one more whole thread after this so don't get tore up too soon

Tube

I'm so tore

cant heal these wounds

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

Whoa. This is incredible.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    we could make...

...a metal gear thread...

yes, then we can quarantine everyone in it. great idea -tal

• Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Make a games journalism thread, a food thread, and a persona thread and a wrong opinions thread and an insomnia thread and we got this thing covered. I am aware we have most of these threads already.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    So this new Star Wars ipad game, which I assume is approved by Disney, has Dark Troopers in it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Actually not much could bring me down right now cause I just found out ms chilla is likely landing a job and that means we don't have to find a new place to live hooray!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm playing Shadow Hearts and The Old Republic right now, anyone? Thread? Join me?

shadow hearts is the fuckin' bomb

So far it sure is an early-ass PS2 jurp!

It's wayyyyy better than Koudelka for sure though so after that atrocious gauntlet anything would be a breath of fresh air.

i actually never played the first shadow hearts

I'm only like an hour into it. Guy is haunted by something that compels him to save this girl, who is being targeted by Evil Roger Bacon for some reason.

The sort-of Persona-ish hook to the magic system seems pretty cool, but the reflex wheel thing sure is more annoying than compelling.

yeah shadow hearts 2 is a direct sequel to the first so it features enough backstory that i know the gist of the first one

shadow hearts 3 is about a spunky photographer helping a native american woman save the united states of america from malice

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    more people should play monster hunter

go post in metalbourne's monster hunter thread

I'm still waiting for Monster Hunter 4 to be released anywhere outside of Japan!

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    -a hat argument thread

This is my favorite thread.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    more people should play monster hunter

go post in metalbourne's monster hunter thread

I'm still waiting for Monster Hunter 4 to be released anywhere outside of Japan!

you and me both buddy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Isoldae wrote: »
    -a hat argument thread

This is my favorite thread.

spoken like a man without skin cancer

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    joachime is a great character. now that I think about it kanji's weapons are kind of similar to his. now I'm wishing kanji had short cutscenes involving him finding weapon upgrades.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't see the problem with just posting on the giant bomb forums
    You mean the forum that put out jema like being glad Patricks dad died so they don't have to listen to Patrick anymore?

jema and the holograms

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    but then thinking about it why bunch every smaller game into one thread

it's not like all threads need to go a full 100 pages, if kindness coins facilitates a nice five page discussion and that's it then sure why not

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Jars wrote: »
    joachime is a great character. now that I think about it kanji's weapons are kind of similar to his. now I'm wishing kanji had short cutscenes involving him finding weapon upgrades.

the escalation of insanity for your party members in each successive shadow hearts is something that no other franchise has duplicated

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    I don't see the problem with just posting on the giant bomb forums

Well, this may be ironic, but because their mod staff sucks at keeping thing nice like around here.

Tube if you feel like it could you tell us why the change? If not, fair enough.

There's a few thread characteristics we try to avoid
    1. Recurring excessively
    2. Being home to users who don't post anywhere else (particularly if it's a point of pride
    3. Containing a lot of treehousing

Which are true of this thread to at least some extent. It's not really punitive though, I just think the thread could do with a break. I don't think it's ever had one, and I can recall specifically excluding this thread when we last locked a bunch of megathreads. I believe they still have a thread in G&T, although you'll have to, you know, talk about Giant Bomb in it.

I love the giant bomb thread but I think that some frequently recurring threads really benefit from breaks.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    we could make...

DID SOMEONE SAY METAL GEAR THREAD

• Options
    It is nice having a centralized place on here that makes it seem like I have friends again. That's what makes this sad for me. Well that and not having any friends off of here.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    we could make...

DID SOMEONE SAY METAL GEAR THREAD

chocolate-spongebob-tumblrice-cream-war-bvoe4do2.jpg

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Tube

I'm so tore

cant heal these wounds

CRAAAAAAAWWWWWLING IIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIN

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    Yeah it feels like it's nearly time.

Only 2-3 months until the Interactive Entertainment Product of the Year thread.

signature.png

• Options
    gooooooooooooooooooooooood dangit fuck vector math

• Options
    It is nice having a centralized place on here that makes it seem like I have friends again. That's what makes this sad for me. Well that and not having any friends off of here.

death of rats these are the posts that really should be reinforcing how badly you need to go on antidepressants

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    A lot of the other threads here focus on games/sports/media I am not nearly deep into enough to keep any sort of conversation going, so I stick to the generic general ones

which makes me realize what a boring person I am

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Do we have a Rune Factory thread?

Because if we don't, I'm probably going to make one when I start playing it

nope. up until this month really the only two people that had played it were myself and ronnie.

That's kinda sad. I put approximately a million hours into Harvest Moon 64 and like 80 into Frontier before I got sick of Runey maintenance

But quite a few more people seem to be playing it now

But then we don't need to make super game-specific threads, either

It can just be a Jurp thread! We can talk about the Xenoblades and the Rune Factories and the Personas....?

Maybe

I'd post in a jurp thread. Right now I'm playing Persona 3 Portable and Rune Factory 4. Persona has its hooks sunk deeper into my soul though.

• Options

to be clear, I'm not awesomeing that you don't have friends

I'm awesomeing that we count as friends

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

Whoa. This is incredible.

Better than my best Far Cry 3 outpost clearing.

That consisted of me sitting in a bush patiently working out how to get around undetected when I suddenly heard a guy scream "Tiger!" and then thirty seconds later the "Outpost Cleared!" thing popped.

Go team.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Everyone stop being friends with Death of Rats when the thread ends ok

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    I'm watching this Elite: Dangerous Unfinished

Dan

Dan please tell me you knew there was air in space before and you're just joking.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options

death of rats these are the posts that really should be reinforcing how badly you need to go on antidepressants

I don't quite follow

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Hey there is a new true facts about animals:

If cursing and like baby animals and stuff is frowned upon at work maybe don't watch this. (maybe nsfw????)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNqQL-1gZF8

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Every outpost clearing in Far Cry 3, near the end of the game, devolved into "find a good position to snipe people with my bow"

I still really liked it

But I felt like I was cheating because I never used my knife unless I consciously made an effort to

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    you can't fool me, I know koalas are secretly death animals

• Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    i'm not tore

i'm ripped

on account of my muscles that are very large

• Options

While I can see your point (and I do have a small handful of friends), my friends live at least 4 hours away, I live in the middle of nowhere, and I'm financially stuck in this area. I have no way to meet new people here, so I'm really not kidding when I say this makes me sad. I enjoy this thread being able to fill that hole where my social life use to be.

But I have an appointment with my doctor next month to see if I can't get something going for the depression. So I am working on it.

No I don't.
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    at least one more? so is there some kind of megathread culling planned for a certain date or something?

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Slack requires email addresses but I basically 100% agree with this thread taking a break

This discussion has been closed.